The Country House

East Haven, CT

Book Your Wedding with The Country House

A BALLROOM IN EAST HAVEN, CT

Outdoor Garden and Patio. The Country House offers two spacious outdoor areas for you to use for your reception, ceremony and rehearsal dinner. Surrounded by tall, majestic trees, stone walkways and stone gardens holding an array of lush shrubbery, the garden area serves as an outstanding setting for a classic outdoor ceremony. Couples can exchange vows under a quaint wooden gazebo. There is also a partially covered patio in front of the venue, where parties can dine or chat over cocktails and hors d’oeuvres by a beautiful stone fountain and plenty of colorful flowerpots.

Dining Room and Cocktail Lounge. Inside the restaurant, couples are treated to a spacious dining area tastefully decorated with dark red carpets and contrasting tiling. Beautiful textured white walls and large arched windows offer a stunning backdrop for a ceremony, while the wooden bar and dance floor makes it ideally suited for any style of reception.

The Country House handles all food and beverage catering, offering couples the choice of several different wedding packages. For those on a budget, the buffet menu allows your guests to sample an array of delicious food at stations around the room. Also, there are two plated menu options for those looking for something a bit more sophisticated.

All wedding packages include a five-hour open bar and an assortment of hors d’oeuvres to be served during cocktail hour. A custom wedding cake with ice cream and chocolate cups served with cordials is offered for dessert, along with coffee and tea. The top-level wedding package also includes the addition of a delicious chocolate fountain, ice cream sundae station and Italian cookie and pastry tray.

The Country House only holds one event at a time, so as to provide you with the highest level of professional service and dedication. The venue’s professional bridal consultant will help guide you through the planning process to make sure every detail is covered. As an added bonus, couples who hold their wedding at this venue also receive the following extra perks:

• Fresh, 36-inch calla lily floral arrangements and color-coordinated linens on all guest tables
  • Complimentary champagne toast
  • Specialty coffee drinks during dessert, such as cappuccinos, lattes and espressos

Comfortable, elegant events with unmatched service

Located just minutes from downtown New Haven and the Connecticut shore, we help you create unforgettable events. With delicious meals and unmatched service, we have a long history of exceeding expectations.

Ballroom, Estate

990 Foxon Road, East Haven, CT (203) 467-3088

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Mallorie B

We had our wedding reception here this past weekend. I can not praise everyone at the county house enough. Olivia was great planning, organizing and keeping me up to date throughout the process. When we arrived that day us and our family were treated better than words can... Read More describe. I highly recommend the country house! I did not hear anything but positive words from family and friends as well. From the atmosphere to the food everything was more than perfect. Thank you for making our wedding so wonderful!

Fantastic Service, Value, & Food!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Alicia G

The Country House is wonderful! The food is so delicious (and plentiful!), wait staff is very attentive, and the value is like no other venue we viewed. We had almost 200 people at our wedding with a photobooth, candy station, favors, and additional items decorations (even... Read More though they decorate beautifully for the season). The set up was perfect! Guests had plenty of room for seating, dancing, and enjoying all of the entertainment and food throughout the Country House. Also, the entire staff was so helpful; our entire experience fun and easy from our first viewing to after the reception concluded. I would definitely recommend the Country House!!

Absolutely Incredible!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Alicia T

I would not have wanted to have my wedding anywhere else. The Country House was absolutely incredible! Olivia and Jim were perfect to work with. Right from the first meeting, we knew this is where our wedding would be. Jim really worked with us on the price and we had so much... Read More included, we couldn't go wrong. He even sent food home with us after the first visit without even knowing if we were booking with him or not. Our guests are still talking about how great the food was (and coming from a big Italian family, food is a very important thing). There was no pressure to book, the value was great, and the food was even better! The day of the wedding, my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The staff was amazing! From the bartenders, to the waiters and waitresses and the Maitre D' was perfection! We had 200 guests at our wedding and they handled it without a problem, it was also nice to know that we were the only wedding on the property. I do not like some other venues that have multiple weddings occurring at the same time. They set up the tables exactly how we wanted and the centerpieces were INCLUDED with the price. It came out absolutely beautiful! Unfortunately, some unwanted guests arrived at the reception and they had no problem telling them they were not on the list, after they discussed it with us. We also had some guests not able to come the day of the wedding, and they packed up all of the extra food and favors and sent it home with us no problem. We did not have to worry about a thing. They truly did everything to make our day perfect and we could not have asks for a better venue!

