Book Your Wedding with The Allure

A BALLROOM IN LA PORTE, IN

The spirit of the early 20th century lingers on in some areas of Northwest Indiana. Built in 1920, The Allure is a three-story tall building located in LaPorte, Indiana. A fixture of the central downtown area, its Northwest Indiana location is perfectly nestled east of Chicago and west of Notre Dame. The vintage style front door of this stately brick building beckons you to enter. Once inside, you can explore all of the possibilities available for a one-of-a-kind wedding experience.

The interior of The Allure underwent an extensive renovation. Inside, the facility is a mixture of modern luxury and old-world elegance.

Private Bridal Suite. Brides-to-be get dressed and made up in this charming room. It has painted and brick walls, comfortable seating and full-length dressing mirrors.

Ceremony Site. This contemporary space is well-lit with ceiling and walls painted in white. Rows of guest chairs are arranged on the dark wood floor. The ceremony is conducted on a white stage backed by a tan stone tile wall and couples are invited to provide ceremony decor or use stage items owned by the venue.

Balcony. This space overlooks the ballroom and is situated between two identical staircases. Couples make an entrance and stand behind a decorative metal railing, looking down upon the crowd of admirers. The stage can be lit any color for dramatic effect. The bride and groom descend down the first set of stairs and stand on the platform, before walking arm-and-arm down the second flight of stairs.

Grand Banquet Room. This stately room is where wedding guests are seated for an elegant banquet meal. The main wooden floor is constructed of elongated wood planks and it has a spit-polish sheen. The floor is decorated with a swirling black pattern, making it invitingly alluring for celebratory dancing. Dining tables can be placed around the edges of the main floor or tables can cover the entire space. Several framed glass mirrors are posted on the walls, reflecting light and festivities.

Lounges. There are front and back lounge areas where guests can relax. These spaces have cushy seating, small tables and soft lighting.

Accommodating various dining preferences is simple to do by alerting the catering staff of your needs. The menu has a full range of delightful meal selections and you can order ethnic and vegetarian dishes according to your personal tastes. Special dietary restrictions are also accommodated.

The on-site event coordinator is available before and during the wedding to ensure all goes well. Professional staff take care of the meticulous decorating and tear down duties and that includes handling wedding favors.

Fees for staff activities and taxes are included in package pricing.

The professional staff have years of experience with weddings and receptions and some of the special perks available are:

• Exclusive use of the entire facility
  • One wedding per day
  • Planning luncheon/meet-the-chef included for free as part of planning process once the venue is booked(tax and service fees included in package)
  • Choice of table overlay and napkin colors
  • Long-distance travel coordination services
  • Security guard for guest safety

The Allure Wedding Venue and Event Center

Premier Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana event center offers unique space to hold your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. On-site wedding coordinators offer planning from start to finish, including food tasting, linen suggestions and vendor coordination. The multilevel venue includes a ballroom, balcony, front lounge, bridal suite, ceremony site and two bars.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

301 B St, La Porte, IN (219) 369-6456

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Jenny B

When my fiancé and I began shopping around for venues, we became overwhelmed and disenchanted. When we got the opportunity to meet with Natalie at The Allure, we immediately felt at ease. Any questions along the way, the coordinators Jenny and Natalie answered quickly. They were... Read More really organized and professional. My advice is to listen to them, read your instructions carefully, and your day will go smoothly! I attended a wedding at The Allure two years ago. I fell in love with it immediately. Despite not even having a boyfriend at the time, I knew that I would get married there someday. The venue is elegant and classy, but not stuffy. You do not have to decorate too much because the venue itself is a decoration. Every inch of the building is beautiful. We told our guests not to judge it from the outside, because it truly is a hidden gem. We liked how it is a “one-stop shop” with the ceremony and reception areas in the same building. The dedicated cocktail area had plenty of seating for our guests. The Bridal suite was included with the package we chose. It was a roomy, comfortable space for all of the ladies to get ready. I had my hair stylists, makeup artist, videographer, photographers and bridal party in the suite and there was still plenty of room. We also had mimosas, cheese, and crackers to start our day off right! It was very convenient to have the ability to get ready in the same location as the ceremony. My fiancé and I liked that the packages were presented as a price per head. It made it very simple for calculating while working on our budget. The package lists include food, liquor, service fees, gratuity and security. They do not have hidden costs as everything is listed and crystal clear. We also liked that The Allure provided a suggested vendor list as it showed that they had good working relationships with quality companies. They also contacted our vendors the week of the wedding to coordinate times with them, so it was one less thing for me to worry about! They made it very convenient by allowing us to drop off our decorations early. Even better, they set it all up for us. I was able to see our vision come to life on the night of our rehearsal and it was everything I had hoped. The food was tasty and family style serving was nice because it was quick and easy. Everyone who worked that night from the wait staff and bartenders to security were amazing. We highly recommend The Allure to anyone.

