Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo

Tampa, FL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

A storybook wedding doesn’t have to be a fairytale

For your special day, make your dreams come true by choosing Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo. For celebrations large and small, the Zoo has many venues and catering options available that will suit your budget. Our picturesque Zoo is the perfect place for your fairytale wedding day. Se Habla Español.

Guest Capacity

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1101 W Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL

The Perfect, Original Venue! Guests Will Love!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Kim

I couldn't be happier with my decision to have my wedding reception at the Zoo, and would highly recommended to anyone. From the beginning I felt in good hands with the zoo's staff. Mianne was great in helping us find fun ways to customize our wedding to really make it our... Read More own. We had signature cocktails, which were a huge hit with our guests, and our appetizers during the cocktails hour were AMAZING! It was a perfect time for us to incorporate some of our favorite foods. I loved that they didn't make us choose our meal and appetizer choices from a predetermined menu, but really got a feel for what we wanted. Chef CJ actually created custom menu options. Our tasting was definitely my favorite part of wedding planning, although it was tough to make decisions because everything was so delicious! On the wedding day, I felt completely at ease and new everything was being taken care of with great attention to detail. The day went so smoothly and people can't stop telling me how amazing of a time they had at our wedding. From the food, the beautiful backdrop, and the fun animal mingles, it definitely left a lasting great memory with me, my now husband and all our guest!

Unique Wedding Location

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Christine P

I recently had my wedding ceremony and wedding reception at Lowry Park Zoo. It was 100% the best decision of our wedding. The staff is flexible,professional and trustworthy. They work with you on every single detail. Food, decorations, wedding planning etc. We were looking for a... Read More unique location and Lowry Park did just that for us. We had giraffe feeding at the cocktail hour and 3 animals come visit our guests at the receptions. Many of our guest said it was the best wedding they have ever been too. Lowry Park offered us a wedding to rememeber. I highly recommend it!

Best Place in Tampa to Get Married!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Kimberly H

We had the wedding of our dreams at the zoo and the animal encounter was worth the extra money. The food was excellent and Teri, Reagan and Dawn were fabulous to work with!

Not Flexible at All

Reviewed on 1/11/2014

We wanted a fun wedding that meant something to us. My grandmother had loved giraffes and my fiancé's grandfather had been a zookeeper and has an elephant named after him. One of our first dates had been to the Lowry Park Zoo. We thought we had found our venue. When we showed up... Read More to look at the location the room did not match the pictures online. There were a lot of large art pieces on the wall and tribal masks that were not in any of the pictures that we saw. When I asked if it was possible to remove them Dawn got very defensive saying that she didn't understand why I would want to do that. When I told her I didn't want a safari themed wedding she bluntly said "then we're not the venue for you." I should've quit then but I still had my heart set on getting married there. We explained our story and asked again and Dawn said she would have to check with the COO and would get back to us in two weeks. We haven't heard back from her and that was almost 6 weeks ago. Clearly our money wasn't worth removing a few masks from a wall.

TO Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo