Here to make your special day our priority.

We’re a full-service bridal salon that can meet the needs for your entire wedding party. We offer a large selection of gowns, tuxedos, suits, headpieces, veils and other accessories. We offer in-house alterations and premium gown preservation services for you. Contact us to schedule an appointment!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Fashion

6955 Oakland Mills Rd., Columbia, MD (410) 290-5666

Such a great place!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Missy B

Everyone at the boutique is so amazing and helpful! The dress I got there I absolutely love and it was very reasonably priced! The alterations team was amazing at making everything just perfect! They were even able to resurrect my veil which was torn. Everything was just amazing... Read More and very easy!

Pleased both times I've shopped here

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Genelle N

I purchased my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding here. We had stopped by this store on a whim and despite the many appointments she had at other boutiques, she found the dress she loved here. When it was time to buy my own wedding dress, The Bridal Boutique was top of... Read More mind. This was the first appointment I booked, and I bought my dress that day! The selection was wonderful, and they had dresses to fit every budget.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Beth L

I just purchased my dress from the Bridal Boutique and was so very impressed by the excellent, caring service I received. Julie, my consultant, was amazing and really helped balance the somewhat overbearing personality of my mother, with helping me find my dream dress and dream... Read More veil. Julie listened to what I wanted from a dress, and helped me find a good combination of dresses I pre-selected from photos and styles she thought I would look good in. Every dress she selected was amazing, and she really had an eye for my style and my body shape. My mother did not want to purchase my dress from a salon in Maryland, as I am getting married in Philadelphia, but the service we received from the salon was so amazing, we wanted to go with them because of the trust we felt. I can't say enough about how wonderful this salon is!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Johnna M

I had a wonderful experience at The Bridal Boutique! They had an amazing selection of dresses very reasonably priced! I tried on several I loved and said yes to the dress!! Linda was my bridal consultant and she was lovely. She made the experience stress free and fun! I can't... Read More say enough great things! Check them out!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Michael W

We had an amazing dress purchase experience. Amber was a great help to us and helped us find the perfect dress (which also happened to be her favorite too). Unfortunately, the tux rental/pick-up process did not go smoothly. The salon did not take shoe sizes for one of the... Read More groomsmen, so had to return to the shop the day before the wedding to get shoes from. Only ONE of 8 tuxes rented fit when we went to pick them up a few days before the wedding. We are grateful most of our groomsmen had an opportunity to try the tuxes on a few days before because we would've been left with pants too short (even though some still were) jackets too short/tight, and vests too small. I would never rent tuxes from this shop again, given their inability to have anything in the shop for you to try on prior to ordering and their inaccuracy with measurements. The only person whose tux fit immediately got measured at another location. My father's tux had a very visible mark on the jacket. We were able to squeeze into our tuxes but this was almost a humungous disaster.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Marybeth H

Sara was FANTASTIC. At first, my mother and I just showed up without an appointment and she never rushed us or made us feel like we were putting her out. I had a little bit of an idea of what I wanted so she offered lots of great suggestions. I tried on about 7 dresses and... Read More needed some time to decide so we left to think it over. We narrowed it down to the top 3 and came back with all the bridesmaids (which I highly recommend so they don't have to sit through hours and hours of dresses) along with some champagne to help with the final decision. We were rowdy to say the least and nobody made us feel like we were bothering them. We had so much fun. Sara was amazingly helpful and patient again. I said yes to the dress and Sara then made great suggestions for bridesmaid dresses to go with it. I had gone to several bridal shops before finally ending up here and nothing compares. Everywhere else rushed me out or tried to pressure me to buy something I wasn't in love with. For your best dress shopping experience EVER, go here and ask for Sara!!! I have not gone through the fittings and alterations portion yet so I can't speak to that. I do know that I was measured and Sara showed me my measurements compared to the designer's size chart and let me make the final decision which size would be the best option. We even tried on a few similar styles by the same designer that were my size to confirm.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Amanda J

