Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

609 W Jefferson, Ann Arbor, MI (734) 665-6666

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Stephanie G

I'm so glad that we went with Jefferson Market for our wedding cake because they have the best tasting wedding cake I've ever had! We bought plastic to-go boxes so our guests could take cake to-go and by the end of the night there was none left! We got three different flavors,... Read More pink champagne, chocolate chocolate and lemon bundt with mixed berry filling. It was great to have the variety and all of our guests complimented us on our choice of cake :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Laura R

I chose Jefferson's Market to handle my cake because of their reputation & amazing customer service. Mary was easy to communicate with on every platform - in person, emails, and phone calls. She easily handled my changing opinions on how I wanted the cake to look, and was great... Read More by letting me show pictures in email of "I like this from this cake...and this from that" - she was able to take all those elements and make it exactly as I had imaged it. She made suggestions when asked and necessary to steer me away from ideas that maybe only sound good on paper =P The market was accommodating in allowing me ask for flavors/cream filling that they did not advertise. I got a three tiered round cake - accented with real flowers. They placed the flowers beautifully, the cake tasted wonderful, & I got compliments on it all night - only wished there was more! The value for what I paid versus what was served was well worth it, and very fair compared to other vendors in the area. I would not hesitate to book them for your cake - you will not be disappointed. Also, try out their market - super cute with hometown charm.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Melissa M

We ordered a 2 tier cake and different kinds of cupcakes for our wedding. They looked so cute and were so delicious! When we went for our tasting, the owner was so nice and the place is so cute! I wish it was close to my house! I would definitely frequent this business! Will... Read More surely do business again, for sure!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Erika B

We ordered a small cake from Jefferson Market to be displayed and then cut at our wedding. It was just what we asked for and super delicious. The place itself is so cute and looks like it has much more to offer than just cakes. Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Amy K

We had tasted many cakes before we got to Jefferson Market and when we had our tasting the cake was AMAZING! Mary was so easy to work with and made the exact cake I wanted. My guests are still talking about it 3 weeks later. We will probably all our cakes there from now on. The... Read More BEST!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Emily M

The cake turned out beautifully. It was simple and elegant, exactly what I wanted. It was also absolutely delicious.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Richard H

Absolutely the best cake we sampled. It's been a month since the wedding and people are still telling us how delicious it was! One of the best prices we found, also. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Tara M

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing! We had so many of our guests compliment us on the cake, and it was evident that they liked it because we barely had any to take home! The cake was moist and the flavors perfect. It was also affordable. Mary worked with us to give us the... Read More most delicious, perfect cake for our April wedding!

Couldn't be happier :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Nichole K

Jefferson Cakery did cupcakes for our wedding, along with a 6inch cake for us to cut. Everything was fantastic! They set up the cupcakes and cake the day of the wedding, so we didn't have to worry about transporting anything. We had regular and mini cupcakes, and everyone... Read More LOVED them :) Neither the groom nor I had anything specific in mind for cake decorations, but Mary was patient with us and gave us good direction. The sugar and fondant flowers on top of the cutting cake were lovely and matched the flowers we had in the bridal bouquet. I would absolutely use Jefferson again and recommend them for future brides!

Wedding Cake HEAVEN

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Meryl M

JMC is 110% perfect. They baked our groom's and wedding cake visions to life (and they delivered our cakes to our venue) 1. They are sweet, accommodating and super budget friendly. 2. Their cake is DELICIOUS!!! We got a ton of compliments about how yummy it was, and many... Read More people wanted a second helping. We went with the snow white cake and strawberry reduction filling (real strawberries) and our groom's cake was chocolate with Balieys filling (most people preferred the white) 3. our cakes were seriously perfect. More than what I imagined them to be. They made a boombox groom's cake for us - and the detail was just stunning. My hubby was blown away (it was a surprise for him). Our wedding cake was ruffled umbre with beautiful loose sugar flowers. Such a happy little bride. Thank you JMC!

Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Mariah L

I had Jefferson's Market create a wood/hunting themed grooms cake for my wedding.I got their red velvet with buttercream, in an 8"/10" tiered cake. They were very easy to work with, took my idea and worked with it and offered numerous options! Great taste, great texture and a... Read More fantastic price for a costume cake!

