The Clayton on the Park

Scottsdale, AZ

This is not a traditional wedding venue and we’re proud of that. The Clayton on the Park is a modern & unique alternative to the standard ballroom with a WOW factor that your guests will never forget! You’ll love our stunning indoor/outdoor spaces, neutral color palette, modern architectural design, floor to ceiling windows for an abundance of natural light, a striking glass staircase, custom light features and impeccable service. The Clayton on the Park’s award winning catering delivers an unforgettable dining experience with fresh, local ingredients and a unique take on some traditional wedding favorites. The Clayton on the Park can accommodate up to 75-150 guests depending on the style and layout of the wedding.

Ballroom, Garden, Loft, Park

7343 E. Scottsdale Mall, Scottsdale, AZ (480) 990-7300

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Anna M

We had our wedding on May 23, 2015 at the Clayton on the Park and we couldn't have been happier! Sara and the whole staff were wonderful to work with and our wedding day was perfect...from the ceremony upstairs to the cocktail party on the terrace to the reception in the main... Read More room! We were so pleased with the atmosphere and food. We selected the dinner stations, and many people raved about the food! We got so many compliments about the location in Old Town and ease it provided to our local guests and out of town guests. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an affordable Old Town wedding in Scottsdale!

2015-06-20T15:48:07 Response from the vendor

Anna, thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was such an honor to work with you two in hosting the perfect wedding day. We are thrilled that your guests enjoyed their experience at The Clayton and their stay in Old Town. We wish... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Lauren F

We had our wedding here on October 21st, 2017. Claire was my contact throughout the process and she was so helpful and easy to work with. We had about 140 people. The ceremony was upstairs, cocktail reception on the patio. Dinner was served inside and then the patio opened up... Read More into the dance floor. It was perfect. At first I was concerned about the size and if everyone would fit comfortably, but there was plenty of space! We also set up a cigar bar out front which was a huge hit. The service was amazing and everyone was happy with the cocktails and the food. People still talk about what a unique space and amazing wedding it was. Exactly what we were hoping for! We did a grand entrance walking down the stairs into the dining area and that is one of the most memorable moments for us. It was outstanding. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Ashlee V

We had our wedding on December 15th, 2016 and it was every bit of magic. The Clayton on the Park was the PERFECT venue for our special day. I loved the ambiance of the venue and that it was in the heart of Old Town. Claire and her team were fantastic every step of the way and so... Read More patient with an OCD and controlling bride. Haha. The food was INCREDIBLE and the drinks stayed full all night long. We received so many compliments on the food! The venue is immaculate and so gorgeous and the bridal suite was so comfortable for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in. I loved everything about this venue and how the staff treated my husband and I. Thank you Claire and the Clayton for making all my wedding dreams come true! We wanted one hell of a party and you did not disappoint!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Katie G

My husband and I had our reception here back in March. It was absolutely PERFECT. We live in Maryland so were not physically there to plan everything but with the Clayton on the Park staff was amazing. They answered all my questions, sent me pictures and worked with me so... Read More everything would be perfect for our big day. The food at our wedding was also so delicious. So many of our guests told us it was the BEST food they have ever had at a wedding. The catering staff was amazing. If your considering this place for your wedding or a party go check it out you wont be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Julia M

This venue is so unique and beautiful! The fact that our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all conveniently in the same location was awesome and each space is flawless! We got so many compliments on the catering and the staff was so great, making sure our food was set... Read More up at the sweetheart table so we could eat in between hellos while others went to the stations. We loved Claire and the rest of the staff! They made wedding planning a breeze for us and on the day off things couldn't have gone more smoothly and beautifully thanks to them! Anthony & Julia

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Katie H

We were married here in March and it was the perfect location for us. The indoor/outdoor feel and look makes this place feel alive. We were married upstairs and had our reception downstairs with 100 guests. I was worried that the space would feel crowded, and it absolutely did... Read More not. I wish we could do it all over again just so I could slow it down and take in every minute here

