The Bridal World

YOU’RE INVITED! Join us for a SNEAK PEAK TRUNK SHOW! Featuring Justin Alexander and Lillian Wes tSpring 2018 - fresh off the runway - will be at The Bridal World Friday November 10 to Sunday November 12 10% discount on all dresses and accessories Book your appointment today! email [email protected] or call 516-594- 9010 Let us take the stress out of finding your perfect wedding dress. Upcoming Trunk Shows: Mori Lee by Madeline Gardner: Thursday Feb: 22-Sunday Feb 25 Allure Bridal Friday March 16-Sunday March 18 We are thrilled to announce that we won Best of Weddings 2017 from The Knot. Thank you to all our brides that voted for us and took the time to write reviews!!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

191 A Atlantic Ave, Freeport, NY (516) 594-9010

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Donna S

This place deserves a five star rating. Not only was the staff so helpful and encouraging they were patient throughout The whole process. You would think it was their family member getting married. They also have the best seamstress. And she is amazing she totally... Read More transformed my daughter's wedding gown. Not just once but several times. She was also extremely patient and encouraging throughout each transformation. She always said she wanted the bride to be happy. There Is no one like her. She took a strapless lace dress and added appliqués to make A dress with straps . Everyone thought the dress came like that it was done so perfectly. She also transformed the bodice. And as my daughter lost weight she constantly made adjustments for her. If you want a wonderful wedding experience this your shop. They will treat you as if this is their day

2017-09-10T13:04:49 Response from the vendor

Our brides do become like family members. We love to do custom work and see the brides reaction as her vision comes to life. Your daughter knew exactly what she wanted . We'll miss your fittings with Angela!! Send us pictures!! Sincerely, Ronnie and Paulette

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Megan C

The ladies at bridal world are incredible. Due to health problems my fiancé and I decided to get married just 2 weeks ago and are getting married in 1 month. I had gotten my prom dress at the bridal world and had such a great experience then that I knew I wanted to go again for... Read More my wedding dress. I walked into the bridal world with no appointment and Ronnie made time for me on the spot. I found a stunning dress and Ronnie even made arrangements to order the dress in my size. I had my first fitting today and could not be more happy with the dress. Ronnie and the other ladies went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful for all their help

2017-08-25T11:11:53 Response from the vendor

Hi Megan, It was so much fun working with you! Your family is also a delight. I was thrilled when we found out your gown was in stock and excited to get you the new gown in your size. You are a beautiful person. Sincerely,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Debbie O

My daughters and I went to Bridal World last night. Never dreamed it would be not just our first but our last stop. Ronnie and Paulette were wonderful. We had such a fabulous experience. Every dress chosen for my daughter was perfect. I don't even know how she made a choice they... Read More were all so beautiful. I would recommend everyone to make it your first stop cause it'll prob be your last also. Thank you ladies for making us all feel so comfortable and happy.

2017-01-05T15:41:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for a beautiful review!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Susan H

My daughter just purchased her wedding dress from Bridal World. Ronnie was extremely helpful and patient with the whole process of trying on dresses. We wound up buying a dress off the racks as the wedding is only a few months away. Ronnie had all the right suggestions and... Read More knew all the ins and outs of wedding dress shopping. Very personable place and I would recommend it highly. All the dresses were beautiful at this shop. We found the right one for my daughter and said “Yes to the Dress”.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Laura F

Bridal world was amazing! From the moment I found my dress to the time I was ready to take my dress home, I felt like they had become a part of my family and wedding!! That's how wonderful the staff is and how welcoming and helpful they are. I found "the one" at bridal world.... Read More My dress was all lace with a gorgeous train that was attached to a beautiful shiny belt. The dress didn't come with straps but we were able to order extra lace from the bottom of my dress and the seamstress at bridal world made me the most amazing lace cap sleeves that really made the dress unique and perfect! Absolutely beautiful! I highly reccomend bridal world to any brides that are looking for a beautiful wedding dress with great service. They made me feel beautiful and never once did I feel pressured into buying anything like at other bridal stores. I felt at home here! Thank you so much bridal world for the best experience ever!

2017-11-11T11:08:24 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate you taking the time to write such a beautiful review!! Please send us pictures of your wedding day! We wish you all good things in your life. All of us from The Bridal World

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Teresa M

The Bridal World team was great in making my wedding dress experience memorable. I got so many compliments on my dress, veil and earrings and my matron of honor got so many compliments on her dress as well. Would definitely recommend if you're looking for a cute, quaint wedding... Read More dress shop with beautiful gowns and great prices!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 debbie b

