Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Passed Appetizers, Servers, Food + Catering

99 Painters Mill Road, Baltimore, MD (410) 356-1666

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Sarah H

We had a great feeling about this caterer from the moment we called to schedule a tasting. After a year of planning and a wonderful wedding, we couldn't have made a better decision to select this vendor. We were assigned Lynn Piette as our point of contact and when we arrived at... Read More their offices, we were greeted warmly and noticed a chalkboard sign saying “Welcome Sarah and Carter”. These little touches really made a difference. We were shown to the staging room that was clean and simply decorated. The room had a nice window into the kitchen area so we could see the Chef and his staff in action, which was really cool! The server who assisted Lynn was professional, kind and warm. Note: we were not charged for our tasting. Lynn was great about listening to our vision before the meeting, during the tasting, and throughout the entire process. Her feedback was never judgmental or pushy, simply offering her knowledge about the venue, industry, and what was possible within our budget. Her candid and honest feedback (especially her working within our budget) was sincerely appreciated. From early on in the meeting, we both knew that this was the only catering company we wanted to hire. Lynn integrated everything we wanted into our menu. The Chef came out at one point to ask for our feedback and assure us that changes could be made to the menu selection, to the taste of the food and that he was very open to working with us to make sure everything was to our liking. We couldn’t have had a better experience. After receiving the proposal (which was very reasonable) we immediately sent back the signed contract. From that moment on, we felt like everything was under control. Lynn set out a timeline for what we were to accomplish over the next several months and asked us to collect pictures and ideas for to move forward. As we were unfamiliar with the area, we asked Lynn for her preferred vendors for florists, bakers, and so on because we wanted to make sure that the team working with the catering company was a team that had a pre-existing relationship. Lynn offered her suggested list (of two or three options for every type of vendor as to not be biased) and we selected accordingly. The team was great, and the night we walked into the ceremony and reception, we felt like our vision had come to life. In the two weeks up to the wedding, Lynn really acted as a wedding coordinator would and took on a lot of responsibilities that we weren’t expecting. It was incredibly appreciated. Lynn put together a timeline for the evening, helped with last minute detailing such as dessert bar signs, bar signs, and even came to the rehearsal the night before the dinner to make sure everything would be set up to our liking and the coordination with the venue was finalized. The night of the wedding, Lynn and her team were wonderful! The guests loved all of the food from the hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail reception, to the main courses and dessert bar at the reception. Everything tasted delicious (and was hot! With 130 guests, that’s not an easy feat!!) Moreover, the service was unparalleled. As we were taking photos during the cocktail hour, my husband and I were assigned a lovely server who made sure we had some of the delicious hors d'oeuvres. Throughout the evening, we were taken care of really well. When I accidentally knocked over my crystal champagne flute, the staff was quick to clean it up and make sure nothing looked amiss.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Samantha M

It's hard to know where to start, but suffice it to say that we were thrilled with Classic Catering and would highly recommend them. The service was outstanding, as was the food. The hors d'oeuvres were awesome and the main dish was amazing - we did a duo-plate of short ribs and... Read More sea bass, and our guests simply raved. The wedding cake was also delicious. Our wedding was at the Lord Baltimore Hotel, for which Classic is the exclusive caterer. David Atkinson, the Account Executive, was an absolute delight to work with. We worked with him very closely from beginning to end, and he was one of the main reasons we chose to go with the Lord Baltimore for our wedding venue. David brings new meaning to the term "personalized service" -- he learned every necessary detail about us, our families, and our event to ensure that the day was perfect (and it was!). When we first met David I mentioned to him that I was going to be picky about the beer menu, and on our next visit he brought me a six-pack of one of my favorite beers (he had taken mental note!) and tied a white ribbon around each bottle. So adorable, and appreciated! David was also extremely flexible and accommodating, he gave us at least 4 tours of the hotel with no complaint. Finally (and it seems silly to comment on this after everything else but it's worth noting), the menu tasting was wonderful and so fun. It was so professional, the service was great and the presentation was gorgeous. We had a very hard time narrowing down our menu because everything was so delicious. It was such a pleasure!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Laura T

Unbelievable service throughout the planning process and on the day of our wedding. Our guests commented that the food and cake were the best they'd ever had at a wedding!

