Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo

Tampa, FL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Say "I Do" at the Zoo!

Surround yourself with lush vegetation, exotic animals and up to 500 of your closest friends. Our team will help you choose between an indoor or outdoor facility and decide on buffet or plated meals. Exchange vows overlooking our African savanna with giraffes and elephants, or in Ituri Forest, a rustic backdrop with large oaks trees. We will make sure that both the ceremony and reception is an unforgettable experience!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Restaurant, Trees

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

1101 W Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL (813) 935-8552

Reviewed on 3/11/2018 Christine P

Our wedding was in February, with 60 guests. Lowry Park Zoo far exceeded our expectations! Nicole Morrison was easy to work with and handled all of the details with expert care. The food was wonderful and our guest couldn’t stop raving about the animal mingle and giraffe... Read More feeding! I highly recommend having your wedding at Lowry Park Zoo!! A unique experience!

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Becca D

Getting married at the Lowry Park Zoo was the best decision we made! Our wedding guests are still raving about the venue! We worked with Nicole Morrison who was incredibly reliable and accommodating. The food was wonderful and having Nicole there to coordinate everything was... Read More invaluable. The giraffe feedings and exotic animal mingle was everything we could have wished for. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Abbi S

Lowry Park Zoo was the best and easiest decision I made! The staff was so accommodating and flexible for everything that we wanted. They customized the night for us and made everything absolutely perfect. I was so pleased to hear so many wonderful things from my family member... Read More who arrived early to help set up. They glorified the staff that were there to assist with the set up and said that they made everything simple and easy. I also heard so many great things from my guests on how kind accommodating the staff was throughout the night. The venue does not even need a review because it speaks for itself! We used Reilly's Reserve for cockatil hour and Safari Lodge for dinner and dancing. Reilly's Reserve was a beautiful room with an amazing view over the safari. The Safari Lodge was gorgeous and a great space to have plenty of room for a dance floor and seating for all of our guests. The food was absolutley amazing and delicious. The staff did an excellent job on creating the perfect menu for us and our guests agreed! If you want to feel like a princess on your wedding day, I highly suggest having a wedding here!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Kayla K

I had my wedding there in September 2017 and it was GREAT! First of all, it was just days after hurricane Irma hit so I was an insane stress bomb. Trying to finalize everything with my vendors while they were evacuated out of the state was horrible and scary but Nicole and the... Read More rest of the zoo staff helped keep me calm during the whole experience by keeping me updated and staying positive. Everything worked out thankfully. The zoo cleaned up the debris from the storm, the venue had power, and everyone was showing up! It was absolutely beautiful the day of and I got to relax in my bridal suite with champagne and great snacks until the time came to marry my wonderful husband. We took pictures with a wild serval cat and got to feed a sloth (even though he wasn’t hungry at the time). Our guests loved the experience with other exotics during cocktail hour featuring giraffes, a macaw, a snake and a few more. Everything went so smoothly I was amazed. I recommend this venue to anyone but expecially animal lovers like my husband and myself. Great pictures to last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Maranda B

We had our wedding here last week and it was beyond perfect! Nicole made it easy and kept the night flowing on schedule. The animals were perfect and the guests loved it. It was beautiful and they were so very helpful. What also is a big bonus for us is a majority of what we... Read More paid goes to animal conservation. 100% recommend it to anyone thinking about it.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Jon K

Everything was perfect. The zoo personnel took the time to plan a perfect day for the both of us. I highly recommend them for any and all proposal/wedding needs.

Best Place in Tampa to Get Married!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Kimberly H

We had the wedding of our dreams at the zoo and the animal encounter was worth the extra money. The food was excellent and Teri, Reagan and Dawn were fabulous to work with!

Not Flexible at All

Reviewed on 1/11/2014

We wanted a fun wedding that meant something to us. My grandmother had loved giraffes and my fiancé's grandfather had been a zookeeper and has an elephant named after him. One of our first dates had been to the Lowry Park Zoo. We thought we had found our venue. When we showed up... Read More to look at the location the room did not match the pictures online. There were a lot of large art pieces on the wall and tribal masks that were not in any of the pictures that we saw. When I asked if it was possible to remove them Dawn got very defensive saying that she didn't understand why I would want to do that. When I told her I didn't want a safari themed wedding she bluntly said "then we're not the venue for you." I should've quit then but I still had my heart set on getting married there. We explained our story and asked again and Dawn said she would have to check with the COO and would get back to us in two weeks. We haven't heard back from her and that was almost 6 weeks ago. Clearly our money wasn't worth removing a few masks from a wall.

The Perfect, Original Venue! Guests Will Love!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Kim

I couldn't be happier with my decision to have my wedding reception at the Zoo, and would highly recommended to anyone. From the beginning I felt in good hands with the zoo's staff. Mianne was great in helping us find fun ways to customize our wedding to really make it our... Read More own. We had signature cocktails, which were a huge hit with our guests, and our appetizers during the cocktails hour were AMAZING! It was a perfect time for us to incorporate some of our favorite foods. I loved that they didn't make us choose our meal and appetizer choices from a predetermined menu, but really got a feel for what we wanted. Chef CJ actually created custom menu options. Our tasting was definitely my favorite part of wedding planning, although it was tough to make decisions because everything was so delicious! On the wedding day, I felt completely at ease and new everything was being taken care of with great attention to detail. The day went so smoothly and people can't stop telling me how amazing of a time they had at our wedding. From the food, the beautiful backdrop, and the fun animal mingles, it definitely left a lasting great memory with me, my now husband and all our guest!

Unique Wedding Location

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Christine P

I recently had my wedding ceremony and wedding reception at Lowry Park Zoo. It was 100% the best decision of our wedding. The staff is flexible,professional and trustworthy. They work with you on every single detail. Food, decorations, wedding planning etc. We were looking for a... Read More unique location and Lowry Park did just that for us. We had giraffe feeding at the cocktail hour and 3 animals come visit our guests at the receptions. Many of our guest said it was the best wedding they have ever been too. Lowry Park offered us a wedding to rememeber. I highly recommend it!