Chicagoland’s Full Service Calligrapher

Create anticipation and make a lasting impression with elegant calligraphy by The Constant Scribe. From ‘Save the Dates’ to reception: exquisite hand-lettering by The Constant Scribe ties it all together. Over 25 years experience; references available. Request a sample! Serving Nationwide.

8 Pomeroy, Crystal Lake, IL

exemplary service and stunning results

Reviewed on 3/11/2015 ashley l

kim is a dream to work with! she is clear and transparent about pricing, helpful throughout the decision-making process, communicative throughout the project, and delivers the most beautiful end-product. i cannot recommend her services strongly enough! if you are considering a... Read More calligrapher for any portion of your wedding planning, you will not regret going with the constant scribe.

Amazing Service and Finished Product!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lauren T

We used The Constant Scribe for the calligraphy on our wedding invitations and absolutely loved how they turned out. Kim is so thorough and is more than willing to accommodate last minute changes or revisions in a timely manner. We received more compliments on how elegant the... Read More handwriting was on all of our envelopes, the quality of her work certainly did not go unnoticed. We were so happy with how everything turned out that we had her also do the table cards for our wedding day.

Above & Beyond!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Kristin T

Kim went above and beyond in doing the calligraphy for my invitations! She took time to thoroughly explain how her process worked and advised me on which envelopes to select, based on my budget. She even offered to match my invitation font (which I downloaded off the Internet)!... Read More The outside of my envelopes looked amazing...I had so many friends and family tell me they didn't want to throw the envelope away because they looked so beautiful. Her service was timely and the quality was just beautiful! HIGHLY recommend! And I loved shopping local. :)

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Staci H

I reached out to Kim when I decided I wanted some custom signs made for our wedding last minute. I think she typically focus on invitations and envelopes but she was really helpful and excited to help me execute our ideas. She asked great questions to make sure she understood... Read More my vision and even suggested tying in a theme from our wedding invitations to the sign to create similarity. Kim did great a keeping me in the loop on her progress, sending me pictures along the way to ensure accuracy and that I was happy with the final product. She is a real expert at what she does and its clear that she loves it!!

Absolutely Stunning!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 shannon d

I really did not think I needed to use a professional to address my invitations, however I am SO extremely glad I did!! Kim was an absolute delight to work with. She was extremely efficient (I got my invitations done within days!) and I was so impressed with her work. She is... Read More very reliable and her work is impeccable. She truly takes pride in what she does and and it is evident in envelope. She is a true artist and I will definitely be contacting her again in the future to help with other elements for my big day!

Outstanding Service!

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Courtney G

I used The Constant Scribe to address our wedding invites. Kim was a saint to work with. I had a ton of questions having never done this before and not being familiar with wedding invitation etiquette to say the least, and she was amazing. She guided me through the process,... Read More made recommendations, was incredibly patient when my invites got lost in the mail and very accommodating throughout the process. Not to mention the calligraphy done is absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend using The Constant Scribe for any calligraphy needs.

KIM IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Mary P

I am a bride who is getting married in the spring, and I have always done the elegant, classy and yes, fun things with our wedding! I am not one to always pick something off of pinterest, and think there the most simple touches add the most with invites. I had ivory paper,... Read More with black letterpress for our invites and wanted to have the envelopes match. I looked online and found Kim. Let me just say, she not only is THE FASTEST responder ever, which is such a blessing when trying to figure out wedding plans, but she is excited to be working with brides! I was so happy to work with her, and she made me that much more excited to send out our invites! I had to have a quick turnaround, given that I made the decision last minute to have calligraphy done, and she made sure they were done in a timely fashion. They were PERFECT. The font matched our invites wonderfully. My dad, who is a typical guys guy, looked at them and said WOW I LOVE THEM! I couldn't be happier about our envelopes. They are gorgeous. Kim was a blessing and added touches to our wedding that couldn't come from anywhere else. I am so happy I ended up meeting her, and truly want everyone in the area to know how wonderful she is!!! THANK YOU KIM!

A Lasting Letter

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Kim (The Constant Scribe) is remarkable. Kim helped me propose to my now fiancee by turning a typed letter into a truly amazing keepsake that my fiancee will have for the rest of our lives. You see, part of my proposal plan involved having a letter delivered to my fiancee... Read More after we had finished dinner (and after I had excused myself so that I could surreptitiously watch her read the letter). Because the letter played such a central role in the proposal, presentation was very important. Kim delivered flawlessly. Her calligraphy is beautiful, and she even created a special envelope to fit the letter such that the pages did not need to be folded. To this day, my fiancee will pull the letter out from time to time, and (second to her ring, I think) it is her most treasured keepsake from the proposal.

The Constant Scribe is Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Kim was absolute perfection. Beautiful calligraphy, delivered on time, as promised, with very personalized, helpful service, including custom ink, careful proofing, and quick help when a few extra last minute invitations were needed. I recommend Kim without hesitation, and I... Read More was the mother of the bride AND have planned large scale events professionally. I will use Kim again when I need calligraphy. She is the BEST!

Stunning Calligraphy!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Frances Kate F

I cannot say enough amazing things about my experience with The Constant Scribe. Not only was Kim wonderful to work with, she was such a help in terms of direction and immediately picked up on what I was looking for. As the bride, I was making so many decisions at this point in... Read More the planning process that it was truly a life-saver to work with someone that could guide me through my own thoughts. My goal was to have a the beautiful, classic calligraphy with a touch of modern flare. Kim understood right away, was quick to send me an example of what she was thinking, and was able to complete them all within a short period of time. Countless guests of ours commented on the calligraphy, both young and old, which is a testamate to the incredible work she did. I took a picture of each envelope as I sealed them just because each one was more beautiful than the last and I was so proud to show off Kim's craft.

Kim is a pleasure to work and such a talent!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Anne G

Kim did the calligraphy for our wedding invitations and we were so impressed with her work. She was so thoughtful about customizing a font for us that matched the font of our invitations and they turned out beautifully! She is professional and kind- I highly recommend her to... Read More anyone that needs calligraphy done.

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Beth C

Kim's work is simply incredible. We used her for the calligraphy on our wedding and rehearsal dinner invitations, as well as our place cards and menus. Her work is stunning! We received so many compliments. In addition to doing beautiful work, she is professional, timely and... Read More very easy to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or other event.

Special Envelopes

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Nicole R

Our Save the Date cards and Invitations were a carved tree theme, and I asked Kim if she had any suggestions for incorporating that into our envelopes. She suggested using wood envelopes and directed me to several websites for options. Once I had picked the one I liked, I took... Read More them to Kim and she turned them into the most beautiful envelopes I've ever seen. I almost didn't want to part with them! She was extremely responsive and performed the work quickly. We couldn't have been more pleased! I knew I wanted to use Kim, so I don't know how much this typically costs, but I feel like she could charge significantly more, especially for working on specialized envelopes. Should the need arise, we would definitely use The Constant Scribe again and sing her praises to anyone who asks!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Morgan B

It was such a pleasure working with Kim. Her work was so beautiful, a true work of art. If you are considering using a calligrapher for your wedding invitations, I highly recommend Kim!

Kim is every bride's dream!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Sarah B

I found Kim through The Knot, and after browsing through her beautiful work on her website, we knew we wanted to work with her on our wedding invitation envelopes. Every step of the process from proofing to mailing the invitations was SEAMLESS. Kim's attention to detail (she... Read More reviewed every address of our 250 guests-- amazing!), her more than timely correspondence, and her willingness to work closely with brides to make this process simple and enjoyable were so wonderful and beyond appreciated. Even when we had to send more invitations weeks later, Kim graciously completed additional envelopes for us, and even mailed them directly from her studio so as to get them to our guests quickly. Our guests were blown away by her beautiful calligraphy. It was such a pleasure working with Kim, and we have already referred her to all of my engaged friends and cousins! She truly is a dream for any bride! I am so grateful to have worked with her during this process, and I will cherish our beautiful invitations. Thank you, Kim! -Sarah from Hinsdale, IL

Best EVER Vendor!

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Claire H

I hardly know where to begin to describe the amazing experience I had working with Kim. From the very start, she set herself apart from the other vendors I had been working with for my wedding. She was very prompt in all her email correspondence, she was informative, she was... Read More enthusiastic, and she was super super super nice. I planned my wedding in Chicago from China, and as you may imagine, it got very stressful at times. Kim not only made the most beautiful products (she did my table cards, my name cards, a sign for guests to sign the guestbook and take polaroids, and my envelope addresses), but she was so patient and kind and fun throughout the entire process. I felt like I had hired my close friend to help me with wedding stuff. When I had made a mistake with my addresses, she very very kindly made the adjustments right away. When I had asked her to make the guestbook sign, I didn't know how I wanted it to look, and asked her to decide for me and just go for it without direction! That's how much, after working with her for a short while, I came to trust her judgement and talent. When we received the addressed envelopes, my fiancé was more blown away by our envelopes from Kim than he was our actual invitations! They were perfect and beautiful, and all our guests commented on her calligraphy. Thank you, Kim, for being so nice and so wonderful. You made all the difference in the world when I was planning my wedding. You're awesome!

Absolutely Fantastic!

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Caitlin K

Kim was an absolute dream! Her work was absolutely beautiful all while being cost effective and speedy. She was worth every penny. We received so many compliments on our invitations and escort cards!

Wonder Job Kim!

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Rebecca W

Kim did a beautiful job addressing our wedding envelopes. My invitations took longer than expected to arrive, but Kim was more than accommodating to address them at that time. She matched our script to our invitation perfectly. Our guests loved the envelopes. I look forward... Read More to using Kim for our place cards and would recommend her to my friends and family.