BUYER BEWARE! My initial appointment went very well and I found a dress I liked. When it came time to take my measurements, the owner said she would order a size 12. I am a size 8 (sometimes 6) in regular clothes. I told her I thought that sounded too big, but she assured me... Read More that wedding dresses run small so 12 would be correct. She’s the professional, and I didn’t know any better, so I just went with it. I also paid extra for the dress to be shortened at the manufacturer. When I tried the dress on at the pick-up appointment, it was too long and WAY too big. It looked completely ridiculous. I expressed my concerns to the owner, but she assured me it would all be fixed in alterations. She told me to come back 3 months out from the wedding. Now, I can understand it needing a little nip/tuck here and there, but this thing needed to be taken in at least 2 sizes. The dress has a lace overlay with no seams. I was worried it would be impossible to take the lace in that much without ruining the pattern. After I left, I couldn’t stop worrying about the dress. I finally decided to take it to my seamstress (about a month after I picked it up, but before the 3 month until wedding mark). I had already read the reviews about the alterations at Columbia Bridal, so I was hesitant to take it back to them to be fixed. Unfortunately, my seamstress confirmed my worst fears. The dress was way too big and the lace overlay would not look right after alterations. Could it be done? Yes. SHOULD it be done, NO. That’s the key here. I was afraid that when I called Columbia Bridal, they weren’t going to do anything to help my situation. I’d read too many negative reviews to think otherwise. Also, it had been almost a month since I had picked the dress up, so I figured they would try to use that as an excuse. Sure enough, the only answer they had for my problem was for them to do the alterations and they said, “too much time had passed.” Exactly as I had feared. All I wanted was for them to order a new dress in the correct size. Unfortunately, they wouldn’t even consider this option. I can’t believe they got away with taking $2k of my money and I have nothing to show for it. THEY ordered the wrong size, but I am the one left to try to clean up the mess. I read a prior review about them ordering a dress too small for a girl, they messed the dress up in alterations, and the poor girl had to go to buy a completely new dress from somewhere else right before her wedding day. I figure I will try to sell the dress myself, untouched, versus having them mess it up in alterations leaving me with a worthless rag. Bottom line, I would steer clear of this place. They are either incompetent since they can’t seem to order dresses in the right size, or they are straight up crooked. Either way, their customer service is non-existent, and their business ethos leaves much to be desired.

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Chelsea M

I got my wedding dress today from The Bridal Boutique in Columbia, and it was the most phenomenal experience. Morgan asked about what we were looking for and then picked some dresses out, but let us pick out what we wanted as well, which wasn't an option at the other shop we had... Read More gone to. I didn't feel pressured to like dresses I didn't like, I felt that she was honest about what looked good and what didn't. When I found the dress I loved, Morgan got some "She said Yes!" signs for me and for my mom to hold up for some cute pictures, and grabbed the other employees from the store to come see me in the dress. It was just a positive, happy experience all the way around.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Samantha U

I really enjoyed my experience with Bridal Boutique. They have a wide variety of styles & sample sizes which is awesome. The staff is very friendly and they definitely try their hardest to find a dress you really like. When I purchased my dress it turned out that the designer no... Read More longer made it so they offered to either find a new one for me or I could buy the sample & they could add a corset so that it would fit me (which I did and it was great). They also managed to get me a replacement veil when we discovered upon opening the original one 2 weeks before my wedding that it had a hole in it. I marked them down slightly because of issues I had with some of the staff that called me. They called me twice to let me know that my dress had come in when I had bought the sample so the dress shouldn't have gone anywhere (the 2nd time it turns out it was my veil that had come in - not sure what was up with the first time). And when they called to remind me about my first fitting they said I had 2 appointments when I only had the one. Despite the phone issues (which were minor but did cause concern at the time) I would definitely recommend this store as they do try to do everything they can to make your day perfect.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 natasha a

I happened to be in for a trip one weekend and decided to shop here for my wedding dress. My first visit was great and staff was friendly. The boutique doesn't feel high end or very professional. It could use some updating or more coordination among staff. Each time after the... Read More first visit (and they already had most of my money) my appointments were rushed and unorganized. For one appointment i didn't even have a consultant! They sent me home with a veil that didn't even match my wedding dress. Thats their job to know that, not mine. When i called back about it, the owner was VERY rude. My last appointment to pick up the dress was very rushed. I'm 99% sure the dress came in a different color than i tried on but they didn't seem to care and even seemed to being lying to me because they for some reason no longer had the dress i originally tried on. I'm just lucky i was happy enough with the color even though it wasn't what i tried on. And last but not least, they sent my expensive designer dress home in a cheap plastic clear bag, i explained that I live with my fiance so I needed something not clear. They covered it with a trash bag! a trash bag?! I'm lucky my situation turned out okay even though this boutique and process was pretty tacky. I would not however recommend this if you are spending enough money that you expect a certain kind of experience. They are not high end, barely mediocre. They won't give you all the feels for your special day.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 T F

The Bridal Boutique was so wonderful in helping finding my perfect dress. I purchased my first dress from them, and when it came in, I'd changed my mind. They worked with me to help me exchange this one for a new one without me having to spend a cent more. Their alterations... Read More department did a great job for a great price. Since my dress had a lace overlay that needed to be hemmed, I was expecting my alterations to cost over $500 and it didn't even cost half of that!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jen G