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Beth

I absolutely ADORE Jefferson Cakery! After searching for good quality cakes in the metro Detroit area and finding nothing that I could even hope to afford, I stumbled upon Jefferson Market! I emailed Mary (the owner) and she worked with me specifically to find exactly what I... Read More needed and for an AMAZING price. We later met with the cake decorator there and went over what we wanted our cake(s) to look like! The cakes they made for us, looked JUST like what I wanted. They were clean, modern, and they even put on the flowers we brought in for free! I hate the look of "fake cakes" or rather Fondant and my cakes were the EXACT opposite of that! HALLELUJAH. The buttercream frosting was to die for, and the rest of the cake was dense and moist..SO GOOD. I had numerous guests tell me it was the best cake they'd ever had! I DEFINITELY recommend Jefferson Cakery as the go-to place for wedding cakes!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Melanie j

This is the best place. The cake was awesome. We had 4 tiers and all different flavors. They use all natural products and they are so delicious. We toke home the top tier and ate it instead of freezing it for our 1st Anniversary. It was still so good a few days later. They tell... Read More you to eat the top tier and give you a free cake just like your wedding cake on your 1 year anniversary. They want you to enjoy the cake like you did on your wedding day. Make perfect sense to me. The price was unbelievable.

Amazing Cake

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Jenny M

I was so excited to get a cake from Jefferson Market! We went in for a tasting, thinking we would just have them as an option, and left with our cake picked out and the deposit paid! The cakes are amazingly tasty and beautiful! Everyone kept talking about it at the wedding! Make... Read More sure you order enough, people people will want seconds. We got a simple design and added our own flowers to keep the cost down, in addition to getting a sheet cake and a smaller tiered cake, which allowed us to stay completely within budget. We picked it up instead of having it delivered, which resulted in some little scuffs in the icing, but we were able to fix it with flowers. But, if you are a perfectionist, I would recommend having it delivered.

NOT what I wanted

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Melissa S

I ordered a cake from Jefferson Cakery for my wedding. The cake choices where yummy and beautiful. I showed them a picture of the cake they said that they could do that. When the cake showed up at my wedding it was UGLY and NOT ANYTHING like the picture; wrong color and... Read More number/shape of flowers. Luckily my mom is amazing and had made an extra cake. My mom is not a professional but her cake was a million times prettier than jefferson cakery's. We switched the cakes and the one my mom made was the cake we cut into. Jefferson cake is delicious but don't get it for your wedding!

Fantastic Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Katie M

We ordered a beautiful custom wedding cake from Jefferson Street Cakery and it was wonderful. Delicious cake, great service, and a beautiful design.

Mary is the best!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Adrienne H

I had a great experience working with Mary. She listened carefully to how I hoped the cake would look, and did a beautiful job with my slightly off-beat cake/cupcake display. It looked beautiful, and according to the guests, the desserts tasted delicious.

Great cake

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Lauren B

The cakes and cupcakes were divine!!!

Delicious, quality ingredients, great price!

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Meghan H

I couldn't be more happy with my cake. Mary at Jefferson market is the lead bakers. She meets with you and makes the cake, and ensures it is exactly how you want. They use quality ingredients (all butter, no shortening or crisco). The cake is rich and flavorful without being... Read More overpowering. It also turned out beautiful, and the price for the quality can't be beat!

yummy cake

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Jennifer v

It was delicious! But the only thing that they didn't accomplish was the colors. I asked for royal blue and they did a lighter blue but besides that it was good !

Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Ashley B

Our cake was delicious and gorgeous. The price was good too!

Cakery at Jefferson Market

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Katherine M

Our cake was beautiful and delicious - it's as simple as that! Mary Rasmussen did a wonderful job, and was easy to work with. She delivered on time and even though she generally doesn't rent out cake stands, because someone on her staff mistakenly said that we could have one,... Read More she honored that promise and offered us a cake stand as well. She was always available via email for questions and changes to our order, and the cake cost less than some other local vendors.

Hopefully this was a fluke...

Reviewed on 1/17/2012 Xin Y

I went in for a tasting months before my wedding and Mary, the owner, was very helpful. I originally discussed a large cake with Mary but eventually decided to do cupcakes from elsewhere. I wanted to order a small 8 inch from Jefferson for my husband and I to cut into, though.... Read More Mary was impatient with me when I discussed my change in plans and was curt when I tried to discuss with her the details of what the cake would look like. A few days before the wedding (I live in Maryland and was only home briefly before my wedding) I went in and asked her about it where she was more helpful. I left optimistic. When I picked up the cake, there was no denying that it was UGLY. Luckily it was just an 8 inch and I had made really cute cake toppers to save it. When we cut into the cake, it was hot pink and fruity tasting (we ordered champagne after trying it in person, where it was white and distinctly unfruity).

Average

Reviewed on 9/07/2011 Jenny B

Working with Allison was fun and easy. They had lots of beautiful pictures and ideas to choose from. The taste, however, was just sort of...boring. I didn't really care for any of the frosting choices. We ended up getting a small cake for decoration and cutting purposes,... Read More which was beautiful, but we supplied other desserts for our guests.

Fantastic Taste!

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 Rachel G

Jefferson Market was a very great value and had the best frosting for my cake! The cake looked exactly how I wanted it to and the flavors were fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone having a wedding in the Ann Arbor area. They do more than just wedding cakes, so make... Read More sure to check them out for shower cakes, birthday cakes, etc.