The Chocolate Rose

Cape Cod, Boston, Rhode Island

Cake Artistry & Fine Pastries

The Chocolate Rose provides an intimate client experience paired with fresh, quality cakes and confections, executed at the highest level of elegance and artistry.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cakes + Desserts

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

P.O. Box 433 Forestdale, Sandwich, MA Cape Cod, Boston, Rhode Island (774) 238-7020

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Brittany G

AMAZNG.. AND DELICIOUS! Vanessa is a genius with baking and a true artist at designing the most gorgeous desserts. I had a vision in my head of our cake, she did exactly that and more! expectations were exceeded. We received so many compliments on how beautiful our cake was and... Read More yummy it was! Another thing that was a must for me was a football cupcake display. We are huge football fans and i wanted to incorporate that into our wedding some how! After i got to see our cake for the first time and was already taken back with happiness for it i went to our cupcake display and could not believe it.. blown away it was the best thing i have ever seen! Just goes to show Vanessa can create anything you want and bring your visions to life AND have it taste amazing. We loved working with her, she is so kind, so thankful for her!

Delicious Gluten Free!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 kate w

We hired Vanessa from The Chocolate Rose to do our wedding cake & cupcakes. I am gluten free & often times I am less than impressed by GF baked goods. The Chocolate Rose is definitely an exception to that rule! Initially, I was planning on doing a combo of GF & regular... Read More cupcakes, but after doing a tasting that included only GF, we decided that all of them should be. All of our guests were floored by the fact that they were GF & you couldn't even tell. On top of the taste, the presentation was gorgeous & the price was very reasonable. Rather than eat stale cake on our 1 year anniversary, Vanessa is providing a fresh cake for us to enjoy!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 5/25/2012 Sara G

I contacted Vanessa with only a few months before the big day with really no idea what we wanted. She met with me, showed me ideas, brought me flavor samples and we figured it out together. She was really great about communicating in a timely manner and always double and triple... Read More checked details with us (delivery time, address, date). I also added a groom's cake about a month before the wedding and she delivered with perfection! Our wedding cake was so beautiful we didn't want to cut into it and our guests are still raving weeks after! We also love that although she will freeze the top tier, she offers the alternative of contacting her before the first anniversary and she will make you a new "top tier" at no additional charge!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Zack F

Super easy to work with and delicious desserts!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Cait S

As soon as my daughter and I met Vanessa from Chocolate Rose we knew she was the one that would create a special dessert table for my daughter’s wedding. My daughter got married this past weekend (10/28/2017) and the dessert table was just amazing. Vanessa is a genius at... Read More creating a table design that was elegant, gorgeous and every dessert was absolutely beautiful and delicious. The guests thought the entire display was exquisite and we got some many compliments. It was perfect, had the wow factor and well beyond what we expected..

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Cate P

Vanessa was great to work with. She really listened to what we wanted and totally delivered. The cake was gorgeous and delicious!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jessica S

Vanessa of The Chocolate Rose was a dream to work with. Her cake flavors are creative and delicious. We gave her an idea of what we were looking for in our wedding cake and she brought it to life. Our cake was elegant but above all tasted incredible! And she offers a fresh cake... Read More for your anniversary so you don't have to eat year old, frozen cake! We enjoyed every interaction we had with Vanessa and would highly recommend The Chocolate Rose to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Rebecca A

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Vanessa and the Chocolate Rose were recommended by our venue and we couldn't be more happy with the results! We had a 100 person wedding with a 3 tier cake and went with a different flavor per tier (chocolate raspberry, chocolate champagne mousse, and my... Read More favorite- the fireside favorite aka s'mores). The tasting was lovely and super fun as I went with my teenage cousins since my fiancé wasn't able to make it. She executed my cake requests beautifully and the end result was just stunning. We went with a darker grey icing with gold accents and she was super willing to go along with this more non-traditional request (and figure out how to make it taste great). Added bonus for Instagram loving people- Vanessa keeps her feed up to date so you are able to see her most recent creations through your whole planning process. Would HIGHLY recommend the Chocolate Rose to future couples!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Rose K

Absolutely OUTSTANDING! Vanessa spent a lot of time with my husband and me discussing the design for our wedding cake and was very communicative during the whole process. It was absolutely gorgeous - just as I had imagined! We had 3 different cakes for the three tiers: pink... Read More velvet, mudslide, and lemon, all with a perfect buttercream frosting. Our guests were overwhelmed with how beautiful and delectable the cake was. Very impressive!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Ariel H

I'm gluten free, so I know how hard it is to make a delicious gf cake...and Vanessa did it! None of my guests could tell and everyone said it was amazing. Vanessa made an original design on our cake, incorporating our wedding invitation design. It was beautiful, tasty, and she... Read More was wonderful to work with.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Amanda S

Vanessa did an amazing job with everything. The desserts were all delicious and the display was beautiful. We did a spread of different mini desserts for our wedding and everyone loved it. She was very easy to work with and great at helping us plan and decide on everything. We... Read More are from out of state but I am sure that we will be calling her again when it's time for an anniversary celebration on The Cape!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Erin R

Vanessa's work was absolutely gorgeous AND delicious! She was able to give us the most for our budget and was so incredibly professional. Vanessa is so sweet and she was able to work with our dietary restrictions as well. The Chocolate Rose will definitely stay in my contacts... Read More for our next big event.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Elegant A

We love working with The Chocolate Rose! They are literally "the sweetest part of event planning"!! Vanessa and her team are incredibly talented, creative and thoughtful. With an extensive list of flavors, there is something for everyone. After one of our weddings, I... Read More planned on sharing the extra cupcakes with my family. But sitting in Cape Cod traffic on the way home, I ended up eating them on the way! Oops! The Chocolate Rose is simply irresistible! ~ Elegant Aura

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Barbara H

The Chocolate Rose was amazing, very accommodating and the BEST deserts we've ever had. Vanessa asked all the right questions before our wedding and the table with our cake and petite pastries was breathtaking! She followed our wedding theme but best of all the guests are... Read More still raving about her creations 2 months later! I can't wait to have a party so that I can order more! I have and will continue to recommend the Chocolate Rose to everyone.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Chelsea S

Vanessa. Is. Amazing. And so are her cakes! She was so patient with us throughout our planning process; she set up a second tasting for us when we couldn't decide on our final flavor, she made a second gluten free cake specifically for my sister at the wedding, and when I... Read More couldn't find the right pedestal, she let me rent her most beautiful one! Not to mention, she makes the most delicious cake I have ever tasted. Five stars across the board- book her for your event and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Heather R

Met Vanessa last week, she was wonderful and accommodating as well as creative! I showed her my dream cake and she made it even better, definitely recommend her!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Donna R

Vanessa was able to execute our nautical vision real and wonderful! The guests gasped when they saw it ... simply gorgeous and memorable. Not only was it esthetically exquisite, but it tasted heavenly too! I would highly recommend Vanessa to design and create a wonderful and... Read More special cake for your special day to make it complete ... you won't be sorry but grateful as we were!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Crystal K

We had such a great experience with The Chocolate Rose. She has so many cake flavors and we got to taste whichever ones we wanted and the sample size was huge! And we got to keep the leftovers! All of the favors were absolutely delicious. She created a beautiful wedding cake... Read More for our wedding. I will definitely contact The Chocolate Rose for any of our cake or bakery needs in the future.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Anna F

Once my mother got her hands on the menu options that Vanessa offered for wedding desserts, we knew that we were going to work with her. The options are endless and she makes things so customizable. Vanessa typically recommends 5-7 items for a dessert table and we ended up going... Read More with 12! It's just so yummy! She also set up such a beautiful display at our wedding -the guests couldn't get enough!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Caitlin A

Vanessa is a treasure. She's such a joy to work with! From the very first meeting with her, we instantly hit it off. She's kind, knowledgeable and engaging. She listened to our ideas but more importantly got to know us as a couple-- what made us special, what was unique to our... Read More relationship. We came in with pictures of other cakes that we liked, but had other ideas we wanted to incorporate and did not know how. We're archaeologists (we met on an archaeological dig) so we wanted to include that in our special day. She took that and ran with it, giving us all sorts of ideas of unique ways to pay tribute to our profession and our story. Her suggestions were things I would never have thought of on my own, but would make our day uniquely us. She never let us settle for something we had just seen on Pinterest. She is an artist and really takes the time and energy to make the perfect cake for each couple. I was really nervous about the final outcome of the cake, as I was unsure how it would all come together (we'd never seen anything like it, after all-- how many archaeologist cakes are there?) but it was better than we ever could have imagined. It came out better than perfect. Her craftmanship and attention to detail was astounding. We gave her a really complicated image to replicate, in a small and cramped space, and she executed it flawlessly. We couldn't believe it! It was the perfect centerpiece and everyone couldn't stop saying how amazing it was. She also provided us with archaeology themed cookies to accent our tea bar, and those were fabulous as well. We couldn't have asked for a better treat! And, to top it all off, Vanessa's cakes are HANDS DOWN the best cakes we have ever had. The unique and expertly crafted flavors are so yummy and moist. I could quite literally eat her cakes (and cookies) for the rest of my life and be so happy doing it. Her frostings are so flavorful and rich, but you won't ever feel overladen with sugar and sweetness.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Laura D

Vanessa at the Chocolate Rose Cake Shoppe was great to work with for our wedding cake. She was very dedicated to making my husband and my vision come true for our perfect wedding cake. Our guests all loved the way our cake looked and tasted. I would absolutely recommend The... Read More Chocolate Rose Cake shoppe to anyone who wants a wonderful experience picking the perfect cake or treat for their wedding or event!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jamie M

I highly recommend the Chocolate Rose. We decided on cupcakes for our wedding and they were absolutely beautiful and delicious! There are so many wonderful flavors to choose from and Vanessa is fantastic.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Jen B

The Chocolate Rose came highly recommended to me by the Popponeseset Inn, and what a great recommendation it was! We began planning our Cape Cod wedding from half way across the country, which was not an easy task, and Vanessa immediately put us at ease. She was informative,... Read More helpful, and extremely kind. We were impressed with her experience and knowledge in the "industry." Vanessa is not just a baker. She is truly an artist who helped create a gorgeous, unique, and tasty cake that exceeded our expectations. She has creative ideas and was beautifully skilled at her craft. Our cake was three tiered and each layer was something different and deliciously exciting. Guests were raving about all the different flavors and enjoyed sampling each kind. She even made a yummy gluten free cake for guests who had a GF allergy. She was really able to showcase her versatile style! We cannot wait to eat our wedding cake all over again on our first anniversary, as Vanessa bakes a fresh cake, free of charge, for us to enjoy in a years time. I recommend Vanessa without reservation!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Bridget A

I had been looking forward to our cake since the taste testing. It was as good as I remembered. Vanessa was great to work with and made the cake look just how we wanted it to. It was a great size and bigger than I expected (we had it for 75 people since we got a sheet cake for... Read More 50 to provide a different flavor and save money). Even though the contract had the sizes, I was nervous it would be small. We were lucky to even have some left over to take home with us. She also worked with us to provide some cookies to help out with our traditional Pittsburgh Cookie table. Everything came out great.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Samantha B

I highly recommend using Vanessa! She brought my vision to life and we got SO many compliments on the cake. She went above and beyond and I couldn't be happier with the result! She helped make my wedding the best day ever. THANK YOU!!