Amazing Food/Presentation

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Kristin Z

The Classic Catering people were spot on when it came to the service, quality, and taste of the food during our special day. Corey the service manager was very accommodating and truly helped everything run smoothly. Classic Catering has a point person at the Lord Baltimore Hotel... Read More that we dealt with named David. David helped us with the walk through, assisted in planning the menu, coordinated the vendors coming into the hotel, and even let us in two days before the wedding to store some of the larger items we were using. Our relationship with David had its rocky points but the end result was a product both sides were very proud of. Larry Frank, VP/Partner of Classic, was present for our tasting and helped guide us through the different menu items Classic Catering offered. The tasting presented by Classic Catering was unreal. Anything we asked for was quickly taken into consideration and adjusted in the kitchen on site. We had so much food leftover from the tasting that we were able to take home, it was awesome! We know that the food prepared for the wedding was also amazing because our guests couldn't stop raving about it. We even had several friends snapchat their entrees because it was such a great presentation. The appetizers during our cocktail hour were delicous as well. Given our positive experience with the company, we would recommend the services of Classic Catering to anyone who is looking for a catering company.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Hannah T

We had the best wedding day that we could have ever imagined with great thanks to The Classic Catering People! From our consultation to the reception, everything about working with them was above and beyond our expectations. Nicole was our Account Executive, and she was... Read More professional, efficient, enthusiastic, and wanting to go the extra mile for my husband and I. She was there every step of the way to ensure we had our perfect reception!! Their food was DELICIOUS, their service was exceptional, and they even helped "save" our atrocity of a cake (not their bakers...a decision which we regret). Thank you all so much for everything! Truly Classic Catering People. :)

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 stacy s

After two years of planning my daughter's wedding, due to circumstances out of our control, we had to re-plan to a new location in five days. Nicole and Larry went out went out of their way to move to a new site and make sure we could keep our same menu. Plus, with three days... Read More notice they catered the rehearsal dinner which had to be moved to our home. The service was impeccable and the food was absolutely delicious. A pleasure to work with and a talented staff of cooks, servers and coordinators. I highly recommend Classic Catering for any event. Stacy Sapper stein

Perfection!

Reviewed on 1/24/2015

With great pleasure, my family celebrated my mother’s 75th birthday on Sunday, January 18 at the Lord Baltimore Hotel. A day that began with an ice storm that prevented 21 guests traveling from Philadelphia to enjoy the day ended with a lifetime of warm memories to share. At the... Read More center of it all was The Classic Catering People. Terri Young. What a treasure. It began as a simple e-mail---”Terri, my family would like to host a party for my mom.” The flurry of activity that those simple words set into motion is stunning. Through a series of questions and attentive listening, Terri created the vision for the venue, menu, decor, invitations and music. We remain in awe of how she captured Mom so brilliantly. Plus, the care she took in creating the setting with floral, linens, lighting and tableware, the “reveal” for the dessert, hot beverages and signature cake design, the coordination of all the vendor teams with a master timeline---brilliant. The food, second only to Terri, is the reason we chose The Classic Catering People. Always creative, delicious, plentiful, and approachable. I mention approachable in the most positive way. Your culinary team’s use of fresh ingredients is the highlight of each dish. To know what we are eating in this generation of garish garnishes and distortion of real flavors is so welcome! Hard to pick a favorite when all were so beautiful and tasty. Dinner was perfection. My mom is known for feeding her family very well and this menu was a reflection of her holiday meals. We are still hearing these compliments, one week later. Event Manager Pat Walker, Chefs Donald and Michael and Team Members Angela, Asia, David, Everette, Kimberlynn, Kirl, Lynn, Maria and Will continue to be shining stars of the day. From taking great care to ensure that my family was well-hydrated and fed to the precision in which each guest received their dinner courses and wine, the service demonstrated by The Classic Catering People remains unmatched. Family from across the country were impressed by the five-star service. Of course, we in Baltimore know it simply as A CLASSIC!

YUM!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Maretta K

The people at Classic Catering were wonderful to work with. Not only was the food delicious, they were so helpful in helping us create the vision we had for our event. Guests could not stop talking about the awesome food and the uniqueness of the stations we chose. We... Read More worked with Nicole Van Natta who is a true gem. She was very hands on helpful and professional. She truly helped to create the event of our dreams and I am sooo thankful that she was there to help us.

YUMMMMM

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

Lynn and the staff at Classic are phenomenal! The food was just as fantastic as in the tasting and definitely impressed the crowd! They do so much more than just the food- Lynn took care of so many small details- truly above and beyond! Our wedding planner was lacking quite a... Read More bit and Lynn really stepped up and filled in that role. She coordinated vendors, ordered linens, chairs, and so much more. I only have the kindest things to say about this team!

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Erica D

The reception was at the Pier 4 wing on the National Aquarium. Classic catering was the only alternative to the Aquarium’s in house meal service provider. Nothing about their services, food, or attentiveness were short of phenomenal. Staff (we personally worked with Nicole V.)... Read More was so thorough in their planning and consideration that they put us at ease leading up to the wedding. As the largest expense at our wedding, and arguably one of the largest components of the reception, their competency and their art made the service portion of our wedding so memorable. Nicole and her staff worked seamlessly with our other vendors. Perfect flow. Our guests raved about the food, drinks and service. If you are having your reception at the National Aquarium, they are the obvious choice. Elsewhere, we recommend them without hesitation to anyone in the region.

There are no words to explain how happy I am

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Jessica V

They were amazing! Kelly was great with all the planning. Our tasting was professional. We had a walk through the week before which helped me see where everything would go and so that we would all be on the same page. The food was amazing! We ate our entire meal! The staff was... Read More great. I never went to the bar. Whenever I needed another glass of water or a drink they always seemed to be there. They addressed us by name and helped me bussel my dress when it came undone, helped me change my shoes, and had a towel to wipe my hands on when a drink spilled on my hands. They were amazing! More then I would have asked for!

THE BEST

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Jamie W

I have no doubt that this is the BEST catering company in the Baltimore area. I got more compliments about my food than anything else. Everything was absolutely delicious and was very fresh. They even created my cake based on a photo I found on the internet! Bobby Pressman is... Read More the best in the business and he will make sure your wedding food is flawless!

don't look any further!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Jennifer C

I cannot say enough good things about classic catering. They made my wedding at the George Peabody Library spectacular! They were extremely warm and flexible to our requests. First off, for our tasting, they made me and my family feel so special and welcome. They had signs... Read More posted at their space that said our names and our wedding date and even printed out tasting menus with our names and wedding date. It was difficult to decide on 6 passed apps for the cocktail hour because everything we tasted was so good, so they said, "don't worry about it, choose 7". Another example is for our cake we asked for a semi-different cake that we had purchased once at another bakery in Baltimore. At the tasting, classic's pastry chef came out with the cake and it was spot on. I had tears in my eyes that he was able to and took the time to duplicate it. He even provided 3 different variations of the filling for us to taste to make it just right. When it came time for the actual event, my guests were raving about the food all night. Classic even appointed a server for the cocktail hour to follow me and my husband around specifically with a mixed tray of all of the passed apps to ensure that we were able to get some food and try them all. In addition, we had 4 adults that ended up not coming to the wedding, and we were able to call Classic the night before the wedding and they made the adjustments. They even credited us back the money for those guests who did not attend! Classic thought of everything and we are so happy that we were able to work with them. Lynn is a gem.

Ehhhhh

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Darrillyn B

The food was alright. The calamari was overcooked, the salmon, sirloin and mashed potatoes was good. They also did my cake. If I could do it over, I would've went to a bakery. The server that we had was amazing, she was really friendly and sweet, But whoever was in the back... Read More helping distribute the cake was disrespectful. My wedding party and guests told me about it afterwards because if they told told me sooner, it would've been an issue right then. Lynn Piette was an amazing day or person. I would recommend her to anyone.

Great Caterer!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Julie B

Classic catering did an excellent job for our wedding reception! Everyone was raving about the food and they were so helpful along the entire wedding planning process.

First Class, Top-Notch Catering for an atypical we

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 LAUREN S

My husband and I had a guest list topping 300 guests and preferred not to do a sit down dinner. Bobby Pressman of Classic Catering put together an incredible menu for us. We treated our guests to five rounds of passed hors' dourves that leaned heavier as the night went on. He... Read More started with items like brie & fig quesadillas, mac n cheese cups, and bruschetta - by the end we were serving crab cake sandwiches and lamp chops. None of our items required silverware, and while we had enough seating for all of our guests, we didn't want them sitting! Our band played three long sets and kept the party going. We did not force our guests to sit. Bobby and the team from Classic were spectacular. The menu was killer and the service from the staff was wonderful. It was certainly a bit of a different wedding in terms of timing, and they did a wonderful job. Bobby also helped us design and decorate the space - everything from a black and white checkered dance floor to real, bar-height bars with bar stools on the side of the dance floor. (They even put olives and nuts and pigs-n-a-blanket on the bars!). Bobby thought of everything. Dan and I couldn't have been happier with how they executed our big day. I wouldn't think of using anyone else to cater anything...Bobby even did the morning brunch as the bridal party prepared! Please, please, please call Bobby!

Doesn't live up to their reputation

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 Sea S

Class Catering has a reputation of being the largest and best caterer in Baltimore, as their representative repeatedly reminded us. On the administrative side, they answer phone calls and are flexible about schedule times. However, they act like a omniscient monopolists: (1)... Read More they were not only condescending to us, but also to their younger employees that we were uncomfortable to be around them; and (2) they were unwilling and unable to accommodate special dietary needs (they tried to pass off food containing gluten as gluten free). For all this, they were more expensive than other caterers. Our experience we Classic was so bad, we immediately ruled out all venues which had them as their exclusive catering vendor. I would not even waste my time with a tasting.

2011-11-11T14:08:42 Response from the vendor

Hi DustyPiper, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. First off, I’d like to sincerely apologize for your experience. I can assure you the condescending and unaccommodating attitudes you described are totally unacceptable and not at all typical from our team. I... Read Less Read More

Ask for Bobby

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Elisa S

Bobby has done events on the USS Constellation before and he made MY wedding uniquely mine. No two events are the same. He worked with the chef to work around all my allergies (MANY!) and from what I heard the food was amazing!!! I only got one bite :( The cake was extra for us... Read More as we were focused on the grooms cake but it was still delicious!! it was an awesome party thanks to Bobby. I had some issues with one member of their staff she wanted to tell me what to do and where to cut (the top tier!) and she didnt save us any food like we requested we went to our hotel starving! but bobby and the owner larry made it right. I would definitely recommend them for any wedding, party, or any other catered event. they are truly magical

Best in Baltimore!

Reviewed on 9/14/2011 Jillian D

I was married the weekend of Hurricane Irene on the waterfront in Baltimore, MD. We worked with Alan Pressman from Classic Catering, who not only coordinated our rehearsal for us (we had a friend officiate the wedding), but helped us push back the wedding by 3 hours when our... Read More venue informed us that we'd have to be out of the venue by 8 p.m. (instead of midnight) with only 12 hours notice. Food is fantastic and the service was top notch. They set up everything for us, allowing us to really enjoy our wedding day and not sweat the details (or the Hurricane!).

Best caterer in the area!

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Karen C

The food is delicious, the service is one of a kind, and the attention to detail is phenomenal. Highly recommend working with Bobby!

Best Caterer in Baltimore

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Meghan F

We just had our wedding at the George Peabody Library this past June. As many couples know the Peabody Library requires couples to choose between the Classic Catering People and Chef’s Expressions for their catering options. Both companies gave a great presentation, but... Read More Classic Catering had the edge with Lynn Piette. Lynn acted as a wedding coordinator during the whole process, and made sure that every detail of our wedding reception was beautifully planned. She found the perfect linens, drew up a fantastic floor plan, and she worked with the other vendors to ensure our planning was a seamless process. Classic helped us every step of the way even for other services such as finding a great hotel room block or suggesting parking arrangements for our guests. We knew that we chose the correct catering company on the day of our wedding. Their staff executed ever aspect of our wedding perfectly and Lynn made sure the reception was a seamless event. The appetizers, cocktail hour, and dinner were amazing. Every staff member addressed us by name and made us feel like royalty. I would be remiss in not thanking Jackie Shugarman, who personally waited on our table during the reception. Classic even ensured that we had our time to sit and eat dinner uninterrupted during the reception – something many other catering companies do not do. Our guests are still raving our wedding and a large portion of that was due to the efforts of Classic Catering. Choose Classic with confidence. You won’t regret the decision.

I do not have enough good things to say.

Reviewed on 10/26/2010 Janet S

Where to start? 1.Kelly Girard is my Hero. As my event manager/contact, she made everything so effortless and easy, was clear in her communication, and I never once had a problem getting in touch with her. She was my right hand-woman! It was like having a wedding coordinator... Read More for free. 2. No dry chicken here. Steak. and it was gooooood. 3. I had a strict vegan arrive, and I didn't pick out any vegan meals. No problem! Not only were the sweet potato apps delicious, I got complements on them! 4. I do not know who tended the bar that night. Neither does any of my family or bridal party. We never had to go there for more beverages. 5. Someone crashed my wedding. Seriously. I have no idea who they were. Not a problem - they got steak, too. 6. So I underestimated the popularity of my white wine. Apparently it got refilled by the bartender I never had to see. No one noticed. 7. Not a finger was lifted to clear any plate, dish, or glass while the party was still raging. Sure, Classic isn't the cheapest out there, but with this company you certainly get what you pay for.

Start a Conversation!