Taylor & Hov, LLC: Planning, Design and Florals

Taylor & Hov was founded by artist Sugar Taylor and event planner Narine Hovnanian with the hopes of delivering the type of originality our clients can only begin to imagine. We take pride in planning & creating handcrafted, unique events, and florals that exceed our clients' greatest expectations.

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Washington, DC Serving DC, MD, VA & NYC (240) 424-0416

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Anne-Marie K

Sugar & Nar were absolutely wonderful in helping make our day beautiful and run smoothly. Not only are they both incredibly sweet, but they definitely know what they're doing! We initially hired the team for month of coordination, but I ended up also having Sugar design some... Read More print items including our invitations... which I absolutely LOVED. Our wedding was wonderful - I had zero worries/concerns and was truly able to enjoy the day thanks to Sugar & Nar. You guys rock :)

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kimberly S

Nar and Sugar are simply the best! We only budgeted for a month/day of coordinator and after being burned by other vendors we actually did interviews for this service. Nar was very accommodating and eased our nerves right away. "I got this" could easily be their catch phrase.... Read More They never bugged me with questions or issues, they just took care of things and kept us in the loop. like I said, they are the best :).

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Narae K

We had used Taylor & Hov Events for a Day Of Coordinator for our wedding in June. We got engaged in December 2015, so we only had a short 6 months to plan for our wedding. Nar was very helpful in providing us with vendor suggestions and mapping out our schedule and needs... Read More throughout those 6 months. She contacted every vendor to confirm arrival times and final details and made sure to notify me immediately if anything seemed off. We did run into some snags the day before the wedding , which Nar took care of effortlessly! The day of, Sugar made sure all of our decorations were prepared beautifully and orchestrated the delivery and set up of the reception vendors. We also had Danielle come in last minute to save the day and handle our ceremony music. Overall, our wedding was beautiful and we could enjoy every minute of it because of the hard work and efforts of the whole team at Taylor & Hov. <3

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Vanna D

We could not have been more satisfied with Taylor & Hov team that helped us with our wedding day. They were like literally miracle workers, and our day looked and ran much better than we could've imagined. I was able to 100% focus on building memories and it had everything to do... Read More with Elena and Danielle's incredible professionalism, efficiency, and teamwork. Would highly recommend to everyone I know!

Dynamic duo

Reviewed on 1/16/2015 Alison S

Nar and Sugar are amazing. I was feeling overwhelmed about how to even start planning a wedding, but Nar put me at ease from the moment I met her. I hired her right away (even before finding a venue or date), and she was an invaluable wedding sherpa throughout the 14 months I... Read More worked with her. She set up a detailed budget for us, and then helped us stick to it by recommending phenomenal vendors that fit our needs and budget; negotiated all of our vendor contracts; and handled the million little details that began cropping up as the day drew nearer. And when it came to the creative side, Sugar instinctively got the look we were going for, from her gorgeous, unique invitations to a ceremony and reception that looked and felt warm, natural and glowing. Each of them would be a treasure on their own -- together, they're just dynamite. And on top of it all, they're genuinely sweet and fun to be around! Seriously, go hire them now before someone else does.

Best decision ever!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Ava G

Sugar and Nar were total lifesavers! Both my fiance and I are relatively low-key people, and we did not want an overly extravagant wedding. We were also initially concerned that our minimalist venue (an art gallery with high ceilings and gorgeous wooden floors, but not much... Read More else) would look too empty, but once we talked over all of the design elements with Sugar, we felt very comfortable leaving everything in her capable hands. Sugar was able to take our vision of a clean & modern look and bring it to life with such sophistication and style. Everyone at our wedding commented on how classy everything looked. We also worked with Sugar on our Save the Dates and invitations. For both, we must have gone through dozens of revisions and Sugar was happy to work with us each step of the way. Nar was our day-of-coordinator and I cannot emphasize how seamlessly the entire day went. As a bride, there is nothing more important than having a stress-free wedding day, and that's exactly what Nar was able to provide. When I had last minute questions or requests, Nar was responsive via text messages even though she was running around managing all of our other vendors. The ceremony and reception went off without a hitch as Nar had it planned down to the very last minute, and made sure that everyone stayed on schedule. She also reached out to all of our other vendors during the week leading up to the wedding to make sure that everyone was on the same page. This was especially helpful since we had a couple of vendors who were less communicative. Overall, Sugar and Nar were two of the most responsive vendors we worked with throughout the entire process. They were always available via email and happy to entertain any questions or suggestions we had along the way. Even though we did not utilize their full planning services, Sugar and Nar made sure that we were comfortable with how everything was going the entire time, and even reassured us when other vendors fell short of expectations.

Wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Eileen M

Back in May 2013, Brian and I entered a competition hosted by Taylor & Hov called "The Great Bridal Scavenger Hunt". This competition was a scavenger hunt where ten couples competed to win a $50,000 wedding. Taylor & Hov worked together to have their favorite vendors... Read More contribute their services. To our shock and surprise, WE WON! Following our win, Taylor & Hov designed and executed the perfect wedding for us. Not only did it provide us the opportunity to work with some of the best vendors in DC, but Taylor & Hov's creative talents far exceeded our expectations. When we first started our wedding planning, we had only a vague idea of what we wanted. Despite this, Sugar was able to create an event which really spoke to our personalities. We spoke to her about our mutual love of music, and she found a way to incorporate this into every aspect of the day, with programs made of records and place settings created out of cassette tapes. Moreover, during our highest stress moments, Sugar and Nar saved the day with their eagerness to help with both large and small details, from changing the venue at the last minute to putting together a signature cocktail that our guests still won't stop talking about. All in all, Taylor & Hov gave us a better wedding than we could have ever hoped for, and for that we are so grateful! Thanks Sugar and Nar!

Wish I could do it all again

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

I know it sounds crazy, but Sugar had so many ideas that we wanted to incorporate into our wedding that I want to have another wedding to make them all come to life. We hired Taylor and Hov Events for our partial planning and design. I knew what feel I wanted my wedding to have... Read More but pinterest had me feeling stuck on how to bring it to life. I knew I couldn't create all those handmade programs and lanterns. Sugar even went out of her way to personally make my gorgeous bouquet the day of my wedding out of thin air (The corner grocery store), when the wrong one was delivered. Nar, the planner ran a tight ship the day of our wedding. Without her we never would have found our amazing photographer. All the guests and vendors knew where to go at what time, I truely wouldn't have been able to pull this off myself. I strongly recommend this creative duo for all the cool couples out there who want a unique wedding!

The Dream Wedding Team

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

I worked with the now "Taylor and Hov" team for my wedding last summer, and although it has taken me a year to finally write a review after being prompted, it does not reflect my feeling towards their team. I hired this company for my invitations, full planning, design and... Read More florals, and I was skeptical that it could ALL be great but it WAS. They really went above and beyond, and while Nar tackled all of my million planning questions, Sugar did things like throw in menus I did not even pay for just to make it perfect. I am not surprised they have added more members to their team because I am sure they are busy. They did not even get upset when I asked them not to feature or publish my wedding because I just a private person. I know the portfolio is important! No other planning company in the city does this much for such a great price, and really does it well. I cannot emphasize that enough. Sugar + Nar, sorry it took me so long, but THANK YOU for a more than perfect wedding. Some things were out of your control but I can honestly say that everything was handled with grace and professionalism, and you cannot matched. Love, Grace.

Great Design!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Xiaoyi Z

I was overall pretty satisfied with their services. My favorite part was the design aspect of the overall look and the intricate details Sugar had put in! I had a very complicated schedule, so it was very helpful to have the details all be taken care of.

Creative and on trend, very helpful!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Talar H

I am currently planning my wedding with the help of Nar at Taylor and Hov. She is incredibly professional and helpful, always available to answer questions or deal with vendors. Also the whole team has a great network of all kinds of vendors so it takes the challenge out of... Read More searching for the perfect florist, invitations, or whatever it may be. They are an invaluable reseource for planning a wedding and making a wedding on a budget look like a million bucks, THANKS guys!!!