I went to the bridal boutique to get started on dress shopping for my wedding, which was something I wasn't super excited over because i'm not into shopping. The girl that helped us was great and provided many selections of dresses, and even helped me try out styIes I wasn't so... Read More sure about. I ended up purchasing "the" dress after my first shopping experience there! About a week later, I decided that I wanted to change the dress, but when I called they would not let me because the order was already sent out (I guess that was my fault). Once the dress arrived, it was a strapless with a little 3/4 sleeve lace jacket- all as expected, except the jacket did not fit well at all the way it was supposed to (it didn't fit well the first time when I chose it but they told me it would fit once it was ordered) and there was no way to change the sizing because it was technically my size and the lace could not be changed because of my bust size. I ended up taking the dress to an alterations specialist and having her make the lace jacket into sleeves since nothing else could be done. While that turned out well, on my wedding day, the top hook above the zipper broke before the ceremony! Then, after the father-daughter and our first dance, the bustle broke! My bridesmaids ended up using safety pins to pretty much hold my dress together! In the end, I spent almost $800 dollars more just for the alterations that they couldn't do and still having other pieces of my dress come apart that shouldn't have! It was very disappointing and way too much money that I had to spend for a dress that didn't even stay together. :(

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Stephanie B

I had a great experience with Bridal Boutique. I had two friends recommend this small shop in Columbia, and for good reason. I was apprehensive about the dress shopping experience, but this shop is just right- enough of a selection at various price points to be helpful, but not... Read More too much to be overwhelming. I knew at the first shopping appointment that this would be the shop where I would buy my dress. The dress purchase process went smoothly, as did the subsequent fitting appointments. And I got so many compliments on my dress. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Janie

Overall my experience at the Bridal Boutique was ok. As any other regular boutique, they over price their gowns and then offer a "deal" which ends up being what the dress should normally cost. I ended up with a sample dress, which was perfect! KC (the owner I think) is great to... Read More work with. If you have a choice to ask for a consultant, ask for Grace or Paige (they are amazing!!!). Only concern came when alterations were about to start and the seamstress came straight to cut the dress WITHOUT asking me my thoughts. I ended up going with a local seamstress who is great. Connie, works at House of Jonlei Atelier (best seamstress in the D.C. area) The reason I gave it a lower star rating is because, during the time I picked out my bridesmaids dresses we had a very rude and condescending older lady helping us out. I can't remember her name, but she totally made the appointment very unpleasant.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Elizabeth J

I had such a great experience at The Bridal Boutique. My stylist was focused solely on me, listened to things I wanted, pulled dresses I showed her, and others she thought I'd like (which was the one I bought) She helped us stay in budget. But mostly, she made me feel... Read More beautiful.

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Liz C

I had an amazing experience at the bridal boutique, especially with Amber. Unfortunately, I did not buy my dress here only because I bought it at a trunk show elsewhere, but they have the best selection of anywhere I went and were by far the best in customer service. I was very... Read More indecisive, but they were patient and extremely helpful. Amber helped me the three times I went in there and I felt like she knew exactly what I was talking about when I couldn't really communicate or put it into words, she is great! I highly recommend asking for Amber if you choose to go there!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Kelly Michele R

Go here to look at dresses and get an idea... But please, whatever you do, DEFINITELY DO NOT get your dress altered here. When I bought my dress here, they said they had the best alteration lady and that she would basically be able to do anything to my dress. However, all I... Read More wanted when I got my dress altered was to have it fit the way it's supposed to fit. They were not able to do that. I had to go in 4 different times to get alterations and by the 4th time, my wedding was about a month away. The bridal shop claimed they might be able to fix my dress but they also might not be able to fix it in time--so many what if's. The alteration I needed was not anything complicated. A bride should never dread going into the dress shop to try on her wedding dress. This was how I felt. Every time. And this isn't even the worst part... I decided I could not deal with all the "what if's" so close to the wedding, so I decided to get another dress. The owner of the shop told me if I purchase a floor sample she would give us a "deal". Her idea of giving me a "deal" was to give me 5% of the dress. 5% off a floor sample dress that other people have tried on numerous times. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This was a complete insult. I already bought one dress from this boutique, that you could not alter and now you tell me you're going to give me a deal? What a complete scam. In a panic, being that it was so close to the wedding, I ended up picking a dress from the floor that didn't need much alteration. I put on the dress and was ready for another round of alterations. They decided to put me in a high walking traffic area and as I was wearing the new dress that I would be wearing the day I get married, I had EMPLOYEES and customers walking all over the train of my dress! Please do not buy your dress here. This is a terrible establishment. They act like they care about you until they have your money and then you are treated like dirt.

