Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

5855 Macarthur Blvd, Oakland, CA (510) 969-0189

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Cassandra E

We used That takes the Cake for our wedding and they were just perfect. We rented the cupcake tiers from them as well. They were great to work with, and the tasting fee for the cupcakes is 25 dollars. We had a party with our wedding party to help us select the best ones to... Read More serve. They suggested we budget about 1.5 cupcakes a person. This was totally accurate and still much cheaper than the per slice price of wedding cake. Their flavors are so creative and you can have many more kinds than with a wedding cake. We did 5 different flavors, so we were able to make both bride and groom very happy. They handled all the setup and delivery and our venue told us they were great to work with and there were no problems at all. TTTC is fairly quick to respond to emails and the owners were so easy to work with. They also would kick down free cupcakes when we stopped by for payments and order updates. Highly recommend. We spent less than a wedding cake would have cost and our guests raved about them all night!

Best cupcakes

Reviewed on 1/02/2011 Shannon K

These are the best cupcakes I have had! They taste fresh and home made. The owners are great to work with (though their staff still needs a bit of training). The cupcakes were reasonably priced and the setup looked great!

That takes the cake is the way to go!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Natalie N

After our wedding tons of our guests commented on how amazing the cupcakes tasted and because we did the small size cupcakes people were able to try a bunch of flavors. I think cupcakes were the best decision based on the feedback and how cute they looked. I would highly... Read More recommend That Takes the Cake! Not only do they have delicious cupcakes, but the service is so great. For our wedding we knew we wanted to do cupcakes instead of the traditional cake. That takes the cake does this amazing cupcake tasting that you get to take home. I think we tried 26 cupcakes, full sized mind you, over a week or two. Talk about losing the bridal diet :) - you just have to put down a deposit that you get back if you book with them. (I think it was less than $30). We loved the cupcakes so much that we narrowed it down to 5, and in no particular order, I will tell you our favorites: Carrot Cake, Key Lime, Salted Chocolate, Red Velvet and for the cake topper Vanilla. You also can rent these beautiful white tiers and have them set everything up for your event, so its hassle free. I am the type of bride that wants to place the order then not have to think about it again, and with them I feel that way. When we placed the order they were really helpful and said they would check in when it was closer to the wedding. They came on time to set up and the tiers looked amazing. No hassle and they were ready to go when the reception started.