Tamara & her team have many years of professional experience,working on countless numbers of weddings, print work, billboards, photo shoots, and more. We offer many different packages for hair & makeup! Tamara will help make your wedding day unforgettable, from the trial to the big day!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

BEST hair and makeup in IL!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015

When I write this review, I truly mean this was the BEST hair and makeup I have every experienced! I am a customer service manager for a corporation and customer service is HUGE to me. They deserve every star I can give them! I went to another local company and had a "preview"... Read More they called it, it looked awful. I found Tamara's company through a friends Facebook and reached out right away. They responded right away and then I got set up for a trial (there studio is my dream room)! I LOVED Tamara and Sabrina!!! They were SO much fun I felt like I wanted to invite them to the wedding! They accomplished my vision and more! My favorite was my makeup (I'm a makeup girl so I had high expectations). Tamara did a gold and brown eye (it looked amazing!) and she airbrushed me. Tamara does have an extra deposit fee (which I will admit I was hesitant to go with) BUT it is worth every cent! What I loved is how honest she was, she definitely has knowledge of her art. Sabrina did a half up half down look that was beautiful. What I liked is that in the trial I felt the curls were to tight, I mentioned it in an email to them and I did not even have to remind Sabrina. When the day of came Sabrina changed it and made them looser and she triple checked that they were perfect. 9 ladies in all and done early! My photos just came back and inspired me to write how amazing they were without them my pictures would not have turned out so amazing! Thank you again ladies!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

It is every bride's goal to look flawless on their wedding day. When looking through Tamara's portfolio on their website, all of the brides looked like models, to the point where I was almost skeptical - did they use photoshop or are these women actual models? Regardless, I... Read More booked Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry immediately because there is no doubt I wanted to look like that on my wedding day. I am a very emotional person (I cry when I'm happy, cry when I laugh, cry when im sad), I have oily skin, frizzy hair (I know, I am making myself sound really attractive), and I planned to dance the entire night of our wedding. All which had me concerned about my makeup fading/smudging and hair frizzing/curls falling by the end of the night. Fast forward to the wedding day, I am not joking when I say every single person I talked to complimented my makeup and hair. Not only at the beginning of the day but even after all of the photos, crying, laughing, heat, wind, and lots of dancing - I literally looked the same throughout the entire day and I felt so beautiful. They are miracle workers! I also highly recommend the airbrushing. Make sure to book them ASAP without any hesitation!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Erin L

I would absolutely recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. I booked Jody (hair) and Christina (makeup), and both girls exceeded my expectations- not only because of their talents, but also because of their personalities. I'm very simple when it comes to hair and make-up,... Read More and prefer the more natural look. For my wedding day look, I wanted to stay true to myself but also feel more "glam" than usual. I told this to Jody and Christina, and they totally understood/worked with the instruction. Jody worked wonders because I have very thin hair. She made my hair look SO FULL/voluminous- I LOVED IT. She really listened to any critiques I had to make sure my hair ended up exactly how I wanted. Jody was also extremely patient. A couple of my bridesmaids were either indecisive or picky, and she worked really well with them to make sure they were happy with the end result. Christina was just as great as Jody. I LOVED my wedding makeup. She did a great job at respecting my wishes to remain natural, and really took her time to make sure I looked perfect. Both Jody and Christina showed up on time the day of the wedding, and had more than enough time to complete all the hair/makeup appts. I never felt overwhelmed/rushed with time- which was so great. They also offered tips prior to the wedding day to prevent the hairspray or makeup from ruining the floors/furniture. Overall, working with Jody and Christina from Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry was such a great experience. I would without a doubt recommend them to any bride!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Kim B

Lauren did my hair and my bridesmaids' hair, and she did a spectacular job. She made all of us feel beautiful and our hair was done so well. She was also just such a pleasure to have around on the big day. I highly recommend this team!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

I give Tamara and her team 5 stars! They were so amazing and made my sisters special day perfect. She and every one of the girls looked gorgeous!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

I feel like Tamara and her team did an amazing job getting me ready for my engagement! I had Tamara do my make up and Lindsey did my hair. Both of them were so helpful and knew exactly what look I was going for. I am hoping to book them for my wedding next year!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Kathryn A

I cannot recommend Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry enough! I had the pleasure of working with Jenine for hair and Megan for makeup and they both made me feel like a million bucks! My bridal party also raved about their wedding day looks. In fact, my matron of honor said she... Read More thought she looked better at my wedding than she did at her own! Talk about high praise! During my trial, both Jenine and Megan were very patient and asked a lot of questions to ensure I felt completely comfortable with my bridal look. I knew I was in capable hands as soon as I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I still looked like myself - just a more polished version. Your wedding day is a rare opportunity to go all-out and pamper yourself from head to toe, so why not work with the best of the best? If you choose to work with Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry, you're choosing to work with true professionals who know how to make you look flawless. Your wedding photos are one of the only tangible reminders you have of your wedding day, so it's important to look and feel your very best. Your beauty will really shine through if you have the pleasure of working with Tamara and her wonderful team. I would recommend these talented hair and makeup artists without hesitation.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Zana L

