The Davenport on the Sound

New Rochelle, NY

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Unique Affair at the Davenport Beach Club is a fantastic option if you are looking to have a beachside wedding celebration. The Davenport Beach Club is a large mansion, built in 1885, that is situated in front of the Long Island Sound. Popular as an event venue in New Rochelle, New York, it can host ceremonies and receptions with up to 225 guests.

The Davenport Beach Club hosts only one event at a time, which can be held indoors or outdoors depending on the weather. The classic white mansion is the most elegant backdrop for photos and the patio space in front of the open water has held many vow exchanges throughout the years. Unique Affair at the Davenport Beach Club is a full service wedding and event planning company that operates through the Davenport Beach Club. Couples can coordinate the entire day with their on-site management staff in order to create the wedding day of which they have always dreamed.

Unique Affair at the Davenport Beach Club has made it its goal to take away all the stress of wedding planning. Its professional staff is prepared to work with bridal couples to bring their wedding vision to fruition and create a memorable experience for guests. All rentals that may be needed can be arranged with the service. There is a list of approved vendors that are familiar with the venue that they work with, so bridal couples have peace of mind knowing they are hiring reputable professionals for their celebration. Wedding planners, musicians, entertainers and photographers can coordinate directly with the venue to make sure your day runs smoothly.

The reception menu can be coordinated with the highly-trained chefs at Unique Affair. While there is an impressive catering menu available, a menu can also be customized depending on what the bride and groom are looking for specifically. Wedding cakes can be ordered directly through Unique Affair at the Davenport Beach Club, as well as dessert bars, chocolate fountains, fruit displays and large culinary table enhancements. From cocktail hour to a late-night snack, all food can be coordinated directly with the venue catering staff.

When booking your wedding with Unique Affair at the Davenport Beach Club, you can expect a fantastic day for both you and your guests.

• Professional wait staff
  • On-site gazebo can be used for ceremony or pictures

The Perfect Spot for a Wedding!

Built in 1885, the mansion known as the Davenport Beach Club sits on a knoll with breathtaking panoramic waterfront views of the Long Island Sound. With charm and the privacy of only one reception, The Davenport Beach Club is the perfect waterfront venue for your next catered affair.

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Beach, Historic Venue

400 Davenport Ave, New Rochelle, NY (914) 632-7800

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Anonymous

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception at the Davenport, and cannot say enough about the truly incredible experience Guy and his wonderful staff provided for us and our guests. The ambiance was unparalleled, given the waterfront views, beautiful décor within the... Read More mansion itself, and overall intimacy of the evening, as each event at the venue is the only one occurring at a given time. The service was second to none, with a personable and caring group of individuals who worked to ensure every guest at the reception felt as though they were a guest of honor. The food was excellent, with a fantastic cocktail hour of stations and passed hors d'oeuvres seamlessly integrated with an elegant sit-down dinner. And finally, Guy himself is a true class act – he ensured that not a detail was missed, and the evening went off without a hitch. We cannot speak of our experience with more regard, and we provide the highest recommendation possible.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017

I celebrated my Dad's 77th Surprise Birthday at the Davenport Mansion and words can't express how satisfied I was with customer service provided by Guy M. (event manager) and his staff! Guy was truly a pleasure to work with. He makes you feel like family. He was so... Read More accommodating to me. Everything was taken care of so professionally. His staff members were very professional and helpful. I looked at other venues but when I met Guy, I knew the Davenport was where I wanted my Dad's party. The venue is warm and beautiful. The food was delicious and the view is breathtaking! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Chrissa S

My daughter got married on July 30th - people are still saying how much amazing this wedding was and it truly was an amazing night. The food starting from the horderves to the meal was outstanding. The service was exceptional. Working with Guy, the caterer/manager, was seamless.... Read More The Davenport Club on the Sound is beautiful and the entire wedding was flawless. Please consider for any and all of your celebration needs!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016

We just had our daughter's wedding there on 5/29/16. The Davenport Wedding experience can be summed up in 3 simple words. WOW! WOW! WOW! Absolutely beautiful setting (overlooking Long Island Sound) Fabulous food!!! Hors D Oeuvres simply de-de-delicious! The dinner simply... Read More sumptuous!! Amazing overseeing and organizing of the wedding! Super wait staff! And..... the price is very, very, reasonable!! You can definitely go somewhere else and pay a fortune but for what??? We could not have asked for anything more or anything better. The owners and staff treat you with the utmost respect and run the wedding with great diligence! My suggestion! Book them now! Book them soon! They are going to be quite quite popular!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016

Our daughter, Kasey got married on this Memorial Day weekend, and everything could not have been more perfectly executed than by Guy & Maria! We had booked the Davenport a year & a half ago under the former manager, Joe Rossi--& we gave him a deposit for the contract that we... Read More had agreed upon. Guy took over about 5 mos ago, & contacted Kasey to assure her he would honor that contract. Both he & Maria were responsive to calls & emails--easy to talk with & so reasonable to work with. Guy completely renovated the interior--it looks even more beautiful being so updated now! The food was beyond exceptional! Maria made sure everyone knew where to be at the right times . . . and both she & Guy checked on us throughout the night, making sure we felt things were going well! They personally knew our names, those of the groom's parents, and the maid of honor & best man. The grounds were impeccable, and our guests still cannot get over the view! I'll be honest & say I was a bit worried about the change of hands before the wedding, but Guy & Maria made sure this was a dream come true! Almost wish we had another daughter--we would have her wedding exactly like Kasey & Derek's turned out to be! Kudos & many thanks to this new team!

The Davenport Club- A+++++++

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

Joe Rossi Jr is amazing! he was super accomadating and wonderful during my entire planning process. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue for my wedding day! Joe, his wife, and staff were truly amazing and did more than I could have ever hoped for to ensure my... Read More wedding was perfect! the venue looked beautiful and they set everything up just how I wanted it! I was hoping it would be a nice day so that we could get married at the Gazebo which we did! it was so beautiful and everyone raved about how wonderful my venue was. I knew I didn't want a wedding factory for my venue which is what I loved about Davenport. The whole place was only for me and my guests which made it that much more intimate! Food is also extrememly important and the food was AMAZING! everyone (and i mean everyone) said how great the food was!! everything came out hot, delicious and was just super tasty! our meals were even terrific!!! It was honestly the best meal i've ever had at a wedding and i'm not just saying that because I got married there! plenty of my family members said the same thing and they all kept talking about the food!! Thank you again for all that you did for Eddie and I. He was super happy and loved every minute of our wedding thanks to all your hard work. I'm sad that the day is over but next time I have a special occasion I want to make sure it's held at the davenport!!! everything was WONDERFUL and PERFECT!!! thank you so much again!!

Perfect Wedding at The Davenport

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Jennifer D

I got married a couple of weeks ago at The Davenport in New Rochelle. After looking around at a few other venues, I knew the Davenport was "the One" when I walked in. An old fashioned mansion located on the beautiful Long Island Sound. After meeting with the owner, Joe Rossi... Read More Jr., I felt even more comfortable about my decision. He was wonderful throughout the entire planning process and up until the end of my event. Always there for any concerns I may have had, or when I just dropped by to ask a question. He was very accommodating and wonderful to work with. He really went above & beyond to make sure my day was perfect and it absolutely was! I could go on for days but I will wrap it up. Place was beautiful, food was delicious, everything went as smoothly as I could have possibly imagined & it was also very budget-friendly! If I could get married all over again, I would absolutely choose The Davenport without a doubt!!

Outstanding!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Jennifer R

Outstanding family run venue with excellent personal service. All of our guests raved about the food. Location has beautiful views of the Long Island sound.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Lauren I

I loved the cozy feel at Davenport, having only 1 wedding at a time leaves several rooms open for people to hang out in, if they want to get a drink at the bar or get away from the music. The food was excellent, and the service was great too. They handled everything so I had... Read More nothing to worry about on the big day. Highly recommend.

wonderful service

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Nicola D

wonderful service, the food was great it was the perfect night

Rating for The Davenport Club

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Danielle Z

Review for The Davenport Club

Reviewed on 9/25/2007 Sophina S

The Davenport Club is a family run business. The Rossi family pays immacualte attention to every detail. They cater to your every need and are very accomodating. They made my husband and I feel like we were their number one priority for the entire time of planning and especially... Read More on our weddign day. Our family and friends have said it was the 'best wedding' they have ever been to which we can credit Mr. Joe Rossi and his family for. They were truly a pleasure to work with. We had the intimate reception that we wanted as they only cater to one wedding at a time! My husband and I can't say enough about the Davenport Club.;It was perfect for the amount of people that we had. They can't accomodate more than 150 people for a reception venue.