Just PERFECT

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Jenifer Z

From start to finish everything was just wonderful!! The planners were very knowledgeable and pointed me in the right direction for all of my questions! They also helped me with their preferred vendors and everything was just wonderful!!

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Sarah C

I had both my wedding and reception at the Allure on 11-10-12 and it could not have been better! The venue is beautiful and my guests (some who are very picky) couldn't say enough about how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was! Jenny and Megan were amazing to work... Read More with and made my wedding day so easy. I didn't even have to tell them what I needed it was like they read my mind :) I had a worry free wonderful experience and would recommend the allure to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Katrina R

OMG...NATALIE IS AMAZING!!! I had my ceremony and reception at the Allure. I knew from the moment I stepped in the building that this is where my husband and I would get married! Natalie worked with us every step of the way and made sure the day went as perfect as I had planned.... Read More She is a very special person and we were blessed to have her to help plan our special day. She made sure everything we needed was there and knew the things I needed but did not know I needed:) The reception area was elegant and had an amazing ambiance for our guests. The cocktail hour was perfect with the drinks and appetizers and the reception area does not disappoint either!! Every guest we spoke with said it was the best wedding they had attended. The FOOD WAS EXCELLENT and the service was fast and efficient. We did not want for anything!! If you want the venue of your dreams and a coordinator who makes it like working with a long lost friend, then the Allure is the place for you!!! On a side note, the pricing was amazing and completely stress free as you are paying a specific amount/per person with no hidden fees later! Loved Natalie and the Allure!!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Rachel W

I can't even begin to say how amazing this place is! The minute we walked thru the door we knew this was where we wanted to spend our amazing day! Natalie is absolutely everything you would ever want in a coordinator! She made our dreams come true!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Andrea G

Our daughter's wedding was at the Allure on June 10, 2017 and it turned out to be everything we hoped for and more!!! Natalie was so easy to work with and was very patient with us and all our questions. Everything went so smoothly from using the bridal suite, the ceremony site... Read More and the reception hall. The food was great and it was so nice for them to set everything up and take it down - one less headache for us to deal with. I can't say enough about the Allure - would highly recommend it to any future bride and groom!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Paige J

When my fiancé and I began to look for venues we first thought about doing and country theme but my mother insisted I look at The Allire and we feel in love with it. The best part was everything was all in one place. The bridal suite is huge and a great place to get ready in the... Read More morning. The balcony was a fantastic area for the boys to get ready. The ceremony site and cocktail hour was the perfect area and size. And the reception site was beautiful!! I could not have asked for a better place to get married. And on top of the amazing venue itself the coordinator Natalie goes above and beyond to help in anyway possibly. Any question I had she was able to answer it and in a timely matter. Thank you to The Allure staff for everything you do.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Jessica W

This venue was so elegant and beautiful. The whole experience was amazing from start to finish. The girls really take care of you throughout the whole process! I would get responses from them within the hour no matter what day or time. Natalie & Corynn made my wedding experience... Read More so much easier than I could imagine. They took care of every detail, coordinated everything day of, and solved any problem! I imagined myself running around like crazy on the morning of my wedding but that was not the case with them. They handled everything so I could enjoy my morning with my bridesmaids in their beautiful bridal suite! They made my ballroom/ceremony area more beautiful than I could imagine. The food and alcohol is all top quality and the staff is delightful!! The security guy was even helping us figure out my bustle when we were struggling! I can't say enough positive things about this venue, staff, and experience. I LOVE THE ALLURE!!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Tara W

