Designing Dreams...Making Memories!

The Bridal Connection is Iowa's only "Veteran" owned Bridal Salon and travel agency "All About Romance Travel" We are Iowa's only true "One-Stop-shop! We represent the finest bridal designers and provide quality of service and a warm smile. Call Today! 515-964-5683

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Fashion

708 N Ankeny Blvd, Ankeny , IA

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Courtney B

I had the best experience at The Bridal Connection. I called two days before I wanted to go look at dresses, and they had no problem getting me in. Once I got there, Laurie made it so easy for me. I gave her an idea of what I wanted and she already had several in mind. Most... Read More bridal salons pick the dresses for you; however, Laurie let me pick a few that I wanted to try on. I love that I was the one that picked MY dress. She found the perfect veil and I was in tears. I found the perfect dress, and had a blast doing it! The owner is so nice and when I finally said 'yes to the dress', there were lots of hugs to go around. The staff makes you feel like you belong there. I would highly recommend The Bridal Connection, and I was definitely recommend Laurie!

Kelsey is amazing

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Ross F

The Bridal Connection was the second of three stores that I visited in the same day. From the moment I stepped through the door I knew this place was special. The ambiance in the shop is so calm and inviting and the staff was very friendly. I worked with Kelsey who asked me a... Read More few questions about my wedding plans and what I wanted in a dress. She picked out a few dresses for me and let me search through the racks for ones that caught my eye. She helped me try on all the dresses and explained all the important aspects of the dress process. She was so kind and helpful and patient as I went through piles of dresses. She picked out a dress that I never would have selected for myself, but I couldn't make a decision so I moved onto the next store. I couldn't stop thinking about Kelsey's dress pick or her service so I rushed back later that day and asked to see the dress again. During the second trip, the boutique owner was present and she made such an impression that we bought the dress on the spot. I couldn't have my dress altered there because we moved to another state, but they made sure to order the dress in the right size and gave great advice on what to look for in a tailor. The ladies at the Bridal Connection made this such a wonderful experience that I will recommend them to anyone who is looking for formal wear! Thank you!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 12/20/2014 renee b

I have to say, The Bridal Connection is hands down the best bridal store I have ever visited! The store itself is absolutely beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to make sure they had a happy client with me. Not only did I get my bridal gown there, we also got... Read More bridesmaid dresses and tuxes for our guys! Our wedding was perfect and much of that has to do with the Bridal Connection! Thank you Lara and the rest of the Bridal Connection for all of you help!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Aleesa N

Walking into this bridal salon, I had such high hopes. The decor and space was well decorated and very elegant. It was a nice touch to see my name on the welcome sign. The selection of dresses seems quite impressive. We sat down and did a brief consultation on exactly what I was... Read More looking for. Next I was given four colored rings to place on the hangers of dresses I wanted to try on. It was difficult to narrow it down to just 4 in the large selection. I thought it was interesting that the dresses were arranged in silhouettes. The dressing room had a silk like bridal robe in it which was another nice touch. After trying on the four dresses and not being especially wowed by any of them, the consultant began picking out dresses she thought I might like and matched my style. Each time when she brought a dress before it was off the hanger, I questioned what about this dress she thought matched my wants, but tried each on attempting to give her the benefit of the doubt. After three more dresses, the consultant drug a mannequin into the dressing room to see what I thought of a dress. I thought this was a very considerate gesture but was again question what aspects of the dress she thought matched any of the likes I had voiced. Following this, she instructed me to put back on my street clothes and to meet her back in the couch area where my entourage was sitting. She shook my hand and explained when the fall line was expected to be in. I was shocked. After less than 50 minutes, and only 7 dresses the appointment was over. I'm a decisive person and know when a dress isn't making me feel gorgeous that it isn't the one for me. It felt like the consultant didn't feel like I could be swayed into a dress and ended it abruptly because of that. Gorgeous store with a large collection of dresses, the staff is nice but I thought the overall experience was rather lackluster.

2016-05-19T13:23:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words about our staff and salon. We apologize that we could not find a dress to make you feel gorgeous for your big day. Thank you for choosing our salon as part of your bridal experience. We hope your day... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Kendra R

My experience here was exceptional. I had been to several other bridal shops that day alone, and was still looking even though I had found several that I liked. Tori was amazing. She took the little comments my party was making, and at the end when I was slightly frustrated at... Read More not finding exactly what I wanted, she surprised me with the PERFECT dress. It had all the details we had been discussing, but I had passed over it on the rack, thinking it wouldn't look right on me. But she knew, and it was perfect. I can't thank her enough for making a stressful situation much more enjoyable and for taking the time to listen to my wants. I would definitely recommend Tori and the Bridal connection to any of my friends. I can't wait to visit again for fittings!

2016-03-22T10:01:55 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear you had such a great time with Tori and was able to find your perfect dress! We are sure you will look stunning on your wedding day and can't wait to see photos!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Holly H

Absolutely wonderful people! My mom was unable to go dress shopping due to being in ICU fighting pneumonia while having stage 4 breast cancer. The staff helped to FaceTime with my mom and actually went to the hospital with the gown so she could see it in person. I can never... Read More express my gratitude. Outstanding human beings and a wonderful experience I will never forget.

2016-03-22T10:02:32 Response from the vendor

We had a wonderful time with you and are so happy we could help you share this experience with your mom! We are sure you will look stunning in your gown!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Mackenzie H

I had been to 10 (maybe more) bridal shops searching for my wedding dress before coming to Bridal Connection. I had a great experience at Bridal Connection & (finally) found my dream dress! The staff were very helpful & made me feel so comfortable. They asked all the right... Read More questions to get to know me as a bride & what I was looking for in a dress. I would recommend this store to anyone in search of a wedding dress.

2016-03-14T13:39:22 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear about your experience here at the Bridal Connection and that we could help you find your dream dress. We are sure you will looks stunning on your big day!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

I was really struggling to find the dress I had in mind. I walked into the bridal connection and I believe it was the owner who created me. She listened so carefully to what I had in mind...which ibreally appreciated. Then she went thruogh their enormous inventory and picked out... Read More 3 dresses to try on. They were exactly what I was looking for...simple and beautiful. The seamstress did an impeccable job of taking the train off, taking the fluff out from inside the skirt and hemming the delicate fabric. I was on the verge of settling on a dress...I'm grateful to the Bridal Connection's staff for finding the perfect dress!

2016-02-25T10:57:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear you were able to find the perfect dress and that alterations turned out just the way you wanted! We are sure you will look stunning on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016

She said yes to the dress!! Absolutely AMAZING experience! We had an appt at another bridal store earlier in the day and had a terrible experience! The minute we walked into the Bridal Connection we were treated great! Bailey was awesome and she really took the time to talk with... Read More my daughter to find out not only about the type of dress she was looking for but about her! She was so patient and helpful! We loved that we got to look at all the dresses on the racks and pick ones we liked! Our appt was at the end of the day but we never felt rushed and EVERYONE was so nice! I am so happy my daughter got to have the experience she deserved in finding the perfect dress!

2016-02-25T10:59:20 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear you had such a great experience with Bailey and we could turn your daughter's dress shopping experience around! We can't wait to see pictures from the wedding!

Great to experience from start to finish

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Susan S

My mom and I enjoyed our experience bridal dress shopping at Bridal Connection. Everyone was so helpful from start to finish. I was able to find 3 dresses I loved. The girls helped me decide on the perfect dress. Alterations were easy schedule and very responsive to my requests.... Read More My dress fit beautifully and was one of a kind!

2016-02-25T11:01:16 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience from start to finish and found your perfect one of a kind gown! We would love to see photos from the wedding!

Perfect in every way

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Jayne M

I am not a fan of shopping so I was reluctant to go dress shopping for my big day. I waited longer than recommended but Bridal Connection was first on the list of places to check out. Out of all the places we visited, Bridal Connection was far superior in every way. The... Read More atmosphere, the staff, the product...I can't say enough great things. The very first dress we spotted ended up being "the one" and I can't be more happy with my choice. It was the perfect dress for our big day and I am more than happy to share with others where I got it!

Great experience

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Nicole R

I got my wedding dress here. Everything was done on time and I had now worries my dress would be perfect for the day

Reviewed on 7/26/2015

I had an amazing experience at The Bridal Connection. The atmosphere of the store is beautiful and you feel very comfortable from when you walk in the door. All of the staff is super friendly and helpful! My consultant Stevi was amazing from the beginning and made me feel... Read More great!