Fantastic Work!!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Nicole B

We had Kim for all of our place cards, invitations addresses and so many little details! She wrote our table names, candy names for our sweet table, photo booth signs and helped design door knob hangers we put in our goody bags. And she did such a great job! Not only did she... Read More give her opinion on everything but she truly put her heart into each of our pieces! After the wedding, my husband and I agreed that she made our wedding planning so much easier! She was just a joy to work with and so accommodating. If you are on the fence about calligraphy, Kim is the best investment you could make! I promise you will not be disappointed!!!

The perfect touch!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Trang H

I can not say enough about how wonderful Kim is as a person and her phenomenal work. We had her address over 100 ivory wedding invitation envelopes in a custom gold ink. She not only accommodated our requests for Vietnamese spellings (accents etc.) but she sent photo samples... Read More confirming the look and style prior to addressing the envelopes. I and both mothers of the bride and groom were beyond thrilled with the results. We've had several guests contact us specifically to compliment the calligraphy! But the cherry on top was definitely Kim's professionalism and friendliness! She was very prompt returning all emails and always checked in to give us a status during the process. I would highly recommend Kim to anyone and everyone!

Beautiful Work by a Helpful and Kind Professional

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Carolyn S

My fiancé and I did not plan on having our invitations addressed in calligraphy, but we are so very glad that we did! Kim was knowledgeable and her work was absolutely stunning. Because we didn't plan to use calligraphy, we didn't have any set ideas about the style of type... Read More that we wanted. Kim was able to give us choices and selections, and we are so thankful for her help! She matched the calligraphy on the envelopes to the font we used on our invitations, so everything was a cohesive and beautiful presentation. We used a very traditional style and wording, and the calligraphy was the first impression for our guests on the style of the wedding. I got messages from friends remarking on how gorgeous our invitations were, and that was definitely because of the beautiful calligraphy! (The invitations themselves were very simple.) We also had a significant number of international invitations, and Kim had those ready for us a week before the rest of the invitations so that we could send them out sooner. Everything about Kim's work was great. She is thoughtful and kind, so she's incredibly pleasant to work with. She is knowledgeable and talented, so any questions we had about etiquette, she was able to answer, and her work was stunning. We are so glad Kim did our invitations, and we would heartily recommend her!

The Constant Scribe

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Deborah D

I am so pleased with the promptness of The Constant Scribe. Each of my e-mails was answered almost immediately, and the turnaround time was excellent. The finished product (place cards) is flawless. I will use The Constant Scribe again, without a doubt!

The Constant Scribe Enhanced a Joyful Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 8/14/2013

Without hesitation, I heartily recommend this calligrapher to any bride wishing for beautiful, stylish calligraphy! I had long-admired Kim's calligraphy (which, really, should be referred to as art), and so I was thrilled to work together through the process of creating... Read More wedding announcements for my January 2013 wedding. Kim's calligraphy is art because of her extraordinary talent and knowledge of her craft. As an artist, she also has an incredible sense of style and taste. Because of these attributes, she transformed my wedding announcements into something beautiful that was far more wonderful than my limited imagination could have conceived. Working with Kim will give any bride peace of mind (which, as we all know, is important!) because of the immense confidence that can be placed in her, both as a kind person and as a skilled calligrapher. I personally felt assured and stress-free while working with Kim, and ended up with beautiful, customized calligraphy!

Amazing Job!

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Christina T

I just wanted to say Kim did an amazing job on the invitations for my wedding. She was very professional and I was happy to work with her. She provided a realistic timeline and kept to it. The invitations were beautiful and we received many compliments on the invites from our... Read More guests. I would recommend Kim to anyone that is looking for a calligrapher for their special day!

A Rare Find!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Therese T

After a change of heart, we decided to use a calligrapher and it was one of the best decisions we made. We found Kim on the Internet and chose her because of her outstanding reviews and beautiful samples and have no regrets. Kim’s replies were always quick and friendly, not... Read More automated. My daughter and I had the opportunity to meet with Kim and she made us feel very welcomed and gave us all the time we needed. She showed us samples of her work and she knew exactly what we were looking for. She was very thorough in all aspects of the job and even caught a mistake on our address list. She’s no doubt a perfectionist! On top of all that, our cost was less than originally quoted after she saw the envelopes she was going to work with. Imagine, in this day and age, someone charging less than quoted! The final outcome…Amazing! Kim’s work is absolutely stunning and the whole process went smoothly. She is a true professional that has mastered her craft. She’s a rare find and we hope to have the privilege to work with her again.

2013-07-25T07:36:34 Response from the vendor

Hi Therese! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was so fun meeting you and Christina. Elliott loves his little Chicago Taxi (was totally amazed that the doors would really open!); it was so thoughtful of you to think of him!

TO The Constant Scribe