Book Your Wedding with The Barn at Valhalla

A BALLROOM IN CHAPEL HILL, NC

Many couples enjoy celebrating their marriage over an entire weekend. For those in North Carolina, The Barn at Valhalla, located just 10 minutes from Chapel Hill and 30 minutes from Raleigh/Durham, is an ideal location for a weekend of celebration. With lodging options for up to 26 guests, this 30-acre property features a scenic mix of pastures, fields, water and woodlands perfect for a host of spectacular photo opportunities. Blending rusticity and elegance, the structures and landscape create the foundation for a wedding celebration that guests will talk about for years to come.

Polished wood floors, soaring ceilings, exposed beams and romantic wall sconces provide a warm ambiance for wedding receptions in The Barn. Outside on the wraparound deck, guests enjoy beautiful lawn and pond views with romantic strands of Edison lights suspended above.

Upstairs in the Barn, The Loft provides an elegant Bridal Suite, comfy space for the bridal party to get ready, and lodging for up to 18 guests. Notable details include an elegant crystal chandelier, charming vanity, plump chairs and couches, cozy master and bunk beds, and two double shower restrooms. The entire loft and bridal suite were designed and decorated by Pottery Barn while filming their online advertisements.

Located across the bridged walkways, The Lodge contains a more intimate banquet space and a stunning master suite featuring a soaring rock fireplace, sitting area, hot tub, baby grand piano and waterfall wall. The main level also features a sitting room, a full kitchen, dining room, guest room with full bath and a private deck with outdoor furniture. A hidden door leads to the ultimate game room, a convenient place for the groom and groomsmen to entertain themselves pre-wedding or for reception after-parties. This entertainment area offers a wine and beer fridge, poker table, pool table, foosball, darts, putting greens, ping-pong table and an 80” 4K television with PlayStation.

The Barn at Valhalla is unique in the area as it provides you the entire weekend from Friday to Sunday for your dream wedding. You are allowed to arrive anytime on Friday to begin a stress-free set up. Departure time on Sunday is 12:00 PM so feel free to snooze and enjoy provided coffee with your loved ones the morning after your wedding.

The Barn at Valhalla has several gathering locations for each part of your wedding. There is ample room for your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, after party and brunch. The staff at The Barn at Valhalla will work with you to recommend the best location for the different pieces of your event based on your wants, needs, and the expected size of the party.

The Barn at Valhalla offers a blank canvas for couples to personalize. You are welcome to bring your own caterer, decorations, DJ and more. The staff can offer recommendations, but any licensed vendor is welcome. Parties may also bring in their own alcohol for a reception as long as they hire a licensed bartender. A liquor license is required to serve hard alcohol.

Rental parties provide setup for events and the venue breaks down tables, chairs and other property-owned items. The site provides ceremony chairs, reception tables, and ample guest parking. The Barn at Valhalla staff also provides clean up of the entire facility, including bedding.

There is no curfew for wedding receptions, and there are sleeping accommodations available for up to 26 guests when you are ready to end your reception or after party. This includes a luxurious honeymoon suite featuring a waterfall wall, hot tub, fireplace, and large en suite. Sparklers are permitted and a fire is allowed in the Lodge fireplaces, outdoor hearth area, and fire pit. The Gazebo is available for guests to use as desired. It is perfect for small rehearsal dinners or as a backdrop for photos.

In addition to scenic views, comfortable accommodations and plenty of relaxation time, the Barn at Valhalla offers a number of other benefits.

• 150 chairs
  • Tables for at least 150
  • Rehearsal dinner, brunch, and after-party space
  • Overnight accommodations for 26 people, including a Honeymoon Suite
  • Full man cave
  • Over the water gazebo
  • Ample parking for at least 150 vehicles
  • 80” 4K HD 3D Sony TV
  • Heating and air conditioning in all buildings
  • Two portable bars for indoor or outdoor use
  • A state-of-the-art serving kitchen
  • SubZero refrigerators and freezer

Where your event becomes a destination experience!

