Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry

Serving Chicago-land area.

Tamara & her team have many years of professional experience,working on countless numbers of weddings, print work, fashion shows, photo shoots, and more. Be sure to check out their website and reviews! Tamara & team will help make your wedding day unforgettable, from the trial to the big day!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Oak Brook, IL
Serving Chicago-land area.

Hands down the best hair and make-up team in Chicago!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Shannon G

Let me start off by saying that not only am I an EXTREMELY particular person with my hair and make-up, but I am also a wedding planner in Chicago and was adamant to assemble the very best team when it came to my own wedding. I had the pleasure of working with Tami and... Read More Melanie who I now only refer to as the "dream team" because what they did with myself, my family, and my bridal party was nothing short of magic. There is no comparison to feeling beautiful and confident on your wedding day, and watching my sister, Mom, and Grandma feel the same way was truly special! I have NEVER loved my hair and make-up more. I walked in to the trial with a couple photos of what I was looking for, and the dream team went to work. I fully expected to have a few tweaks here and there as I rarely ever like my hair and make-up, but when they turned me around all I could do was stare. It was perfection from their very first try, and even better on the wedding day. All I can say is book them before someone else does!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Aiza

First off..these girls are the best! They got my bridal party and other family members ready 2 hours before we had to leave! We all looked beautiful. I worked with Tamara and Jodi for both my trial and day of hair and make up. The trial was so much fun and we were all... Read More laughing the whole time and my hair and make up looked amazing. The day of they arrived on time...which was at 6am for 12 people. We anticipated being done by noon...we got done 2 hours early which gave us more time to do other things. It was hot that day and we were taking pictures outside and our make up stayed on ALL day/night and our hair looked great even after all the dancing. We didn't even have to retouch..except for lipstick. =) Overall, these girls are amazing and do an awesome job. I would recommend them over and over again.

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Katie P

I don't even know where to begin with this - there are just TOO MANY good things to say about Tamara and her team- I had originally made an appointment with a salon in Naperville for my September 21st wedding - and my hair and makeup trial was a month before that .. and a... Read More COMPLETE disaster - I was in a panic and was absolutely screwed ( or so I thought). I started firing off emails to see if there was anything still available one month out.. I emailed Tamara Makeup ( they were actually my first choice, but since it was her 5 year wedding anniversary that day- they had originally said no, THANKFULLY between the first email and my disastrous trial- she had decided to take on another wedding. ) I think she sensed my panic and urgency and they worked their schedules to fit us in. The hair and makeup trial went perfectly.. Tamara did my makeup and Jody did the hair - they are absolute perfectionists and work amazing together. It was a HUGE relief to leave that trial, I was 100% confident with my choice. The trials are held at Tamara's home, which is absolutely gorgeous .. there is a whole room set up as a salon ( DREAM ROOM) its amazing- They are a traveling team so no reason for an actual 'salon' - it's perfect. The day of the wedding we had a Jody doing hair with Cristina helping her - we had a tight time frame and they cranked out 9 hairstyles and makeup applications within 3 1/2 hrs! What a dream team ! Mary did the makeup for all the bridesmaids and moms and Tamara actually came in to do me and my sisters makeup so she could make sure everyone was taken care of in within our time frame. They are SUCH a fun group of girls - and I cannot say enough good things about them. Whenever anyone asks what my favorite part about the wedding was - hair and makeup was absolutely at the top!

Bridal Make Up

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Janessa B

I used Tamara for my make up for my wedding day and she was great. She is very nice, very easy going and a pro! I loved my make up and so did all my bridesmaids who got theirs done too. She even gives you a lip gloss so you have for touch ups! I would recommend her and her team... Read More again! My make up stayed all day and I didn't have to touch it up at all. I even cried a little and it stayed perfect. She's great!

