The Brownstone

Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

10 E. Franklin Street, Richmond, VA (804) 519-9278

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Michelle H

I booked the Brownstone and Butler's Unique Catering for an anniversary party on 10/30/2016. We were the first event post upstairs renovation. The venue is beautiful. My event was elegant and professional but not stuffy. The food was delicious. MACARONI AND CHEESE BAR!!!!... Read More Whatever you do add on the Macaroni and cheese bar. It was a guest favorite! Todd and his staff, Ramsey, Jasmin and the others were always friendly with a "can do, we will take care of that" attitude. I thoroughly enjoyed working with them and would definitely book the venue and caterer again. It was like working with family or friends. Some of my guest even hugged the servers at the end of the evening!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Jessica J

I recently had my wedding here on 11/05/2016. I must say at first everything was good until the actual wedding ! When I first booked the venue I was told that the rugs would be clean and that was not the case. They didn't clean anything the ceremony chairs, plates were dirty and... Read More the worst part the food at my wedding was cold. Which I can't understand because I had such a small wedding. We sent over 14k and for things not to be done I'm very disappointed! Oh n not to mention the day of my wedding they were showing the venue to another couple. Very unprofessional! Overall the venue is lovely, but for the money we sent here is was not worth it!

2016-11-10T07:04:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review Jessica just to respond to your review. Your wedding was At 4:00 to 8:00. You asked us to wipe off the ceremony chairs and vacuum the carpet at 11:00 am. As we stated we don't do those due to weather... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

I recently booked my wedding here at this venue and to say I am highly disappointed is just the beginning. Everything started off great and everyone was helpful but as soon as I put my deposit down is when everything changed. The caterer for this venue is the absolute worst. He... Read More is rude and disorganized. I waited over 2 months for him to get back to me with our contract. When I finally did receive the contract it was wrong and it took him another 3 weeks to correct it. When I had questions about my venue (i.e if it rains on my day is there a backup area at the venue where I can take pictures) the caterer proceeds to tell me that he doesn't know because it has never rained on the day of a wedding. I find that very hard to believe that it has never once rained on a day for a scheduled wedding. When I reached out the actual venue to speak with them about the bad experience they kept referring me back to the caterer. Why would you refer me back to the person I am having the most issues with. I am so displeased with this venue. It is such beautiful venue but the customer service here is AWFUL. I just want my wedding day to be special and with this place I am nothing but stressed. When someone is spending over 12K for their wedding you just want everything right and for the caterer to at least be professional and send over the right information. I would not recommend this place to anyone. You are better off going down to the courthouse because this place will make you feel that way.

2016-08-16T14:16:34 Response from the vendor

This reviewer has never been in contact with us, booked with us.