The Barn at Valhalla is nestled on 30 pristine acres of meadows, pines, and water in Chapel Hill, NC. Although the property is tucked away and private, it remains convenient to Raleigh, Durham, and Greensboro. The secluded site includes a Barn, private Lodge, Gazebo, Hearth Deck, and a lake. With a Friday – Sunday rental option and the ability to accommodate 24 overnight guests, it is unique in the area as a local destination wedding venue. There are numerous indoor and outdoor areas for your rehearsal dinner, brunch, ceremony, and reception. The flexibility of the space and the natural beauty of the meadows, pines, lake, unique Barn, and charming Lodge provide the perfect setting for your most memorable wedding! Let your wedding become a destination experience at The Barn at Valhalla!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn

Destination Weddings

1040 Duffy's Way, Chapel Hill, NC (919) 360-4922

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Amy B

We had our wedding here this past week and it was absolutely perfect! During the planning process, the manager Barbra, was friendly and attentive. I was also able to get detailed information about what the venue provides, which was very helpful when working with my caterer and... Read More other vendors. We had reserved the Lodge at Valhalla as well as the Barn, and had plenty of space for our out of town guests to stay! No one had to get a hotel. They all commented on how nicely decorated and comfortable the accommodations were, not to mention convenient, which made me feel at ease because I had been workin g so hard planning everything, and I really wanted my guests to enjoy themselves. We had the whole property to ourselves for days, it was like a vacation with my favorite people! And the honeymoon suit was to DIE for, there was even a hot tub and rock waterfall just for me and my husband in our suite! Talk about romantic! I also thought the Barn and Lodge was a great value for what we got and the money my guests saved in hotel costs made a difference. The ceremony and reception went flawlessly and I would 100% Have my wedding over again at the Barn at Valhalla!! Maybe we will, 10 year anniversary?!! Thank you Barn at Valhalla! 😄

2017-10-05T13:11:07 Response from the vendor

Hello! I just wanted to reach out and say thank you so much for your kind review! It means the world to us that you enjoyed your wedding weekend. It was an honor to host you! - Carly and Dillon

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Annie M

Booking this venue was the best choice my husband and I made in our wedding planning process. The site is incredibly gorgeous, inside and out, and impeccably decorated. The amount of lovely spaces available within the site made for incredible photographs and allowed us to... Read More throw three lovely and unique events on the property over the course of the weekend. One particular highlight for us was the honeymoon suite and its steam shower and jacuzzi that kept us feeling pampered and relaxed all weekend long. What made this place really special, though, was the owners, Dillon and Carly. They were exceptionally warm, enthusiastic and accommodating. Throughout our 18 month planning process they were very accessible for our myriad of questions and site visits. They gave a resounding yes to every crazy idea we came to them with, including digging holes in the ground for signs and inviting 40 of our nearest and dearest to move in with us for the weekend. They even worked with us to organize the transitions and took care of it for us for a great price. They take such great care of the property and put so much heart into their work, which made it so fun and easy for us for work with them. Upon moving in the place was in spectacular condition and they were there to help us get settled. They didn't leave until we felt confident we could find everything we needed, and remained close by and available if we needed them. Everything went off without a hitch (except for when we destroyed the cake during the cake cutting!) and we owe so much of the magic of the weekend to Carly, Dillon, and The Barn at Valhalla. We got married a week ago, and I"m still getting texts saying " What a magical place that was -let's do it again!" If you're looking to host a stylish and personalized event that's ultra private and highlights the beauty of natural NC, this place can't be beat.

2017-10-29T13:43:22 Response from the vendor

Annie, I have told you once and I will say it again...you are such a joy! What a sweet, thoughtful, and kind review! Reviews like this make me smile so much. You were a pleasure to work with during every interaction we had leading up... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Heidi L

Literally, every one should get married here. It's like having three venues in one--The Lodge, The Barn , The Gazebo and so much land! You can literally customize your day and Barb, Carly and Dillon will help you do it! It's a perfect intimate spot that you and your guests will... Read More love. AND because you can have everything right there, you can actually enjoy more time with your guests instead of getting in and out of a car to shuffle from one place to the next. Everything was perfect and I'd book the place again in a heartbeat! Good luck brides and grooms!

2017-10-05T13:12:00 Response from the vendor

Aw, you are too sweet! Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to write this review!! And thanks for choosing The Barn!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jessica T

Couldn't have asked for more! I will remember this day for the rest of my life & it was absolutely worth it!

