Calligraphy & Custom Designed Invitations

Nothing sets the tone for your wedding like the invitations and stationery you select. Let the experienced calligraphers at The Abbey Studio create your wedding stationery ensemble - invitations, envelopes, place cards, announcements, gifts and wedding books - using beautiful hand lettered calligraphy.

10 Accord Pond Drive, Hingham, MA (781) 740-9000

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Kristine R

We hired Maryanne Grebenstein from the Abbey Studio to personalize our Wedding Invitations by hand-lettering both the Inner and Outer Envelopes with our guest's names and mailing addresses. From the beginning, Maryanne was extremely accommodating, even inviting us into her home... Read More to discuss our needs, look over fonts and select ink colors. Our invitations were a bit delayed in being delivered from our vendor and we had to have all 141 Invitations in the mail in just 2 weeks, providing our guests the appropriate 30 days to RSVP. Maryanne was very up-front with us, letting us know that for 141 guests (282 envelopes essentially), she would typically ask for at least 3 weeks. We completely understood we gave her a tall order & worked to prepare everything else invitation-wise we possibly could to not further delay shipping. Our entire wedding planning process was flawless and it was looking like the most stressful part was going to be getting these invitations mailed in time ... Well, thank goodness for Maryanne. Since she is a total ROCKSTAR and completed all of our envelopes in just 9 DAYS, we were able to get our Invitations mailed right on time. We received so many compliments on her calligraphy & were told that it was the perfect accent to our pocket invitations. We can't even explain how huge of a blessing Maryanne was to us. Her art perfectly tied together the "feel" we were going for and certainly set the tone for our wedding. Thank you so much, Maryanne!

2016-12-28T14:55:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Matt & Kristine! The pleasure was all mine!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Liesl S

Maryanne at the Abbey Studio is the absolute best! She creates invitations that are the best I've ever seen. We have gotten more compliments on the calligraphy on our Save the Dates and invitations than any other part of our wedding! She is so talented, had an incredible... Read More attention to detail (even catching mistakes I missed on my own guest list!), and created invitations that set the tone perfectly for our wedding. Even with trying to cut costs on strategic parts of our budget, every single penny spent on the Abbey Studio is worth it times 10. I can't express enough how beautiful her work is, and how much it set the tone for our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Mia M

My stationer in Cambridge referred me to The Abbey Studio for calligraphy on our wedding invitations, and we were in no way disappointed. My fiance and I were blown away by Maryanne's beautiful lettering and her warm and professional service. She showed us samples of her work... Read More before we confirmed, and gave us a variety of inks to choose from. We chose a pretty medium lavender on our pearl white envelopes, and it came out so lovely. Our guests have been very impressed! She always responded quickly throughout our correspondence. Her pricing is comparable to other local vendors based on my research of the Boston area, though for the elegant style we were looking for and the professional service Maryanne offers, I cannot imagine we could have found a better person for this task. Thank you so much!

2016-05-24T08:23:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Mia! It was a real pleasure working with you. Your invitations are beautiful!

Maryanne

I have been a professional calligrapher, book artist, and teacher for over 20 years. I consider it a great honor when a bride selects me to help her with her invitations. Whether you are shopping for an invitation ensemble, seating assignments cards, a keepsake wedding book, or simply need calligraphic services for your invitation envelopes, you can trust me to deliver a finished product you will love!