The Best Wedding for You

Planning weddings in San Diego, Palm Springs, Los Angeles an

Making your Wedding Less Stressful & More Fun!

Weddings can be a lot of fun to plan but overwhelming! It is almost impossible these days to plan your wedding and still be able to enjoy it. With an expert by your side, you will be able to relax and enjoy your celebration with confidence! Planning weddings in San Diego, Palm Springs, Los Angeles and Hawaii!

Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

11246 Moranda Ct, San Diego, CA Planning weddings in San Diego, Palm Springs, Los Angeles an (858) 775-4543

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Andrea M

Julie is INCREDIBLE!!!! I was referred to her and her husband (Elite British DJ) by a family friend who had them at their wedding. Luckily I snatched them up before they got booked as i know they are in high demand. If you think you don't need a wedding planner...think again!... Read More Even if its just for the month of. Julie is worth every penny. I can not say enough good things about Julie. I got married on a military base and she was so knowledgeable about the rules and regulations. Julie is so sweet, professional, and a joy to work with. On the day of my wedding Julie made sure everything ran smoothly. If there were any problems I never knew because Julie took care of it. From day one Julie said on the day of the wedding her job was to make sure the bride did not have to worry or stress about anything and i didn't. I would like to explain and give an example of just how sweet Julie is. I had my reception on a military base which started at 6 pm. Since it was a military base there are certain rules, one being you are not allowed to start setting up until 2 hours before. My wedding ceremony was at a church at 2 pm and the church had a wedding planner so i did not need Julie at the church (also she had a lot to do to get ready for my reception). When I pulled up to the church, guess who was standing there....Julie! She came to the church and surprised me! Like i said Julie is the best of the best and if you are able to book her before someone else does you wont regret it.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Meghan B

I literally cannot thank Julie enough for all that she did. I hired her for month of and even before that month started she was there for any little or big questions or for any advice that I needed. She is very professional and helped make the process much smoother than I could... Read More have ever imagined. The wedding day went so smooth, we used her husband as our DJ as well and it was just absolutely perfect, they are a dynamite team and both helped to make our day amazing. I highly recommend her services!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Megan H

Where do I even begin with Julie! Without her my wedding would have been an overwhelming experience. But thanks to her the wedding planning and wedding went off without a hitch! She was with us every step of the way, helping any way that she could. Julie you are the best I can't... Read More even begin to thank you enough!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Carly R

I was referred to Julie by my venue contact and it was the best referral I got during all of my vendor searches. Julie is a rock star! I have worked events for years and I know how hard it can be juggling entire events and timelines and trying to stay calm through it all. She... Read More did an amazing job with it all. From the moment we met she was on top of everything. She is very well organized and she really knows what she is doing and how to make the most of your wedding time since it flies by. If you're second guessing having a coordinator, don't, it is the best money I have ever spent and I would choose Julie time after time. My family loved her too! Keep doing what you're doing Julie! You made my husband and I's wedding unforgettable.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Bernadette C

Julie is simply the best at what she does. She was my lifeline during my wedding planning. She is very professional and responds in a timely manner. She took away a lot of the stress and sends me reminders on the tasks I need to do and I never felt pressured. Since she's... Read More been in the business for years, she knows a lot of vendors as well familiar with many different venues in San Diego. Our wedding went without a hitch (at least none that I knew of that were life altering) and I felt zero stress the day of. She went above and beyond the call of duty. She even made me a toss bouquet :). The only thing I had to worry on our big about was me not tripping in front of everyone and saying the right words. I highly recommend Julie as your wedding planner. I promise you won't be disappointed! While you're at it, take the time to look into hiring her husband, Mick, as your DJ.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jackie V

Julie was amazing! We had good, and prompt, communication whether in person, phone, or email. I thought it was cool that one of our meetings we used face time, and saved the drive. If there was a crisis that day, I never found out about it. I didn't get questions or comments... Read More from vendors, which was awesome! While I was getting ready in my suite, more than one sibling/BM, who aren't afraid to hold back opinions, praised her hard work, and said you can tell she knew what she was doing, and that the venue was looking well prepped. She was excellent in keeping things moving along smoothly and in a timely manner. She controlled the food stations to avoid bottle necking, cued the DJ for what was next, made sure gifts, and anything going back was handled, and that all that needed to be done so that we get our security deposit back was taken care of. Because, if cleaning up after your own wedding isn't a buzz kill, I don't know what is! I wasn't sure at first if having a coordinator was worth part of the budget. Seriously, the day went by too fast, to have to deal with logistics and vendors the day of. I am so glad we chose to invest in our sanity during the planning process, have her guidance & expertise,, and be able to fully enjoy our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Tracy M