2017-10-29T13:44:41 Response from the vendor

Jessica, Thank you SO MUCH for this review!! It means so much to us that your wedding was everything you wanted it to be. You are so sweet! Thank you! - The Barn at Valhalla Team

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Bridger R

The Barn at Valhalla was the absolute perfect venue for our late summer evening wedding! Carly and Dillon, the owners, along with the venue manager were incredibly accommodating and made our wedding weekend an absolute pleasure! The grounds at the Barn are gorgeous (hello... Read More awesome pictures!) and incredibly well kept and having the option to also rent the Lodge (which we did) was amazing! The bridal party, along with the parents of the bride, were able to spend the entire weekend on the property which made for a hassle free and relaxing wedding weekend! I highly highly recommend this venue for your wedding celebration! I could not be happier with our choice and will cherish every minute we spent at the Barn at Valhalla! Thanks for making the best day of our lives truly magical!

2017-10-29T13:46:40 Response from the vendor

Bridger, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I truly appreciate it! You were such a beautiful bride and I'm so happy that your wedding was everything you wanted it to be. That makes me so happy! Thanks, girl! -... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Danielle V

This venue is amazing. Beautiful scenery, easy to work with and everything you need in one spot. Our wedding was amazing and the ease of the bridal party (and anyone else that needed) being able to stay on site was so great. There was plenty of room between the loft, extra space... Read More in the house for air mattresses if needed and people could even camp on the grounds if they wanted with no added cost! Bonus is you get it the whole weekend, and you're not trying to set up and tear down all on your wedding day. We were able to set up the day before, enjoy our wedding and teardown the next day. Zero stress. If you are looking for a stress free, beautiful venue, look no further. This is your spot.

2017-10-23T07:28:11 Response from the vendor

Danielle, Thank you so SO much for writing us a review! I truly can't say thanks enough for taking the time to do this. I am so glad that you had a wonderful wedding at The Barn. That is our goal!! Also, your photos are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Hannah L

The Barn at Valhalla was the most amazing and special venue for our wedding. The location is breathtaking, from the fields to the pond to the buildings themselves. When we learned that there were sleeping quarters included, we knew it was a perfect fit. We were able to host our... Read More entire wedding party at the venue, so that it truly felt like an experience, from getting ready to dancing to morning coffee. The staff and owners made us feel so welcome and taken care of. They've truly created a unique venue and experience that I would recommend to anyone.

2017-10-10T13:01:39 Response from the vendor

Hey Hannah! You are so sweet! Thank you for leaving us a review! That means a lot to us. We love hosting great couples like y'all! I'm so glad that I've gotten to spend more time with you at Tuesdays Together. Hope to see you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Shoshana G

We rented out the entire venue for our wedding in April 2017, and it was absolutely perfect. First off, the venue is GORGEOUS--it was amazing to find a waterside venue with the perfect laid back (but not TOO casual)/ mountain lodge (but not TOO gimicky) vibe in Chapel Hill.... Read More The size and variety of the space also made it possible for us to host the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception in different locations throughout the weekend, which saved us a ton of time/money/headaches in additional coordination (and coordination costs). And having the venue for the whole weekend not only made things SO much easier, but it also made the weekend feel way more special. Even though we live 15 minutes away in Chapel Hill, being able to stay at the venue (above the Barn) the night before with my bridesmaids, and then elsewhere (in the Lodge) with my husband the night of, made it feel like a luxurious weekend away. It was also great to be able to keep the party going late on both Friday and Saturday, without having to worry about being kicked out or the lights turned on. Staff wise, they were also fantastic. Leading up the event, we exclusively worked with Barbara, and she was super responsive and helpful, and great at letting us come by the venue throughout the planning process (e.g. to show our parents around, hold walk-throughs with vendors, etc). We didn't meet Carly and Dillon (the owners) until the wedding weekend itself, but they both seemed lovely, and even did all the clean-up on Sunday! The one thing I will say is that the venue is very DIY, meaning that other than chairs/tables, it's up to you to find catering, alcohol, linens, tents/additional lighting, etc. For us, this was absolutely fine, and in fact was why we chose the Barn in the first place--we wanted a venue that was highly customizable and allowed us to bring in our own vendors. But for those who are looking for a full service venue, or who don't want to spend time or energy looking for lots of vendors, this might not be the place for you (though having a well-skilled coordinator will definitely help--we used C&D events, and they pretty much single handedly ensured that everything went off without a hitch).

