Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry

Serving Chicago-land area.

Tamara & her team have many years of professional experience,working on countless numbers of weddings, print work, fashion shows, photo shoots, and more. Be sure to check out their website and reviews! Tamara & team will help make your wedding day unforgettable, from the trial to the big day!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Oak Brook, IL
Serving Chicago-land area.

Hands down the best hair and make-up team in Chicago!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Shannon G

Let me start off by saying that not only am I an EXTREMELY particular person with my hair and make-up, but I am also a wedding planner in Chicago and was adamant to assemble the very best team when it came to my own wedding. I had the pleasure of working with Tami and... Read More Melanie who I now only refer to as the "dream team" because what they did with myself, my family, and my bridal party was nothing short of magic. There is no comparison to feeling beautiful and confident on your wedding day, and watching my sister, Mom, and Grandma feel the same way was truly special! I have NEVER loved my hair and make-up more. I walked in to the trial with a couple photos of what I was looking for, and the dream team went to work. I fully expected to have a few tweaks here and there as I rarely ever like my hair and make-up, but when they turned me around all I could do was stare. It was perfection from their very first try, and even better on the wedding day. All I can say is book them before someone else does!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Aiza

First off..these girls are the best! They got my bridal party and other family members ready 2 hours before we had to leave! We all looked beautiful. I worked with Tamara and Jodi for both my trial and day of hair and make up. The trial was so much fun and we were all... Read More laughing the whole time and my hair and make up looked amazing. The day of they arrived on time...which was at 6am for 12 people. We anticipated being done by noon...we got done 2 hours early which gave us more time to do other things. It was hot that day and we were taking pictures outside and our make up stayed on ALL day/night and our hair looked great even after all the dancing. We didn't even have to retouch..except for lipstick. =) Overall, these girls are amazing and do an awesome job. I would recommend them over and over again.

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Katie P

I don't even know where to begin with this - there are just TOO MANY good things to say about Tamara and her team- I had originally made an appointment with a salon in Naperville for my September 21st wedding - and my hair and makeup trial was a month before that .. and a... Read More COMPLETE disaster - I was in a panic and was absolutely screwed ( or so I thought). I started firing off emails to see if there was anything still available one month out.. I emailed Tamara Makeup ( they were actually my first choice, but since it was her 5 year wedding anniversary that day- they had originally said no, THANKFULLY between the first email and my disastrous trial- she had decided to take on another wedding. ) I think she sensed my panic and urgency and they worked their schedules to fit us in. The hair and makeup trial went perfectly.. Tamara did my makeup and Jody did the hair - they are absolute perfectionists and work amazing together. It was a HUGE relief to leave that trial, I was 100% confident with my choice. The trials are held at Tamara's home, which is absolutely gorgeous .. there is a whole room set up as a salon ( DREAM ROOM) its amazing- They are a traveling team so no reason for an actual 'salon' - it's perfect. The day of the wedding we had a Jody doing hair with Cristina helping her - we had a tight time frame and they cranked out 9 hairstyles and makeup applications within 3 1/2 hrs! What a dream team ! Mary did the makeup for all the bridesmaids and moms and Tamara actually came in to do me and my sisters makeup so she could make sure everyone was taken care of in within our time frame. They are SUCH a fun group of girls - and I cannot say enough good things about them. Whenever anyone asks what my favorite part about the wedding was - hair and makeup was absolutely at the top!

Perfect Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Jill D

The girls from this company are so sweet and professional. They go above and beyond to make sure every hair and eyelash are perfect. Worth every penny, I would use them in a heartbeat for any special occasion!

Hair and Make Up

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Kelsey L

Tamara's crew came on-site to the hotel and pampered me and my girls. It was so convenient and they did an amazing job. Everyone looked and felt beautiful!

Amazing work!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Tamara did my makeup for my wedding on April 24th and she did a awesome job not only on mine but my bridal party as well. The makeup lasted all night and the pictures turned out wonderful. The night of my trial I was very indecisive about what to do and Tamara was very patient... Read More with me and helped me decide what makeup look I really wanted and I truly appreciated that. Lindsey did an excellent job on my hair and even though I wore my hair down in curls, the curls didn't budge at all and neither did my headpiece which I ended up keeping in all night, it was very secure. All my bridal party's hair & makeup was so awesome! I would definitely recommend their services! Thank you for your services!!