Julie is the best. She helped relieve so much stress with wedding planning! I used Julie for the month of. I HIGHLY recommend this even if you plan your entire wedding. She coordinated with each vendor the arrival times. This was extremely helpful to me because I work... Read More full-time and also raising a 10 month old baby. She is so easy going and she is completely organized. She warms my little OCD heart. She also referred her husband Elite British DJ. She works well with all the vendors and all the vendors love her. She is great at her job and she is great and making your special day absolutely perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Connie E

We are so very grateful we used Julie for our wedding coordinator. She was knowledgeable, friendly and personable. She knew all the questions to ask that we hadn't even thought of. And for the wedding, she allowed me, the Mother of the Bride, just to enjoy the moment,... Read More making sure everything ran smoothly. By the end of the evening we felt she was part of the family. We are very grateful for all her hard work and thoughtfulness.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 James S

Julie did a wonderful for our wedding! Julie and her husband Mick make a wonderful team and made our wedding super fun, as well as very smooth. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Brittany K

We really can't thank Julie enough for orchestrating the most amazing, perfect wedding day we ever could have imagined!!! We came from in out of town to do an intimate elopement ceremony on the beach. From the moment I contacted her, (about a year before our big day) Julie... Read More really listened to my vision and was immediately putting in work to make it happen! She was VERY responsive and detailed with several emails back and forth over the course of a year, phone calls, giving us info and contacting different vendors, and best of all.. showing us the home away app and suggesting renting a beach house instead of staying in a hotel... which turned out to be the greatest idea EVER!!! Saying our vows at that private, intimate location was so amazing and it definitely would not have been the same experience had we done it somewhere else! On the day of our wedding Julie was SO on top of it! In addition to all her wedding coordinator duties, she also somehow managed to pull off babysitter/nanny duties and keep both of our boys happy and help hold it together when they started having one of their melt downs haha ;) We were a little worried going into it, not having any family there to help out but as it turns out we had nothing to worry about because Julie handled it all... and all with an amazing, calm demeanor and smile on her face! A thank you doesn't seem like enough to say how truly grateful we are for all she did to help give us the most special day of our family's life that we will always treasure.❤️ Julie is truly a master at what she does and I gladly recommend her to anyone looking to do a wedding in the San Diego area! Thank you, Julie for everything!!! - Brittany and Dave (Landon + Parker too!) :)

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Caitlin D

Julie was absolutely amazing! I honestly don't know how we could've put together our wedding without her. She is so pleasant to work with, never stressed us out, and was on top of anticipating everything, including little details I would have never thought of. She was very... Read More responsive, even months before the wedding, and was super helpful in helping us make decisions since she's seen it all. And on the day of the wedding she kept everything running smoothly so that the day went perfectly! Overall would highly recommend Julie to anyone planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Rosalind D

Julie's services were hands down the most important of all the vendors we used. Even though we booked her for "month of/day of", Julie was very helpful in assisting us with many of the planning details early on--making many helpful suggestions, answering countless emails, and... Read More meeting with us several times. Once the date grew near she took over all the vendors and pulled everything together seamlessly. The wedding day was magical and went without a hitch, thanks to Julie. She is an experienced professional and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend her without reservation.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Caitlin V

We found Julie when we found Mick our DJ. We where so lucky to have had them both help with our wedding. Together these two do a great job of organizing and assisting with the wedding. I hired Julie for day of wedding Cordinator and I really could have used her more then that. I... Read More would highly recommend her for wedding planning she did and amazing job. Took control and really allowed me to have fun and not worry on my wedding day. Thank you Julie.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Kevin V

Thank you so much for the dream wedding you put on for us. All of our guests keep saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to.  Can't get a better compliment than that!  :) We know that there were a ton of crazy, weird requests and that we kept a lot of things last... Read More minute, but you really helped tie it all together. And sorry about the crazy light up plants lol. We really appreciate your attention to detail, making sure all of our specific requests were met, your great ideas, insight, and your kindness during this entire process. Thank you for everything. Kevin and Jessica

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 T N

Julie, The Best Wedding for You, did an amazing job at our wedding! She was our day of coordinator and was great at picking up where things left off the month before the wedding. She communicated with the vendors, made sure my vision was executed flawlessly and made suggestions... Read More where she thought things could be improved. I had a lot of decor and items for her to put up and she graciously did what I asked. We also had a tea ceremony. She helped set up the tea ceremony, putting up picture frames of my family and ensuring we had everything we needed for the ceremony, including tea and teapots! Thank you for all your help to make this day perfect for us!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Amanda O