We got married at the allure in October of 2015!!! From the moment we stepped inside we fell in love with the place! We ended up booking that day! Natalie and Jenny were SO wonderful and I couldn't have asked for better people to help us plan our special day! They were so easy... Read More to work with and talk to and also super quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I had and Natalie made sure I was always on top of any details that I needed to be taking care of! When it came down to the wedding day it was the most stress free and that I had ever been during the whole planning process simply because of those girls! The wedding was beyond perfect down to every detail. We rented the bridal sweet for the bridesmaids and it was so nice to have a space of our own to spend the morning and get ready and the boys had a space of their own to hang out before the festivites began too. The ceremony was well orchestrated by the amazing Natalie yet again and followed up by cocktail hour which lead us into our reception where we had a blast! Every one of our guests had nothing but good things to say about the staff, the food, the drinks, and the simple beauty of the building itself. I am so happy we chose the allure to celebrate our special day and would do it all over again if I could!!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Megan L

I had my dream wedding at The Allure and Natalie and Jenny were incredible to work with! They were amazing with answering all of my questions and were super accommodating when I asked to re-tour when my husband was in town since he is in the military and didn't get to come to... Read More the first one. The Allure is a one stop shop and it made my life SO much easier to know I could trust Natalie and Jenny with all the little details of my big day!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kammie M

My husband and I had our wedding reception here and the night could not have gone any better!! Everyone kept saying how beautiful the venue was and loved the food!! Natalie and Jenny were amazing to work with! I live in Indy so I made a lot of phone calls to them and I knew... Read More they would make sure the night was perfect! I recommend the Allure to anyone who is looking for something that would WOW all of your guest!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016

As a vendor in the Northwest Indiana wedding industry, being a bride was very surreal! I chose The Allure as my venue because I knew I couldn't trust anyone more than Natalie to take care of me and my family. From the bridal suite to the ceremony decor, from the ballroom and... Read More tablescapes to the food and vendors, our day was perfect. Thank you Natalie and team, for taking this wedding coordinator and making her a bride!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Sara M

We found the Allure by accident and we are so thankful we did! Natalie is so professional and friendly, she (very!) patiently answered all of my questions before we decided to put down a deposit about 11 months before our date. It seemed like I asked her another thousand and... Read More she answered every one of them and normally gave me an idea that was better than what I had been thinking of in the first place! The day of coordination is a big reason we chose the Allure and Natalie was there with me during the wedding, it was great to have built a relationship with a vendor over the planning process - she really knew how I wanted the day to go and it was pulled off without a hitch. We are so happy to have found the Allure....if only we had another event to plan!!!!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016

If you're looking for a beautiful venue, amazing staff, and stress free planning, this is the place to go. I would chose The Allure 100 times over. Our family and guests were astonished with this venue.

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Alayna B

Absolutely wonderful! We had our wedding ceremony and reception here 12/27/15. It was perfect. Natalie and Jenny are fantastic and make everything so easy for you and help put you at ease during such a stressful time. We had so many and are still getting so many compliments on... Read More how beautiful the venue was. It was so sad to leave! We love The Allure! P.S. Food was fantastic!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Stefanie B

Great Venue! Great People! Would highly recommend this great venue to anyone in the area! I had absolutely nothing to worry about the day of my wedding. Natalie and Jenny could not have made my day any better! They were great to work with and really wanted to make your dream... Read More wedding come true. They exceeded my expectations! Food was fantastic and the place itself is breath-taking!

Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Sky S

The Allure was the perfect location for the best day ever! Natalie and Jenny are amazing at what they do. The whole day went smoothly without a hitch. I could not have asked for anything more!

Absolutely amazing venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Meghann E

Natalie and team at The Allure were absolutely amazing throughout the ENTIRE wedding planning process. I was an out-of-state bride and had to conduct most of my communication with The Allure via email. They were super quick to respond and did everything they could to make our... Read More wedding vision come true...which they definitely succeeded! We loved that the venue provided both the ceremony space as well as the reception hall. The team ensured that everything ran smoothly and that our guests enjoyed themselves. Could not have asked for a better venue and support team! The Allure also came with a great price tag and you definitely get a lot for the cost!! Excellent service, food, quality, etc! I'm an extremely happy bride and would highly recommend this place to future brides getting married in Northern Indiana!!

