A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

6717 Calmont Avenue, Fort Worth, TX (817) 732-5235

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Marjorie P

I highly recommend Tailoring by Rios for any bride to be. They went out of their way to accommodate my tight and hellish wedding timeline and their price was very reasonable . Even with the short timeline, his tailoring work was exquisite! My wedding dress looks beautiful. I'm... Read More very glad I trusted my wedding alterations to Rios!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Lauren M

I brought my wedding dress here for alterations and was so pleased with the quality of service I received. It is a family owned business and they have one specific person who works with brides. My dress was gorgeous and the fit was perfect!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Courtney W

I had 3 fittings to ensure a perfect fit and sure enough my dress fit perfectly to my body! I was so happy with my decision to choose Tailoring by Rios!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Lauren D

I called Tailoring by Rios three months before my wedding, needing minimal alternations. They worked me into their schedule quickly, and Edward was SO great to work with! He explained how my dress was designed to minimize the beautiful lace being cut and showed me examples of... Read More different bustle styles. I needed to have my dress ready to wear for my bridal portraits a month later, and it was perfectly altered and ready to go when I picked it up. They normally schedule three appointments with each bride to make sure all the alterations are just the way you them, but I just didn't have the time, which they so graciously accommodated.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Lauryn D

Edward was so great and attentive! My dress turned out beautifully and he worked around my schedule!! Would definitely use him again! He is very talented when it comes to bridal gowns!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Gina M

My dress was bought a year before the wedding and when we got to 4 months before the day, it was way too big. I had been trying to lose weight and wanted to continue until a couple weeks before. Tailoring by Rios was great. Edward had 4 fittings with me and made the last one to... Read More be 10 days before the day so that it would fit perfect. He ended up having to take it in every visit including the last one. I had a strapless dress and he wanted to make sure it fit just right. I picked up it 4 days after my last fitting and you couldn't tell at all that it had been taken in so much. The day of my wedding and my dress fit like a glove- I wasn't fighting with it to stay up at all. They were so accommodating and made sure that my dress would fit perfect-which it did. Thank you Tailoring by Rios!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Annya R

Found Tailoring by Rios through The Knot, not many reviews but all were good. I was so lucky I choose them to work with. I worked with Edward and honestly can say out of ALL my vendors he treated most like a bride. My dress was rather expensive so I was apprehensive to take... Read More it to someone I didn't know but he shortened the tulle, added a button bustling (unseen), brought in the corset without taking anyway any of the design, reinforced the corset with ribbing and at the last minute made some more ribbing adjustments. He was efficient and a great communicator for a new bride to work with. Additionally he was very reasonably priced but best he was easy and enjoyable to work with!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 shannon k

I contacted Tailoring by Rios a little later than I should have. They were able to fit me in. My dress is a 1940's vintage lace dress. I had ask for them to an a corset back since it didn't zip up all the way on me. When I went into my fitting after the alterations where... Read More made I was so happy with the work. The dress looks like it was made that way and made just for me. My fiance also had his tux altered with them. We both very pleased with the prices and the services. Highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Paula F

Edward did a fabulous job with the alteration of my wedding gown. He went above and beyond to make sure that I felt comfortable in my gown. It fit perfectly!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Chandler F

Outstanding! Edward was truly amazing to deal with and does beautiful work. My daughter had gained weight from the time she ordered her dress to the time it came in. She was extremely stressed out about it until we went to Rios and he assured her he could alter it to fit.... Read More His calm attitude was so reassuring to her at every fitting. As it turned out, it fit beautifully! I could not recommend anyone more than Rios! Do not cut corners and look for cheaper tailors. This is one area that you want to be stress free during your wedding planning. I felt like the cost was very reasonable for the service. Best choice we could have made!

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Andrea H

Tailoring by Rios was a life saver for me after a previous seamstress made some mess-ups on my wedding dress. Eduardo was extremely helpful, kind, understanding and genuinely empathetic in my concerns about fixing my wedding dress in time for my wedding day and bridal photos. He... Read More was fabulous to work with, and made my dress look exactly like I had imagined and fixed some other things along the way. I would highly recommend Tailoring by Rios – they are wonderful, well priced, and wonderful to work with.

Reviewed on 2/13/2016 Kelly P

Tailoring by Rios was wonderful to work with for my wedding! Edward was so wonderful to work with helping me customize my dress to make it my dream dress. My husband could not believe it when he saw the before and after photos. Edward helped me with taking out a layer of tulle... Read More in the skirt, adjusting the straps and adding more lace to the dress and he made it so seamless that no one would have guessed we did that much to the dress. Their customer service is top notch and I loved their emergency kit they provided! I will definitely go to them for alterations in the future. They are definitely on the pricey side but I did not want to risk anything with my wedding dress and the quality was wonderful.

Beautiful and Honest Work!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Ashley M

Tailoring by Rios does absolutely outstanding work! I went to see two different people before I had my consultation with Edward. I knew immediately once the consultation started that I would go with Tailoring by Rios. Edward was upfront and honest throughout the whole process... Read More about cost, what I needed and what he could do. I have a smaller bust and was worried that the top of the dress would look too big - one of the consultations I had prior even told me that no tailor would be able to fix the bust of the dress to fit. But Tailoring by Rios never saw this as an issue and the dress fit me perfectly. I had multiple fittings and I felt confident leaving each time. Every person that I spoke to at Tailoring by Rios was kind and courteous, and on top of that they do wonderful work.