My daughter and I had visited several shops in search of the perfect dress. We were having no luck at all and my daughter actually left one shop in tears. I suggested The Bridal World on our way home from a terrible experience @ another store and my daughter agreed to give it a... Read More shot!!! It was late in the day and we had no appt. but we were greeted by Ronnie owner of the shop as though she had been expecting us all along ...She introduced us to Stephanie who said "lets find you a dress" She got Melissa into a fitting room and 5 or 6 dresses later she found THE ONE !!! Wanting to be 100% sure Melissa said she would like to think it over for a few days and bring back her girls ....There was zero "sales pressure" they totally understood and made a 2nd appt for us . We went back on 9/17/17 Melissa got back into the dress she loved and within minutes everyone knew this was the one & Melissa said YES TO THE DRESS !! Oh how I wish we had gone here first it would have saved my daughter weeks of stress ! this is a magical time for all brides and this step in the process should be fun and happy !!! Ronnie & Stephanie know this "business" but don't make it feel like "business" rather time with friends !!! I would give this shop 10 stars if I could ...I can't wait to continue this journey knowing my daughters dream dress is in such capable hands ! THANK YOU BRIDAL WORLD

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Leslie P

My mother, sister and I were hanging out one Saturday and we decided to look for dresses, styles, etc. We had no intention to buy my dress so far in advance however, we were pleasantly wrong! We were met by Paulette, the saleswoman. Paulette was warm and showed a genuine... Read More interest in the style/ vision I had for my wedding day. She pulled a dress and I tried it on. Immediately, I knew it was the dress for me. (I know it sounds cliche) Despite me knowing I tried on only two other dresses. Paulette was attentive and extremely knowledgeable. I decided to purchase the first dress. Eleven months after I came in for my dress fitting. We met Francois, the seamstress. Francois, like Paulette was amazing! I can't begin to explain how doting she was. She made the most amazing bustle. Francois, assisted me by dressing me the day of the wedding. People just don't do lovely things like that!  I highly recommend this place. The owner also is amazing, she ordered a dress for my mother. I was beyond satisfied by this place and know that my sister will probably get her dress from the Bridal World as well!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Lauren S

Bridal World was recommended to me by a friend and it wound up being the first and only place I looked! I found my fairytale wedding dress and beautiful bridesmaid dresses. The process from start to finish was easy and everyone was friendly and accommodating. Love Angie! Can't... Read More wait to show the dresses off!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Islam A

By far the worst experience I had while dress shopping. I initially called to ask if they had a specific dress in stock, and the girl on the phone was extremely nice and after getting a good feel for my style she insisted I should come in because they had "similar dresses". My... Read More appointment was at 11 am and I called no less than 5 times before arriving to confirm my appointment, and no one answered. I arrived at 10:58 and the store was dark and closed, and at 10:59 a woman arrived and asked if we had an appointment. I replied yes at 11 and she rolled her eyes and said "well its just about 11" as if I was a bother to her schedule. Upon arriving and filling out paperwork, another woman walked in in a panic because her daughter's veil was missing. It was not in the bag with the dress, and apparently there was no record of the purchase. Not only did the saleswoman completely abandon us to cater to the walk-in, but she was just as useless to help her replacing the veil. When she finally found the time to service us I told her about my encounter on the phone and showed her pictures of what I was looking for. She was very dismissive and essentially told me that they had nothing in my style at all and didn't bother to show me any dresses. This store seems to be significantly dysfunctional. The sales associates clearly don't understand what a bride is looking for, they do not keep accurate records, they do not care enough about the business to arrive before the first appointment, and they are overall rude and dismissive. Not exactly what a bride is looking for when trying to find her wedding dress. I highly recommend avoiding this vendor, there is no shortage of wedding salons in New York.

2017-08-04T11:20:35 Response from the vendor

We are so sorry that your experience was disappointing. Our goal is for every bride to have an amazing experience, as you can see from our other reviews. It is unfortunate that your appointment was interrupted by a distraught mother who had misplaced her daughter’s... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Leticia L

First and foremost I would like to thank the staff at The Bridal World for a amazing experience. I couldn't have picked a perfect establishment to find the PERFECT!!! dress. The ladies are very kind, pleasant and cater to your every need. So if your getting married and don't... Read More know were to start I recommend The Bridal World.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Debbie G

I said yes to the dress at Bridal world and couldn't be happier!! Ronnie, Stephanie and the Hannah were all amazing and so incredibly helpful. Ronnie has a great eye and after showing her a few pictures of the style I liked, she helped me pick out the most gorgeous dresses.... Read More Every single one I tried on was gorgeous and exactly the style I was looking for. I never felt rushed or pressured. They were all incredibly patient and stayed open past closing time so that I could find the right dress. Hannah who is the seamstress helped me visualize how she could tailor each dress to be exactly what I wanted. The selection of dresses they have a the store is incredible , the price is right and the staff is helpful, caring, honest, patient and experienced. Overall, I highly recommend this store!!

