The Cotillion Banquets

Palatine, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Cotillion Banquets

A BALLROOM IN PALATINE, IL

The Cotillion in Palatine, Illinois, takes weddings very seriously. When no extravagance should be spared for your event and you wish to surround yourself in regal elegance, Cotillion Banquets is an ideal choice. Majestic architecture and ornate touches set the stage for a captivating wedding reception.

The Ballroom. Ostentatious doesn't begin to describe the overall tone of the Ballroom. Massive chandeliers hang throughout the room, giving off an alluring ambience. The rich tones create a royal stage and the vast space of the ballroom is large enough to accommodate up to 900 guests.

The Crown Room. Smaller events fit neatly into the Crown Room. With 4,000 square feet of space and a 588-square-foot dance floor, you and your guests can dance the night away.

The Tiara Room. Slightly smaller than the Crown Room, the Tiara Room is equally stunning in appearance and amenities. Use this room alone or you can also combine it with the Crown Room for an expansive event space.

The Regal Room. Splendorous chandeliers and warm colors give the Regal Room a sophisticated feel. Alone, this space is 4,160 square feet. The Regal Room has a dance floor for reception celebrations. You can also combine it with the Tiara Room.

The professional event planners on staff at the Cotillion are veritable experts when it comes to planning the grandest wedding receptions. In these capable hands, your wedding will be irresistibly flawless.

All tables and chairs are provided by the venue and the team takes care of all setup and breakdown. Tables will be covered in full-length ivory tablecloths with matching napkins.

You can begin the cocktail hour with a formal entrance down the grand staircase, entering from your private bridal suite. You and your wedding party will enjoy a champagne toast, while the four-hour open bar will open. The bar will serve premium liquors as well as after-dinner liquors.

A cocktail reception can include display and passed hors d'oeuvres. Dinner will be an event in and of itself with seven full courses. White-gloved wait staff will serve soup, salad, entree, starch, vegetables, beverage and dessert to you and your guests. Staff will also serve unlimited red and white wine during dinner. The pastry chefs on staff will create your wedding cake, while staff will cut and serve it to your guests.

The Cotillion team has compiled a list of vendors they recommend for wedding services. Choose vendors that provide audiovisual services, wedding design, entertainment, flowers, photography and more.

Free on-site parking is available for your guests.

When your wedding must shine with all the formal majesty possible, the Cotillion staff are up to the task. The staff welcomes your special requests.

• Add a European pastry table to your reception
  • Choose colored napkins instead of ivory

Extravagant, Impeccable &, Experienced

At The Cotillion Banquets we take great pride in each and every event we host and are confident your guests will leave here talking about our impeccable food, extravagant rooms and courtesy staff. Our rooms are designed to accommodate wedding receptions, ceremonies, showers, christenings, corporate functions and other special events up to 900 people. We offer you all the advantages of a family owned and operated business for over 30 years. Experience the attention to detail at The Cotillion Banquets. It would be our honor to host your special event.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

360 S Creekside Drive, Palatine, IL (847) 934-5500
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Aamir K

The Cotillion was a great place to get married! We worked with Tom, who was extremely responsive and flexible and professional. He made sure everything ran smoothly from the planning process to the day of. The Cotillion was beautiful and we had no issues. Also, the food was... Read More delicious - especially the vegetable soup! I would highly recommend getting married at the Cotillion!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Lara M

Ok so here I go.... I just got married st the Cotillion on 10/14/17. I came to the Cotillion just weeks after being engaged and met George. Due to me being very hard headed, having trust issues, and stubborn; I thought he was all talk with the stuff he was saying. He showed me... Read More the entire place, spent his time with me, told me if a banquet does not show you the kitchen , be very careful if you pick them. I went to many many other banquet halls and I would ask to see the kitchen and they wouldn't allow me. The kitchen at the banquet is huge and spotless. I brought my parents and they immediately fell in love; I thought if George can handle my family, then I'm making the right decision. The entire process George made me feel so comfortable and so important and valued as if I was his only customer. Respond to emails and phone calls the same day. If you get to know George, you'll think he sleeps at the banquet! He really spends his time with you making sure you are happy. The week of the wedding, I was so stressed and he kept telling me to relax he will take care of everything. The day of the wedding, I was speechless. The entire room was exactly what I had pictured. He was in and out of the room the entire night making sure everything was ok and was so attentive. I cried tears of happiness at one point of the night when I hugged George. The guests are raving about the food. Everything was amazing and I will book again with Cotillion in a heartbeat. Thank you George and thank you Tom and staff for one unforgettable night.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Brittany G