BEST hair and makeup in IL!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

When I write this review, I truly mean this was the BEST hair and makeup I have ever experienced! I am a customer service manager for a corporation and customer service is HUGE to me. They deserve every star I can give them! I went to another local company and had a "preview"... Read More they called it, it looked awful. I found Tamara's company through a friends Facebook and reached out right away. They responded right away and then I got set up for a trial (there studio is my dream room)! I LOVED Tamara and Sabrina!!! They were SO much fun I felt like I wanted to invite them to the wedding! They accomplished my vision and more! My favorite was my makeup (I'm a makeup girl so I had high expectations). Tamara did a gold and brown eye (it looked amazing!) and she airbrushed me. Tamara does have an extra deposit fee (which I will admit I was hesitant to go with) BUT it is worth every cent! What I loved is how honest she was, she definitely has knowledge of her art. Sabrina did a half up half down look that was beautiful. What I liked is that in the trial I felt the curls were to tight, I mentioned it in an email to them and I did not even have to remind Sabrina. When the day of came Sabrina changed it and made them looser and she triple checked that they were perfect. 9 ladies in all and done early! My photos just came back and inspired me to write how amazing they were without them my pictures would not have turned out so amazing! Thank you again ladies!

Look no Further!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Sabrina L

I had Tamara and Jody do my makeup and hair on my wedding day (Jun/2015) and I couldn't have chosen better. They were both amazing and made me and my bridesmaids feel very comfortable. They are super easy-going and just go with the flow. My party was very chatty and they... Read More blended right in. They arrived on time and the schedule went as planned, so everyone was done on time. Their experience and professionalism made the day go very smoothly and their job was amazing. I received lots of compliments and they made me feel even more special. I would recommend them knowing that you’ll love their work, no matter what look you’re going for.

Great Work

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Catalina B

Tamara normally works with clients that need hair & makeup, but I only needed make so she made an exception. Communication at the beginning to get a hold of her was difficult but I was persistent since I knew of their great work. The trial is done at her house, which is a bit... Read More out of the way, but the believe me when I say EVERYTHING IS SO WORTH IT. I had several ethnicities in my bridal party and Lauren did SUCH AN amazing job with everyone that I was amazed. Thank You for making us feel the prettiest that day!!

Loved Lauren & Sabrina at Tamara makeup

Reviewed on 2/08/2015 Elizabeth M

Sabrina and Lauren did an incredible job on everyone's hair and makeup. They were professional, talented, and made me feel very comfortable when helped me figure out the perfect look for my wedding. The day of my wedding, I actually had a few members of my bridal party who... Read More hadn't planned on getting hair or makeup done, but when they saw how beautiful of a job both Lauren and Sabrina did, they changed their minds and the girls were so sweet to fit them into their schedule. I would highly recommend Tamara makeup to any bride, bridesmaids, mothers, or grandmothers. All of my friends and family looked especially gorgeous!

Great experience but pricey!

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Vanessa

I had Jody for hair and Darby for makeup. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The trial was at someone's house which was odd but it was very professional. They took pictures to make sure my hair and makeup was the same on my wedding day and made any adjustments... Read More I requested. Mine only complaint is that you had to have a minimum of 4 girls to get services which was pretty pricey since I was paying for everyone. But I understand the minimum, you need to make it worth their while to travel onsite. They were prompt (they were there at 7 am) and they made sure to follow up in advance. Everyone's hair and makeup turned out great!

Wedding Hair Do

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

Sabrina was awesome! She was so patient and helpful when I didn't know what style I really wanted for my wedding. It was worth every penny having her do our hair at home for the wedding day. She was fast and professional, and everyone's hair looked awesome. She did a... Read More fantastic job. Tamara was so friendly when she help me set everything up. They really know what they are doing and you don't have to worry about a thing. Great company, I've told all my friends about them!

Hair and Make-up

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Samantha K

My wedding was 4/12/14 and I was very happy with my hair and make-up. I was a little indecisive and completely changed the look I was going for after my trial. I actually gave Tamara different inspirational photos the morning of my wedding, and she was able to change my look... Read More then. I was very happy with the final results. I definitely recommend Tamara and her team and would hire them again in a heartbeat if needing my hair and make-up done again for another occasion.