The Perfect Night

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

Jim and his staff at the Country House did an absolutely amazing job! The Country House puts out so many appetizers that some of my guests though the appetizers were dinner; were they ever surprised with the four courses that were served after the appetizers. The prime rib is... Read More the biggest piece of prime rib you will get anywhere. The Country House was renovated just before my wedding and the results are terrific. In my search, the Country House provided the greatest value and my wedding was just perfect!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Rebecca B

The country house was truly just amazing I would recommend it to ANYONE! The food was incredible and all the guests could not stop talking about it. The staff was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to make the day perfect! I could not have asked for a better day they... Read More truly go above and beyond for everything!

Sherrill Raucci

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 sherrill g

AWESOME!!! Everything was perfect, the food was excellent we are still getting comments on how great it was. Jimmy and Olivia helped us with everything from beginning to end. We couldn't have asked for anything better. The staff was great, very friendly making sure we had... Read More everything we needed. I would definitely recommend them to anyone for any occasion.

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Laureen M

Everything about the evening was perfect. Including the last minute change in the ceremony. It rained so we needed to change our location from outside to inside the Country House and they handled it with perfection. The food was excellent as always. Everyone loved it. We had... Read More people from out of town that had never been there before and said it was a beautiful venue as well as amazing food. Olivia was the best to work with. A BIG thank you to all their staff for all their fine work.

The Best!

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Tammy C

Jimmy, Olivia and the crew were fabulous! My guests raved about the variety of appetizers, and they were delicious!! The surf and turf was phenominal! I didn't worry about a thing and everything was flawless. I highly recommend them!

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 maigan f

The the staff was so great, polite and truly kind. Every detail that was asked was done perfectly even last minute items they set up for me. I wish I can plan my wedding all over again, I'm really going to miss that one special day and help of everyone that made it that made it... Read More that more special.

AWESOME WEDDING!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 Margaret G

we had an absolute blast at our wedding! it was perfect and the country house staff was right on top of EVERYTHING!!! the food was outstanding, and the overall experience was perfect! couldnt have asked for a better wedding!! Thank you Country House!!

Country House Restaurant

Reviewed on 5/02/2011 Nancy B

The Country House was unbelievable! The staff is amazing. They really took care of us from the very beginning. They were very accomadating to customize our package making our day perfect. The food is amazing! Our guests said it was the best they ever had!. The staff was very... Read More helpful. The owners are great. The room was set up so beautifully. It is the perfect place for a wedding. Again, the food was fantastic and very large protions. The price was very reasonable. I highly recommend.

Country House Restaurant

Reviewed on 9/01/2010 Amy F

This was such a wonderful location. It was easy for everyone to get to and such a nice place. Much cheaper than other comperable places and includes many things that other places do not. The food is absolutely amazing and there is so much of it. Everyone loved it!!! Also,... Read More the staff is wonderful and will help you with anything with your planning. Our contact and helper the day of the wedding was also great and very diligent. Wonderful place!!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Elaine M

The food was fantastic. They left the chair covers on from the shower immediately before us, so we got them for free! The staff was very accommodating, and the day was a wonderful success!

Reviewed on 9/17/2007 Chrissy K

Food was AMAZING. Space was beautiful and everyone had a fabulous time. Staff was extremely helpful.

Reviewed on 9/15/2007 chelsea p

we were able to have the ceremony at the reception venue and the outdoors provided a wonderful backdrop for our pictures;absolutely nothing. it was wonderful

Reviewed on 9/09/2007 TRINA L

they were very accomidateing, food was delicious! staff was very friendly also!