We don‘t know The Barefoot Gourmet‘s story by heart. Message them to get to know more about their business.
American, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern
Pricing for The Barefoot Gourmet
Curious to learn more?
The Barefoot Gourmet Reviews
5 out of 5.0
Reviewed On 7/14/2019 by Brian N
Holy guacamole! Actually, there was no guac at our wedding, but there were crazy explosions of flavor at all corners. When it first came to choosing a caterer for our wedding, I was somewhat indifferent. I assumed wedding food is more or less t...
he same. With Barry’s cooking, I couldn’t be more wrong. I just wish he had a restaurant near me so I could enjoy his flavors on a regular basis. My mouth is still watering as I think of the potato fritters, lamb kabobs, jerk chicken, mac and cheese . . .
Reviewed On 8/25/2017 by Caitlin H
Barry Clarke of The Barefoot Gourmet is a great chef and a great caterer. To the former point:
- our guests complimented the food profusely, from the to-die-for chocolate chip cookies that we put in welcome bags to the dinner entrees.
patronizes local farms for many of his ingredients, and his meals have a nice farm-to-table feel.
As a caterer, I have even more good things to say:
- Barry is a straight shooter. He accommodated my desires for the event (it was important to me to have a plated dinner, and for the salad course to be served after the first toast), but wasn't a yes-man (kindly correcting some less-good ideas I had). That inspired a lot of confidence.
- He has great contacts in the area, from the town clerk to a terrific cheese person, as well as a bakery that provided the perfect dessert when I decided I didn't want a traditional cake.
- He treated the set-up of a field kitchen with seriousness and military precision. He was clear about his needs and visited our site to make sure he knew what to expect.
- Finally, he was very responsive by email at every step in the process. This was really helpful at the last minute when we were trying to nail down the timing of the reception with the DJ.
I would also recommend Barry's wife Sarah as a coordinator. She was an enormous help; totally competent yet easygoing. What a couple!!
Reviewed On 8/14/2017 by Rachel W
All wedding couples in the NH/VT area considering what caterer to go with - LOOK NO FURTHER! Barry and his team are top of the line. First off, he helped not just with the choice of meals, but also with the lay out of how the day would go. He...
was always super easy to get in touch with and willing to make menu changes pre wedding. We had a buffet, but he also made 1 vegan dish for my close friend.
By far the best wedding food I have ever had - and all my guests kept raving about it even after the day.
Best part - he made sure we were fed through out the evening (had one of his workers tending to only us) and had a to go box for us that we enjoyed that night. Nothing like mac and cheese and ribs with your newlywed in bed while cherishing the night.
Book now :)
Reviewed On 1/16/2017 by Aly D
I cannot thank Barry and his Barefoot Gourmet team enough for keeping all of our guests happily fed throughout our wedding; we received so many compliments on the food! Not only was everything delicious, but it was beautiful as well (edible flo...
wers in the salad!). The entire staff was so friendly and they went out of their way to find us throughout the cocktail hour to make sure we were able to grab a few bites to eat while we were busy with our guests. Barry's expertise made the planning process a breeze and I loved having the opportunity to visit him in Vermont for a tasting. He was prompt to respond to any questions, happy to accommodate any requests, and had wonderful ideas to make our meal unique and complete. You will not be dissapointed by Barefoot Gourmet! Thank you for making our wedding a delicious event to remember!
Reviewed On 10/02/2016 by Julie T
We were beyond happy with the food and service at our wedding! Barry was awesome and even made up a new recipe for us when we requested a pork belly appetizer. Everyone was blown away by the food (months later and people are still talking about...
that meal) and Barry and his staff were very professional and friendly. Food was a big priority for our wedding and there couldn't have been a better choice than Barry! We can't recommend him enough.
Reviewed On 10/01/2016 by Lizzy S
I cannot rave enough of working with Barry at my recent wedding!! The food was beyond delicious and Barry and his team easily fit into the vibe of our event, talking to our guests about the food and his sharing his recipes.