Your wedding, YOUR version of the perfect party!

Tired of DJ companies that all seem the same? Founded by DJs Nate and GS, we love to work with couples that have creative wedding plans to create YOUR version of the perfect party. Check us out at www.terracedj.com for reviews and availability!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Kristi M

If you are someone who truly cares about music, who wants both the classics AND tracks that may not be your "typical" wedding songs than look no further! My wife and I are very much "music people" and the music for our wedding was among one of the most important things to get... Read More right for us and I cannot say enough great things about DJ Nate and Terrace DJ! We were very specific and particular about what songs we wanted during our ceremony, our cocktail hour, our dinner, and during the rest of the night and DJ Nate absolutely nailed every moment perfectly. We were in contact with him multiple times leading up to the big day with changes and curveballs and every email got a response from him almost immediately and always congenially. We had multiple songs we were able to hand pick for him to get just for us, but he also had all the songs that you could want for any great party. We covered so many different genres from Sinatra to the Spice Girls and DJ Nate skillfully transitioned and played to the crowd to make the party enjoyable by all, but also truly unique to us. There were guests who told us afterwards that we had the best music of any wedding they had ever been to. And even if you're not that particular about music, I am confident that Terrace DJ would have you covered and give you the perfect playlist for whatever you're interested in. DJ Nate's flexibility, song selection, equipment, skill, & passion cannot be beat. Our wedding was exactly what we wanted and he was an absolutely integral part of that.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Chrissy J

DJ Nate was beyond amazing. Our expectations were surpassed! He was extremely attentive to all of our requests and needs. Throughout the entire process leading up to the wedding, he was organized and communicative. He is clearly a people person, and very professional. At the... Read More wedding, he really made seamless musical transitions between cocktail hour, first dances, toasts, and dancing. EVERYONE was dancing, having a blast, and no one really had time to ask for any special requests. If we could describe how DJ Nate was at our wedding in one sentence: HE NAILED IT!!!!! The music was ON POINT and he was fantastic with all of our wedding guests! We are so glad we had DJ Nate at our wedding!! Thank you so much! We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Meredith J

DJ Nate was an absolutely perfect choice for our wedding, and I cannot imagine how he would not be for yours as well. Music is a big part of life for both my husband and I, and we were both concerned that we would end up with a DJ who played a bunch of music that we did not... Read More enjoy, or who would make ridiculous overly stylized announcements during the reception, or a number of other cringeworthy DJ behaviors we have seen at weddings. An email or two between us was enough to quickly put those fears to rest. DJ Nate immediately came across as an earnest and down to earth person, who wanted to give us the musical experience for our wedding that would make us the happiest. I loved the fact that he has a very extensive database of music which you can look through, and select “love it’ “like it” or “hate it” for any song, in addition to being able to request that he add songs not found in the database, at no additional charge. Based on what we indicated about our song loves and hates, DJ Nate had fabulous intuition in understanding the broader implications for music that we would like to hear at the wedding, and we along with our guests enjoyed it all so much. My husband’s sister texted us the next day telling us that she wants to make a playlist of our wedding soundtrack, she loved it so much. One of the most special moments for us was when Nate asked if he could play one more song to finish the night, not one that we had “loved” on the list, and it turned out to be one of my husband’s absolute favorites, and pitch perfect for the tone of our wedding and what we were all feeling. It’s at little moments like that where you don’t feel like you’ve hired a DJ, but gotten one of your friends with impeccable taste in music to score your party. His pricing structure was extremely reasonable and upfront. The times that we all spoke on the phone were a pleasure. Nate was a very attentive listener, calm and reassuring amidst wedding stress, and always professional and prompt in any correspondence. I would, recommend him to anyone, and in fact already did to a friend who was thrilled…and it’s a friend who is rarely if ever thrilled by anything. If I had it all to do again, (and fortunately I do not!) I would hire DJ Nate every time.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Alan R

If you care at all about the music at your wedding, and you're worried about the DJ screwing it up, then look no further. Book DJ Nate right now. Nate was so easy to work with throughout the entire process. I'm a bit of a music nerd, and my wife and I wanted very specific... Read More songs for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, entrances, and reception. We weren't interested in hearing the typical Macarena, Electric Slide, Mambo #5, etc. (BUT if you are, Nate will play it). For our wedding I made it very clear from the beginning that there were certain songs we had to hear, and certain songs we absolutely did not want to hear. This included no requests from the guests. Nate assured me from the get-go that he would accommodate me in any way possible, and he did just that. Whatever songs he did not have at his disposal (such as rare live tracks from lesser known punk bands) he made it easy for me to just send them to him via dropbox. He also did a good job editing tracks for me, if I didn't want to to hear the whole ten minutes of a song. He was very responsive through phone and email messages, and professional the whole time, even when I got a bit wild with my requests and had to make some last minute changes. He was also willing to meet with me in person a couple of times, over a nice pint of beer (which wasn't necessary but totally awesome), and go over the playlist on his laptop, so we were both on the same page. No surprises. This gave me A LOT of peace of mind. The totem lighting package was nice and went well with our wedding decor. Nate also had to fill some time during our dinner hour, because the meals took longer than expected, and he did a great job playing things from his collection that matched what I had already asked him to play. The introductions were spot on. DJ Nate knows how important this part is, especially for the bride and groom, and if you ask him to read something he will do just that, word for word. He seriously was a pleasure to work with, and helped make our wedding so much more rockin' and enjoyable, and all of our guests agree.

