The Carolina Girl Yacht

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

95 Ripley Point Drive, Charleston, SC

The Carolina Girl

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Rachel R

Hats off to The Carolina Girl and its crew!  Captain Bob and Ashley were phenomenal!  This was an experience my family, friends and I will never forget! Everything was executed perfectly! If anyone ever asks me where they should get married my response will be "the only place... Read More to get married....The Carolina Girl!"

Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 8/21/2014

The Carolina Girl not only met but exceeded our expectations and contributed to making this special day extraordinarily exceptional. We chose the Carolina Girl for our wedding and reception after evaluating several different venues. Like others, we wanted something unique and... Read More exciting. We chose them for our wedding based on our experience with the people we interacted with like Capt. Bob and Camille and based upon feedback from others who had used them in the past. We could not have been more pleased with the professionalism and care the staff showed both preparing for the event and during the wedding. As an event planner, Camille took great care to help us identify and recommend several different options for everything we needed including caterers, flowers, pictures, etc. She ensured everything went smoothly leading up to the wedding and that nothing was left to chance. All of her preparation paid off as everything happened exactly when it was supposed to on the day of the wedding and the boat staff was fully prepared. The day of the wedding, Ashley was a consummate professional and handled any issues that arose quickly and effectively. We even had a problem with one of the vendors however Ashley jumped in and immediately handled the situation without any fuss on our part. She was a pleasure to work with; we could not have pulled this off without her. The staff was extremely professional and on more than one occasion went out of their way to make this event special not only for us, but for our guests as well. We want to personally thank Captain Bob as he was forthright about ideas for making the event great and providing insights into what he has seen that works best while keeping the wedding unique to our tastes. As others have shared with their feedback, all of our guests described it as the best wedding they had ever attended! We highly recommend this venue and staff to anyone.

Fabulous Rehearsal Dinner Venue

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Paige G

We hosted a dinner cruise aboard the Carolina Girl for our guests the night before the wedding. We could not have picked a better venue - everything was fabulous, and our guests had a wonderful time! It was such a beautiful setting, and the food from Jim & Nick's was... Read More delicious. Camille was incredibly professional and punctual with responses during the planning process. She quickly responded to all emails and made sure all of our (many) questions were answered to our satisfaction...she is the best! The night of the cruise, Ashley was incredibly helpful. She made sure we had enough food and beverage and kept us abreast of the timeline and events of the evening. The entire staff was professional and attentive, and they made the experience so enjoyable for everyone. We would definitely choose the Carolina Girl again!!

BEST Venue in Charleston

Reviewed on 4/03/2014 Kerin S

The Carolina Girl is the BEST venue in Charleston! I found The Carolina Girl online while researching venues for our destination Charleston Wedding. We wanted to do something different and once I found The Carolina Girl website online I knew had found our venue. Camille was a... Read More dream to work with in the planning stages of our nautical themed wedding and always got back to me ASAP when I had questions or concerns. She provided a list of preferred vendors and that’s how we found our amazing caterer Hamby Catering and fantastic photographer Red Shutter Studio. Captain Bob was a fantastic captain and officiant. He added that special something to our wedding ceremony and was great with all of our guests during the reception. We also loved the Captain’s crew and bartenders for their professionalism and expertise during our wedding. I know our party kept the bar busy all night long! While I was hesitant at first about not being able to meet our day of wedding coordinator before our wedding day, all of my worries went away once I met Ashley. Ashley was extremely organized and we had a blast with her! When I forgot to bring the music for our first dance she was on top of it and made sure we had it downloaded before the boat left the dock. Ashley always made sure Ryan and I were taken care of with a drink or anything we needed. She kept the night running smoothly and I cannot thank her enough. Many of our guests have told us that it was one of the best weddings they have gone to in a while and The Carolina Girl is in large part the reason why. I would recommend the Carolina Girl to anyone planning a Charleston Wedding!

Awesome Unique Venue with Great Staff

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Cheryl B

The Carolina Girl is a unique venue with a wonderful crew who impressed us every step of the way. From the very beginning we could tell that the Carolina Girl employed the best of the best - very helpful, passionate, personable, and knowledgeable employees. We were a bit... Read More uncertain on how a destination wedding would turn out, but the Carolina Girl did an outstanding job. The communication between the follow up phone calls, emails, and meeting Camille and Captain Bob on board the Carolina Girl made us confident that the Carolina Girl was the perfect venue for our wedding. We are so amazed with the way everything turned out and we wouldn't change a thing. The Carolina Girl is the perfect location for any event! We will definitely recommend the Carolina Girl to everyone in the Charleston area. The only changes I would recommend would be to talk more with the DJ regarding the lighting. The blue lights on the top deck were blinking to the beat of the music the entire time and in the video of our wedding it looks bad and gets really annoying, it was also like that during our ceremony (looking at the video I really wish the lights would have stayed solid or been turned off). Then only other thing is they serve cans of beer - I would have liked the beer to be poured into cups for a more classy look. It was an expensive venue but all our guests really enjoyed sightseeing around the harbor and we loved being unique and having a memorable venue.

Reviewed on 5/19/2013 Alice C

Love.Captain.Bob.&the.crew.of.the.Carolina.Girl! I've.known.Cap',so. Read More e.any.of.your.requests--(some.things.are.just.not.possible.due.t,, dn', he.ceremony.Great.sound.system!!!Geat.having.everyone.stay.for.t he.whole.ceremony&,haha. Plus, cheaper& ing.about.drinking&driving) ooms.through.the.Carolina.Girl....It.was.SOOO.much.FUN!!!!.Every one.said.they.had.a.blast&!

Best Wedding EVER!

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Megan S

From start to finish everyone at the Carolina Girl yacht ensured that I had the wedding of my dreams. I couldn't have asked for a more unique and special setting with a wonderful group of people to work with!

Anchors Away!

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Kerri J

We hosted a "Anchors Away" sunset tour of the Charleston harbor for our out of town guests. They were blown away with the size and decor of the boat. The crew was helpful and helped make the welcome party amazing.

Awesome wedding!

Reviewed on 6/07/2011 Caroline W

I love the fact we got married on a boat. It is an experience not like many others. The staff of the Carolina Girl were more than helpful, and helped every bit along the way.

TO The Carolina Girl Yacht