If you are getting married in this area and you don’t book the Cotillion you are CRAZY!!!! George is the most helpful person we worked with during the whole planning process. He made us feel like friends and not customers from the first day we meet with him. He was full of... Read More great ideas for other vendors we could use. George saved us so much money both at the Cotillion and with referrals. We were going to hire a wedding coordinator but didn’t need to because of how helpful everyone was. Until we meet the owners, I was convinced that George was an owner because no employee goes that above and beyond for someone else. The owners were so helpful as well. One of our guests has severe allergies to multiple foods and the owners made sure that she would be able to enjoy her meal and evening as much as everyone else. All in all I can’t say enough about how helpful and accommodating everyone was. I couldn’t happier with our decision to go with the Cotillion. Our wedding day was more beautiful than we could have imagined and went off without a hitch. Everything was absolutely perfect. If you need more convincing, George has my cell phone number and I would be happy to answer any questions.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Joyce A

If it were possible to give 10 stars I truly would. Let me tell you something.. G E O R G E is what made our reception EXTRA special! From our first meeting to the last, my now husband and I felt so much more relieved after every single discussion we had to plan this night.... Read More George can make magic happen and not only that, you simply feel like you can't be in better hands! Please consider checking the Cotillion out and see for yourself! Oh and the service from the staff? I loved the lady who called me Beautiful throughout the dinner. Some people on here call George baby Jesus, but I'll call him, miracle worker :) Thanks George for EVERYTHING you did for us. It was truly a magical night.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Sandy N

After looking at several banquet halls for our wedding, choosing The Cotillion was one of the best and easiest decisions we have made by far. Our wedding was flawless. The staff's professionalism, attention to detail, and true passion ensured that everything went according to... Read More plan. Our guests and ourselves had a fenomenal evening. We worked closely with George throughout the entire process. He made everything extremely easy for us and took the stress out of what would be a very stressful event. If you are considering The Cotillion to host your next event, book with them you will be glad you did!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Natalie P

We were married here this past weekend and couldn't have been more impressed. George was AMAZING to work with from start to finish! We booked with The Cotillion over a year in advance for our wedding and George was in constant contact with me throughout the year. As the day drew... Read More closer, George kept me informed and up to date with everything. He made me feel so at ease about the wedding day! I had no worries about how everything would go, which was so nice to not stress! George is extremely detailed and makes sure he understands everything you want. Not only is George warm and friendly, but the entire staff is! The day of our wedding the room was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! George made my dreams come to life! My family and friends can't stop raving about the food and day in general. THANK YOU!

2017-04-25T14:15:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was our honor to host your Wedding.

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Dan M

We had our wedding here about six months ago and from the moment we walked in to tour the Cotillion we felt like it was home. We were warmly greeted by George the manager. One of the main things that set George and the Cotillion apart was that he actually took the care to ask... Read More us how we met. George's warm personal touch made all the difference to us as we knew we could trust our most important day in his hands. Not only is he a very kind and friendly person, but he is very detail oriented and turns how you vision your wedding to be into a reality and even better than what you wanted. He is also very good with working within your budget. Whatever food you end up picking from this place will be completely fresh and absolutely delicious. And to top everything off, the building and halls are beautiful also. Everything is bright and up to date making your wedding feel very luxurious. So with an awesome staff, great food, and beautiful room our wedding was absolutely the best we could have hoped for and highly recommend anyone to go there. Just remember: happy wife, happy life! Thanks, George for making our wedding the best!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Angelena D

I absolutely recommend The Cotillion for your venue. I was in love with the service and atmosphere. I worked with George and he was accommodating to all of our needs. He's very personable and patient. George and Tom made sure they connected with us a few times throughout the... Read More reception to make sure everything was okay. The food was amazing. Great flavor and good portions. Our guest raved about the food and drinks all night! Thank you George for making our night amazing!

2017-02-24T14:54:34 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 M

We had our wedding at the cotillion a month back and George was there to help every step of the wav. The only minor issue was that they made the stage size too small for the decorator. It's a great venue forr any event.