I got married last Saturday (June 11th), and Lauren/Melanie did our makeup/hair. They were absolutely amazing to work with. We had 9 women that needed hair/make-up, and they completed each person ahead of schedule! Despite the house being full of people, and a lot going on,... Read More they were both extremely professional and understanding of everything. I truly appreciate their kindness, and their willingness to be patient with me and the rest of the bridal party. All day/night we received complements and the hair/makeup (especially makeup) stayed put the entire day, even through the crazy humidity that we were experiencing. Thank you once again, it was a pleasure to work with all of you!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Amelia Y

The experience with Tamara and her team was exceptional!! 6 years ago my sister used Tamara before the company was established and so it was really amazing to have her back for my wedding! The week before my wedding I was informed that my makeup artist was not able to make it... Read More to do my makeup for the wedding due to personal reason but Tamara handled it flawlessly! They called well in advance, informed me of the situation and ensured my mind was at ease! They sent another artist and I could not have been more thrilled with how everything turned out. Point of the story is that even if there are issues, Tamara and the girls will not only handle it professionally but also that whatever is thrown their way, they will get the job done and surpass your expectations! Couldn't have had a better experience! Lindsey for hair was amazing! She's done my hair for two weddings and both times killed it! Everyone was very satisfied. Tamara for our makeup... blew me away!! Everyone looked flawless and she's so fun! Darby was the second makeup artist and the girls looked AMAZING! She worked double the amount of girls and everyone was equally beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

I am obsessed with this company! I can't recommend them enough! My experience with Tamara and Jenine was amazing. They are very fun personable ladies. Tamara is very down to earth and just plain good! They were both professional, on time and ran early when finishing my TEN... Read More ladies!!! I paid extra to have Tamara and that was the best decision I could have made. She is amazing!!! All of my bridal party loved her! I put my trust in her, let her work her magic and it came out amazing. Honestly better then I thought I could have looked. Jenine is fab as well! She is a little more quiet but such a nice lady! Overall truly was so impressed and I'm obsessed with them!!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Sarah W

Tamara and Jody did the hair and make up for myself, wedding party, and close family members the day of our wedding. They were great to work with--easy to communicate with, punctual, gave advice/suggestions when asked and truly worked with you to help create my wedding image! I... Read More loved the way that both Tamara and Jody helped me to look and feel not only beautiful but also comfortable for our wedding day!

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Alexandra E

I first saw Tamara Hair & Makeup at a bridal expo and I knew I had to work with them. My experiences with Cristina and Jodi since day one have been incredible. They are too sweet and absolutely amazing at their jobs. Just to put into perspective how good they really were the day... Read More of, my sister in law said her hair and make up was better than for her own wedding and my other bridesmaid called Jodi the hair whisperer. Can't recommend the team enough!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Darby was fantastic. She answered all questions, as we had some folks who were not make-up wearers. Keeping this in mind, the look was natural and everyone loved their customized looks. She made my day very special and I thank her for it!. She is absolutely someone I would... Read More refer over and over again.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Anjonai A

I chose my makeup artist carefully. With so many makeup artist to choose from I desperately wanted to find the best, and I did! Darbie kept intouch w/me, she was on time, wasn't short of any product and most importantly she took her time on each girl. Darbie worked on my makeup... Read More while my hairstylist retouched my hair & videographer recorded. It was of no distraction to her. My makeup lasted all day! I did not want to wash it off. I received so many compliments on my makeup done by Darbie. Her professionalism outstanding and put me at ease on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 3/20/2016

Darbie did a great job on my daughter's makeup for her wedding. I would definitely use her services again!

Reviewed on 3/19/2016 Jessica G

I contacted Tamara on March 2nd for my Sept 3rd Wedding for hair and makeup for 10 women. Tamara herself was in contact with me and had confirmed a hair dresser and makeup artist for my wedding party. I was told she just needed to touch base with the makeup artist as she was on... Read More vacation for the weekend. I had to continue to reach out to Tamara to make sure that the makeup artist was 100% confirmed (as I'm always concerned that vendors are going to disappear on me) and she continued to assure me that she just needed to confirm but that we were in good shape. I had to reach out to her five times to make sure the makeup artist was available, as she stated and each time she assured me. Finally, after being told she would confirm on a Tuesday, I reached out to her three times with no response. Tamara finally responded on Mar 18th saying that the makeup artist was not available and that she would not be able to do my wedding. I lost 2+ weeks in which I could have found another makeup artist because she was continued to tell me that we were in fine shape. I just wish she hadn't mislead me and strung me along.

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Bridget C

I absolutely loved working with Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry! They made myself and my entire bridal party picture perfect for our big day! I was concerned about how many girls we had to get ready and staying within the timeline, but Tamara and her team know their stuff!... Read More Not only did everyone look gorgeous, but we were ready in plenty of time to enjoy ourselves and the morning. There is nothing like being able to get ready in your own house and with a team of people who are so talented. From the first time you meet with them at your trial to the big day, they are professional and sweet! They care as much about your day as you do. My makeup lasted all night, especially with the powder and lip liner Tamara recommended I get for touch-ups throughout the night. My bridesmaid loved them so much that she is using them for her wedding in March and luckily I'm a bridesmaid, so I'll get to see Tamara and her team again! Cannot say enough good things about them; if you're thinking about booking them, stop thinking and just do it!

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Lisa M

First, I am SOOOO lucky that my 3 best friends chose Tamara and her team do to their hair and makeup for their weddings. I was a bridesmaid 3 times where Tamara and her amazing team did my hair and makeup so choosing her for my own wedding was a no brainer! SO pleased with how... Read More everything turned out. I felt the most beautiful version of myself. They can do anything!! I was wanting more of a natural look and Tamara made me look and feel beautiful for my day. All of my bridesmaids looked absolutely fabulous as well :)

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Brooke S

Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry did my hair and makeup for me, bridesmaids, and my mother on June 26, 2015. Tamera was very helpful and answered all of my questions before I booked my trial. She also took the time to find out what I envisioned my hair and makeup would look like... Read More on my wedding day, so that she could determine what artists from her team would be the best fit. I first met Lauren (hair) and Jody (makeup) at my hair and makeup trail and instantly felt like I was in good hands. The girls were such a pleasure to work with and were very relaxing to be around. Lauren and Jody are AMAZING and both did such a wonderful job! I would highly recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry for your special day!!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Corie W

I can't begin to say how happy I am that we chose Tamara's team to do hair and makeup for my wedding day. Christina and Lindsey were so wonderful to work with. They made all of us feel pampered and comfortable and everyone in the wedding party told me that the wedding morning... Read More was the most relaxing and laid back wedding prep experience they have ever been a part of. I made a couple changes to my makeup the day of the wedding and they didn't miss a beat. They helped me look amazing, but most importantly, I felt beautiful. The entire experience was seamless, from the first email, to the moment I put my gown on. I would choose Tamara and her amazing team every time and highly recommend them to Brides looking for hair and makeup for their wedding day!

Bridal hair and makeup by Jenine

Reviewed on 1/13/2016

I had Jenine do my hair and makeup for my wedding day. She is one of the only artists at Tamara that does both. From the time she did my trial run, to when she did my hair and makeup for my boudoir shoot, I absolutely loved my look and felt gorgeous! Their whole company is very... Read More professional and made me feel confident I could entrust them with everything! I got so many compliments on my look on my wedding day. I felt absolutely gorgeous, and my makeup lasted all night! I couldn't have asked for any more! Thanks, Jenine!

I felt like a movie star!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Iwona

This is what I imagine getting your hair and makeup done for the red carpet feels like. Jolisa (makeup) and Sabrina (hair) did a fabulous job. People complemented me all day on how great I looked. Jolisa was able to masterfully hide the extreme redness in my face without making... Read More me look cakey or unatural. Sabrina flawlessly incorporated a floral crown into my wedding hair look. It was perfect and created the soft/romantic feel I was going for! My sisters and mom were also very happy with how they looked. A+++

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Kimberly A

Tamara and Lindsey did a FANTASTIC job on my wedding day. I lost count of how many compliments I received on how amazing everyone in the bridal party looked. I was very worried prior to the wedding that my hair and make-up would not last since the day was such a long day, but... Read More at the end of the night, everything still looked great! The team showed up early and worked very diligently to ensure we were on time. We even finished getting ready EARLY, which is unheard of in weddings in my experience. They took the time before they left to ensure everyone was happy with their final look. THANK YOU Tamara and team for making us look beautiful! I have already recommended them to friends and family for their weddings, and I would to anyone looking. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Bride

Reviewed on 1/06/2016

Tamara makeup did the makeup for my bridal party, my flower girl, my mother and mother in law and of course me (the bride) on my wedding day. I can't begin to tell you how kind and professional they are. I don't think I'll ever get over what an outstanding job they did. A lot... Read More of my wedding party had pictures off Pinterest that they wanted followed for their makeup. Tamara and Christina pointed out that some of the pictures were their work; that won over the girls. Other people, like myself, went to them without an idea of what they wanted and told them to work their magic and I'm so happy I did. My makeup lasted until the next day, not once did any of us have to touch it up. More importantly, on the day of my wedding, I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world. Thank you Tamara and Christina!

Amazing job!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Tara J

Tamara and Jody did an amazing job! They had 11 girls for hair and 10 for makeup and nailed each persons services and very impressively finished early. I did pay extra to have Tamara which was well worth the cost! Her and her team are amazing! My favorite thing is how nice and... Read More funny they are, they work very well together and it really keeps the morning upbeat and takes the stress away. The pictures came out amazing, and my friend who didn't get her makeup done regrets it because of the difference in professional versus how she looks in pictures (my friend is still beautiful but I wish she would have done it as well!) I highly recommend them!!! Thank you ladies!!!