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Erica B

I bought my wedding dress off the rack and it fit almost perfectly (except that I am short and did not fill in the bust). I took my dress to Tailoring By Rios and was very satisfied with the price and result. I had my dress shortened, taken in at the bust, and bustled. I had to... Read More make a total of 4 trips to the salon over a 3 month period (initial fitting, trial fitting, final fitting, and final pick up). The last trip was optional as a complimentary steaming of my gown was offered and I wanted to wait until closer to my wedding to have it steamed and picked up. The best part about the alteration was the bustle! I had just been the maid of honor for my friend and her dress was a nightmare to bustle. I expressed my concerns at the initial fitting and Edward made me feel much better. The bustle was hassle free and easy for my mom to work with (she was unable to attend any of the fittings). I would HIGHLY recommend Tailoring by Rios, they may be pricier than the average tailor, but the rapport and expertise is worth the little extra. The ease of the bustle and peace of mind was worth it enough for me to spend the extra money.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Maxine B

So I bought my dress in my old home state of CT but I had recently moved to TX where I was going to get married. I was really frantic to find a place that would alter my dress as a lot of dress store use either outside tailors or won't take outside dresses. I had lost about 20... Read More pounds after buying the dress so the dress needed to be taken in a lot. I found Tailoring by Rios and from the phone call to picking up my dress I was made to feel comfortable and reassured about my decision. I was originally to have 3 appointments the initial, the 1 st alterations and final approval. Unfortunately at what was to be the last appointment I still wanted a few tweaks and they were able to do it and have it ready for final pick up within the next 2 days. Now as for cost I don't know if what they charged was expensive but I know I had an intricate dress that needed a lot of alterations and I was super happy and satisfied in the end.

Great Value

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Tamara L

Highly recommend Edward for your bridal alterations. I have absolutely no complaints. The alterations were done very well, he worked quickly, and the price was very reasonable for what was being done. He is the best for wedding gowns.

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Paige M

I was very pleased with the alterations I received at Tailoring by Rios. Very professional and excellent at what they do. I requested a 'ball-gown' bustle, which no other tailor I visited knew how to do. Edward did an excellent job!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Christina C

I had my wedding gown altered and had an amazing experience at Tailoring by Rios. They are super professional and truly make you feel special while you are there. You can tell it's very important for them to get it right and they definitely did just that! This may not be the... Read More cheapest option, but I believe it is one of the best options in Fort Worth!

Great Tailor!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Ali C

I was incredibly pleased with my experience at Tailoring by Rios. The owner, Edward, is an incredibly friendly and professional man. He immediately made me feel comfortable. I had a total of three fittings, where he was always prepared and ready to see me. I am from Houston, so... Read More coming to my fittings was more difficult for me than most brides. Because he knew I was coming so far, he offered to stay open late or come up on his day off to make sure I was taken care of. Luckily, we never had to do this, but the fact that he was willing to meant a lot. When I picked up my dress for the last time, he also made sure that I knew I could bring it back days before the wedding if I suddenly lost weight and the dress didn’t fit. On my wedding day, the dress fit perfectly. It was a strapless gown, but I never had to worry about it falling down. It was perfect! I would highly recommend Tailoring by Rios to any bride!

Mrs. Northern

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Elizabeth E

Tailoring by Rios was a great value for the amount of work they did on my dress. They've fitted enough dresses where they know what's best for the bride and her comfort during the big day.

The Best!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Thea D

My fitting and tailoring experience was probably the least stressful of all the planning that went in to my wedding. Edward and his team were just amazing. After each fitting I left with full confidence that their work was going to be flawless. I actually added a layer of... Read More tulle over the top of the skirt of my dress and they did it without any problem! They are truly the best at what they do and are just a pleasure to work with. Amazing customer service!

You get what you pay for

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Melissa M

I bought a dress with an open back and a ton of lace from David's Bridal. I wasn't getting a very good vibe from the alterations people there, so I happened upon Tailoring By Rios and scheduled a consult- best decision ever. They are so professional and do such high quality... Read More work. My dress needed to be taken in quite a bit, bustled and have cups added. They did all of that for me and it looked flawless. I could not have been happier. They had me come in for three separate fittings (first to describe what I wanted and pin, second to try on the alterations, and the third for any changes I needed done after the second fitting). They did such a great job that my third appointment was just me putting on the dress and looking at it in the mirror- it was perfect and didn't need anything else done. My dress was always out and waiting for me in the fitting room when I got there, and I was in and out in 30 minutes or less every time. I'm not really sure what pricing is like for alterations like this- DB quoted me $200, but I feel like the work wouldn't have been near this high-quality. My total bill was right at $300 and I think that was more than fair. I would absolutely use them again.

Perfect

Reviewed on 4/13/2013 Elaina J

I teach high school so my hours were the same as the store, but Mr. Rios was able to fit me in whenever I could make it. He was so nice and my dress was beautiful. He is very talented.

Great Job

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Amanda W

Tailoring by Rios was recommended by the Bridal shop where I bought my wedding dress. I have to say that they did a great job. Everyone that works there was very friendly and the alterations turned out beautifully.

A Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 4/28/2012 Taylor W

Not only did they do a beautiful job altering my dress, but I loved every dress fitting I went to here! They were so kind, and took extra time with me to make sure my dress was perfect. They are very reasonably priced and I highly recommend trusting them with your dress.