2017-02-24T14:54:47 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Nicole S

We did our research on many different venues, My wife and I came across The Cotillion at the exact same time. We immediately contacted George at The Cotillion to set up a meeting so we can come in and take a tour. From the first moment that we stepped into The Cotillion we... Read More immediately fell in love. We were welcomed by George. George answered all our questions without any problems, he showed us the rooms and spent countless hours with us to help make our wedding perfect. He helped take the pressure off of my wife and I and made wedding planning that much easier. He helped us find our vendors that we used for our wedding. We couldn't be more grateful for his help. He is so easy to work with, He was very fast at responding to our emails, and letting us come in and talk about details for our wedding. We were originally going to have the wedding in the Tiara room but we got bumped to the bigger room for no extra charge, When it came to the day of the wedding. The service was fantastic,The servers are attentive and more than willing to go out of their way for you. The appetizers and food were great, Everyone was raving about how fantastic the food and appetizers were. George and Tom both checked on us throughout the evening to make sure everything was going smooth and if we needed anything. We are so glad we went with the Cotillion. We couldn't have picked a better wedding venue for our wedding. George and Tom are truly one of a kind and great at what they do. If you are looking to get married then look no further, The Cotillion is everything you are looking for. You will not be disappointed. I know we weren't. We got married last Friday and we are still getting compliments on how great the decor inside the cotillion is how well it is decorated, the staff George and Tom and the food!

2017-02-24T14:55:07 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

Book the Cotillion!!!!!!!!! Don't even waste your time looking!! My fiance and I looked everywhere, and found a beautiful venue, awesome menu, and George at the Cotillion!!!! We booked the venue for our Mar 2016 wedding and we couldn't be happier with our decision!! We have... Read More been treated so kindly and welcomed so warmly from the first minute we walked in to take a look at the venue! George has been amazing to work with so far!!!! He is a top notch professional and genuinely wants to help you plan your day. Not to mention, he is so nice and has a great sense of humor...he makes it a great experience! I can't wait for our actual wedding day ...I know it will be perfect! Side note....a random florist I called for pricing literally said they LOVED working with the Cotillion because, again, the staff is awesome and great to work with!!! Seriously, consider this venue...don't pass it by!!!!! See George!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Kaurie K

Our experience at the Cotillion was better than we could have asked for. George, Tom, and the rest of the staff were so helpful in making our day go as smoothly as possible. We wouldn't have changed a thing about our time at the Cotillion. Our guests raved about the food served... Read More as well as how much fun they had. We had a combination plate which served everyone's taste. All of the decorations were beautiful and done exactly how we wanted. We would recommend the Cotillion to any couple looking to have the perfect wedding reception.

BEST SERVICE!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Jessica M

They were right on schedule with all of our food for us and our guests. Before the wedding I was able to go in and change things to my specifications. I did not want any soup or salad. We wanted to bring in appetizers from a Russian deli and we were able to work it out to make... Read More that happen. Tom was very accommodating to all of my wishes. He is amazing to work with and he would tell me if something I wanted would either not be doable or not turn out the way I wanted it to. This is the best place for any kind of wedding. I had a Russian/American wedding, but they have hosted almost any kind of wedding you can think of, from Indian to Jewish to American to Orthodox. I would send all of my friends and family to go here!!!

Great Value & Great Service!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Lauren T

My husband and I looked quite a number of banquet halls before deciding on having our wedding at The Cotillion. We had difficulty finding a venue that was large enough to fit the size of our wedding, but wouldn't cause us to go over budget. The Cotillion was able to meet all... Read More of our needs and exceed our expectations. We worked with George, who was absolutely wonderful. We thought we would need to scale back, but he found ways for us to have all that we desired and be able to afford it. He went out of his way to ensure that we had a wonderful wedding and was really helpful. I had a wonderful experience working with The Cotillion!

A Five-Star Day

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 Megan S

We cannot say enough great things about The Cotillion! From the moment we walked in the door the first time to the night we walked out after our reception, we could not have asked for a better experience. George is a saint and the hardest working guy in the industry. You always... Read More get his undivided attention, and that goes for everyone he serves. He made sure that absolutely everything we wanted was taken care of, and he even went above and beyond to make recommendations for our special day because he knows The Cotillion so well. He even scheduled his vacation around our wedding to make sure that he was there for the prep and the day of. The food was incredible. (As a side note: I would recommend asking that they not bring on the food on metal crates) We had the a scrumptious array of hors d'oeuvers, incredible broccoli soup (comes with mouth-watering bread), the Cesar salad, vodka pasta, Chicken Florentine (Oh my goodness), veggies and potatoes, cake, ice cream sundaes, and a gorgeous dessert table. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was! It was nice and hot, too! I cannot say enough about the food and white-glove service. The room looked absolutely stunning. It was even better than we imagined when we planned the day with George. He was such a pleasure to work with and treated us like family throughout he experience. The Cotillion is the perfect place for a wedding, and it makes for gorgeous pictures! We love George, we love The Cotillion, we want to go back and live it again!!