Amazing Work!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lyndsey F

I live in Boston and had my 10/3/2015 wedding in Chicago. I am not a big makeup person but do like to wear a decent amount if I am in weddings / my own wedding. After endless hours of my sis-in-law & I searching, we found Tamara. From the start I knew that this was the vendor... Read More that I wanted to make me look my best on my wedding day. I had my bridal trail with Tamara for my wedding shower and we first tried airbrush – her work is unbelievable! For anyone who has not had airbrush before – it is great, but not for everyone, myself included. Tamara knew that I wasn’t in love and helped me take off the airbrush and start from scratch with traditional makeup. She didn’t once complain that all her hard work literally got taken off in 30 seconds, but rather said “its not for everyone, we keep trying until you feel stunning”. With fresh new makeup I felt amazing for my shower and knew I was getting an honest opinion. For my wedding day I had Jolisa - I don’t have enough words to compliment her. She did makeup for myself, 5 bridemaids and my mom AND was done ahead of schedule. The weather in Chicago was 53, windy and cold and not one of us had to do any retouching of makeup other than lips. Her work is SO amazing. I felt so myself and gorgeous on my wedding day thanks to Jolisa. Everyone that see’s pictures has nothing but great reviews for how unreal our makeup looked and we definitely have Jolisa and Tamara to thank for that. 100% choose to work with this company, you will NOT be let down!

Hire them now!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Dani C

I can not say enough positive things about this company!! I hired Tamara and Lindsey to my bridal hair and makeup and could not have been any happier with the end results. I was blown away by their work!!! My hair and make up was even better than I had envisioned. They also... Read More did the hair and makeup for five members of my bridal party (mother, mother-in-law and bridesmaids). Every single girl loved their hair/makeup and all looked absolutely stunning in photographs. I would recommend Tamara Makeup and Hair to any bride!

Pick them - AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Jessica H

Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry went above and beyond my expectations! My girls were SOO cool and fun and I actually enjoyed having them around on my wedding day! Not only were they adorable, but they were AMAZING at what they do! They did exactly what I wanted and they actually... Read More care, they wanted to see any pictures of what I wanted and made sure I was happy! All of my bridesmaids looked GORGEOUS, like models! They were all so happy with there hair and makeup and I know how sometimes people can be picky about that, but they were able to accommodate each personality! Some wanted full makeup and others wanted natural! They can do it all! I normally feel like I need to touch up my makeup, but my makeup on my wedding day was flawless from the morning until 3am...I never once had to touch it up!! and I actually still had it on and perfect the next morning for our brunch(oops I didn't wash my face). My hair was flawless and it stayed the entire night too! I showed Jodi all these pictures and she just cared and took her time and made me feel like a princess. I cannot say enough good things about this company. If you choose them you will not be disappointed! Also I didn't include how much I paid because I can't remember, but I know it was SUPER reasonable and I priced out a lot of different companies and they were the best, for the talent!! Hair: Jodi Makeup: Christina and an extra girl came and I cannot think of her name and I feel so bad but she was phenomenal as well!

August Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Elise M

We worked with Darby for Make up and Sabrina for Hair and could not have been more happy with the experience and more importantly the end result! At the trial, I wasn't sure about exactly what I wanted for make up and the first go around was just not me - Darby wiped it off and... Read More re did it and it looked amazing. After my trial a stranger stopped me to ask where I got it done to recommend services to her sister getting married! I took that as confirmation that I was using the right team. On the day of we had so much fun with Darby and Sabrina! It is clear that they know what they are doing - they worked efficiently and got through 6 bridesmaids and my mom with plenty of time to spend on me. I got so many compliments on how my hair and make up looked at my wedding. It was a natural prettier version of myself. My Bridesmaids and Mom all looked amazing too! You won't regret it if you book Darby and Sabrina for your wedding. *Cost noted is hair and make up for bride including airbrush (I didn't use and lashes)

Tamara Makeup & Hair Was EXCEPTIONAL!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Nicole K

I hired Tamara Hair and Makeup for my wedding on August 7, 2015. I learned of TH&M after my sister used them for her wedding back in 2010. They were FANTASTIC so I knew when it was my turn, that would be the first vendor I would lock in. I hired Tamara for makeup and Jody for... Read More hair. I live out of state and they were more than accommodating in scheduling my trial at a date and time that worked for me. One piece of advice that I learned however is to book your trial closer to your wedding date. I made the mistake of booking further out and changing my mind on what I wanted before the wedding day. Nonetheless, Tamara and Jody were great in accommodating my changes. On the day of, we had two mothers, six bridesmaids and myself (the bride) get both hair and makeup done. I can 100% say that everyone was please and looked FABULOUS! I cannot recommend Tamara and her team more and I'm looking forward to when my younger sister gets married and I can get my hair and makeup done by them again! :)