Oct 17th wedding makeup

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Kristen B

I heard of Tamara makeup through a friends wedding in July and the service was great for the bridal party!! Darbie did my airbrush makeup and it was flawless all day & night. She really made my blue eyes pop and match my dress. I received so many compliments. At that time I was... Read More also on the hunt for a makeup artist for my own fall wedding, as I was having issues with the current trials I had..I knew I wanted Darbie due to her fabulous personality and talent. Her and Tamara were quick to help me out and fit me in on shorter notice then they prefer. Darbie also had another commitment on the day of my wedding, but still promised to do my makeup. We then had Lauren come to do the bridesmaids and she was just as great, so Darbie could head out. All the ladies I have met with this company are extremely talented, professional, on time and extremely nice. I highly recommend Darbie personally and wish I could use her for more than just weddings! Thanks ladies!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Tiffany S

You cannot go wrong with the team of Tamara hair & makeup artistry.They did an amazing job on myself and the rest of my bridal party. They do really flawless hair and makeup and they work so fast its crazy. Everyone was done and ready to go ahead of schedule, which was great... Read More cause it allowed us to get in some relaxing moments and more shots with the photographer. Every girls hair was different and each looked amazing! I have never been so happy with my hair and makeup.... I wish i could have them in my corner everyday haha

The Best Hair/Makeup Team!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Danielle N

Tamara (Makeup) and Melanie (Hair) + their two assistants did a fantastic job at my wedding. I love how everything turned out, and all the bridesmaids could not stop raving about how beautiful they looked and felt. The makeup and hair lasted all evening - despite hours of... Read More dancing, happy tears, and partying! Things looked great in person, as well as in photos. If you're looking for a bold, glamorous, hair/makeup look then Tamara is where it's at!!!

Exceptional service!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Claire W

Sabrina and Jolisa from Tamara Make-up and Hair Artistry did hair and make-up for my six bridesmaids, my mom, and I on my wedding day. Not only were they clearly professionals of their crafts, but they were so much fun to visit with while we had our services. When my bridesmaids... Read More came to Sabrina with a picture of what they thought they would like done with their hair, she was seamlessly able to transform their vision into a reality. All of us were going for a natural yet elegant look for our make-up, and Jolisa was able to give each of us a flawless look without appearing over-done. Each one of us was beyond thrilled with our final look for the big day! They made us feel beautiful. We cannot thank Tamara Make-up and Hair Artistry enough, especially the hard work of Sabrina and Jolisa. It is no wonder that the company has received the recognition that it has for several years running. It is well deserved!

SO HAPPY we went with Tamera Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Megan G

I was 100% satisfied from start to finish with this company. Tamera was well organized, an excellent communicator (which i really appreciated in the planning process), and most importantly, all the artists did an amazing job! there was a snowstorm on my wedding day and all... Read More artists showed up on time and with a smile. i LOVED my hair and makeup as well as the hair/makeup of my bridesmaids, my mom, aunts, and my grandmother. These ladies are very good at what they do and are reasonably priced for the quality of their work. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Kelly B

I will never get over the perfection that Christina and Jodi, the hair and makeup artists for my wedding day, were able to deliver! While I knew that Tamara and her team were the best (booking them after being a bridesmaid in another wedding that hired them) I never expected to... Read More be so elated with my hair and makeup for my own wedding day. Any doubts or questions that I had after my trial, they addressed and executed flawlessly on the day of. Being someone who is a bit shy when it comes to professional hair and makeup, they reassured me every step of the way, and were completely responsible for the way I felt that day - nothing short of amazing! In addition, all 7 bridesmaids and the two mothers looked their absolute best, each one of them had the same care and attention that I received, and I was thrilled to see how happy they were. Somehow, not only did everyone look incredible, Jodi and Tina managed to make us look like ourselves - not overdone, and not unrecognizable. I am reminded of this every time I look at our pictures and am met with 10 beautiful, comfortable, and flawless faces! Tamara and her team are able to bring any vision to reality, their skill and professionalism are unmatched! I adored working with them, and cannot recommend them enough. You would be doing yourself a disservice not to book them for your wedding day!