Outside catering wedding at the Marriott Inn and Conference Center

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Claudia V

I worked with Sugar this past wedding for one of the brides that held her wedding at the Marriott Inn and Conference Center in College Park! I was the onsite planner and she was the decorator/planner for the bride outside the hotel. All I can say is awesome, awesome, awesome!!!... Read More Sugar is so amazing to work with!! Her creativity blow me away!! Just a great personality! :) Quality and spirit in one person! The connection with the bride was almost instant (I was present when they met) and she took right from the start the vision of the wedding building on top of it (not eliminating any of bride's ideas). She was also very creative with the budget of the bride, trying to provide the best quality at all times. Sugar will take you places that your imagination can't :)

Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

"We enjoyed working with Taylor and Hov as a whole. They had another wedding on our date, but we understand that they have other clients! I was nervous about that at first, but to be honest I think Anna (my DOC) was amazing and Nar even came by to check up on me anyway. I was... Read More very pleased with the whole process, and everytime I sent an email, I got a fast response, and they never let me worth about anything. I once freaked out about my dress, and Sugar met me for coffee to just talk and laugh about things. They were one of the best investments we made."

Our stormy and perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Ediana F

Sugar and Nar are amazing! My husband and I are very happy that we found them and booked them! They made everything flow smoothly and supplied the support that we have needed throughout our wedding planning and design. Nar-- She will keep you on track with your "to-do" list,... Read More your budget, schedule, etc. She is also very responsive on emails and phone calls. I've had 2 meetings with her and she has been very helpful! On the day of the wedding she was very helpful, even after having a personal emergency the night before. She was put together and made sure that everything went smoothly! Nar even helped us through a very difficult situation when our wedding photographer (Bruce Best Photography) decided to breach the contract 4 days before our wedding! Nar acted as our (professional and patient) liaison to communicate with Bruce and Amy Best even when they were rude to her. Nar was a serious trooper through that whole ordeal. Sugar-- She is so creative! Our Save-The-Dates, Wedding Invitations, escort cards, menus, table numbers, favors, flowers, etc turned out AMAZING! It was magical! We have been so blessed by what Sugar created with all of our ideas. Our wedding design was perfect from the stationary to the linens all the way to the flowers! PERFECT! One of the things that I really appreciate about Sugar and Nar is that they allow us to pitch ideas to them (and they don't take it personal!). They understand that it is YOUR wedding and they will do what they can (within your budget) to make you happy. Also, you can be as hands on in the design process as you want. For example, Sugar and I spent an evening together putting together the "Save-The-Dates" and it was awesome how the product looked once it was finished. My husband and I would highly recommend Sugar and Nar. They are both wonderful people and true professionals. We hired them for: partial wedding coordination, stationary design, wedding design and floral package. Our wedding guests are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was and how much fun they had.... And it happened over a year ago!!!! :D Our wedding day happened to be one of the worst storms of the summer season (and yes it was an outdoor ceremony) but we were blessed with Sugar and Nar, who managed to put everything together even during all the tornado warnings! :) Thank you Sugar and Nar!!

Phenomenal Team

Reviewed on 9/28/2013

The Taylor and Hov team were simply fantastic! Nar and Sugar jumped onto a fast moving train as we were about 7 months away from our wedding date. They were always available and flexible. Nar was great keeping us on track and acting as a primary point of contact for our... Read More vendors. Having Nar as an advocate on our behalf when dealing with vendors made our life so much easier. Sugar's design was spot on even as it evolved during the planning process. They were always there, willing to go over and above. Sugar even delivered our invites. Our wedding day was saved due to their command of the situation. It began to rain just as the guests were being seated and they jumped into action to move everyone into the "plan b" space seamlessly. They made our day fun for everyone and stress-free for us. They're great planners and even better people. You feel like you're their only client.

Great planning and design services!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Anna M

We hesitated about whether we needed a planner, but I can say we are so glad that we did! Nar and Sugar were there to help make sure the day went smoothly. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in the same venue, which required a lot of internal coordination, I'm... Read More sure. But I really didn't have to worry about it because I knew it was all being coordinated. When people had questions the day of the wedding, I just referred them to Nar. Plus they both have such an easy demeanor, it just made for a pleasant experience. Sugar worked on my flowers and they were beautiful! I showed her pictures for a bouquet and described an idea for the centerpieces and she executed it perfectly. I was just thrilled with them. She also did the boutineers, corsages for mom, wreaths for flowergirls, provided them baskets. It was all just perfect.

Talented and creative ladies!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Carla A

I'm not a very creative type of person so I am so glad I hired Taylor & Hov to do my flowers, stationary, and decorations. I'm not a fan of flowers, but my bouquet was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Probably the best bouquet I've ever seen, lol. My decor was perfect. I wanted a... Read More combination of laid back, but classy, and they nailed it. They really know what they're doing! Throughout the whole process, I said "just do whatever you think looks cute." That's how much I trusted their skills. Also, please please please use them for referrals. Every referral they recommended provided spectacular and quality service.

Sugar is very easy to work with.....

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Sheryl W

Sugar was the day of coordinator for my wedding. She was very easy to work with and has a charming disposition. I appreciate EVERYTHING she did that went seen and unseen. She was flexible and had a calming energy. Dealing with a stressed out bride doesn't seem easy at all, so I... Read More commend her for being wonderful through my own personal jitters.There is no way my wedding could have been executed without Sugar's help. All my guests had fun and thought everything was great!

Very creative

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Joanna M

I was very happy with the results of Sugar and Nar's work on our wedding. Everything ran smoothly and our guests had a great time. They were able to execute everything just as we wanted, at a fair price.

Taylor & Hov Events - Wedding Planning = AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 jacquelyn c

Taylor and Hov Events (formerly DIYVA Designs, LLC) were phenomenal! We worked with Sugar and Nar for over a year planning and designing our wedding. Their creativity and responsiveness were stellar. They worked on every aspect of our planning from venue, to save-the-date and... Read More invitation design, to vendor recommendations, to event design, to vendor accountability and more. They met with us in person and virtually on too many occasions to count. Sugar even helped us stuff our invitations! Rebecca and I had a vision of what we wanted for the design of our wedding. Sugar worked with us in making sure our dream became a reality. Our wedding day was perfect! We wouldn't have had the wedding we dreamed of without Taylor & Hov Events!

My Girls, Sugar and Nar!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 NIKKI T

Seriously, there isn't a word in the dictionary to describe the awesomeness of working with Taylor and Hov! Taylor and Hov created a romantic, vintage meets rustic glam world traveler theme wedding for me. The wedding was so detailed from the invitations to the reception that I... Read More felt like we traveled backwards in a time machine to the 1940s. They are consistently good and gave me the best quality of service. I have done nothing but sing their praises and I am forever indebted to them for making my wedding magical and unforgettable. Having a wonderful and powerful teams makes you feel confident, assured, beautiful and well-rested. I was able to relax and put my faith in their hands that my dreams will be executed. Hiring these event planners will be the best investment you can make. I didn't want to compromise on my wedding vision nor my pictures. Throughout the planning process, they were knowledgeable, patient, funny, professional and I love how they all think outside of the box. I personally don't like doing things base on tradition or what others have done, so it was a great match working with Sugar because she would constantly have new never before seen creations. It was my pleasure to work with them and honor to now call them friends.

D. C. Wedding to remember

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Shannon C

I enjoyed working with Sugar. I was able to work with her more closely then any one else from DIYva Designs. I loved the Save the Dates, Invitations, Programs, etc. that they designed for our wedding. The wedding and receptions was beautiful, because of the flowers and... Read More everything else they were able to do for us. I would recommend using DIYva for any event or wedding.

Airline ticket invitations

Reviewed on 12/13/2011 Alyson C

I made my own. Invitations but I was inspired by this website!! Thank you

Sugar and Nar ROCK!!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Amber B

The planning process was made SOOOO easy because of these two!! I was an out-of-town bride (who also happens to be a bit OCD), but they kept my mind at ease by constantly communicating with me and my mom throughout the entire process. They kept us all calm and made sure we got... Read More our money's worth from each of our vendors. The actual ceremony flowed VERY smoothly and everything was PERFECT!! I owe my beautiful memories and calm spirit on my wedding day to them!! Love you guys!!

My New Besties

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Tatyana B

I really enjoyed the whole process of working with Sugar and Nar to plan our wedding this June. We enjoyed the creative element that Sugar has and the detail oriented Nar, who together definitely make a killer team. I would and will, recommend them to all of my associates,... Read More family and friends for everything from their stationery to their planning and design services:)