2017-10-05T13:15:34 Response from the vendor

Wow! What a thoughtful review. Seriously, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us. It really means a lot as we continue to grow our business. I'm so glad y'all were happy with us and The Barn. Please come... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Sarah F

The Barn at Vahallia is a wonderful setting for your wedding. Even though we chose not to use all of the facilities, they do offer bedrooms and a house where your wedding party can stay. The only thing that I would warn is if your wedding is more than 90 people, you may want to... Read More choose a larger venue or be sure to rent both the barn and the house. We had 95 guests. We held the ceremony outside, which was beautiful with the pond in the background, but it was hard to fit all of our guests in the barn for the reception. In the end we rented a small tent to add space. If you rent the house as well, dinner could be set up in the barn/house and the dance floor in the other. Also, it took a while to get our deposit back (well over a month). All in all, it is a gorgeous setting and the perfect place for an all-inclusive, small (90-100 people) wedding.

2017-10-05T13:22:22 Response from the vendor

Hey there! Thank you so much for your review! I truly appreciate you taking the time to write it. It means so much to us as we continue to grow our business!! Thank you! I also wanted to apologize about the delay in returning your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Louise P

Goodness, where even to start! Having our wedding at The Barn at Valhalla was absolutely lovely. From our first visit until the Sunday after the wedding, Barbara, Dillon and Carly were the best to work with. They were so flexible in helping us find the PERFECT ceremony spot... Read More (those woods are magical!), they made sure we had everything we needed, and were truly invested in Joel, myself, and our families as people, as opposed to just clients. Having the barn and the lodge for the whole weekend was such a treat - Friday night was a relaxed rehearsal dinner, and all the bridal party stayed at the site for the weekend. It made things so special to have dear family and friends all in one place. We can't recommend this place too much - it's absolutely stunning, it's the perfect place to foster togetherness, our guests had the best time, and our celebration was so sweet. Thank you, Barbara, Carly and Dillon, for taking care of us so well! We couldn't have wanted things any other way.

2017-10-05T13:24:52 Response from the vendor

Awww, you are so incredibly sweet! Thank you, thank you for taking the time to write this review for us! You have no idea how much we appreciate when people actually sit down and take the time to write these. I am so glad you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Carol S

My daughter's Winter Wedding last year at the Barn was perfect! Barb was fabulous to work with and made the planning process a breeze. Carly and Dillon, the owners, truly want to make your EXACT wedding vision a reality! The entire property was like "our home" for the... Read More weekend. We wouldn't have changed a thing. The Barn is a true gem for your special day!

2017-10-05T13:55:57 Response from the vendor

I just wanted to reach out and say thank you for writing this review! It means so much to us that you would take the time to write it! I'm so glad you enjoyed your daughter's wedding. We hope you will come back to The... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jonathan K

WOW! The Barn at valhalla in chapel hill N.C. What a beautiful way to complement our wonderful state! My wife and I, Jessica and Jonathan Kalanarhos got married at this venue 9-9-17. The options at this venue are endless! You are not restricted by any means for creativity as... Read More every inch of this venue was extraordinary! The Barn comes with all the bells and whistles classy dish wear and silverware to the decrative library and out of this world man cave and hot-tub. They have all the tables and chairs for your ceremony and reception. Style of round rectangle or square to fit any dream exactly how you dreamed it. They have really nice folding ( white chairs) to complement an elegant wedding as well. Everything was so easy to get to without any issues. An extremely spacious venue but not over whelming. There is a great staff that will assist you with any of your needs or concerns. They are dedicated to making sure your special day is all you ever wanted. They went above and beyond for my wife and I. Great Americans! Extremely friendly and sincere. This venue sits right beside a beautiful lake. And softest grass you will ever put your feet on. Eligant! I cannot say it enough. The joy and expierence you will have is litterally breath taking. Its worth every penny!

2017-10-05T13:57:41 Response from the vendor

Jonathan, you are the best! Thank you, thank you for writing us a review! I'm so glad that we've continued our friendship after y'all's wedding! I'm so glad that you and Jessica were happy with the venue. That makes my heart happy! See you soon,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Alex F

For our wedding, this was the perfect venue. Dillon and Carly (the owners) are very nice, very helpful, were insistent on being there when we arrived and help setup things as much as they could. I feel like anything we wanted they would have done happily. They really wanted us... Read More to have the best weekend possible. We loved the autonomy we were given. Basically, here is a beautiful venue with a lot space, gazebo, tables, etc - do whatever you want them, just try not break anything. We had a lot of Indian ceremonies, so having the venue for the whole weekend was perfect for all the events. Being able to stay on site with a lot of family also helped with organizing and setting up all these events. The suite for the bride and groom is ridiculously cool. I just wish we had more hot tub and relaxing time. Misc: for events over a certain size they need you to have a portapotty as backup as they’re on septic, that was ~$150ish. They also require wedding insurance through their provider at BB&T which was ~$400, apparently it’s tailored for the wedding but also to cover the people staying on site over the weekend. They have some preferred vendors, but allow you to use whoever which is great because some other venues we were looking at required you to use their specific vendor which is also owned by them and was always much more expensive.

