The Castle Tea Room

Lawrence, KS

Ballroom, Castle, Historic Venue

1307 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS (785) 843-1151

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Michael V

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Castle Tea Room. It was a beautiful place, perfect for a small wedding. It is such a beautiful and historical place that no decoration is needed for either ceremony or reception. There were 60 people joined us for the... Read More celebration. We had the ceremony inside the venue and the reception outside in the courtyard. It was a beautiful day. Everything was perfect. Lara and her crew (Ashley and Sydney) were very kind, supportive, and willing to help with everything. Our ceremony starts at 1pm. We were given the access to the venue at 9am without extra charge. That was super helpful; it gave us lots of time to set up and get everything ready as exactly what we wanted. Lara and her crew were always there to help throughout the entire day. When our bartender was late because of car broken down, Lara and her crew kindly stepped up and took over till our bartender arrived. Their help made it much easier for us to fully embrace the beautiful day and enjoy the celebration with our dear family and friends. We had a really great time with our family and friends and really had the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Chelsea B

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Castle Tea Room and everything was perfect!!!! I am so very happy we choose this location. It was absolutely beautiful and Lindsay coordinated everything perfectly. Lindsay was an absolute pleasure to work with! She extremely... Read More responsive and helpful, she coordinated with all of our vendors about the setup and helped guide our guests throughout the house, during the cocktail hour. She made sure everything went off without a hitch. We did not have to worry about a thing on the big day. I met with her at least 4 times during the year before our wedding and she was extremely patient and kind with me. The venue itself is gorgeous, we had both our ceremony and reception outside and the roses and peonies were in full bloom. I love the history behind the Castle Tea Room. It has such a wonderful atmosphere. Our guests commented that the Castle was beautiful inside and out! Compared to a lot of venues in Lawrence it was extremely reasonable. We really did have the best day ever and none of that would have been possible without such a wonderful location and lovely coordinator, Lindsay!

Great Venue and Coordinator!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Lisa R

The Castle Tea Room was great! It's the perfect size for a wedding of about 50 with great indoor and outdoor options. Inside is beautiful and original. What makes this place the most awesome, is the coordinator Lindsay. She is so easy and awesome to work with and is truly... Read More the reason my wedding day went so smoothly! She is quick to respond to inquires and totally professional, she is extremely flexible in allowing you to make your day special, and she took charge and made my wedding day a success when several different vendors were involved. I could not recommend this place and her help enough. Great venue!!!

Beautiful Venue & Lindsay is Great!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Megan G

We had our reception at the Castle Tea Room and could not have asked for anything better! We had a vintage-feel wedding and the atmosphere at the Castle was perfect! We used the interior for Cocktail Hour and the courtyard for a reception with 130 guests. Lindsay, the Executive... Read More Director, was a fantastic help to us throughout the entire process with recommendations for other vendors and helped us by communicating with some of them (which helps for a DIY-bride like me)! On the day of, Lindsay was very accommodating and helped us get last minute heaters (40 degrees in September, brr!) and was very flexible with times that we could come beforehand to set things up to lessen stress the day of. During the event, Lindsay helped with flow and timing and was a god-send to both my mom and the DJ. Would fully recommend!

Best Place to get hitched in Lawrence, Kansas!

Reviewed on 12/15/2011 Danielle B

I write this review as a happy newlywed, still floating on the buzz of having married my soul mate AND finding the most WONDERFUL venue to kick of the adventure of marriage...the Castle Tea Room in Lawrence. We were planning the wedding from out of town (Chicago) and we... Read More literally could not have done it without Andre Bollaert and his staff. One thing to remember--there's a lot to learn when you're trying to plan a wedding for the first time and it's hard work (especially if you're trying to do it in a five-month time frame like we were). Andre was there for every email, every question, every concern, he even gave thoughtful input and advice about my many (and I mean many) ideas for the wedding. The day of the wedding was FLAWLESS--it was so smooth and we were having such a great time enjoying the celebration! I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else--the price is really affordable (especially considering you're working with pros who will ensure you can just go about enjoying your day). We're still receiving compliments on how beautiful and unique the venue was...!

Castle Tea Room

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Lindsey C

We had our wedding here last month, and couldn't have been happier with the venue. It's a beautiful location and Andre, the coordinator, is absolutely fantastic. He's easily accessible by email and responds quickly. We got a great price in the off season, and all of our guests... Read More loved the historical aspect of the site. Another bonus - because the Castle is so beautiful, you don't need to spend a lot of extra money on decorations!

Absolutely wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2011 Heidi B

We had a small wedding ceremony on the front steps of the castle and a reception in the courtyard and it was just about perfect! Andre was incredibly helpful with everything - he didn't hesitate to give suggestions and was incredibly flexible with our event and what we wanted.... Read More I wouldn't have changed a thing! The ONLY negative bit is that it is rather close to the street, so there was some traffic noise during the ceremony. Once the evening got going and music started playing, nobody even noticed! An absolutely beautiful place for any event, thank you so much for making our day so special!

The Castle

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 Kate L

I truly couldn't have booked a better venue for my reception. Andre helped to make my husband's and my reception truly magical. His staff was professional, and went above and beyond before and after the event to make the night perfect. I can't even find words to express my... Read More gratitude towards Andre. He impressed my mom and I with his quick emails and ability to map out an amazing event! Thanks so much Andre for helping to make my wedding day so wonderful!!!

Fabulous location

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Kristi R

This location was beautiful … however, the best part was the staff. They were responsive to all our requests, gave us suggestions and helped us with all the small details. They were so pleasant to work with and made our day so much more relaxed. The only negative thing (and... Read More it wouldn't have changed our decision to use them) was that our wedding was outside on the patio and there was a fairly busy street on the other side of the fountain. We didn't realize there would be some street noise. We would have used a microphone had we known. But all-in-all this was a fantastic venue and we would recommend it to everyone! Andre knows his business!

Start a Conversation!