Don't Recommend

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Taylor M

I went to Bridal Connection after getting a secret card from them at a bridal fair. I went and actually found my dress. They didn't pressure me to buy every dress I tried on which was nice. It went downhill from there. I was getting married 13 months later, so I took the... Read More dress with me, as you have to pay extra to hold it for over a year. They told me to bring it back a few days before the wedding so they could steam it and then I was supposed to have them show us how to bustle it then too. I called to schedule that and told them my zipper needed fixed. I was told to bring it in the Monday before my wedding (Wed.) and they would steam and fix the zipper(~$120-- surprise!). Great. I thought about it and decided I wanted to try it on again before the wedding because the hook and eye they fixed before had broken again and I wanted to make sure the zipper would hold. They told me there's no way they can do all that two days before the wedding anyway and I needed to bring it up now. So I did. I scheduled an appointment to come try it on with the new zipper. I get there and try it on and ask them to show us how to bustle it. There was no bustle in it. [Apparently wedding gowns don't always come with bustles in them, but they way the sales girl talked mine was ready to go with it in. I was also never asked if I wanted one put in, so assumed it was there. I'm a first time bride so I'm not familiar with wedding gowns...] So there goes another $85 to get that put in. They said they'd get it put in first thing Monday morning and it'd be ready to go by 3pm. My friend gets there to pick it up and she has to wait a ridiculous amount of time. I go to get in my dress on my wedding day and find they had sewn the two sides of my dress together while putting in the bustle (which amounted to putting in 4 strings...). Just what every bride wants to happen!! I also purchased a fur shawl for outside pictures. I wore it for about 15 minutes and then the clasp fell off. To add to my frustration with Bridal Connection, the dress started losing buttons before the reception even started. Poor quality at a high price. Look elsewhere!!

wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

I had an amazing experience! Unlike other places they are very personal and only help you. I cannot thank the staff at bridal connections enough for helping me find my dress!

start to finish

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Breanna K

I had the most wonderful time START TO FINISH at the Bridal Connection! I felt like family and was always greated by the same handful of helpful consultants. I was always handed off to the specialists in each department so that I was always informed by the most educated person!... Read More From saying yes to my perfect dress, custom fittings, tuxes, maids and everything in between! I received helpful hints each step of the way, even the best way to go the that restroom in my dress! I would choose bridal connection again and again if I could!

Fantastic Service!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Lauren E

We looked at a few bridal stores, but Bridal Connection felt different from the beginning. Lots of space and great selection of gowns to try on and the staff treated us like we were the only people in the store. We didn't feel rushed and felt like they listened to what I was... Read More looking for. Once we had chosen the gown, the alterations department went above and beyond to make sure the ruching and fit was just right. They even stayed later to make alterations so we wouldn't have to drive back another night. Would recommend Bridal Connection to any future brides!

Wonderful buying experience!

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 McKenzee F

The whole experience from walking in and being greeted by a sign with my name on it, and then two super friendly professional women helped me. The showroom with the dresses was very clean and easy to shop compared to the other shops In Des Moines. Stevie was super sweet and... Read More helped me pick out 5-6 dresses that all were gorgeous and flattering. Lara gave a few suggestions as well and it led me to my Bridal gown! I am so excited and it couldn't be anymore perfect! The service was unbelievable and matched by an amazing gown by Justin Alexander! Well done Bridal connection!

GORGEOUS place and friendly staff

Reviewed on 6/01/2014 Tricia W

I loved my experience at The Bridal Connection. It was my first stop for trying on dresses and my consultant was amazing! She was very knowledgeable in design and fabrics and stayed true to my budget. I had the best day and I had amazing alterations!

Great Dress Experience

Reviewed on 2/21/2014 Rachael H

Had a great expereince with this dress vendor. They worked with me through multiple fittings and even rushed a final alteration the week before flying out for our destination wedding.

Dream Dress

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Cassidy W

I loved my experience and my dress turned out perfect. They created a heart out of my Grandfather's ties and sewed it into my dress and it was perfect. Very helpful and encouraging.

Great place to shop!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Sara W

From start to finish, the staff was great! I felt taken care of and knew that I was getting the best advice and suggestions available. They also did my alterations on kind of short notice, and they turned out great!

Dream Dress

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Emily R

I found my dream dress almost a year before my actual wedding (long engagement). They were so great about letting me come in anytime to try on the dress and their alteration woman is fantastic!! They worked magic on my dress to transform it from a gorgeous dress to one that was... Read More a perfect fit for my body and personality!

Thanks!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Rhonda L

My day was perfect!

Wedding Dress & Bridesmaid Dresses

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Erin S

We went here for my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses and they were so helpful. They helped me find the perfect shade of light pink for the dresses and did a great job with ordering everything on time. Their shop is stunning inside with all the new demo that just happened... Read More this year. It is easy to look through the dresses and the consultants were really nice and friendly every time I went in to try on my gown. I could not have been happier with my experience with The Bridal Connection!