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Marisa D

The Bridal Boutique was the first (and only!) shop that I went to for my gown! Susan was the best consultant and was so patient with me! While it didn't take long for me to find my dress, she still encouraged me to try on other styles just to be sure. The boutique had an... Read More excellent selection of beautiful gowns and all were affordable. I definitely recommend visiting The Bridal Boutique, you will not be disappointed!

Ups and Downs

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Amy S

In the end I was pleased, but I definitely had a few ups and downs. They had plenty of dresses to show me in my price range and I loved the one I picked (also, they do allow you to take pictures, this was a huge plus). When it came to ordering the right size I was a little... Read More disappointed that she actually sized me down so that the shape of the sweetheart neckline wouldn't change, but I was nervous until I got the dress that it wouldn't fit in the hips. It BARELY fit, I couldn't bend, I could barely walk or get on the pedestal. When it came to alterations, I wish they had started earlier for my peace of mind. I also needed to be firm about them letting it out more so that I could comfortably sit in the dress. And when I was suppose to pick up the dress they didn't pin the bustle at the previous fitting so I couldn't take it when I was suppose to. All is well that ends well .... I had a last moment of panic about the dress fitting and I went back in the very next day after getting the bustle pinned and they let me hang out in the dress and move around and wanted to make sure I felt comfortable. They also had managed to finish the bustle and steamed the dress so I was able to take it that day. Maybe they were more confident with the whole process because they do it all the time, but as a first time (hopefully last time) bride I found the whole thing pretty stressful. It did all end well though.

Fantastic Salon!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Wendy T

The Bridal Boutique was the only bridal shop I visited. It was recommended by a friend who found her dress there. My consultant, Linda, was not only extremely nice and great to work with, but she also suggested I try on a dress that ended up being my dress. I absolutely fell in... Read More love with the dress and loved it even more on my wedding day. Everyone I interacted with at the salon was extremely friendly and easy to work with. It was easy to schedule my fittings and alterations were completed without any issues. When my dress first arrived, we discovered that the dress maker had sent an incorrect piece, despite the correct piece having been ordered. The shop took care of it right away and called to make sure the correct piece was sent. Their professionalism and quick action immediately put me at ease. I couldn't have asked for a better dress to get married in. It was perfect for me and I would not have found it if it weren't for The Bridal Boutique.

Great dress and service

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Molly P

I got my wedding dress from The Bridal Boutique in Columbia. I worked with a girl named Amanda, and she was amazing! She made me feel great in the dresses, and she really listened to me. She was not pushy but encouraged me to try on a variety of dresses. I went back a second... Read More time to try on more dresses and made an appointment with her specifically because she was so good. On this second appointment I tried on a brand new dress that just arrived in the store. It was beyond perfect and I bought the dress that day.

Found the dress of my dreams here!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kelly S

I came in just to look at different types of wedding dresses and get a feel for what kind of dress looked good on me, and I ended up leaving with a dress that day!! I loved that they had a wide selection of dresses, but also kept them all under a certain amount of money so I... Read More didn't have the chance to fall in love with a dress that was out of my price range. I found my dress after the third one I tried on, but the boutique staff insisted I try on more just to be sure. Once I tried a few more on, we put that third one back on, jacked me up, and after some tears I knew it was the one!! I even got a discount because I took the sample dress home! Overall an awesome experience and I would recommend the Bridal Boutique to any bride who doesn't have an unlimited budget!

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Susie B

I bought my wedding dress and had it altered at the bridal boutique. The staff were very helpful both times that I visited the salon. I was very indecisive and tried on several dresses. The staff were very helpful and listened to what I was looking for. I didn't feel pressured... Read More into buying the dress until I was comfortable with my selection. They were very quick with my alterations and did a good job fixing it until I was happy with it. Their prices were fair and comparable to other salons in the area.

2015-08-04T18:55:30 Response from the vendor

We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience at The Bridal Boutique. We hope your big day was spectacular...we already know you looked fab! Come back to the boutique to clean and preserve your gown and receive $40 off, on us!

Bought My Dress Here!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Jennifer M

The bridal boutique was very helpful in the dress buying process. My sales rep brought in at least 15 dress to start and helped my narrow them down till I found The Dress!! I had dressed shopped at other places, but didn't find anything I liked. Very old school, preferred if... Read More you paid with cash or check. No credit cards. I didn't get my dress altered here, alterations were over priced.

good prices, nice selection, nice people

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Ritu A

All the staff were friendly, the store is clean, they have good prices, and the selection is pretty good for a little store in Columbia, MD. I'd recommend checking this place out.