2017-10-05T14:06:10 Response from the vendor

I just wanted to hop on here and say THANK YOU for writing us this review! You are the best! We truly appreciate you taking the time to sit down and write this. It was so thoughtful and I think it will be really informative... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Jessica B

We recently got married at the Barn at Valhalla and could not have been more happy with choosing this venue for our wedding. We booked the Barn and Lodge Thursday through Sunday for our Saturday wedding and hosted our international and out-of-town guests on site for the weekend.... Read More Having the space to keep our family and friends close to us throughout the weekend was amazing. We definitely used the venue to its fullest - we had our rehearsal dinner in the lodge (~30 people), the wedding outside on the grounds (~90 people), the cocktail on the barn deck (~90 people), dinner inside the barn (~55 people), and a brunch the day after the wedding on the hearth deck (~30 people). Barbara, Dillon, and Carly were all extremely kind and helpful in the months and days leading up to the wedding, and willing to work with us to make all of our wedding dreams a reality. We really believe that second to its charm and beauty, the best part about booking the Barn at Valhalla is the ability to turn your wedding day into a wedding weekend and extend the time you have to enjoy every moment of this special time. We were able to set up the day before and clean up the day after, eliminating the need to worry about stopping the party to pack up and leave before midnight. We 100% would recommend hosting your wedding at the Barn at Valhalla.

2017-10-05T14:11:53 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the 100% recommendation, Jessica! When we started this business three and half years ago, we were so nervous about making everything perfect for our couples. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed it. It truly means so much to us, thank you!!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Persis S

I can honestly say that The Barn at Valhalla was my absolute favorite vendor to work with! My husband and I chose the Barn at Valhalla for our wedding almost a year before our Dec 10 date. We were looking for a Barn that fit both of our needs--rustic yet elegant. And the Barn... Read More was perfect! One of the greatest things about the barn is the ability to have it the whole weekend! That's huge! The price is probably a bit higher than most venues, but it's well worth it. You don't have to rush and worry about setting up or breaking down because you get ample time. We also elected to rent the lodge, and we are so glad we did! The lodge includes a beautiful bridal suite that my husband and I enjoyed for the magical weekend. With renting the lodge, we also were able to allow all of our immediate family to stay the whole weekend with us. So no one in our immediate family had to rent hotels or motels. That's a huge plus! The lodge also provided a separate space for the groom and his groomsman to get ready. The basement game room was also a hit with the kids who were in our wedding party. We also hosted our rehearsal dinner in the lodge, which was amazing! Other things to highlight include the many beautiful areas to take pictures. Our couples pictures from the wedding were taken in the field in front of the barn, and the pictures look magical! Unfortunately, the pond was pretty green for our December wedding, so we didn't utilize it for pictures, but I can imagine how gorgeous it looks in the Spring and Summer. I visited the barn several times before our actual wedding day, which isn't always possible at other venues. However, the manager (Barbara) is excellent and understands a Bride's need to plan!!!! And each time we went to the barn there was a new upgrade or new furniture. It always looked better than before! It truly felt like we had a destination wedding! All of our family and friends thanked us for choosing such a beautiful location! And who knows, we may have our 10-year anniversary here :) I have the most beautiful pictures and memories from the barn! This was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!! I highly recommend! Thank you for such a great weekend!!

2017-10-05T14:15:25 Response from the vendor

Persis, you KNOW how much I love all of the photos from your wedding! You should honestly get into wedding planning as your career! Everything was so stunning and UNIQUE. It was so fun to have a winter wedding with so much color. I loved... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/16/2016

The Barn at Valhalla made my job as mother of the bride easy! As a mom, you want everything to be perfect for your daughter. The venue and the staff made that possible! The venue was flexible with arrival time the day before and their multiple day rental made it so much less... Read More stressful because we had plenty of time to get things just how we wanted. I’ve never heard of a venue providing that extra time. On top of that, the venue was gorgeous! There were so many beautiful areas on the property (inside and out) that the guests couldn’t get enough of. Pottery Barn decorated the entire venue and each room is so beautiful! No detail is overlooked. I’m so glad my daughter chose The Barn at Valhalla! I was one happy Mom!