Reviewed on 2/24/2017

What makes for a good event venue? A space that delights your senses, inspires your vision, flexible enough to accommodate your needs, provides ease of catering, good access and nearby amenities like lodging and dining for family and guests. Good architecture is said to... Read More “transcend’ mere function, and delight the senses or imagination. The Clayton fulfilled all those qualities and more for our wedding last October. The Clayton is a sophisticated, modern, beautifully simple, yet elegant location in the heart of old town the speaks to the urban sophistication that Scottsdale has become. Adjacent to multiple hotels, night life, restaurants, cultural and tourist attraction, our out-of-state guests and family had everything within walking distance. The inclusive in-house catering and bar capabilities, furnishings, separate ceremony, cocktail and reception spaces of the all in one venue, were the original selling points for the Clayton. However, it was Claire and her staff that made our venue choice the best decision we could have made. Claire truly made us feel as if our wedding was the most important event of the year. We chose three distinctly different food stations for our dining option, Chefs Susan and Saville Levy blew us away with the flavor choices. The bar and wait staff left no one wanting for anything the entire evening. Our guests are still commenting how delicious the food was! Claire’s recommended vendors all coordinated beautifully with each other and knew the venue well. Megan with the Flower Bar, helped create a unique and elegant ceremony and reception, Dave at Desert House productions gave us an ‘uber’ Scottsdale club atmosphere of our very own for the evening. I really can’t say enough about how well every one worked together. The Clayton was such a good venue for our wedding, we are already planning and dreaming of the next event would could host there.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Ashley U

The Clayton on the Park was the perfect venue for our wedding. Everything was handled so seamlessly during the entire planning process. The food is EXCELLENT! We had so many guest compliments on our menu. It was everything we could have asked for.

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Danielle O

I had my ceremony and reception and here it was everything I imagined my wedding to be and MORE !!! Claire was our awesome helpful wedding coordinator we loved her !!! The food at the Clayton is so good we're still getting phone calls about how good the food was and what a... Read More beautiful fun wedding it was ! I'm so glad we chose the Clayton I would recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful modern wedding venue !!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Sara D

Our wedding was this past weekend and we cannot say enough good things about The Clayton! The entire team has been an absolute pleasure to work with, and our guests cannot stop raving about the beautiful location and their amazing food! My new husband and I are both 'foodies' so... Read More having a great meal was important to us - The Clayton delivered in a big way! Check out this venue - it's a great alternative to your traditional Arizona golf course or ballroom wedding.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Merissa H

Finding the perfect venue was the most difficult and tedious task, but once we found the Clayton, we knew it was the perfect venue for us. We found them online even though we had stumbled upon the venue while dining in old town a few years prior. We were surprised to find how... Read More affordable the venue was for the quality and beauty of the space compared to many other venues. We worked with Claire, who was personable, professional, patient, and highly responsive. Her attention to detail was impeccable and she always responded to our questions in a prompt manner. We utilized all 3 spaces at the Clayton: cocktail hour outside on the patio, dinner inside downstairs for 140 people and dancing/ dessert upstairs. The day was as close to perfect as you can get. Claire coordinated with all the vendors seamlessly. The service was exceptional and the food was delicious. We decided to go with the dinner stations (Roma and Cali fresh) and added the Mediterranean appetizer to cocktail hour. Our guests were stuffed and they are still raving about the food and the venue! The presentation of the drinks and food was absolutely lovely. The space itself is so sleek, modern and clean looking that it required minimal decor - just some simple centerpieces, candles and up-lighting and it looked beautiful. The staircase makes for a great bridal party entrance, and having the dancing upstairs made it feel like a club (though we still had cocktail rounds and some tables up there for drinks and dessert). Our DJ projected music videos on the walls - the space didn't need it, but it certainly added to the "cool" vibe. We were so pleased that we chose the Clayton and that we had the opportunity to work with Claire. Added words of advice from our experience: book early during wedding season and plan to have helpers at the end of the evening for cleanup of your decor/belongings. Oh, and of course choose the Clayton!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 RoseAnn E

The Clayton on the Park was an amazing venue to have our wedding at! We really enjoyed working with them to plan our big day and they made sure everything went smoothly. The food was delicious!! We received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the venue was... Read More and that the staff was very helpful and friendly! Claire Loeb at the Clayton was our main point of contact and made sure that all of our guests, including my husband and I were happy. I would recommend this venue to anyone, especially couples who have family coming into town, as Old Town Scottsdale has many amenities to help make their guests stay fun and entertaining! Thank you to The Clayton on the Park for helping to make our big day a dream come true!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

I love the Clayton! After touring countless of resorts in Scottsdale, we found this place- and fell in love!! Super Modern, awesome white versatile space! They include really nice chairs, for the reception so you don't have to worry about that, over 30 colors of linens are... Read More included you just pick! OMG and the food is made in house! They make it that day so it was super fresh and amazing! Everyone was raving about how amazing the food was, we had passed hor d'oerves that were unboring and delicious. Claire was who our event specialist, and she went ABOVE and BEYOND all my expectations. I mean seriously, my signature cocktail was a Greyhound, we arrived at the Clayton for pictures early and she shows me this bag full of fresh picked grapefruits she picked herself from her backyard for my signature cocktail! I about flipped out, she was unbelievably helpful, and during the dinner she checked up on us to make sure everything was perfect- it was. I mean my whole day was a dream, but this place had a lot to do with it! I recommend it to everyone! location is phenomenal and we had our ceremony in the park so lush and green I wish I could upload photos! I wish I could have another wedding so we could do it here again seriously! Thank you so much to Claire, and the Clayton team, made everything seamless and amazing. Everyone said it was the best wedding so fun and venue so cool!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Daniel M

We had our wedding at the Clayton. The venue was affordable, clean, stunning, modern, and simply amazing! Their food is cooked in house, so the guests get fresh, non-catered meals from a fantastic chef. The bar was amazing, with a great beer selection. The team was very... Read More responsive, timely, and helpful. We will always recommend the Clayton on the Park to anyone who asks, it made our wedding perfect!

Its worth it!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 taylor G

In my research for a wedding venue this place took my breath away! It was exactly what we wanted! from the team we worked with the plan to our day of team, everything was amazing! top notch professionals and amazing food!!!!! Thank you Clayton!!

2015-10-29T17:12:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Taylor. You were a pleasure to work with and made our job even more fun and fulfilling than usual! So happy to have helped make your day special.... Jane, Claire and Sara, your Clayton on the Park Team.

Clayton on the Park Rocks!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Brooke S

We picked the Clayton on the Park as the venue for our March wedding ceremony and reception. From the beginning, the staff was welcoming and accommodating with all of our questions and requests. We worked with Claire on the details of our special day, and she was so great at... Read More helping us understand and work through every step of the process. The food was beyond excellent, and the staff was extremely helpful; even letting us get into the venue the day before the ceremony to begin getting things in place. The versatility of the venue made our entire day shine-the beautiful views and modern space let us shape our wedding decor in just the right way to make everything perfect. Our guests were amazed at how everything turned out, as were we! We would recommend the Clayton on the Park to any couple looking for a flexible, friendly and fun place to have a wedding!

Indie Rock Wedding at the Clayton

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Kathryn V

We absolutely loved our experience working with Claire and the staff at Clayton on the Park. Our vision for our wedding was to have a modern venue that was a blank slate for our own designs and ideas. We also wanted a location that allowed our guest options for hotels and areas... Read More to explore without a rental car; most guest were coming from out of state. We got it at the Clayton! We had so many compliments from our guest on what a fantastic venue we chose. Everything from the food to the ambience was perfect. Thank you Claire for all of your help along the way. You rock!! K+I

Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Jennifer L

The Clayton on the Park was an easy choice after searching for the perfect place to have our wedding and reception. Claire was amazing and so detailed. Everything really did turn out perfectly. It was a day we'll never forget.

Fabulous Venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Lindsey K

We had our wedding reception at the amazing Clayton on the Park and it couldn't have been more perfect! We wanted something different than the standard hotel ballroom for our reception, and the Clayton was a great modern venue to fit our personalities. We wanted an outdoor... Read More ceremony in the Park, which worked out perfectly, but it was very reassuring knowing the Clayton was also available for our ceremony in the event of bad weather - and they were so flexible which was a huge relief to know we had a good back up plan. The location of the Clayton is excellent, we reserved a hotel block at the Saguaro, and had nearly the whole hotel booked with our guests, which was very convenient. And being in Old Town Scottsdale was fantastic as there was so much for all of our guests to do. Claire and the whole Clayton staff are fantastic to work with!! They were available at all times for us to show our vendors the property, for all of our million questions, and really helped make the whole process absolutely enjoyable to plan. Claire was so flexible and even let us drop our reception items off a few days before our event to help make our lives a little easier. She also politely dealt with all my emails and micromanaging, which was greatly appreciated! :) The food was amazing - our guests are still talking about how great it was a couple of weeks after our event! We had a buffet and the food was constantly refreshed so it never got cold or stale from sitting for a while, which is a great change from standard wedding food that usually is mediocre at best. The bar staff were great and very attentive to our thirsty guests, and were on top of drink service throughout dinner. If you haven't checked out the Clayton, be sure to do so ASAP - you won't be disappointed. Thank you so much Claire for making our day so perfect, you were a pleasure to work with and appreciate ALL you did for us!!

I Wouldn't Change a Thing!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Janine T

Claire and Cori were phenomenal at the Clayton. Once the vendor's started to arrive, they took care of the placement of those items. They also ensure that my husband and I did cross path before the ceremony in pictures. Throughout our wedding and reception, Claire and Cori made... Read More it their PASSION to make sure everything was going smooth and there was nothing we needed to worry about except having fun and enjoying the day. I would do it all over again and recommend it to anyone!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 1/01/2013 Lisa T

The venue is awesome, very beautiful and unique. Was not very impressed the setup service, i was having to move tables and furniture to achieve my layout and find tables in storage so i could continue setting up. also was bummed that a lot of items went missing. With the price... Read More of the venue expected more. However i did get compliments on the bar staff!

Most Original and Stylish Place for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/05/2012 B S

This venue can be described as posh, modern, and sheek. Reminded me of a lounge in NYC! The staff is extrememly helpful yet allow you to get super creative with your planning... whatever you want for your wedding they will make happen! The venue is 3 stories... myself and the... Read More bridesmaids utilized the 3rd story loft to get ready durring the day... popping champagne bottles off the rooftop was a blast! Next, the ceremony was held on the patio... which they were able to transform and keep very private from passer byers. Immediately following the ceremony guests were led towards an outside bar that had been hidden behind a curtain during our vows... and the patio was transformed into a swanky cocktail hour with white furniture, fire columns, and high top tables within minutes! I was definitely impressed. The reception was next and the food was A-MAZ-ING. The catering manager desingned the menu for us... a southwest themed buffet style meal. People were raving about the food days after! Also, the catering manager designed a signiture cocktail for us and let us come in for "drink tasting" a couple weeks before to pick it. So much fun! When things got a little crazy (friends breaking glasses, etc.)... the staff was nothing but friendly and helpful. I can't say enough about this awesome venue!! I've never been to a wedding at such an original and modern spot. For the "non-traditional" bride, I promise you won't find a cooler spot than this!... and lastly, the pricing was EXTREMELY great.. best value I found at all the venues I toured!

Stunning event space

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 adele d

When I was researching venues, I refused to find a hotel or ballroom of any sorts. The Clayton was so unique, modern and eclectic. They have modern furniture, all white rooms, lighted wall, huge bar, glass windows, two floors, huge terrace and awesome employees! They can host... Read More events with over 200 guests! It is pricey, but thats Scottsdale for ya, and if you want different, this is the place!