Beautiful Venue, Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Ashlee K

I cannot speak highly enough of the Allure. Before planning my wedding, I had always assumed that I would want an outdoor, rustic affair. However, after seeing the pictures of the Allure and then witnessing its elegance first hand, my mind changed. The Allure's beauty... Read More cannot be overstated. From its simple, tasteful ceremony space, to its modern, sophisticated downstairs cocktail lounge, to its 20's-inspired grand reception hall, a Midwestern bride would be hard pressed to find better. I love the mismatch of mirrors, couches, and crystal throughout the venue. The bridal suite was the proverbial icing on the cake, giving my bridesmaids, family, and self more than enough space to get ready. I found their pricing a bit high, but compared to other wedding venues in Indianapolis and Chicago, they are a steal. Weddings are just expensive. Their all-in pricing makes planning your big day straight forward and simple. Most venues have pages of fine print attached to their contracts. You get the impression that you'll never know your final bill until it arrives. With the Allure, you know exactly how much you'll be paying and for what you'll be paying. From security fees, cake cutting fees, and bartending fees to taxes, everything is included in their per-person priced packages, and with three packages (silver, gold, and platinum) and a-la carte add-ons, their offering can fit almost any budget and desire. The Allure only becomes comparatively expensive if you're having an extremely small wedding. This is due, primarily, to event minimums. However, given that most full-service venues have some sort of event minimum, unless you're using multiple vendors for food, lighting, tables, chairs, etc. or doing everything yourself, the Allure is still going to be among your best bets financially. Moreover, given the quality and beauty of it's offering, the Allure will almost certainly prove your best value. Perhaps one of the best features of the Allure, aside from its beauty and all-in pricing system, is its provision of event coordinators. The event coordinators were absolutely essential for me, since I was planning my wedding all the way from Belgium in Europe. This made me a rather abnormal bride, who had to attend her tasting over a year in advance and conduct her final planning meeting over the phone. I could not have successfully planned our wedding without Natalie and the other coordinators. They responded professionally, promptly, and courteously. They patiently answered all of my questions, which always came in droves, and gave me honest opinions whenever I asked for them. They built my centerpieces for me, and they even allowed me to ship my centerpiece materials to the venue so that my mother didn't have to make the three hour drive to LaPorte. Moreover, they suggested and worked with my vendors, which saved me a great deal of time and energy. They went above and beyond, and I could not have asked for better service. The wedding and reception both proceeded smoothly on the day itself. The decor was flawless. The hors d'oeuvres were excellent; the salad and main courses were good. The plated meals were served efficiently, and the bartender kept the drinks flowing. We were lucky enough to be able to afford the Allure's platinum package, which included a wonderful open bar. Our guests were incredibly pleased with their high-end drink selections. If I had it to do it all again, I'd choose the Allure every single time.

LOOOOOVE!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Theresa C

I just had my wedding here this past weekend and I can't begin to tell you how amazing it was. From the moment we walked in during our initial consultation, I knew we were in really good hands. Our coordinators, Natalie & Michelle were OUTSTANDING. They really made us feel so... Read More welcome and taken care of. Their coordinator services eliminated the need for me to hire a third party day-of planner. The atmosphere/decor is so unique that you really don't need to do much to gussy the place up. I'm from Chicago and I have YET to see an event space like this. All of my guests still can't stop talking about what an amazing venue we chose. The bridal suite is AWESOME!!! The suite on its own could've sold me on this hall. We had somewhere between 10-25 people in there and still had enough elbow room to breathe as we all got ready. I also love the fact that it is a one-event/night space so you won't have to worry about running into other random guests/brides at your own wedding. Did I mention how affordable this place is?!! If I could do my wedding all over again, I would DEFINITELY choose this place. No regrets..not a single one!!

Service and food sucked...