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Devon S

I cannot speak highly enough of Terrace DJ’s DJ Nate (Nathan Atwood)! We had our weekend wedding at South Mountain YMCA in PA on April 15, 2017 - with the ceremony and reception on Saturday evening. We had an outdoor ceremony just a short walk from the indoor reception venue.... Read More The one catch was that we wouldn’t be able to meet our DJ (or our bartenders… or the camp’s new event coordinator…) in advance of the event because my now husband and I live across the country in Reno, NV. This meant that we had to put full faith in our vendors (and some very helpful family members in PA) that their services would be perfect for our big day after just a few phone calls. We actually hired DJ Nate during our first phone call with him - it just felt right! Nate was great to work with throughout the planning process. We wanted indie/alternative music throughout the evening (plus lots of Queen, Van Morrison, Sinatra, and Talking Heads), and he was really accommodating to this idea. I enjoyed using the online planning system Terrace DJ uses - it allowed us to peruse songs, plan songs for certain events (processional, cake cutting, etc) and pick the ones we “Loved”, “Liked”, and “Hated” to ensure that our favorites were played when we wanted them to be. Nate did one tour of the venue with my mother and aunt (they said he was very professional… I was still in Reno :P ) and told us he would have no problem setting up his sound system for the reception, along with a second smaller setup for the ceremony. Now for the good stuff: Nate’s timing for all of our planned songs was spot on, he played the right versions of songs (I’ve been to weddings where a live version gets played, etc.), and did an excellent job introducing us, calling tables up to the buffet (we maybe threw him for a loop by giving him Nevada town names to call out just moments before the ceremony… but it went perfectly!), introducing some family and friends for toasts, etc. He has a great commanding yet friendly voice for this and I appreciated how (as promised) he wasn’t interested in providing any other comments than necessary - he was all about the music but definitely knew how to keep the evening flowing. This was a huge help to us since we did not have a wedding planner or any other kind of coordinator for the reception. We leaned on Nate for this and he absolutely delivered. All night I had people coming up and asking me, “how did you find this guy? It feels like i’m listening to your iPod, the songs are so perfect for you guys!” and these comments continued throughout the night. Our guests were thrilled with his song selections and a lot of people thought that we had hand-picked the songs ourselves, which was not the case. We had given him maybe ~20 songs that we liked and he ran with it. People were dancing immediately and continued until our 11 pm stop time. I (and others) never wanted to leave the dance floor! We let guests make song requests - though I have no idea how many actually people did this, I think it added to the fun. It seems crazy now but we were SO lucky to end up with a DJ that was perfect for us considering the distance and circumstances in which we hired him (i.e. one late night phone call 3 months before our event). He’s polite and a little soft spoken in person, but MAN did he get our guests excited to dance for 4+ hours :) 100% would recommend, especially if you and your family love to let loose and dance all night long.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Isaac B

DJ Nate (and Terrace DJ) was absolutely perfect. I cannot recommend him/them highly enough. My husband and I had very specific criteria for a DJ. We wanted somebody who a) was professional, b) would play the music we wanted, and c) wouldn't make the party about himself by... Read More mashing songs together or shouting at guests through a microphone. DJ Nate played exactly the music we wanted (he went out of the way to find tracks that he didn't yet have), and he was a total pro in the lead-up to the day, and on the day itself. DJ Nate also went above and beyond in a number of ways. For example, my husband and I wanted to do a choreographed dance for our first dance. But the song we chose was too long for the dance we'd planned. So DJ Nate edited the track to shorten it (seamlessly), so the song would fit the dance without anybody noticing. Example two: My father wanted to sing a song, Karaoke-style, and DJ Nate lent him the microphone, and found a way to turn the vocals down on the track so he could sing along more easily. Before the date, DJ Nate sent us a detailed survey where we could say what kind of music we wanted, specific songs we wanted, and specific songs we didn't want. The survey also asked the timing of the reception: when dinner would be served, when the toasts would be (and who would be giving them), when we'd cut the cake, et cetera--to make the reception go smoothly. We weren't sure about some of the reception timing, and DJ Nate spoke with us on the phone (at length) and helped us work it out. Leading up, he was so easy to work with, and so detail-oriented, and so tolerant of the craziness that comes over you when you're planning a wedding. And on the day itself, he was set up on time with great equipment, and he easily handled a couple curve balls. There was a last-second change in the order of bridesmaids and groomsmen to announce. No problem. The cocktail hour ran a little long (nothing to do with DJ Nate) , so we got behind in the schedule of must-play songs. No problem. He caught up. Seriously, this is the guy you want for your wedding/event. He's nice, caring, accommodating, expert, and professional. And he will work tirelessly with you to make your wedding day perfect. I can't imagine a better wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Isaac B

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Amanda C

Oh man! If you are looking for a DJ to keep your dancefloor packed the entire night and have everyone singing their lungs out for hours, look no further. We were so lucky to have found DJ Nate and work closely with him in the months coming up to our wedding to craft a song list... Read More that was organic but incredibly personal. He was totally on board with our not-so-typical requests and put together a great "happy indie" playlist for our cocktail hour and an amazing "big band/rat pack" playlist for our buffet hour. What mattered a lot to us was that our DJ wasn't that cheesy type who used an unnatural voice to announce everything - Nate perfectly announced everyone and didn't even need to work the crowd to get people on the dancefloor. He played hit after hit to the point where I was thinking, I need a break but I don't want to stop dancing! He's that good. Nate even gave me a call a few weeks before the wedding to let me know a guest had made a special request just to make sure I wasn't surprised the night of. I cannot recommend Nate and Terrace DJ enough. He is a true professional and the perfect DJ to make your big night one no one will forget.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Jay S

DJ Nate was by far the PERFECT DJ for us. He was the first DJ we spoke with and we knew we needed to look no further. He was incredibly flexible to arrange meeting times and locations, and he was our most responsive vendor throughout the planning process. He drove out to meet us... Read More at our venue to get an idea of the where would be the best place to set up and to get an overall vibe of the wedding. We had a very specific and eclectic sense of music and really requested a unique mix of music, and Nate never flinched at our requests. We merely provided him with a list of our preferred songs, and he had them downloaded and ready to review. We used his online planning tool to create lists of must play songs and indicate special requests for introductions, first dances, fading pieces, etc. Nate executed everything we requested to a T on the night of our wedding, and really provided the soundtrack to our evening. His dance lights made for some great party pictures, and everyone commented on what a great job he did. Our parents were pleased with what an excellent, humble host he was and how in-tune he was to the mood of the crowd. We loved working with Nate and would use him again in a heartbeat if we could do our wedding again. It was the best night of our lives, and we have his humble, professional service to thank.

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Julie C

Nate was a pleasure to work with. He accommodated several last-minute special requests, including clips of songs we recorded for the ceremony and making a mash-up of very different genres for our recessional. He did a great job keeping people on the dance floor all evening and... Read More nobody wanted the night to end! He seemed to really get exactly what we wanted out of every part of the evening. I would absolutely recommend DJ Nate!!

Lucky to have found DJ Nate

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Alison L

Was lucky enough to have DJ Nate perform at our August 1st wedding and could not have been happier with how the day (and the weeks/months leading up to the day) went. Everything about the experience was tremendous. Nate is a calm and reassuring person and helped my wife and... Read More I in so many ways. His inventory is extensive and his website will help you with suggestions if you need it (like what are the most popular songs to play during the entrance, the cake cutting, father daughter dance, etc.). But he also goes out of his way to accommodate you and your needs. We had a sizable amount of country music that we wanted to sprinkle into the reception and Nate was able to add those to his library easily. He had a great feel for the energy of the room/tent and had a really keen balance of eating/conversation songs as well as when to turn it up to dance time. Everyone at our wedding could not stop raving about how much fun the entire production was and DJ Nate was crucial to that. I've had family members attend weddings since and comment on how much more they liked 'our' DJ. He could be your DJ. He should be your DJ. Seriously, if you're looking for DJ, please look no further. He's a true find.

Fantastic Service and Very Attentive

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

DJ Nate was fantastic. He went through all the details before the wedding that he knew what we wanted every step of the way. He even went over pronunciation of everyone's name. And he took care of every special request. During the reception, he was always watching and playing... Read More what people wanted. The music was always present, but it didn't take over the show. He also provided lighting which was subtle and tasteful. It did not take away from the decorating we had done, but it did make the dance floor more exciting. Later in the night we found a broom handle and started doing an impromptu limbo and he had Limbo Rock playing before I even thought to go request it. He was happy to make any announcements we had clearly without being obnoxious. I would hire him again in an instant and I would recommend him to anyone.