Beautiful & Memorable Cakes, Pies & Desserts

My goal is to offer beautiful, artisan weddings and celebration cakes, pies & other desserts to Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Coming from a family of pie-makers I love to create new & exciting flavors in addition to tried & true family favorites. The Bashful Tarte offers a full selection of not only stunning wedding cakes to delight your guests, but also pies, cookies, bars, cupcakes and more! You've dreamed of every tiny detail and The Bashful Tarte has collected the very best of every cake recipe to make certain that not only is your wedding cake stunning and elegant, but so delicious your guests will be talking about it for years to come. Allow the Bashful Tarte to put the sweet exclamation point on your beautiful day.

New Location Coming Soon!, Harwich, MA Cape Cod & Islands (774) 209-1427

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Liz R

Sara was absolutely amazing to work with! We had a very unique idea for both our wedding cake and cupcakes and she was patient and helpful every step of the way. The wedding cake tasted out of this world and was moist (even when we had the leftovers at our brunch the next day).... Read More Seriously - we had so many compliments on how gorgeous and flavorful the cake and cupcakes were. Plus, the prices were reasonable. The best part about Sara was that she was just as excited about our cake as we were :)

2017-11-09T12:55:41 Response from the vendor

Liz!!! Thank you SO much for allowing me to be a part of your beautiful day! This cake was pure fun to design with you. It was so unique to the history you and Jake share...what a collaboration. The details on the nautical maps, rope... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/18/2017

It was a delight to work with Sara, owner/designer of The Bashful Tarte Bakery in Harwich, MA for the wedding cake and dessert bar for our August wedding. My fiance and I had several ideas/themes in mind when we met with her. She is reasonable priced, friendly, accessible,... Read More responsive and was able to translate our input into an artistic, stunning and whimsical wedding cake. We highly recommend her! My fiance and I and our guests were "Wowed", and the dessert bar and wedding cake were delicious!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Paige P

Sara and the whole Bashful Tarte team were a dream to work with. Even though our wedding, and therefore our cake, was tiny, she treated us like royalty. We had the best time tasting all of her cakes, and landed on the chocolate, prosecco (to die for) and the carrot cake for... Read More my husband. Our cake was such a sweet, simple little beauty.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Cassandra W

My mother and I met ‘The Bashful Tarte’ at a wedding show last fall. We attended in honor of my daughter, the bride. It was love at first taste of their delicious mini cupcakes!! We promptly booked them for the wedding cake. My daughter’s sampling appointment I was able to catch... Read More on video...she was also in love. The wedding cake was wonderful and enjoyed by all. So much so that we hired The Bashful Tarte again this spring to make my daughter’s baby shower cake. It was AMAZING!! The art of the appearance was perfect and everyone raved about. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Roxanne S

Sarah made my dream of a wedding cake become reality . She was so professional and gave me exactly what I needed for my special day . The cake was not only beautiful, it tasted heavenly!!! My family and I loved it . Thank you Sarah! We will be back for more .

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Angelique D

Sara is absolutely AMAZING! Not only is she the sweetest but she makes the most beautiful deserts and cakes. Our guests were raving about the macaroons and mini canolis. She did a unique marbleized design on our wedding cake and it was more than what I could have dreamt up!... Read More Hands down best to work with!

Sara Sneed

The Bashful Tarte began as Sorelle Pie Bakery of Kansas City in 2011.  I opened my pie bakery as a dream venture, but my family relocated to my husband's family home here on Cape Cod and... Voila! The Bashful Tarte was created!  However, it really all originated with my grandmothers and my mother; Virginia, Helen, and Karen.  Their delicious, comfort-style cuisine is the foundation for all of my desserts, paired with a beautiful artisan flair. My wedding cake designs are frequently inspired by brides and grooms themselves as each cake is as unique as the couple...