The Crystal Room

Banquet/Reception Hall, Restaurant

845 West Market Street, Troy, OH

Frustrated

Reviewed on 12/09/2013

The Crystal Room was the most aggravating part of planning my daughter's wedding. We booked 10 months in advance and initially met with Cara, the Event Director. On a visit to the venue in late August we found out she had left. On FACEBOOK a few weeks later we found out they had hired a replacement. Our initial meeting with her was a nightmare. Cara, apparently, had not documented everything we had covered. Long story shortened, the new event director seems on top of things. Had we met with her the entire time the experience may have been better. A few things, like not having a mike for the minister, were messed up on the wedding day. By then I was so tired of making a deal out of things we just tried to ignore them. The one bright side was the food. The chef, Brian, did an outstanding job!! We had quite a few vegans invited and he prepared a wonderful dish for them and many people raved about the food. It is a beautiful venue. But make sure EVERY LITTLE THING is in writing and pray the event director doesn't leave halfway through your planning process.

Great to work with

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Janine P

I had my reception here last Aug 10, and they were great to work with. Everything went smoothly, they were very accommodating with our requests, and our guests had lots of fun.

Review for Crystal Room Banquet Halls

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jennifer F

The woman coordinating the event was very helpful and accessible by email. The site had many details that I used as part of my package - linens, candle centerpieces, etc. They offered house wine and draft beer as part of our catering package. There was plenty of parking and plenty of space.;This site is a little out of the way. They did have some rules about what we could and could not bring it.

Send Email