Look no Further

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Theresa K

If you don't use Tamara for your wedding, you are making a huge mistake! Their customer service is out of this world. They are so friendly, outgoing, and really damn good at what they do. My friend used them first, and I was obsessed with everyone's look. Almost every wedding... Read More I've been in, half of the girls hate their hair. Tamara's staff did 13 girls' hair for my wedding, and every single one was obsessed. They take pictures at your trial and do exactly what you ask. The bridesmaids who brought pictures flashed them to the stylists for 2 seconds and they all looked exactly like the pictures. I highly recommend Tamara, and I've been in a LOT of weddings.

They'll make your bridal party even more beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Aubree H

I absolutely loved Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. The girls who did my hair and makeup (Lindsay and Cristina) were excellent. When I went in for my trial, I realized that what I thought I wanted was much too dramatic. We revised the look the day of the wedding and both hair and... Read More makeup turned out even better than I imagined. My mom, mother-in-law and bridesmaids all looked beyond beautiful. I’ve been in bridal parties where everyone’s make-up looks the same, but Cristina brought out every girl’s beauty individually. Lindsay had great suggestions for hair and was able to replicate the looks from all of the pictures that some of the girls showed her. I would definitely recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry.

Awesome Services!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Marissa B

Tamara is the owner of the company and she has different makeup and hair artists that she will assign to you. The first makeup artist assigned to me was not too satisfactory and so Tamara was nice enough to assign me to a different make up artist who can get me the exact look I... Read More am looking for. Darbie is really professional and very artistic and she definitely know how to make you the most beautiful bride without over doing it. My hair artist is Melanie and she is the senior hair artist in this company. She did a phenomenal job! She will do whatever hairstyle you would like and she can do it exactly the way you want it. Very neat and flawless. I love these 2 girls and I definitely recommend asking for this 2 artists when you pick Tamara for your wedding makeup.

They made us look awesome!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Carey H

Tamara Hair and Makeup worked out perfectly for our wedding! The hair and makeup trial were quick and easy, both the hair and makeup artists were fabulous! With just a few pictures they were both able to capture the exact look I was hoping for. On the day of our wedding, they... Read More came to us at a hotel downtown and I was amazed at how they were able to stick to the schedule (were actually done a little early). They were able to give each of the girls the look they requested. Everyone looked gorgeous and because of their hard work our pictures turned out amazing! I’ve never considered myself a very photogenic person, but they made me look so beautiful and the confidence came through in to the camera! They were professional, friendly and fun and the whole experience was great. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Tiffany T

They were amazing! My bridesmaids loved everything about them. They were so easy to talk to and were very understanding to each of our requests. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Molly K

Tamara Makeup and Hair is an AMAZING team to work with from start to finish. I have nothing but great things to say about these ladies. My bridal party, some family members and I had Cristina & Jody to do our hair and makeup. The trial ran smoothly and the wedding day even... Read More better yet! We had 10 girls get both hair and makeup done and everyone was SO impressed with how they turned out. Both Cristina and Jody really listened to what each girl wanted and made everyone look STUNNING. I would definitely recommend booking them asap as they do fill up quickly. They are the best in the Chicago land area hands down!!!

Very Happy!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Jennifer N

The makeup was flawless. I did spray makeup and it stayed fresh all day and night. I did a practice hair and makeup, but the day of the wedding changed my mind and went with a completely different unplanned hairdo. The hairstylist rolled with it and gave me the best looking... Read More wedding hair I have ever seen. I got told several times that I looked like I should be in a magazine. They did a wonderful job. I felt beautiful!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2014 Sarah H

I can not say enough amazing things about these ladies! Tamara's make-up is flawless and Melanie's ability to ANYTHING with hair is incredible! They were so sweet and so good at what they do! I felt like they really listened to what I wanted and were so accommodating! With a... Read More total of 9 people getting services (at least 6 received both hair and make up), they were able to get us all looking AMAZING on time. We all looked and felt so beautiful!!!!! I can go on for days on how much I loved working with these ladies and how happy I was with their work. It really made an amazing day PERFECT!!!!! I received so many compliments from our guests and even other vendors on how beautiful we all looked! These ladies took a vision and made it reality!!! Thank you making all 9 of us feel like the prettiest of princesses! Please, if you want to look better than your best, hire these ladies!

TO Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry