Current Contemporary Original

The Catering Company has been adding that "wow!" factor to events since 1991. Wedding receptions, corporate galas and meetings, social events large and small all receive The Catering Company’s signature level of exceptional service. This begins with our top priority, communication with our clients from first contact and throughout your entire event process. Our culinary team uses fresh, seasonal and local ingredients to create menu selections that are both pleasing to the eye and, most important, to the palate, insuring that you and your guests will find your event one to remember. We invite you to partner with our highly innovative event planning staff and our expert culinary team to create a truly remarkable event experience. Our experience, attention to detail and artfully designed menu

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

1307 East Fulton, Grand Rapids, MI greater Grand Rapids area (616) 454-7475

Excellent food and service

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Tara Q

We got married almost two weeks ago, and I still have people telling me how amazing the food was. It is one of the most frequent compliments we've received about our wedding day. My husband and I ate a small portion of our meals (just way too amped up and hectic) but what we did... Read More have was delicious and very "non-catering." It could have come straight out of a restaurant kitchen - you couldn't tell at all that it came from a buffet. They offer a ton of options to choose from, and they did a great job of making the buffet table look like a natural part of our reception. I worked with Kim mostly during the process, and she's absolutely amazing. I would definitely recommend TCC for any catering need.

amazing

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Sara T

everything was perfect! the food was raved about afterwards and the service was top notch!!

Delicious Food, Awesome Service

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Lindsey S

The Catering Company was wonderful to work with. They were the only caterer who was willing to create dishes just for us (that were so good!) and serve our dinner family-style. Everyone told us the food was amazing, and they staff they sent to our event was super friendly,... Read More professional, and made everything go very smoothly.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jennifer T

This was THE BEST FOOD we sampled during our search. Disclaimer, we did not book them because they could not work out of our venue's small kitchen. However, we tried 6 low-mid-priced caterers in GR and The Catering Company was BY FAR the most delicious! We walk the line of... Read More "foodies" and wish this were a restaurant so we could enjoy their risotto cakes and pork fromage any time! They bent over backwards trying to craft a hybrid plated/buffet for us that they felt comfortable serving from the small kitchen. It came down to us not wanting any sort of buffet, and TCC would not compromise the quality of their food by risking it in the small kitchen. Their prices for plated were absolutely competitive with other mid-range vendors... such a better value given their tasty food. I cannot speak to how the food would turn out during the event.

Reviewed on 6/26/2015

We had a fantastic experience with The Catering Company. Everybody in our reception from young to old raved about the meal of which we choose to do the buffet style as we had some people with specific food needs & this provided the best way for them all to have choices for their... Read More plates.

Disappointed

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Jennifer B

We thought the food was good during the tasting when we planned everything before the wedding, but were disappointed with the day of the wedding dishes. There were large changes made to the meals that we were not told about which made the meals not taste and not look as good. We... Read More were planning the wedding out of state and wanted to be sure we were happy with meal selections so we made a second tasting appointment, and they charged a ridiculous amount of money for it. We wanted to be happy with the Catering Company, but were very disappointed with how the meals turned out and how the servers were.

The Catering Co.

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Katie C

I'm so glad I chose The Catering Company for my wedding reception! The food was AWESOME! People were giving me compliments on the food at the reception. We served the beef pot roast & cherry pecan chicken. The service was wonderful as well. I highly recommend them!

Arrogant and Unprofessional

Reviewed on 2/09/2012 Sarah S

I'll keep this short even though it could easily be pages. If you're looking for a good price and good food go with Applause Catering. They're not helpful and there food is not even close to how it sounds on the menu. Just take my advice, do not waste your time. And, if you... Read More still want to try it, make sure you do a tasting before you give them money! Not only was I the bride, but my husband and I are both graduates from culinary school and we work in the hospitality industry. The food was really important to us and we were super let down.

EXCELLENT

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Amber E

WONDERFUL food and excellent service. Very flexible in coming early too.

Rating for The Catering Company