So you got engaged! Congrats and hugs and questions... lots and lots of questions... the ones that you haven't even begun to try to figure out and not sure you ever will. At least that was me before I met Julie - and she thought of even more questions, all those little details... Read More you would never consider that amount to that perfect day. Will Grandma walk down the aisle? How should you order your maids and groomsmen? What time do you need to start getting ready if you want to do first look photos with a ceremony at 3? Let's be honest - it's your big day and everyone you love is in town for it and you can barely think straight due to nerves BUT you have Julie. And Julie will keep you right on schedule and arrange all of those little crafty things you spent months creating for the card table that you forget about on the actual day and before you know it, without you having to bat a glued-on eyelash, everything will be just as you imagined and more. Because she cares. You can tell when someone does something because they love it, there's an extra touch and ease to the whole thing. My flower girl was without flowers minutes before we were walking down and ,*pluck pluck pluck*, Julie chose a few from each maids' bouquet and in less than 10 seconds the problem was already solved and forgotten and we were back to the main issue at hand - not crying. Hire Julie. She is awesome. Your day will be incredible and you will be so thankful that you found her.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Zoe G

As soon as my husband and I met Julie we knew we wanted to hire her. She truly does a spectacular job at what she does and is very efficient. We definitely were a little more laid back than usual on our deadlines and such but Julie helped keep us on top of what we needed to... Read More get done. We hired Julie to do our month of coordination and she was awesome. She communicated with our vendors and made our day absolutely seamless. She was so on top of everyone's roles and schedules it was absolutely amazing. She was my lifesaver and truly helped make our perfect day happen. All of our guests are still talking nonstop about how amazing our wedding day. It was organized and executed perfectly, but not cookie cutter, stressful or boring. She made sure that our day flowed so smoothly and it truly could not have been more perfect. So thankful for Julie and I could not recommend her more as a coordinator. She is absolutely amazing and truly made sure that my husband and I were enjoying our special day.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Natalie E

Julie is top notch. She is extremely organized and detail oriented, flexible, re-assuring, professional, and lots of fun! Our venue required us to bring in all vendors and Julie provided some excellent recommendations - a great added bonus to working with her. She is honest and... Read More straight forward and will give her opinion when asked but first and foremost listens to your preferences. The whole event ran very smoothly and I was able to (and my mom was too!) fully enjoy every moment knowing that Julie had everything under control. One last (and huge!) added bonus - Julie's husband Mick Scrivener (Elite British DJ) was amazing. He provided some great recommendations on how to make our event unique and everyone had an absolute blast on the dance floor. Highly, highly recommend them both!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Alison T

We found Julie (and her husband Mick, who is an amazing DJ) via a recommendation from a friend. We are really glad that we did. Working with Julie has been amazing. Julie offers several package options that customize how much involvement you want her to have in helping her... Read More plan your wedding. We choose the month before the wedding and day of coordinator services she offers. Until your wedding, you get helpful emails (only once a month or so, they’re not intrusive at all) with hints about organizing or planning, and Julie is available for all your questions. She also had fantastic recommendations for other vendors that she’d worked with before and found good. Once we got to a month from the wedding she took over the planning and organizing. She coordinated between me and the venue to make sure we were all on the same page; she organized a timeline for the bride and groom, wedding party, all other vendors, and family so that everyone knew where they were supposed to be and at what time (our master timeline was over 7 pages and we only had a 5 hour ceremony/reception with 90 guests!); she contacted all the vendors and made sure they knew what was going on and would show up on time; she set up all our wedding favors, the guest book table, and made sure that any outside ceremony flowers were moved inside for the reception; and took care of a million other little details. Our wedding went off without a hitch and I honestly think it’s because Julie made that happen. I am an incredibly organized person, but I still don’t have the knowledge or awareness to be able to coordinate a wedding. Additionally, the last thing you want to be doing is setting out favors at your own wedding and it’s so relaxing to know that someone reliable is taking care of everything for you. Julie is kind, funny, knowledgeable, incredibly responsive to your emails, and all around amazing to work with. Julie (and her husband Mick as our DJ) were easily the best choice we could have made and I would happily recommend them to everyone.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Darci M

We recently worked with Julie as our coordinator for our 4/30/16 wedding. We were really far behind on just about all aspects of our wedding and the day was fast approaching. We had Julie do our “month of” coordination. Had we known then what we know now, we would have hired... Read More her as soon as we decided to start planning this. She made everything we hadn’t completed easier and gently gave us reminders of the important things we need to complete first. She was wonderful on help us get everything ready the month of, but she was AMAZING when it came scheduling everyone leading to the event. She made everything flow so smoothly and made the day enjoyable for both me and my bride. Julie handled it all and made sure we were enjoying everything. We cannot thank her enough for everything and make our special day so great. Our only regret is not hiring her earlier.