You need to have your wedding here

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Kelly B

I had my wedding booked at Bristol Court in Mt. Prospect and in March they went bankrupt and stole 5,000 dollars from me. I was left trying to find a venue with my wedding in less than 4 months. I came to the Cotillion and from the moment I met George I knew they were going to... Read More take great care of me. They gave me a amazing deal and thy were so kind. They graciously answered every question I had and every time I wanted to know if we could do something else they always said yes. The food was seriously unbelievable. If you want to have a stress free wedding, amazing food, and to have the wedding of your dreams then have your wedding there! I couldn't have imagined a more wonderful day!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Susana Z

This place was amazing and Tom was the best. Considering that this was a second option to our first being a horror story, they completely made up for it 110 times then I would have imagined. Only negative was we were offered a different type of beer and wasn't given also we paid... Read More for extra plates and didn't receive the food. Other then that I WOULD DEF RECOMMEND!!!!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 MIchelle L

Everything was almost perfect! I couldn't have ask for any better. Tom & George are amazing! I would definitely recommend them & use them for future events.

A-mazing Venue

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Samantha M

This place was amazing. They food was SO good. I've got to know where they get their bread and soup from! The managers were great to work with. They really stepped up and helped up out when we had 22 people back out on us the week of the wedding. They are well priced and you... Read More get great customer service and food for it. I would use them again in the future for another event.

Reviewed on 12/15/2012 Fay C

The only decoration we added to the room at the Cotillion were the centerpieces, the room looks formal and tasteful on its own. We recieved TONS of compliments on the food, and the owners were flexible with our special requests. (We had a reception between 200 and 250 people).

Great

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Tiffany C

They did an amazing job with all the details. I could not be happier.

Power outage and still amazing night!

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Jessica M

Our wedding took place August 4, 2012. Their was a heavy storm that took place around 4m. The power went out at The Cotillion for a couple of hours, right as all our guest were arriving for cocktail hour. Demetrio and the staff at The Cotillion worked very hard to have the power... Read More on as quickly as possible. They were able to get it back on just in time for dinner. Not only did they work extremely hard but they also gave my guests champagne during the cocktail hour and let us stay an extra hour until 1after a.m. with an open bar! My guests were very impressed with the venue and service we had. You can't go wrong bookin with The Cotillion!

Elegant and classy, everything I dreamed of...

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Anamaria D

Having our wedding venue at The Cotillion was the best choice we've made. We booked the venue six months before our wedding and everything was ready to go by our big day. Since it was a Sunday wedding we originally booked the Tiara Room having about 100 guests, but about a week... Read More before the wedding day Dimitri told us we can have the Crown Room since nobody else booked that day for the same price! The room was much bigger and also had a staircase that lead to a huge bridal Suite. We used this staircase to walk down as a married couple. The room was very classy and elegant; we didn't have to use any extra lighting or backdrops since it is so beautiful in itself. Dimitri Fanellis was very easy to work with and very knowledgeable about the business, he helped us decide with a few things we weren't certain about. The staff was very prompt and professional. The food was outstanding; our guests still rave about it. I would not change anything about our venue!

Great service

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Melissa D

The staff at the Cotillion, Tom and Demetry, were wonderful. They were always kind, responsive and helpful. Everything went as planned. The only slip up was the champagne toast. We had so many people that it was hard to get champagne to everyone when we were done with the... Read More ceremony and waiting for the reception doors to open. Other than that, everything was perfect. One of the biggest things my husband required was good food. Everyone raved about how great the food was. We had over 150 steaks served and they were all perfect!!!! The place itself is beautiful and offers a lot of great photo options too. We used the back room for the ceremony and the other two for the reception and it was perfect. I would go back there for another event any time! Thanks for a perfect wedding!

The best!

Reviewed on 7/20/2012 Jackie B

The Cotillion was the perfect place for our wedding, and everyone working there was always so nice and so helpful. The price was just right for everything and the food was amazing! The cake is from The Baking Institute and that came out perfectly as well. It was exactly how we... Read More wanted it to look and taste! Both places were absolutely amazing and extremely helpful!