The Berry Hill Resort

South Boston, VA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Make it special. Make it Berry Hill.

Imagine a place steeped in the charm of Colonial history. The Berry Hill Resort with its luxurious accommodations, world-class cuisine and modern amenities, will provide the perfect backdrop for your wedding day. It's your big day, make it special. Make it Berry Hill.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

3105 River Road, South Boston, VA

The perfect setting

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Brandi L

Berry Hill Resort was the perfect setting for our wedding. Everything was beautiful and it made for gorgeous pictures. The onsite wedding coordinator, Rhonda, and her staff went out of their way to make everything perfect for us and our guests. In large part Rhonda read our... Read More minds and anticipated our needs before we could.

Gorgeous Venue!

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Amber F

This was my first pick for a venue, but I didn't think I could work it into my budget and still be able to invite everyone I wanted to. Well, after over at least a month of searching, I talked to Rhonda (the wedding coordinator at Berry Hill) and she worked out a budget that... Read More settled right into my budget, and we were able to serve everyone a plated dinner consisting of a sirloin steak, idaho and sweet potatoes, grilled asparagus, a delicious salad as a starter with rolls at every table! It was perfect! I believe in the final cost I went over budget by about $64, but I count that an accomplishment considering all the people I had growing the guest list for me! We hit a little snag in the planning when Rhonda called and told me she had accidentally scheduled a rehearsal for the same time in the same place as my wedding, but she worked it out and gave me an extra perk by allowing anyone to be present for our hour of hor dourves. Over all I was very satisfied with the location and the service, and I am glad I didn't settle elsewhere in all of my searching for the perfect venue!

Beautiful wedding spot and very easy to work with!

Reviewed on 4/11/2011 Samantha R

We loved Berry Hill! It is beautiful and there staff is very accommodating. It is a little on the expensive side but I believe it was worth it. The food was EXCELLENT!!! And so much of it that no one went home hungry, they actually gave me some to take up to our room. They... Read More had a chief there that made the food, no buffet lines which I HATE!!! Of course you could have a buffet but it was so nice having a chef there. Overall it was a great experience and the hotel was very accommodating and very close so no one had to rent a car (almost all our guests were from out of state).

2011-09-15T12:11:21 Response from L, the member

Out of curiosity, since you mentioned you are under your $10,000 budget, how many guests do you have?

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Caskie W

Great experience. Rhonda was so fabulous to work with and did such a great job of helping us make sure that all the events ran smoothly for the weekend. She even stepped in as bartender to make sure the party went on! The food was amazing and they were so great with all the... Read More changes and special requests we had. Loved having our wedding here and being able to spend the weekend with our family on such a beautiful property

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Jessica G

I fell in love with Berry Hill before we ever visited. After we met with Rhonda and toured the property, I knew there was no turning back. Rhonda was so easy to work with- always quick to respond to my emails, thoroughly answering all of my questions each time. No detail was... Read More overlooked on our wedding day thanks to Rhonda! Our guests are still talking about the delicious food and the beauty of the property- even in February. Most ceremonies at Berry Hill are outdoors, but Rhonda and her team did an exceptional job flipping the banquet room during our cocktail hour from ceremony to reception venue. Exceeded all expectations! :)

Great place to stay.

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Nicole B

Guests loved the rooms

the litte things

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Nancy P

While the over all reception was spectacular there were many details that were forgotten. For example we had requested sparkling cider as well as champagne and it wasn't available. There was not as much follow through as there should have been.

TO The Berry Hill Resort