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Trecia L

The Best Wedding For You - is absolutely right and she has plenty of awards for that reason!!! My husband and I had a Comic-Con themed wedding last year. We met her and her husband (the DJ) at a catering event on the military base. When we told Julie where we were having our... Read More wedding, she instantly was already giving us recommendations. We had to book her and we are so glad we did! She was familiar with the location (which had its challenges). We signed up for the month package which included two meetings, rehearsal, day of the wedding, and she will communicate with you with any questions you may have via email. When we had our schedule handed to us, we were wondering how we were going to get everything in in 5 hours (limited due to being on the military base). Everything worked wonderfully! On rehearsal day, she helped us work on the transition we wanted to do into our costumes after ceremony. Julie got to work on coordinating and setting everything up on the day of the wedding. She was the only one who captured on film, us and the wedding party transitioning into our costumes (I was Captain America and my husband was Iron Man) behind the black sheet. Julie and her husband did dress up to partake in the festivities as well. Julie (and her husband - will go into detail in another review) did an awesome job on our wedding to make it memorable for us, our family and friends!!! You won't regret it when you hire Julie and her husband. (People still talk about our wedding to this day...)

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

Julie, "The Best Wedding for You" was an excellent wedding planner and allowed us to relax and enjoy the day knowing that all the details were being addressed! Our family and guests thought everything was beautiful and the whole day ran smoothly due to her diligence, attention... Read More to detail, responsiveness, and organizational skills. She is a true experienced professional and thought of things that we would have overlooked while being a great listener. We had no idea how many elements were involved in planning so her services are invaluable and worth every penny. We truly could not have expected a more perfect day with her help. We so enjoyed getting to know her on a personal level because she took all the worry out of planning our wedding day! THANKS, JULIE! Anne and Steve

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Chih W

We contracted Julie to help us for the month leading up to our wedding, though as soon as you contract with her, she sends out little newsletters with helpful tips and reminders. She was extremely organized. She met with us two more times after the initial meeting: second... Read More meeting right when she would start her month's services and another one the week before the wedding (along with her husband, Mick, who was our DJ). She had us fill out a form and reviewed it with us. She used her home as a storage place the week leading up to the wedding, to minimize the chance of us or friends/family forgetting to bring something. She, along with our caterer, set up the decorations so we didn't have to worry about that either. In addition to the face-to-face meetings, we mostly communicated through email (and a few texts and phone calls). She was very responsive and when she knew she would be less responsive, she made sure we knew it beforehand. I've worked in customer service, and I appreciate someone who knows how to set customer expectations. She was also proactive in reaching out to us, verifying and confirming payments, schedules, etc. She noticed details, like when our venue misunderstood and thought we were adding time instead of just shifting our reserved time block up a half hour. It was comforting to let her bear some of this burden of scheduling all the other vendors and I could go to her as the one main point of contact (or at least include her in all my communications with other vendors so she was on top of everything). She ran the rehearsal smoothly. During the wedding, it was so helpful to have her reminding us what was up next, what we had to do next, so we didn't have to keep all of that in our heads. It's these little things that helped us relax and enjoy our day. If we were to do it all over again, we would still choose her! (and her husband as our DJ, but that's for a separate review)

Best Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Kari M

Julie was great to work with. Used her for day of and limited month of. She went to our food tastings with us and most importantly helped set up a timeline for the day of and helped coordinate at the reception that was a separate location from the ceremony.

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Kristin R

Hiring Julie as our wedding coordinator was the best decision we made! We originally weren't going to get a wedding coordinator but after meeting with her and her husband Mick as our DJ, it was evident how much experience they have in the industry and they had affordable... Read More packages that made it a simple decision. We got her month of package allowing me to hand over all the planning i'd done up to that point and she takes over- following up with all vendors and keeping everything organized. I felt extremely comfortable as she did above and beyond what i expected! It was imperative having her onsite the day of, making sure everything was set up and done just as I wanted! Everything went so smoothly and I couldn't be happier!

Meet The Coordinator

Julie Scrivener

After graduating from Fordham University in New York City with a Finance and Marketing degree, I decided that I wanted to combine my creativity and organizational skills with my love for special events, and so I started my own wedding coordination business. I haven't looked back since! I promise to bring all of my innovative creativity, personalized care, impeccable attention to detail, reliable referrals, and unparalleled commitment to you and your event. My goal is simple - to assist you in achieving a successful event that is a true reflection of you!