The Desmond Hotel Malvern

Malvern, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

For the past 25 years, the Desmond Hotel in Malvern, Pennsylvania has brought their own brand of hospitality and elegance to their guests. Now, brides and grooms can host both their wedding ceremonies and receptions in one of the property's indoor or outdoor spaces for up to 275 guests.

The Gazebo. The Gazebo at the Desmond Hotel offers a quaint stage on which the bride and groom can say their vows as up to 275 guests look on from white garden chairs. Lush greenery and seasonal blooms provide the backdrop for the Gazebo and make for stunning photos. Use of the Gazebo includes a sound system, a professional ceremony coordinator, a ceremony table with ivory linens and a rehearsal.

The Grand Ballroom and Conservatory. The Grand Ballroom and Conservatory can be used for both ceremonies and receptions. It also provides the ideal indoor ceremony space for gazebo events that encounter rain. Up to 275 guests can enjoy cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and delicious meals in the Grand Ballroom while celebrating the newlywed couple surrounded by classic architecture, a gorgeous fireplace and picturesque windows.

Wedding menu packages include selections of cocktails, gourmet cheeses and fresh fruits, food stations like tapas and pasta, plated entrees like twin crab cakes and stuffed boneless chicken breast and a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres with meat, vegetarian and seafood choices. To-be-weds can also offer their guests premium or enhanced bar selections. Sunday receptions offer their own separate brunch and dinner packages. Also, wedding guests under the age of three can enjoy a special menu made just for them.

The Desmond Hotel requires that couples pay a $3,000 deposit to hold their chosen wedding date. The final payment is due no later than 72 hours before the wedding day.

The wedding party and wedding guests can enjoy a stay at the Desmond Hotel for a special reduced rate. Blocks of rooms can be reserved in advance and reservation cards will be made available to hand out to guests or send in invitations. Shuttle service is also available around the property using the Desmond mini-buses.

Couples can expect to enjoy some extra perks for booking their weddings at the Desmond Hotel. All wedding packages include the following:

• A one-hour cocktail reception complete with hors d'oeuvres
  • A menu tasting for the couple and up to two guests prior to the wedding
  • Premium open bar service for five hours
  • Three-course dinner with custom designed wedding cake
  • Hospitality suite with personal bridal attendant
  • Ivory linens and overlays
  • Custom floral centerpieces
  • Complimentary suite for bride and groom on the wedding night
  • Complimentary overnight stay at the Desmond Hotel on the first wedding anniversary

Classically Elegant, Affordable and Unique!

Award winning dining, first class accommodations and classically elegant decor await you at The Desmond Ballroom or a more casual elegance outdoors on The Desmond Terrace. Our exceptional staff will help you plan your dream wedding weekend from the rehearsal dinner to ceremony to the farewell breakfast and everything in-between! One stop simplicity! The Desmond will take care of you and your guests, like no other!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

1 Liberty Boulevard, Malvern, PA (610) 296-9800

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alayna G

The Desmond Staff went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything we wanted. All of our guests raved about the food, staff, and the hotel! We are still hearing from our guest months later about how great everything was! It was great being able to do everything in one... Read More location, my girls and I got ready in the presidential parlor and my groom got ready in our suite for that evening. Then at the end of the night we didn't have to worry about travel as we all just moved out to the deck for our after reception drinks and got to relax with our guests. The next morning we also had a private breakfast onsite which was delicious and everyone definitely loved. All in all The Desmond is an amazing place for a wedding and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing venue and staff to run their event.

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Caitlin S

The Desmond Hotel made our wedding day absolutely perfect! Throughout the planning process, any time I had a question, they were immediately answered by Kevin, Andy or Karen. I had absolutely no worries placing my wedding in their hands. They knew what we wanted and took care of... Read More the rest, even anticipating somethings before we knew we needed/wanted them. They provided a bridal suite for my girls and I to get ready. They then turned over the room for the bridal party to enjoy apps and beverages before we went into cocktail hour. The day of Karen made sure the timeline went as planned. We had an outdoor ceremony with rain looming, so timing was necessary. Afterwards, Karen made sure to get me from cocktail hour and get the reception started right away. She was amazing. My husband and I had our own waitress the night of and it was fabulous. I never had to ask for anything! During the reception, Andy was our man. He was there every step of the way. He knew I wanted to keep the party moving and people dancing all night and he made sure to keep it that way. The staff at the Desmond is beyond any other I have encountered. They love their jobs and it shows. The food was amazing, from the cocktail appetizers, to the reception meals, to the decadent dessert bar...it was impeccable. My guests are STILL talking about the food. I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else.

The Desmond Hotel - Phenomenal!!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Susan F

We fell in love with The Desmond way before our daughter even became engaged in August of 2008. We knew this was where we wanted our daughter's wedding to take place. The setting, the food, the service, the sharp attention to even the tiniest details . . . and the list goes on... Read More and on--could not have been finer!!! From our very first meeting with the staff in June of 2009 through the week after the wedding (10/24/10), the service and attention we received could not have been more wonderful--and we have been to weddings at many different venues. We received very positive feedback from our guests, and the bride and groom were in heaven and so grateful to everyone at The Desmond for making all their wedding dreams come true. We would not hesitate to use The Desmond again for any special event.

