Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Tampa's Lowery Park Zoo, located in Tampa, Florida, is an exciting location for a traditional or casual wedding with exotic flair. The indoor spaces are decorated in neutral colors and some spaces have a rustic theme that offers the backdrop for a casual country wedding in the heart of the city. Both indoor and outdoor locations are available for ceremonies and receptions.

The Safari Lodge. The Safari Lodge is located near the Safari Africa exhibit and has a muted color scheme. The 17,000 square foot, climate controlled location offers accommodations for up to 750 guests.

Reilly's Reserve. Also located in the Safari Lodge, Reilly's Reserve is an indoor space with rustic decor. This space is suitable for up to 200 guests and can be rented along with the Safari Lodge to provide space for additional guests.

Ituri Forest Patio. Ituri Forest Patio offers a large, paved patio, a covered gazebo and a covered deck for receptions and ceremonies. This intimate outdoor space is suitable for up to 50 guests.

Wallaroo Station. Wallaroo Station is an Australian themed space that both children and adults can enjoy. Wallaroo Station provides accommodations for up to 500 guests.

Lecture Hall. The Lecture Hall is a formal indoor space that is equipped with audio and video equipment. This space is suitable for events with up to 150 attendees.

Tampa's Lowery Park Zoo requires a deposit to save the desired date. A signed contract and second deposit is due to complete the reservations. Final payments are due two weeks before the event. Events are held at the reserved time in inclement weather, but zoo tickets can be redeemed at any time. Rescheduling is not allowed.

On-site catering is available and all food and beverages must be purchased from the on-site vendor. Specialty wedding cakes are allowed with a catering package. Catering options include hor d'oeuvres, stations and displays. Tampa's Lowery Park Zoo does not require a minimum spending amount for events.

Servers are included with the catering package. The wedding couple must provide a bartender for events where alcohol is served. Tables, chairs and cake cutting services are provided with the site fee and a complimentary champagne or sparkling cider, toast is included.

Linens are also included. Tablecloths are available in black, white and ivory and napkins are available in several colors. Outside linens are allowed. The site fee also includes complimentary use of the bridal suite, which is stocked with a fruit and cheese plate, bottled water and soda.

Outside vendors, such as florists, are welcome. All decor must be approved and items that pose a danger to animals, such as balloon or confetti, are not allowed. Parking is available on-site and the location is wheelchair accessible and child-friendly.

Tampa's Lowery Park Zoo is an ideal location for an adventurous wedding. Benefits of choosing this location include:

• Option to enjoy an on-site petting zoo
  • Kids activities available, including a water play area for events held at Wallaroo Station
  • Views of exotic animals from indoor and outdoor locations

Say I Do At the Zoo!

Say “I do” at the Zoo, surrounded by lush vegetation, exotic animals and up to 500 of your closest friends. Our wedding expert will help you choose between an indoor or outdoor facility and decide on buffet or plated meals. We will make sure that both the ceremony and reception is an unforgettable experience!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

1101 W Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL (813) 935-8552

The Perfect, Original Venue! Guests Will Love!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Kim

I couldn't be happier with my decision to have my wedding reception at the Zoo, and would highly recommended to anyone. From the beginning I felt in good hands with the zoo's staff. Mianne was great in helping us find fun ways to customize our wedding to really make it our... Read More own. We had signature cocktails, which were a huge hit with our guests, and our appetizers during the cocktails hour were AMAZING! It was a perfect time for us to incorporate some of our favorite foods. I loved that they didn't make us choose our meal and appetizer choices from a predetermined menu, but really got a feel for what we wanted. Chef CJ actually created custom menu options. Our tasting was definitely my favorite part of wedding planning, although it was tough to make decisions because everything was so delicious! On the wedding day, I felt completely at ease and new everything was being taken care of with great attention to detail. The day went so smoothly and people can't stop telling me how amazing of a time they had at our wedding. From the food, the beautiful backdrop, and the fun animal mingles, it definitely left a lasting great memory with me, my now husband and all our guest!

Unique Wedding Location

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Christine P

I recently had my wedding ceremony and wedding reception at Lowry Park Zoo. It was 100% the best decision of our wedding. The staff is flexible,professional and trustworthy. They work with you on every single detail. Food, decorations, wedding planning etc. We were looking for a... Read More unique location and Lowry Park did just that for us. We had giraffe feeding at the cocktail hour and 3 animals come visit our guests at the receptions. Many of our guest said it was the best wedding they have ever been too. Lowry Park offered us a wedding to rememeber. I highly recommend it!

Best Place in Tampa to Get Married!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Kimberly H

We had the wedding of our dreams at the zoo and the animal encounter was worth the extra money. The food was excellent and Teri, Reagan and Dawn were fabulous to work with!

Not Flexible at All

Reviewed on 1/11/2014

We wanted a fun wedding that meant something to us. My grandmother had loved giraffes and my fiancé's grandfather had been a zookeeper and has an elephant named after him. One of our first dates had been to the Lowry Park Zoo. We thought we had found our venue. When we showed up... Read More to look at the location the room did not match the pictures online. There were a lot of large art pieces on the wall and tribal masks that were not in any of the pictures that we saw. When I asked if it was possible to remove them Dawn got very defensive saying that she didn't understand why I would want to do that. When I told her I didn't want a safari themed wedding she bluntly said "then we're not the venue for you." I should've quit then but I still had my heart set on getting married there. We explained our story and asked again and Dawn said she would have to check with the COO and would get back to us in two weeks. We haven't heard back from her and that was almost 6 weeks ago. Clearly our money wasn't worth removing a few masks from a wall.