The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne

Orlando, FL

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne

Downtown Orlando's best kept secret. The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne is a romantic 30 room inn, creating a unique ambience for your unforgettable day. From the casual elegance of the I.W. Phillips House to the opulent grandeur of the Dr. Phillips Mansion, two distinct venues host weddings and recepti

Guest Capacity

Service Staff

211 Lucerne Circle NE, Orlando, FL

Everything was amazing

Reviewed on 4/19/2014 Jennifer A

They helped make our wedding amazing. They did a great job.

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 3/14/2014 Deborah G

This was a great place to hold a wedding. It was beautiful and staff was very helpful.

Perfect venue

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Rebecca M

All of our family came in from out of town so having everyone stay in one place was perfect. Angie was great working with us and helping us make all of our family happy. Although the venue is in downtown Orlando, it feels like your secluded.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Jessica T

We paid about $7,000 for 80 guests. This included beer and wine! There was an addition charge to add the full bar, which we did do. But no venue includes beer and wine..that was amazing!!! Angie, our point of contact, was INCREDIBLE! Always available and super responsive, we... Read More never had a hiccup planning our event. There was an option to add valet for $200 which our guests adored..their parking is a little difficult so I would highly encourage this upgrade. The space is beautiful, the furniture is beautiful, the gardens are beautiful, the fountains are beautiful...the entire venue is wonderful!! I wish I lived there :)

The Perfect Place for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Nancy N

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne is an ideal location for a wedding (ceremony and reception)! We loved the charm, the history and the unique features this venue had to offer. The location is perfect in Orlando, centered in downtown and easy for everyone to get to. The staff are... Read More very friendly and great to work with. We had Angie help us and she is amazing, very responsive and patient with me with all of my questions. The venue itself is stunning, it has a charm all in its own and very little decor is needed. We got married in October, it was warm but no rain. At night the lights strung up in the courtyard were so pretty. If you are looking for a venue that is unique, this is a great place to pursue. They have great wedding packages and are affordable, they make it very easy on you! We were so pleased from start to finish and loved this venue! The venue is an active bed and breakfast, so bonus we got to stay in an amazing suite the evening of our wedding! The room was huge! Beautiful decor, very clean and comfortable accommodations.

Reviewed on 6/28/2015

It is 3:44 AM as I write this. I'm convinced the walls and floors are made of cardboard. What I can only imagine is one of the wedding after parties is happening above us. After a call to the front desk the music stopped, but the stomping and slamming doors have not. I am about... Read More to place another call. So, if you want a quiet place to get some rest, look elsewhere. Don't let my sacrifice be in vein.

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Tanya M

This place is amazing! My husband and I got married here on May 2nd and it could not have been anymore perfect. Working with Angie was great, she was so helpful. The catering company was amazing and the bartenders was good as well. Having our out of town guests staying here as... Read More well was great! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a venue.

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Christi H

This venue is BEAUTIFUL!!! Catering and the bar comes with the price and my guests loved the atmosphere. Gardens are naturally gorgeous with existing lighting. Perfect place to get married!

Reviewed on 3/21/2015 Diana C

When my husband and I came across this venue in downtown Orlando we knew it was the perfect choice. Not only is it beautiful but it is the perfect size for an intimate wedding. We had a headcount of 94 and it was the perfect size for the space; we were able to interact with... Read More everyone and dint feel crowded. The vintage feel of the building in conjunction with the beautiful gardens/courtyard make a beautiful backdrop for ceremony and photographs. The courtyard is already lit with strings of lights on the trees and overhead to make the perfect dance floor. Also, it is only 2-3 miles from downtown Orlando, allowing you to easily continue your wedding celebration after the reception. So pleased with this venue, it was everything we hoped it would be. As my photographer said, "our own secret garden" =)

The best location for a wedding

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 Amanda B

My mother-in-law suggested we check out this location for our December wedding. We walked up to the I.W. House and fell in love. The small secluded courtyard facing the house steps was quiet (the 408 normal traffic sounds were not heard) and whimsical (all of the lighting... Read More strung through the trees was gorgeous). We wanted an inside/outside wedding and this location had that in spades. The ceremony was held on the porch steps, cocktail hour in the courtyard, and the reception was inside and on the wrap around porch. We had access to the whole space the whole night, so our friends and family had plenty of space. The staff was amazing to work with, very knowledgeable and willing to answer 1000 questions. The required food vendors we chose from were very nice and had a wide range of options to choose from. The cost of the location includes quite a bit. And of course there are "upgrades" available. We had just under 100 guests and "upgraded" to the mid-level drink package. If you had a small wedding (60 people is the starting amount there) it could be much less $$ than what we paid. My suggestion for the Bride: If you choose this location get a room (or two if your maids are staying with you for your last night of singledom) at the Art Deco the night before. If possible have your hair/make up team meet you there to get ready for the wedding. The room I had was "perfect" according to my Hair/make up team for lighting and space. Also it allowed for a lot of lead time between getting to the venue and remembering if anything was forgotten - the groom (or anyone else) would have the ability to bring anything the day of the wedding.