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Laci U

It is very beautiful, but the food kinda sucked to me and the staff weren't the best to work with. I signed their contract right before they changed it. Our contract stated for a friday night wedding we only needed to have a min of 65 people. They hardly corresponded with us,... Read More then less than 2 weeks before the wedding they told me that we still owed them $3,200. Since they changed their contract to $7700 for friday nights. They argued with me for some time about it, before pulling out the contract to realize I was right. Then they acted upset that they had to honor the contract. They were kind of rude and small things I requested they didnt listen to and threw out the door (like the fact that I didnt want to rush into cutting the cake as soon as we were announced) They said our package came with a coordinator, though we were bugged by the dj, and others all night and she didn't seem to do too much. The wedding party ended up only getting one plate of hor'derbvs all night, and no one was up in the lounge to take our drink orders, so we had to go get our drinks before being announced which kind of ruined the suprise of it. Then the worst was that we paid for 70 people, only about 65 showed up, I informed them as soon as we came in that my dad would be late because he had to drive to chicago to get his gf. When my dad did get in they refused to serve him his dinner and told me they "threw it out because it was cold" a friend had to drive to mcdonalds for us and buy my dad a stinking dinner. They treated us as if they really didnt want us there because we werent spending as much as others do now because of their new contract. It was very aggrivating. And the food had absolutely no flavor, and our meat was terribly dry. As for looks, I'd give them a 5 out of 5. But as for over all experience with the staff and everything 2.5 out of 5. The DJ is what made the night amazing....and the open bar.

Must-Have Reception at the Allure!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Gina F

I cannot say enough how happy i was with The Allure. Just seeing it the first time, i knew that was the place i wanted to have our wedding and it was exactly what we wanted-we could have the ceremony and reception in one place! The process was so much less stressful and so... Read More much more enjoyable for myself and other people helping because the two wedding planners who come with the package are FANTASTIC! They help so much as they make the process as easy as they can for you! The wedding was just how I imagined and the day was perfect and I owe so much to the Allure and the planners there:)

Beautiful, vintage venue

Reviewed on 4/25/2014 Amanda D

The Allure was a great venue. The girls that work there do most of the planning and work for you, which is nice. The food was decent and they had several bar options. There was also a nice ceremony space, but it's pretty expensive. We didn't have a lot of options when it came to... Read More wine, which was really disappointing. We could have made other arrangements but we would have had to pay a lot (on top of an already expensive wedding) and we couldn't take the leftovers home with us. I was shocked by the pricing, but it quickly became evident that the per person price included EVERYTHING--open bar, security, bar tenders, taxes & gratuity, etc. It was definitely worth it not to have to pay an extravagant bar bill at the end of the night!!

The Allure

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Brittnee G

From the very first contact through the day of the wedding everyone that works there were extremely helpful. They answered any and all question we may of had and responded to emails either the same day or by the next day. All we had to do was bring in the supplies for our... Read More centerpieces and show them a picture and they set everything up and at the end of the night boxed everything back up. They helped me with my surprise wedding favors (cotton candy) for my husband. If there is anything you want for the wedding all you have to do is ask and they will find it and give you the info with prices. They are such a sweet group of ladies and you can tell they care so much about the couples day and making sure its everything they dreamed of.The building is beautiful and I would recommend them to anyone who wants something other than a typical banquet hall.

Astounding Venue and Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Alisen H

"Absolutely wonderful"...that is what we heard from our guests the entire night at The Allure. From the logistics of timing and menus, the customer service from Meagan and Jenny was just wonderful and they are truly talented in what they do. Their attention to detail and... Read More flexibility honestly made the entire wedding planning process significantly more enjoyable and less stress-free. The venue speaks for itself and it is such a diamond in the rough that we could not have asked for a more perfect location, ambiance and service. In addition to the space, the food was DELICIOUS. We took part in the cocktail hour option and were very impressed with the quality and variety of options. Likewise, we chose the family-style option for the reception dinner and were extremely impressed with the prompt service and high-quality ingredients used. The bridal suite is also a unique feature that enhanced all of our experiences and is a wonderful option for those brides and/or her bridesmaids who are coming from out of town. We were also thankful for the way that all of our vendors worked perfectly with The Allure. Overall, the quality of food, customer service, and genuine attentive nature of the staff of The Allure made our wedding reception seamless and the night truly perfect; a night we, and our guests, will remember for the rest of our lives!