2017-10-05T14:16:29 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet!! Thank you, thank you for your kind words! I'm glad that your daughter's wedding was a wonderful experience. She looked stunning, by the way! Thank you! - Carly and Dillon

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Marshall B

beautiful, peaceful place to gather with family and friends to truly celebrate.

2017-10-05T14:17:17 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for writing us a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at The Barn! We hope you will come back and see us again! - Carly and Dillon

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 David B

Incredible venue. I could not have been more pleased. The owners were amazing. Easy to work with and knowledgeable. It was no problem to make changes. I give it 5 plus stars and a check plus smiley face!

2017-10-05T14:18:56 Response from the vendor

That is my first check plus smiley face and I love it! Haha. Thank you so much! I'm glad that you had such a great experience at The Barn. That's exactly what we are aiming for. - Carly and Dillon

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Hunter O

The Barn at Valhalla was such an amazing place to have my wedding! The barn is so naturally beautiful that it really doesn't require much more décor, but at the same time it is easily customizable with whatever theme or look you desire for your wedding. It is also a lovely bonus... Read More that it has air conditioning, which was much appreciated for our hot June wedding. We also used the lodge for our wedding weekend, which made it like a destination wedding without the stress of actually planning from really far away. It really made the whole weekend that much better (and less stressful) that we could stay the night with our wedding party from Friday to Sunday. With the boys getting ready in the man cave in the lodge and the girls having the entire upstairs to the barn for ourselves, it was really just the perfect setup. Everyone at the barn is so easy to work with and they really do everything they can to make your day exactly how you dream it!

2017-10-05T14:20:19 Response from the vendor

Hunter, thank you so much for your review! You are so sweet to take the time to write us one. You looked so beautiful and HAPPY. I know that you two are meant for one another. Excited to see you again soon! - Carly and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

My sister got married at the Barn at Valhalla last month. It was such a beautiful and wonderful experience. We were able to be on the property from Friday-Sunday. It was so nice to be able to stay at the venue the night before and the night of the wedding. The barn was... Read More beautifully furnished and the bridesmaids had more than enough space to get ready for the day of the wedding! The main house was a great event space for the rehearsal dinner and a cool place for the groomsmen to hang out and get ready before the ceremony. The property as a whole made this weekend so special for my sister and our entire family. The lawn was the perfect backdrop for the wedding ceremony and wedding photos. Having dinner in the tent was a great addition to the party space in the barn. Again, I cannot say enough about how awesome it was to not have to travel for any part of the wedding weekend. The owners were extremely helpful and definitely added to everyone's positive experience!! I did not want the weekend to end because I did not want to leave this beautiful property!

2017-10-05T14:21:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I truly appreciate you doing that for us and helping us to grow our business. It means so much! - Carly and Dillon

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Brigitte D

We had our wedding at The Barn at Valhalla two weeks ago and everything about our day was perfect! One of my favorite things about the barn is that we were able to see the amazing upgrades and work that the owners put into the barn. We booked the barn over a year before our... Read More wedding, so every time we looked at pictures/visited the site new things were updated (like the speakeasy and the Gazebo). Each time we saw the venue it got better and better!! Something that sets the barn apart from other venues is that we had access to the venue for the whole weekend (Friday-Sunday) which was wonderful for setting up. We used the house at the barn for our rehearsal dinner and the space was perfect for a family dinner (of about 60 people) . Our families could not stop commenting on how beautiful the venue and the surrounding grounds were. Another major advantage is that our entire bridal party was able to sleep at the house and above the barn the night before and the night of the wedding which saved everyone from having to book a separate hotel! We had our ceremony by a tree on the grounds and the property manager had no problem cutting the grass to fit our ceremony site perfectly. We rented a tent which attached nicely to the barn and had our tables for the reception under the tent. We had our dancing and other details in the barn, which was a perfect set up. During cocktail hour we utilized the hearth which was perfect because our guests were able to explore the grounds and not be too confined to one space. So much was included at the barn that booking it as our venue was a must! We could not be happier about our wedding location and would recommend The Barn at Valhalla to friends and anyone looking for an awesome venue!

