Cuisine

American

Food + Catering

7227 W North Ave, Wauwatosa, WI (414) 777-0770

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Meghan D

I am so very thrilled to have worked with Tall Guy and a Grill for my wedding. Obviously the food was amazing so I don't even need to get into details on that. I want to really drive home the fantastic, stellar, top notch, personalized service I received. I believe that without... Read More that, nothing else matters and Dan and Nina and the rest of their staff provided it from the initial inquiry to the final goodbye after the cake was gone and they were sure I was completely taken care of. It's not very often anymore that you can find a place to do all of that, with food that EVERYONE raved about and continues to rave about. But they do. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being so truly exceptional at what you do. I will continue to refer you to anyone who has any catering needs. The Wisners

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Rachel K

We are so glad to have Tall Guy and a Grill cater our wedding -- they were truly phenomenal. It was a buffet because we wanted the meal to be something that was very "us" (gourmet tacos), but we did do a very traditional cocktail hour with passed apps. Nina was a joy to work... Read More with, and everyone raved about the food options and how smoothly the pacing of the meal went. We can’t recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Katelyn W

My husband and I had Tall Guy and A Grill cater our wedding and everything was amazing from their initial tasting to the stellar service at our wedding. For our initial tasting, they had a small table for two set up for us in their Wauwatosa location. We tried 5 meat, 3 starch,... Read More 3 veggie, and two salad options. Each was so delicious and it was hard to choose! They are very accommodating to any "Theme" or types of food you're looking for. Our wedding was on cinco de mayo so they very willingly made us chips, a few different salsas, and guacamole for our hors d'oeuvres. Their spaghetti and meatballs were so good that we decided to have it at our wedding, even with my white dress . The day of our wedding, they made sure we ate our meal, took our whole head tables' drink orders, and had a small plate of our appetizers at our seat so we could enjoy some chips and salsa! People complimented the food for days after our wedding. Veronica always promptly responded to all of my emails, which made my planning flow smoothly. We HIGHLY recommend Tall Guy and a Grill for every event!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Nikki W

Tall Guy just did our wedding at South Shore Pavilion. They did an excellent job. We were told by several people it was the best wedding food they ever had. I thought the food was incredible. We did the stations with tenderloin, char grill chicken and mashed potato bar. The... Read More food at the wedding was even better then the tasting. I didn't think that was possible. Veronica did a great job executed the whole night. Everything from table tear down, to bartending, to service went so well. We will be using them again for future catering needs and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Cassandra R

Tall Guy and a Grill are without a doubt THE best caterers we could have asked for. Not only are they affordable, but they worked directly with us the entire time. A smaller company, we actually felt like they knew us and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. My husband... Read More and I really enjoyed that they don't have a direct menu and will cater to things that you like. Everyone at the reception LOVED the food that we had, all plates were clean. We would definitely use them for another event in the future.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Rachael F

We absolutely loved everything about working with Tall Guy. The food was fantastic and decently priced, and they created a menu that centered on our ideas for the wedding as well as our favorite foods. That was especially refreshing after seeing so many set wedding menus that... Read More just felt like cookie-cutter wedding meals to us. We were planning from out of state, and Veronica responded to all my questions/concerns quickly and clearly. They also coordinated with our other vendors to make sure the day ran smoothly. One of the best parts about Tall Guy was day of...Veronica found me before the ceremony, checked to see if I needed any food or drinks (which came in handy because I had barely eaten that day), and was constantly looking out for us. She made sure our steins were full of beer, that we actually ate and enjoyed our meal during the chaos of the wedding, and when dessert -cookies and ice cream- was brought out, she made sure my husband and I had our favorite cookies and flavor(s) of ice cream before the rest of the guests could dig in. Wedding planning can be stressful, but Tall Guy made the catering process stress-free with their focus on the bride & groom, attention to detail, and professionalism. We couldn't be happier with them!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Hiwot A

INCREDIBLE JOB TALL GUY! Please don't waste your time interviewing a bunch of caterers for your event like we did. Tall Guy & a Grill is the answer!! My now husband and booked Tall Guy for our July wedding and were blown away by the incredible job they did. The day was... Read More seamless! The appetizers were passed around by a super friendly staff with plenty of food to go around. We got numerous complements on our menu: Steak, pulled chicken, WI pasta salad and the grilled asparagus. My husband and I felt like royalty with the service provided by Tall Guy, and our guests were astounded by the service as well. Not only did the wedding day go seamlessly, but Veronica was incredible to work with throughout the booking process. She was easy to get a hold of at a moments and was super friendly! If you want incredible food, crowd pleasing service and a stress free wedding day-Tall Guy and a Grill Catering is for you!

Best Damn... everything...

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Sam H

The funny thing about Tall Guy and a Grill was that for the most part, all of the appetizers we ordered from them, I'm not particularly fond of. At least not normally. Meatballs, bacon wrapped dates, and mac and cheese bites. I've never tasted anything so incredible. The... Read More most incredible thing was that the entire day we didn't have anything to worry about. The food was ready when it was supposed to be, the number of curve balls we threw at them were handled happily and professionally. We live in Chicago, but we are definitely planning a few trips up to the regular restaurant just to sample the other delights they've made.

Exceptional food. Exceptional service.

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Julie G

You are one of those rare catering companies that is so good, you will grow exponentially by word of mouth alone. Thank you for great food, flexibility and saving our mistake when we left 22 place settings of silverware back in Michigan. I believe you are one of the best "newer"... Read More (is that a word?) catering companies on the market in Milwaukee today. My daughter made an exceptional choice in hiring you for her wedding. I recommend people book you quickly as you will be the catering company you have to book over a year in advance. Truly. Again, thanks!