Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free

Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

102 Woodbury Rd., Woodbury , NY (516) 802-2212

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Sara L

Taste did the cake for my wedding this past July along with the Grooms cake. Both were made based off of pictures that I showed Corina, not from anything that I saw in her portfolio of work. When you do that, there's always a risk that you may not get exactly what is in that... Read More picture. This was not the case at all, we got exactly what we wanted and showed in pictures. The cake Corina and crew made for our wedding was absolutely stunning (I'm biased), was exactly what we wanted, and far exceeded my expectations. The same applies to the grooms cake. Not only did they look good but they were delicious as well. Corina puts out great work, but she's also such a treat to work with, so friendly, warm and professional. I would highly recommend Corina and Taste!

Taste!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Kelly-Ann M

My husband and I recently got married at the Harbor Club at Prime in Huntington, NY, this past August 2015. The preferred vendor for our wedding cake was Taste. Taste is a quaint bakery located in Woodbury. Corrina is the owner and wedding specialist who assisted us in... Read More selecting the perfect wedding cake! Corrina was an absolute delight to work with. She was most accommodating and extremely kind and personable. Corrina wanted our our cake vision to be perfect. The end result was beyond our expectations! The cake not only looked beautiful but was delicious. We give Taste our highest recommendation.

We got Exactly What We Asked for

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Stephanie A

We met with the owner before our wedding day and showed her some pictures of what we wanted our cake to look like. She certainly delivered! Our cake came out beautiful and tasted even better!

The Best!!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Deanna A

Omg loved our cake. It was beautiful. It taste so good, chocolate and red velvet with the cream chesse filling. It was the best!!! I wish I could have eatten more of it but we were so full by that time. The cake was breath taking. I cant wait till one year from now to have that... Read More top in my frezzer!!! Best vendor and would use again and again!!!

Taste, Takes the Cake!!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2014

When we were looking for our Wedding Cake, my Husband and I were looking for something a bit different from the rest. He is an Interior Designer and had in his mind what he wanted. When we decided to make a tasting appointment, we made only one, and that was with Corina of... Read More Taste. When we walked into her shop, you are greeted with the smell of fresh baked wholesome goodness. You know the smell of Grandma's home baked treats. When we met Corina, it was LOVE at first sight. We hit it off immediately and knew she was "THE ONE"! What a genuine kind hearted soul (and F-U-N). Great Karma and such a pleasure to speak to. As my Husband rattled off his wishes, I consumed every morsel of the 4 cakes that were presented to us. Corina uses only fresh, natural ingredients (nothing artificial) and you can certainly taste the goodness. She takes the time to listen to you and gives her feedback as she sketches away on her pad. Although Corina presented us with 4 different cakes to taste, we knew we wanted chocolate cake with cannoli filling. Her chocolate cake is so rich and dense and you can taste CHOCOLATE! I am no fan of fondant, so Corina suggested chocolate fondant and said it was less sweet and tasted like a Toostie Roll. We decided on the chocolate fondant and my Husband wanted a tone-on-tone Damask Print, which Corina executed PERFECTLY! When we arrived at the restaurant and saw the final cake, we were left speechless. It was everything that we had hoped and so classy and elegant which is what we were going for. As we sat for dinner, the cake was to my left about 6 feet away and you could smell the chocolate fondant. Everyone commented on how beautiful and unique the cake was and I actually believe that the cake got more pictures taken of it than we did. Needless to say, the cake tasted AMAZING!!! Honestly, you can buy a Wedding Cake anywhere, but the wonderful experience with Corina will NEVER match it. BUY YOUR WEDDING CAKE HERE!!! P.S. - she also sells retail in her bake shop and her baked treats are equally as AMAZING. (Try the Raspberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars - YUM).

Taste Makes Delicious Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Jennifer T

Corina the owner/baker is awesome to work with. She has great creativity, professionalism, and a wonderful sense of flavors that go together.

Great detail

Reviewed on 11/01/2013 hil s

I have just switched over to this bakery and have already had 3 special occasion cakes made but none more important than my wedding cake. Corrina has a great vision for custom work and detail and the cakes are delicious.

Cakes by Taste: Streitman - Eisenstadt Wedding 9/8/12

Reviewed on 1/04/2013 Brenda S

Our experience working with Corina was outstanding in every way. She was able to create a cake that not only exceeded our expectations and those of the guests but became one of the focal points in the wedding. It's appearance was only exceeded by it's " TASTE".

best cake ever!

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Lindsey N

The owner can be a little cold, but it is totally worth it. She NAILED my vision for the cake, both inside and out. It was a showpiece and everyone loved it. It was exactly what we had discussed and it was delivered early!

so delicious.......

Reviewed on 9/19/2011 Christie b

cortina was great and not only was my cake super beautiful, it was soooooooo delicious. I've never tasted anything so amazing.

Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 9/18/2011 Nicole L

Not only did the cake look incredible and even better than we discussed, but it tasted so delicious. My fiance was so surprised and impressed, and the sugar soccer player even looked like him! My guests were amazed and licking their plates after inhaling the cake. Not a piece... Read More was left at the end of the night and everyone asked me where I got the cake from. I could not recommend Taste and Corina Elgart highly and I am so happy that we chose them.

Great grooms cake

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Jessica A

There is a very talented staff working at this bakery. I live in the area and randomly called to make a consultation to create a grooms cake for my soon to be hubby. Corina was amazingly helpful and not pushy at all (Unlike other bakers I had experienced during this process).... Read More I explained her my ideas and together we came up with a one of a kind cake that my groom absolutely loved! We also got numerous compliments on how great it tasted (vanilla cake with reese's peanut butter cup filling - yum!!) It was a delicious and my groom was really surprised. The only reason it's not a 5 star is because it was a bit more expensive than I would have liked (she did work with me on my budget, and if it had been a "carved cake" it would have been even more, but I really didn't know a 2 tiered cake could have cost as much as it did) also there was extra charge for delivery, so I had a family member pick it up and bring it to my catering hall the day of the wedding. Overall, great experience - very laid back and easy - and a delicious and creative cake!