Everything I wanted

Reviewed on 1/18/2015 Sara D

This venue was perfect. It was the first venue I visited and I knew right away that I wanted to get married here. My guests kept commenting on how beautiful it was. I would recommend it to any bride.

Wonderful and unique

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Michelle D

My husband and I toured only 3 venues, we made up our minds before we even left the Courtyard. We had our ceremony and reception at Dr. Phillips House, and it turned out so beautiful. I have always been a big fan of ballroom weddings, so I'm sure you can imagine this didn't... Read More exactly fit that mold. The Courtyard was so different and fit our personalities so well, I am so glad with the choice we made. The staff was VERY accommodating to our needs and went above and beyond their call, the venue is beautiful, and the guests absolutely loved it. The price we paid I found to be very reasonable to make our dreams come true. If you are on the fence and not sure, trust me this place is worth it!

I Loved my Venue!

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Naomi E

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne was truly a picturesque place for my wedding. They were able to accommodate my 120 guests and the price can't be beat! We had our ceremony outside in the gazebo, the dinner in the main house and the reception in the garden! The only problem I had... Read More was that some rules & regulations were sent to me just months before the wedding causing me to have to change the centerpieces last minute. (They do not allow open candles in the house). Overall we had a wonderful experience at The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne!

Perfect Choice!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Julie M

We were extremely happy with our decision to pick The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne for our wedding reception venue. We held our reception at the Dr. Phillips House and had great weather for an indoor/outdoor reception. It's Florida so we had a rain plan and it was nice to know... Read More that we would have been comfortable inside if the weather had not cooperated. The location was great because it offered the advantages of being downtown (great skyline shots on Lake Lucerne, plenty of hotels and amenities within walking distance, central location) but still offered a private seclusion and easy parking for our guests. Angie was a pleasure to work with and we had no trouble getting access to the facility with our planner or making small changes like adding an hour to the reservation time. We had a nice stay and our guests did too (everyone loved the breakfast).

Perfect location for a beautiful wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Alexandra F

Our March 2014 wedding at Lake Lucerne was absolutely wonderful. The first time we toured the venue we knew this was the place for us. We wanted to have a quiet evening wedding with an outside ceremony but have the option of moving inside if the weather was unpleasant. As it... Read More turned out the weather was perfect, and the courtyard was gorgeous as the sun went down. There are so many gorgeous little nooks and hideaways that photograph well. I had expected to be overwhelmed and stressed out from all the little details needing to be done for the set up on our wedding day, but the courtyard staff as well as the catering team (chosen from a list provided) were amazing and I ended up not having to do a thing that day. It was much less stressful than I expected! It was a wonderful evening and I would definitely recommend the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne to any brides looking for a venue.

Like a garden wedding in Florence

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Jennifer M

My fiancée proposed on a sacred mountain in Italy. We felt like finding a venue for the wedding that could match that experience would be impossible, but the moment we saw The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne we knew it was going to be perfect and it was. The staff was beyond pleasant... Read More and professional and went out of their way to please us despite the countless calls from my mother on rearranging guest rooms. The wedding package was in our budget and Angie’s experience directed us to the perfect vendors to match our personalities. The garden setting at night with all the twinkle lights replicated our stay in Italy and the entire event was as beautiful as we had imagined. We will absolutely return to the Courtyard and highly recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 lydenis m

The courtyard was the perfect venue for our intimate wedding. The entire staff was wonderful to work with and willing to accomodate us with any extra requests we had. We could not be happier with the way everything turned out. Huge thank you to angie and her staff for... Read More everything.

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Amber F

We had 85 guests at our Indian-fusion wedding in June 2014. What we really liked when we first encountered the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne was it's natural beauty. Beyond that, the Courtyard provides a list of preferred vendors that helps you get started. We used some of their... Read More preferred vendors and some others not on the list. All of the vendors we met with that they recommended were fantastic! The staff at the Courtyard is also really helpful and responsive. Not to mention that it is a very affordable venue! You do have to pick one of their preferred caterers but there are 5 to choose from and they are all really good. Overall, we are extremely happy with our wedding venue and wouldn't have had our wedding any other place!

Amazing experience!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Elizabeth P

Before finding The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne, we looked at a number of different venues. One of the main things that drew us to The Courtyard was that we were able to do absolutely everything in one, beautiful location. Our ceremony, reception, and fantastic bridal suite were... Read More all there. There are two historic homes to choose from, and we picked the I.W. Phillips House. In addition to the well appointed inside, the outside boasts classic fountains, statues, a dancing area canopied with trees and hanging lights, and an old Florida porch where we stood for our vows. The catering options were plentiful, and the staff was fantastic. The room where we stayed was perfect. Although our ceremony was outside, there's always a contingency to move things indoors in case of bad weather, to the gorgeous antique dining room and parlor. We sincerely couldn't have been happier with our wedding!

Romantic Highly Recomended

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 John W

From the moment we toured the I.W. Phillips house we knew this was the place for us. Nothing compared to the romantic look and feel along with choices of venues that the Courtyard for our perfect evening. From that point we knew that was our place. Angie Vargas was great at... Read More guiding us through the process and made sure everything was easy and flawless. The compliments were never ending comparing our wedding to weddings that cost 4 times the price. The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne offers multiple options for catering and D.J. service included in the price. We chose Meiner's Catering whose menu was out of this world. The elegant setup with our colors and our centerpieces turned out magnificent. We chose the Carved Beef Brisket and Florentine Chicken as a main dish along with two choices of great appetizers. We actually changed to that menu during the tasting which was amazing. Go into the tasting with an open mind and flexibility to be surprised. Orlando's Got Talent was our DJ choice and Bruce took great care of us. We went with the Photo Booth along with up lighting. Both are highly recommended and inexpensive. It made the reception, pictures, and memories amazing! Now for the most important. The wedding was perfect! From the procession to the last dance we could not have asked for more. The memories will last a lifetime. We had our own officiant, our own photographer with pictures after, dinner and dancing all at the Courtyard. The I.W. Phillips house was romantic, elegant and sophisticated. Afterwards, we were able to wisk away up to the beautiful honeymoon suite while the caterers cleaned up afterwards. The suite was amazing and the caterers also left a plate for us to enjoy. The bed was built for a King and Queen, along with the hot tub and for a night we were royalty. Breakfast was wonderful with choices of egg, sausage, bacon, beverages and baked goods. We highly recommend and know you will be as impressed as we were. It is a perfect place for such an important day! The website is very accurate along with the pictures. The Courtyard by Lake Lucerne has facilities for every style and taste and we know you will not be disappointed! Thank you so much to the staff, Angie, Bruce and the Meiner's staff for making our perfect wedding a reality!

Amazing location and service

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Amanda S

We had our wedding in May at the Dr. Phillips House and everything turned out amazing. Angie was so easy to work with throughout the entire process. The location is great with lake views, accessible parking and the venue itself is gorgeous. Courtyard at Lake Lucerne is such a... Read More great value for everything you get. I would highly recommend this venue to anybody!

February Wedding- AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Jillian Y

This venue was perfect for an intimate, romantic, vintage-themed wedding. My reception at the Dr. Philips House was of 65 guests and this location provided for the perfect setting for my guests to enjoy the evening dining and dancing [even though many more could have still fit... Read More comfortably.] Ms. Angie Vargas, the event coordinator, did an excellent job at providing me with budget-appropriate vendors, responding to all my comments and concerns immediately, and making sure that my husband and I had an evening to remember. Finally, all their suites are to DIE for as they're just as romantic as the property is in its entirety. =)

A Beautiful Affair

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Courtney T

We had an amazing experience from start to finish and tied the knot on 1/2/2014. We planned our wedding in 4 months with Angie and chose our other vendors from their list and were very pleased. The I.W. Phillips house was beautiful and already decorated from the holidays which... Read More we loved. Rafael was amazing and available for me even the night before to help settle my nerves with last min things. I would highly rec this venue especially if you have family/guest from out of town because the accommodations were also very reasonable and nice! It was really beautiful!

Such a beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Stephanie M

We couldn't be happier with our wedding at The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne. The venue is gorgeous and needed no additional decorations. Angie and the rest of the staff were friendly, professional, and honest. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a classy and... Read More elegant garden wedding.

Best night ever, best place to have it ! Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect.

Reviewed on 9/19/2014

We had our wedding at The-Courtyard-at-Lake-Lucerne April 2014 and all I can say is that it was amazing and perfect ! They were so easy to deal with and we had the whole place to ourselves it felt like we were in our own home and yard ! The food was amazing and of course they... Read More treated us like a queen and king. The hotel room was included and was amazing! They really made the day real special ! I can not say enough about The-Courtyard-at-Lake-Lucerne, everyone should consider it for a wonderful wedding day come true ! Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect !