Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry

Oak Brook, IL

Tamara & her team have many years of professional experience,working on countless numbers of weddings, print work, billboards, photo shoots, and more. We offer many different packages for hair & makeup! Tamara will help make your wedding day unforgettable, from the trial to the big day!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

BEST hair and makeup in IL!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015

When I write this review, I truly mean this was the BEST hair and makeup I have every experienced! I am a customer service manager for a corporation and customer service is HUGE to me. They deserve every star I can give them! I went to another local company and had a "preview"... Read More they called it, it looked awful. I found Tamara's company through a friends Facebook and reached out right away. They responded right away and then I got set up for a trial (there studio is my dream room)! I LOVED Tamara and Sabrina!!! They were SO much fun I felt like I wanted to invite them to the wedding! They accomplished my vision and more! My favorite was my makeup (I'm a makeup girl so I had high expectations). Tamara did a gold and brown eye (it looked amazing!) and she airbrushed me. Tamara does have an extra deposit fee (which I will admit I was hesitant to go with) BUT it is worth every cent! What I loved is how honest she was, she definitely has knowledge of her art. Sabrina did a half up half down look that was beautiful. What I liked is that in the trial I felt the curls were to tight, I mentioned it in an email to them and I did not even have to remind Sabrina. When the day of came Sabrina changed it and made them looser and she triple checked that they were perfect. 9 ladies in all and done early! My photos just came back and inspired me to write how amazing they were without them my pictures would not have turned out so amazing! Thank you again ladies!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Erin L

I would absolutely recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. I booked Jody (hair) and Christina (makeup), and both girls exceeded my expectations- not only because of their talents, but also because of their personalities. I'm very simple when it comes to hair and make-up,... Read More and prefer the more natural look. For my wedding day look, I wanted to stay true to myself but also feel more "glam" than usual. I told this to Jody and Christina, and they totally understood/worked with the instruction. Jody worked wonders because I have very thin hair. She made my hair look SO FULL/voluminous- I LOVED IT. She really listened to any critiques I had to make sure my hair ended up exactly how I wanted. Jody was also extremely patient. A couple of my bridesmaids were either indecisive or picky, and she worked really well with them to make sure they were happy with the end result. Christina was just as great as Jody. I LOVED my wedding makeup. She did a great job at respecting my wishes to remain natural, and really took her time to make sure I looked perfect. Both Jody and Christina showed up on time the day of the wedding, and had more than enough time to complete all the hair/makeup appts. I never felt overwhelmed/rushed with time- which was so great. They also offered tips prior to the wedding day to prevent the hairspray or makeup from ruining the floors/furniture. Overall, working with Jody and Christina from Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry was such a great experience. I would without a doubt recommend them to any bride!

The Absolute Best Hair & Makeup in Chicago

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Alyssa P

Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry is absolutely the best! Specifically, Jody and Darbie! They did my hair and makeup for my wedding in November 2015. I was very particular about picking the company to do hair and makeup on the day of my wedding because I not only wanted to look... Read More and feel my best, of course, but I also wanted my bridesmaids, mom, etc. to all look and feel their best as well. After booking Tamara Makeup + Hair, I felt comfortable telling all of my bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law, that they would love their hair and makeup in November. I live in New York and found myself relying heavily on reviews to choose a place. Tamara Hair + Makeup had the best reviews, and when I had my trial, it was easy to see why! Jody and Darbie were great about listening to me and my vision for the wedding. They had done so many weddings, and I really appreciated their expertise. I was also nervous because the particular hairstyle I wanted involved very curly hair, and my hair usually has the hardest time holding a curl. I thought maybe we could "fake it" or do something close to it, but Jody was the BEST and was able to do my hair EXACTLY how I imagined it. My makeup was equally beautiful, and I was absolutely in love with how Darbie did my eyes, especially. Jody and Darbie were meticulous about keeping track of every detail discussed during my trial, and it was exactly the same on my wedding day. Day of, we had a total of ten people getting their hair and makeup done, and we had to be ready by 11:30 AM. Even after Jody redid at least two of the girl's up-dos (until they were perfect!) we were done early! Everyone looked incredibly gorgeous all day, and our pictures turned out amazing! It was an absolutely enjoyable, amazing experience working with Jody and Darbie, and I would highly recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry to every bride!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Brooke S

Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry did my hair and makeup for me, bridesmaids, and my mother on June 26, 2015. Tamera was very helpful and answered all of my questions before I booked my trial. She also took the time to find out what I envisioned my hair and makeup would look like... Read More on my wedding day, so that she could determine what artists from her team would be the best fit. I first met Lauren (hair) and Jody (makeup) at my hair and makeup trail and instantly felt like I was in good hands. The girls were such a pleasure to work with and were very relaxing to be around. Lauren and Jody are AMAZING and both did such a wonderful job! I would highly recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry for your special day!!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Corie W

I can't begin to say how happy I am that we chose Tamara's team to do hair and makeup for my wedding day. Christina and Lindsey were so wonderful to work with. They made all of us feel pampered and comfortable and everyone in the wedding party told me that the wedding morning... Read More was the most relaxing and laid back wedding prep experience they have ever been a part of. I made a couple changes to my makeup the day of the wedding and they didn't miss a beat. They helped me look amazing, but most importantly, I felt beautiful. The entire experience was seamless, from the first email, to the moment I put my gown on. I would choose Tamara and her amazing team every time and highly recommend them to Brides looking for hair and makeup for their wedding day!

Love Tamara and her team!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Bridget C

I absolutely loved working with Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry! They made myself and my entire bridal party picture perfect for our big day! I was concerned about how many girls we had to get ready and staying within the timeline, but Tamara and her team know their stuff!... Read More Not only did everyone look gorgeous, but we were ready in plenty of time to enjoy ourselves and the morning. There is nothing like being able to get ready in your own house and with a team of people who are so talented. From the first time you meet with them at your trial to the big day, they are professional and sweet! They care as much about your day as you do. My makeup lasted all night, especially with the powder and lip liner Tamara recommended I get for touch-ups throughout the night. My bridesmaid loved them so much that she is using them for her wedding in March and luckily I'm a bridesmaid, so I'll get to see Tamara and her team again! Cannot say enough good things about them; if you're thinking about booking them, stop thinking and just do it!

Bridal hair and makeup by Jenine

Reviewed on 1/13/2016

I had Jenine do my hair and makeup for my wedding day. She is one of the only artists at Tamara that does both. From the time she did my trial run, to when she did my hair and makeup for my boudoir shoot, I absolutely loved my look and felt gorgeous! Their whole company is very... Read More professional and made me feel confident I could entrust them with everything! I got so many compliments on my look on my wedding day. I felt absolutely gorgeous, and my makeup lasted all night! I couldn't have asked for any more! Thanks, Jenine!

I felt like a movie star!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Iwona

This is what I imagine getting your hair and makeup done for the red carpet feels like. Jolisa (makeup) and Sabrina (hair) did a fabulous job. People complemented me all day on how great I looked. Jolisa was able to masterfully hide the extreme redness in my face without making... Read More me look cakey or unatural. Sabrina flawlessly incorporated a floral crown into my wedding hair look. It was perfect and created the soft/romantic feel I was going for! My sisters and mom were also very happy with how they looked. A+++

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Kimberly A

Tamara and Lindsey did a FANTASTIC job on my wedding day. I lost count of how many compliments I received on how amazing everyone in the bridal party looked. I was very worried prior to the wedding that my hair and make-up would not last since the day was such a long day, but... Read More at the end of the night, everything still looked great! The team showed up early and worked very diligently to ensure we were on time. We even finished getting ready EARLY, which is unheard of in weddings in my experience. They took the time before they left to ensure everyone was happy with their final look. THANK YOU Tamara and team for making us look beautiful! I have already recommended them to friends and family for their weddings, and I would to anyone looking. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Bride

Reviewed on 1/06/2016

Tamara makeup did the makeup for my bridal party, my flower girl, my mother and mother in law and of course me (the bride) on my wedding day. I can't begin to tell you how kind and professional they are. I don't think I'll ever get over what an outstanding job they did. A lot... Read More of my wedding party had pictures off Pinterest that they wanted followed for their makeup. Tamara and Christina pointed out that some of the pictures were their work; that won over the girls. Other people, like myself, went to them without an idea of what they wanted and told them to work their magic and I'm so happy I did. My makeup lasted until the next day, not once did any of us have to touch it up. More importantly, on the day of my wedding, I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world. Thank you Tamara and Christina!

Amazing job!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Tara J

Tamara and Jody did an amazing job! They had 11 girls for hair and 10 for makeup and nailed each persons services and very impressively finished early. I did pay extra to have Tamara which was well worth the cost! Her and her team are amazing! My favorite thing is how nice and... Read More funny they are, they work very well together and it really keeps the morning upbeat and takes the stress away. The pictures came out amazing, and my friend who didn't get her makeup done regrets it because of the difference in professional versus how she looks in pictures (my friend is still beautiful but I wish she would have done it as well!) I highly recommend them!!! Thank you ladies!!!

Amazing Staff

Reviewed on 1/05/2016

I had the pleasure of working with Cristina and Jenine on my recent wedding for hair and makeup services. All I can say is WOW! They had to start at 6am and showed up on time and ready to work! Not to mention they looked super cute! Definitely professional. (No sweatpants or... Read More messy hair here) :). They took the time to make sure that all of my bridal party loved the services the rendered. The hair and makeup were flawless and lasted all night. Thank you Tamara & Team for the wonderful job you ladies did. Special thanks to Cristina and Jenine! From the pictures I have seen so far, you truly made my day. **Remember Brides, you get what you pay for!** :)

moviestar makeup

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 marina k

I absolutely loved how Jolisa did my makeup! I felt like a star! I am picky and don't always love how other people do my makeup and I was obsessed! She also did all of my bridesmaids makeup and they all loved it! Jolisa was very sweet, she was on time, and super easy to work... Read More with! Thanks!

Best Hair & Makeup, Book Them Now!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Heather H

Tamara and Jody did an amazing job with the hair and makeup for my September 2015 wedding. We had an early start to the day, with 9 bridesmaids and myself they managed to put everyone together on time and everyone looked AMAZING!!! They are incredibly talented and are such a joy... Read More to work with. They really made my wedding hair & makeup experience one that I wont forget.

HAIR WIZARDRY!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 D K

Jody is a hair wizard who can give you and your bridal entourage anything you desire and it will stay all night. She's fast and professional, but even better, she is ridiculously talented. Tamara made me glow all night from beginning to end. You're already beautiful, but... Read More if you're looking for professionals to keep your look perfect all night, I cannot recommend Tamara and Jody more highly.

Perfect Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Jill D

The girls from this company are so sweet and professional. They go above and beyond to make sure every hair and eyelash are perfect. Worth every penny, I would use them in a heartbeat for any special occasion!

Fabulous Team

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Maria H

Tamara and Jody are a dynamic duo that not only work well together, but love what they do and it shows in their work! They did the hair and makeup at my recent wedding, and they quickly understood what each person was looking for (even when they couldn't describe it) and made... Read More us all look better than we could have imagined (without going overboard) Exceptional work that lasted all through the night, even after hours of dancing! THANK YOU for making the morning so memorable and fun. Everyone loved the results.

Love them!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Kelsey L

Jolisa and Jeanine were phenomenal. They made me feel and look beautiful along with my incredible bridal party from my mom to my bridesmaids to the flower girl. They were so helpful and made getting ready a breeze!

Amazing work!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Tamara did my makeup for my wedding on April 24th and she did a awesome job not only on mine but my bridal party as well. The makeup lasted all night and the pictures turned out wonderful. The night of my trial I was very indecisive about what to do and Tamara was very patient... Read More with me and helped me decide what makeup look I really wanted and I truly appreciated that. Lindsey did an excellent job on my hair and even though I wore my hair down in curls, the curls didn't budge at all and neither did my headpiece which I ended up keeping in all night, it was very secure. All my bridal party's hair & makeup was so awesome! I would definitely recommend their services! Thank you for your services!!

Amazing Work!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lyndsey F

I live in Boston and had my 10/3/2015 wedding in Chicago. I am not a big makeup person but do like to wear a decent amount if I am in weddings / my own wedding. After endless hours of my sis-in-law & I searching, we found Tamara. From the start I knew that this was the vendor... Read More that I wanted to make me look my best on my wedding day. I had my bridal trail with Tamara for my wedding shower and we first tried airbrush – her work is unbelievable! For anyone who has not had airbrush before – it is great, but not for everyone, myself included. Tamara knew that I wasn’t in love and helped me take off the airbrush and start from scratch with traditional makeup. She didn’t once complain that all her hard work literally got taken off in 30 seconds, but rather said “its not for everyone, we keep trying until you feel stunning”. With fresh new makeup I felt amazing for my shower and knew I was getting an honest opinion. For my wedding day I had Jolisa - I don’t have enough words to compliment her. She did makeup for myself, 5 bridemaids and my mom AND was done ahead of schedule. The weather in Chicago was 53, windy and cold and not one of us had to do any retouching of makeup other than lips. Her work is SO amazing. I felt so myself and gorgeous on my wedding day thanks to Jolisa. Everyone that see’s pictures has nothing but great reviews for how unreal our makeup looked and we definitely have Jolisa and Tamara to thank for that. 100% choose to work with this company, you will NOT be let down!

Hire them now!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Dani C

I can not say enough positive things about this company!! I hired Tamara and Lindsey to my bridal hair and makeup and could not have been any happier with the end results. I was blown away by their work!!! My hair and make up was even better than I had envisioned. They also... Read More did the hair and makeup for five members of my bridal party (mother, mother-in-law and bridesmaids). Every single girl loved their hair/makeup and all looked absolutely stunning in photographs. I would recommend Tamara Makeup and Hair to any bride!

Pick them - AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Jessica H

Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry went above and beyond my expectations! My girls were SOO cool and fun and I actually enjoyed having them around on my wedding day! Not only were they adorable, but they were AMAZING at what they do! They did exactly what I wanted and they actually... Read More care, they wanted to see any pictures of what I wanted and made sure I was happy! All of my bridesmaids looked GORGEOUS, like models! They were all so happy with there hair and makeup and I know how sometimes people can be picky about that, but they were able to accommodate each personality! Some wanted full makeup and others wanted natural! They can do it all! I normally feel like I need to touch up my makeup, but my makeup on my wedding day was flawless from the morning until 3am...I never once had to touch it up!! and I actually still had it on and perfect the next morning for our brunch(oops I didn't wash my face). My hair was flawless and it stayed the entire night too! I showed Jodi all these pictures and she just cared and took her time and made me feel like a princess. I cannot say enough good things about this company. If you choose them you will not be disappointed! Also I didn't include how much I paid because I can't remember, but I know it was SUPER reasonable and I priced out a lot of different companies and they were the best, for the talent!! Hair: Jodi Makeup: Christina and an extra girl came and I cannot think of her name and I feel so bad but she was phenomenal as well!

August Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Elise M

We worked with Darby for Make up and Sabrina for Hair and could not have been more happy with the experience and more importantly the end result! At the trial, I wasn't sure about exactly what I wanted for make up and the first go around was just not me - Darby wiped it off and... Read More re did it and it looked amazing. After my trial a stranger stopped me to ask where I got it done to recommend services to her sister getting married! I took that as confirmation that I was using the right team. On the day of we had so much fun with Darby and Sabrina! It is clear that they know what they are doing - they worked efficiently and got through 6 bridesmaids and my mom with plenty of time to spend on me. I got so many compliments on how my hair and make up looked at my wedding. It was a natural prettier version of myself. My Bridesmaids and Mom all looked amazing too! You won't regret it if you book Darby and Sabrina for your wedding. *Cost noted is hair and make up for bride including airbrush (I didn't use and lashes)

Tamara Makeup & Hair Was EXCEPTIONAL!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Nicole K

I hired Tamara Hair and Makeup for my wedding on August 7, 2015. I learned of TH&M after my sister used them for her wedding back in 2010. They were FANTASTIC so I knew when it was my turn, that would be the first vendor I would lock in. I hired Tamara for makeup and Jody for... Read More hair. I live out of state and they were more than accommodating in scheduling my trial at a date and time that worked for me. One piece of advice that I learned however is to book your trial closer to your wedding date. I made the mistake of booking further out and changing my mind on what I wanted before the wedding day. Nonetheless, Tamara and Jody were great in accommodating my changes. On the day of, we had two mothers, six bridesmaids and myself (the bride) get both hair and makeup done. I can 100% say that everyone was please and looked FABULOUS! I cannot recommend Tamara and her team more and I'm looking forward to when my younger sister gets married and I can get my hair and makeup done by them again! :)

BEST hair and make up artist!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Kelly M

I recently got married and had Darbie do my makeup and Sabrina do my hair. They both are amazing. They both are so professional and have so much talent. I loved how I looked for my trial that I paid for my bridesmaids and mom to get their make up done also. They all looked... Read More flawless. Our make up lasted ALL night. The morning of went so smooth because they knew exactly what they were doing and made sure all of us looked our best. If you want to look and feel your best on the best day of your life have Darbie and Sabrina do your hair and make up! They did exactly what I wanted but better. I wanted to look myself, but natural. Darbie knew how to enhance natural beauty and make me feel like the most beautiful bride!