BEST hair and make up artist!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Kelly M

I recently got married and had Darbie do my makeup and Sabrina do my hair. They both are amazing. They both are so professional and have so much talent. I loved how I looked for my trial that I paid for my bridesmaids and mom to get their make up done also. They all looked... Read More flawless. Our make up lasted ALL night. The morning of went so smooth because they knew exactly what they were doing and made sure all of us looked our best. If you want to look and feel your best on the best day of your life have Darbie and Sabrina do your hair and make up! They did exactly what I wanted but better. I wanted to look myself, but natural. Darbie knew how to enhance natural beauty and make me feel like the most beautiful bride!

Hire them now!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Tessi N

I had the pleasure of working with Tamara and Lindsey and team as a bridesmaid twice and knew I'd hire them for my own wedding. I did a unique fauhawk look for my wedding and Lindsey completely nailed it! I loved it at the trial and loved it even more on my wedding day!... Read More Tamara was amazing with my makeup. I looked like the best version of me and could not have been happier. 15 women got their makeup and hair done, too, on my wedding day and truly were all over the moon with their looks. I had some of the most picky bridesmaids but everyone could not stop smiling and snapping photos of themselves because they were so happy! Being an event planner myself, I stress the importance of timelines - Tamara and her team always stay on schedule or ahead! Without a doubt! I really believe every bride should use Tamara, Lindsey and team!

Smokey Eyes Dream Queen

Reviewed on 9/07/2015

For our wedding, we hired owner Tamara for make-up and Lindsay for hair. Prior to my wedding day I traveled to Tamara's studio for a trial. I apply my own makeup daily for my job. Because of this, I have a certain color and application techniques that I like. Tamara worked... Read More with me on my look to make it something I was comfortable with. On the wedding day, Lindsay and Tamara made my bridal party look so incredibly stunning. Tamara also applied my mother's makeup and paid attention to her concerns. Tamara stuck around to pose for touch up photos with me, for our photographer. Time was not an issue. The ladies stuck around as long as we needed them. I loved that we were not rushed. My only regret is not being able to have Tamara provide a touch-up before the ceremony. The beauty team wrapped up 7 hours before the ceremony. Following our hair and makeup session, we spent time in the sun and heat taking photos around the city. The price for a touch up was not in my budget.

Saved the best time for last!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Lauren K

So I had my makeup/hair done by Tamra and Jody 3 previous times for other weddings I was in and as a bridesmaid I absolutely loved their work. So when the time came there was no doubt I was using them! Tamra and Jody were fun to work with, easy to contact and made me look... Read More gorgeous for the big day! They kept us right on schedule and everyone looked beautiful in the wedding party. I couldn't say enough good things about them, I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Melissa

Tamara Makeup + Hair is absolutely amazing! They do beautiful work and listen to all your needs and concerns. Jessica and Lauren worked with myself, my bridesmaids, mom, aunt, and mother-in-law for our hair and makeup for my wedding day. Jessica did our hair and Lauren did our... Read More makeup. I couldn't have asked for 2 better people to work with! They were professional, yet super fun! Tamara Makeup + Hair is the best in the business in my opinion. I looked at many different options, but as soon as I saw their work I knew I had to have them! I would refer them to anyone!

Bridal Make Up

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Janessa B

I used Tamara for my make up for my wedding day and she was great. She is very nice, very easy going and a pro! I loved my make up and so did all my bridesmaids who got theirs done too. She even gives you a lip gloss so you have for touch ups! I would recommend her and her team... Read More again! My make up stayed all day and I didn't have to touch it up at all. I even cried a little and it stayed perfect. She's great!