2016-11-16T11:54:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Amanda L

I had an amazing experience at The Bridal World! Such a warm place! Everybody was so helpful. I was very nervous, and they made everything so easy and stress free. Thank you to Ronnie for all of your help! 5 Stars!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 jenna a

I could not have had a better experience than I did finding my dress at The Bridal World. Ronnie and her staff were incredibly helpful and the store has a great selection of gowns while not being too overwhelming! I really got a feel for what I wanted and found my dress on my... Read More first visit. The seamstress, Angie, is amazing and so talented at what she does. She altered both mine and my mother's dress to be a perfect fit and made tweaks to my sister's veil for me so I could wear it as my "something borrowed." I would recommend this salon in a heartbeat and am so thankful for the wonderful service and ideal bridal experience.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jamie L

Ronnie is AMAZING!!! She was very patient and accommodating. I knew which dress I wanted but I tried on several others to make sure it was the one. Ronnie made the whole experience fun and exciting! She made sure I looked stunning on my special day! Thank you Ronnie!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

If I could give more than 5 stars I would! Ronnie and her staff are amazing! The store is extremely organized and clean! You really get undivided attention, they had so much patience to look at all the dresses with me and really help me find my perfect dress. I felt so happy... Read More and reassured! They are so knowledgeable and helpful and answer every question you could think of. This is really a one stop shop, they have everything from gorgeous wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, accessories, etc. They have such a beautiful selection. I would recommend this store to everyone. Overall, a great experience!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Danielle S

I am so thankful for Ronnie and her Bridal World staff in so many ways. They made my dreams come true by the absolutely fantastic job they did on my wedding dress. I still hear endless compliments! The experience from beginning to end was pristine along with my beautiful... Read More bridesmaid dresses. I will continue to recommend this store to friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Paula B

I had such a great experience at The Bridal World. This was the first bridal shop I went into in my hunt for the perfect dress, and I found it very early on. They have a great selection of all different styles! Even though I found the dress pretty early, they didn't push me... Read More when I told them that I wanted to try on dresses at some other salons just to be sure. Sure enough, I was back about a week later to purchase the dress. Pauline is SUCH a sweetheart! And the seamstress, Hannah, is a magician. The dress had to be ordered in a 6, even though my top would have fit in a size 0. So Hannah worked her magic, despite the extensive lacework and beading on the top, and you could not even tell that anything had been done to the dress! She also put the bustle in for my train, and it did not rip the whole day. It was the most secure bustle I had ever seen. Well worth every penny!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Kaitlyn B

5 STARS! I loved working with the ladies in Bridal World! They were so much fun! From the first time I went in there until my last fitting they made me feel like a friend and not a costumer. Hannah the seamstress is so funny and so talented! Everyone who works there is amazing.... Read More Their selection of bridal gowns is incredible. Every time I went in there I saw another dress I liked! I highly recommend making an appointment to go see them!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Kaitlyn B

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Jennifer B

I said yes to the dress this past weekend. I want to thank Stephanie she was amazing she was extremely patient, I came in with a few people and they were extremely accommodating. I visited plenty of stores and they kept steering me in one direction, I showed them what I had... Read More tried on and my mom and bridal party picked a ton of dresses for me to try on and not once did they make us feel uncomfortable. Stephanie took me out of what I was looking at and showed me different options that better fit me. I'm so happy I said yes to the dress and with my experience at Bridal World, and it's a beautiful salon. I highly recommend you going here they have a great selection.

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Tanya

I had a very bad experience. I felt rushed. I didn't get a warm feeling from Ronnie. Brides better off going to RK bridal DURING THE WEEK wide selection different designers. Stay away of the small shops if you are new to all of this.

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Danielle C

I just purchased my dress with them this past weekend and had the best experience. They were so attentive and helpful. Champagne toast after I purchased my dress, best experience ever.

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Rose V

Ronnie and her staff at The Bridal World were absolutely AMAZING!!! My mom and I were driving on past by her shop, and the look of the shop alone drew us in! The decor and selection are one of a kind, as are the staff. Ronnie & Stephanie took care of us the first time we went... Read More in, and gave us their undivided attention the whole time. I went again with my mom and future mother in law, and again the service was perfection. I said YES to the dress, and Ronnie truly made me feel like a bride. I would recommend this shop to ANYONE looking for the perfect bridal store, and the perfect dress!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Emily B

I recently finished working with The Bridal World and I had a fantastic time with them. Janine, who I think is no longer there, was amazing and helped me pick out a dress I could've never imaged. Ronnie took over from there and was fabulous. She was always on top of keeping me... Read More posted on the status of my dress. I come from Queens and take the train so Ronnie even said her husband could pick me up from the train for one of my fittings. I don't think I have enough characters to gush about Hannah, who was absolutely amazing and truly talented. My dress fits like a glove and even with its intricate bead work, Hannah didn't even sweat, she was an absolute master! I would definitely recommend The Bridal World from start to finish.

Ronnie

Ronnie started The Bridal World 2002 as the largest online seller of wedding dresses. The Bridal World storefront opened in 2004 in Baldwin, NY and has been in our current Freeport, NY location since 2015. Ronnie began her career as creative director for editorial bridal shoots that appeared in Brides Magazine, Bridal Guide and others. She also ran multiple successful manufacturing businesses that serviced the bridal industry. All of the gowns in our store are hand selected by Ronnie, who has close working relationships with many top bridal designers, who she considers friends.