2017-10-05T13:13:04 Response from the vendor

I just wanted to comment and let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! It means the world to us. You have no idea! Thank you and I'm so happy that you were happy with the venue!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Dawn G

Just had my daughter’s wedding at the Barn of Valhalla, and although the barn and grounds were beautiful, we are very unhappy with the management. When we arrived on Friday, November 6th, it was quite warm outside. We noticed immediately the air conditioning was not working... Read More properly upstairs. We called management right away, and were assured that a service person would arrive by the next morning. First, you would think that since we paid $4500, they would be on top of any problems IMMEDIATELY! But we waited—and after suffering a hot and humid night, we called again in the morning. The wedding party was trying to get ready and it had started raining. It was very hot and steaming upstairs. Hairdo’s failed, makeup ran, and people suffered. The poor photographer about had a heat stroke! Still not a word from management! Another detail….the outside decorative lights did not work; that was part of the appeal of the place. We waited a few days to see if anyone would contact us about these issues, but sadly no one has…In my opinion this is no way to run a business! Also a word of caution for future brides—check dates to see what’s going on in Chapel Hill before you book. We happened to book over homecoming weekend, and motel rates skyrocketed….traffic was a disaster! Many of our guests could not come because of this; I wish management would have been forthcoming... But I take partial blame for this. Overall, it’s a lovely property, just be cautious! I feel like once they have your money, you’re forgotten.

2016-11-15T16:02:26 Response from the vendor

Posted by Dawn on Google reviews: “I recently posted an unflattering review of the Barn of Valhalla--I spoke in frustration and I realize that unforseen circumstances can and will happen. The Barn did everything they could to make it right. I DO recommend the Barn... Read Less Read More

Beautiful location!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Sarah H

I loved the Barn at Valhalla! I got so many compliments on how beautiful it was, and I enjoyed having a secluded place. It was great to book the location for Friday-Sunday, for about the same price you would pay for 8 hours at a banquet hall! I did hear, however, that the price... Read More went up about $1000 since we booked it last year. I'm not certain we would have felt it was as good of a value if it were a higher price. We did have an issue where we were confirmed to stay at the Barn until 3pm on Sunday because we had scheduled brunch, and the manager booked the next party to arrive at noon. She said she would push it to later and be there for the transition, but they arrived at noon and did not know we would be there until 3, and she was nowhere to be seen. Additionally, there is a good inventory of major items like tables, chairs, etc, but other items like pots and pans for the kitchen, enough blankets for the pull out beds, and other smaller items were difficult to find or not available at all. We had to overpack for a lot of things because we just didn't know if it would be available. Lastly, and this wasn't an issue for me, but may be for other brides, if you use the stone hearth for the ceremony, there is no back entrance, so you cannot walk down an aisle. You enter from the front, so the bridge is your aisle.

2016-11-15T15:30:01 Response from the vendor

Hey Sarah! I’m so glad that you received compliments on the venue and that you enjoyed having a Friday-Sunday rental! I'm also glad that you "loved the Barn at Valhalla!" We love it too. However, I’m so sorry that you had a few concerns! As... Read Less Read More

BEST VENUE !!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015

We had our wedding this past weekend at The Barn at Valhalla and can't say enough about the beauty of this venue!! The value of getting this venue for the entire weekend was incredible!! They have sleeping for 18 on the second floor so our family was able to enjoy staying... Read More there for the weekend (and this is included in price!). Just wonderful - made our day that much more special!!

2017-10-05T14:34:26 Response from the vendor

I just wanted to write you a little message to say thank you for leaving this review! You were one of our first reviews on The Knot and it means so much you took the time to write it. Thank you! - Carly and Dillon

Carly and Dillon Manship

We are Carly and Dillon Manship, the owners of The Barn at Valhalla. Dillon and I didn't try to find a wedding venue. It found us! We were searching for a house to buy and found The Lodge. To our surprise, it came with a venue. Before we knew it, we quit our other jobs to work full time at The Barn! We are newlyweds and know how exciting but stressful wedding planning can be. That's why we strive to be flexible and accommodating whenever possible. I am the primary contact person for The Barn. It is truly my pleasure to answer any questions you have along the way! -Carly