BEST hair and makeup in IL!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

When I write this review, I truly mean this was the BEST hair and makeup I have ever experienced! I am a customer service manager for a corporation and customer service is HUGE to me. They deserve every star I can give them! I went to another local company and had a "preview"... Read More they called it, it looked awful. I found Tamara's company through a friends Facebook and reached out right away. They responded right away and then I got set up for a trial (there studio is my dream room)! I LOVED Tamara and Sabrina!!! They were SO much fun I felt like I wanted to invite them to the wedding! They accomplished my vision and more! My favorite was my makeup (I'm a makeup girl so I had high expectations). Tamara did a gold and brown eye (it looked amazing!) and she airbrushed me. Tamara does have an extra deposit fee (which I will admit I was hesitant to go with) BUT it is worth every cent! What I loved is how honest she was, she definitely has knowledge of her art. Sabrina did a half up half down look that was beautiful. What I liked is that in the trial I felt the curls were to tight, I mentioned it in an email to them and I did not even have to remind Sabrina. When the day of came Sabrina changed it and made them looser and she triple checked that they were perfect. 9 ladies in all and done early! My photos just came back and inspired me to write how amazing they were without them my pictures would not have turned out so amazing! Thank you again ladies!

Look no Further!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Sabrina L

I had Tamara and Jody do my makeup and hair on my wedding day (Jun/2015) and I couldn't have chosen better. They were both amazing and made me and my bridesmaids feel very comfortable. They are super easy-going and just go with the flow. My party was very chatty and they... Read More blended right in. They arrived on time and the schedule went as planned, so everyone was done on time. Their experience and professionalism made the day go very smoothly and their job was amazing. I received lots of compliments and they made me feel even more special. I would recommend them knowing that you’ll love their work, no matter what look you’re going for.

Great Work

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Catalina B

Tamara normally works with clients that need hair & makeup, but I only needed make so she made an exception. Communication at the beginning to get a hold of her was difficult but I was persistent since I knew of their great work. The trial is done at her house, which is a bit... Read More out of the way, but the believe me when I say EVERYTHING IS SO WORTH IT. I had several ethnicities in my bridal party and Lauren did SUCH AN amazing job with everyone that I was amazed. Thank You for making us feel the prettiest that day!!

Loved Lauren & Sabrina at Tamara makeup

Reviewed on 2/08/2015 Elizabeth M

Sabrina and Lauren did an incredible job on everyone's hair and makeup. They were professional, talented, and made me feel very comfortable when helped me figure out the perfect look for my wedding. The day of my wedding, I actually had a few members of my bridal party who... Read More hadn't planned on getting hair or makeup done, but when they saw how beautiful of a job both Lauren and Sabrina did, they changed their minds and the girls were so sweet to fit them into their schedule. I would highly recommend Tamara makeup to any bride, bridesmaids, mothers, or grandmothers. All of my friends and family looked especially gorgeous!

Great experience but pricey!

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Vanessa

I had Jody for hair and Darby for makeup. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The trial was at someone's house which was odd but it was very professional. They took pictures to make sure my hair and makeup was the same on my wedding day and made any adjustments... Read More I requested. Mine only complaint is that you had to have a minimum of 4 girls to get services which was pretty pricey since I was paying for everyone. But I understand the minimum, you need to make it worth their while to travel onsite. They were prompt (they were there at 7 am) and they made sure to follow up in advance. Everyone's hair and makeup turned out great!

Wedding Hair Do

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

Sabrina was awesome! She was so patient and helpful when I didn't know what style I really wanted for my wedding. It was worth every penny having her do our hair at home for the wedding day. She was fast and professional, and everyone's hair looked awesome. She did a... Read More fantastic job. Tamara was so friendly when she help me set everything up. They really know what they are doing and you don't have to worry about a thing. Great company, I've told all my friends about them!

Hair and Make-up

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Samantha K

My wedding was 4/12/14 and I was very happy with my hair and make-up. I was a little indecisive and completely changed the look I was going for after my trial. I actually gave Tamara different inspirational photos the morning of my wedding, and she was able to change my look... Read More then. I was very happy with the final results. I definitely recommend Tamara and her team and would hire them again in a heartbeat if needing my hair and make-up done again for another occasion.

Oct 17th wedding makeup

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Kristen B

I heard of Tamara makeup through a friends wedding in July and the service was great for the bridal party!! Darbie did my airbrush makeup and it was flawless all day & night. She really made my blue eyes pop and match my dress. I received so many compliments. At that time I was... Read More also on the hunt for a makeup artist for my own fall wedding, as I was having issues with the current trials I had..I knew I wanted Darbie due to her fabulous personality and talent. Her and Tamara were quick to help me out and fit me in on shorter notice then they prefer. Darbie also had another commitment on the day of my wedding, but still promised to do my makeup. We then had Lauren come to do the bridesmaids and she was just as great, so Darbie could head out. All the ladies I have met with this company are extremely talented, professional, on time and extremely nice. I highly recommend Darbie personally and wish I could use her for more than just weddings! Thanks ladies!