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Monica S

Such a beautiful place to stay at and the staff here is amazing. Their customer service is top notch and you will LOVE staying here.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Lindsay B

We had our wedding reception at The Desmond in November '16, and it was absolutely incredible!! The staff here (from the banquet coordinators, servers, etc.) are truly the best in the business. Karen was wonderful to work with and was always very responsive. She made sure... Read More everything was how we wanted it to be! Kevin was there the night of our wedding and really helped the night flow smoothly! We also were able to "peek" at a few wedding receptions as they were being set up; this was great, because it allowed us to see what the space looks like for a wedding reception! The staff were busy setting up, but when they saw us looking around, they asked if we had any questions. That really showed us how attentive and customer-service oriented they all were! The space is absolutely beautiful and we received many compliments on the service and the food. One of the best parts is that this venue is a hotel, so you and your guests can "take the elevator home!" My parents hosted a breakfast at The Desmond the next morning for our out of town guests, and really raved about it (my husband and I were already on our way to our honeymoon). You will NOT be disappointed in this venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Matthew M

Karen, Brince and the rest of the staff did a great job of making sure our wedding went perfectly! Food was great! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Julie H

We held our post wedding brunch at the Desmond and we could not be happier with our experience! The 30 out of town guests who stayed here were absolutely thrilled with everything!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lori B

The Desmond was the perfect venue for my wedding. Next to the groom-- it was my best decision! They bend over backwards to accommodate. The whole staff is friendly and made my husband, our family and our friends feel like we were the most important clients of all time :) The... Read More food was outstanding-- very atypical of other hotel experiences.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ron P

Karen and the team were wonderful in answering all our questions and concerns. Everything went especially well at the wedding. I have recommended the Desmond to several others.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Stephanie K

EVERYONE at the Desmond worked hard to make sure that our reception was perfect. We are not a "normal" wedding couple, and they were happy to help us accommodate all of our "offbeat" and "geeky" ideas to make the evening perfection. It was perfectly classy for our families, and... Read More 100% fun for our friends. Everyone has been telling us that they've never been to a wedding reception that was more fun. We left feeling like the staff were new friends. Thank you to everyone at the Desmond.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Kelley M

Our wedding reception at the Desmond was everything we dreamed of and more! Our wedding consultant Karen was a complete pro and thought of absolutely EVERYTHING! The menu was extensive and there were so many menu options and price points - truly something for everyone and... Read More every budget. Our centerpieces were included with our package from Blue Moon Florist and were spectacular, as well as our cake from the Master's Baker! The Desmond also had a shuttle for all of our out of town family to take to the wedding ceremony at the church the day of the wedding. The cocktail hour was superb! Our photographer had us done in time so we got to enjoy time mingling with our guests in the stunning conservatory with a large assortment of passed appetizers as well as stations. The staff was extremely attentive, making sure we didn't have to worry about food or drinks all night. They also took care of our VIP tables which was extremely helpful with my elderly grandparents. The accommodations in the bridal suite were gorgeous - when we got to our room we had cake slices and a bottle of champagne waiting for us along with all of our gifts! They really take care of you. The Desmond truly makes you and your husband/wife feel extremely special and pampered. We cannot say enough good things about this venue! BOOK IT!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Caitlin

The Desmond was absolutely perfect and wonderful for our wedding. Everything turned out bigger and better than I imagined. Karen, our wedding coordinator, was easy to work with. She always made us feel welcome and special. Kevin, our catering manager, made sure our day went... Read More smoothly. Our conservatory ceremony was beautiful, the food was great, everyone was so nice and accommodating, we couldn't have asked for a better place to host our special day.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Kate B

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Desmond on the private covered deck outside and it was perfect! It was a Friday night and they always have live music which we were able to enjoy as well! And the food was delicious!!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Tina

Let me start by saying I would recommend The Desmond to everyone! We picked it ultimately due to it's close proximity to our chapel, the fact that guests could walk to their rooms at the end of the night, which was very important to us since most people were from out of town,... Read More and the fact that they would be accommodating to the possibility of military orders changing at the last minute. They provided us with a list of vendors they had worked with before and recommended, which was so helpful! We ended up using quite a few of them and they were all awesome. It was also nice that the flowers and cake were included in with the wedding package, two less things to worry about paying for! I also ended up going to a bridal show at The Desmond, which was additionally helpful for finding some other vendors. Not sure if they do it every year, but if you are planning on having your wedding there I would recommend it! We worked with Karen who was so helpful from day 1 all the way through to our wedding day! She was very accommodating to our limited availability to meet due to living several hours away. She was around the entire weekend of our wedding to collect all our decorations and favors to set up and make sure everything ran smoothly. There was a set day for the food tasting, but we were unfortunately unable to make it due to work schedules so they set up a personal food tasting for us. The catering manager was very helpful and talked us through all our options, and the food was all amazing!! We had a smaller wedding, but since we had it on a Saturday, we had a minimum amount (I think $18000) that we had to pay regardless, so I would look out for that if you are also planning on a smaller wedding. We didn't quite meet that amount and just ended up upgrading the bar so everything worked out. The day of they provided me and the bridesmaids with a room to get ready in, so the salon came right to us, which definitely helped with timing! We later used that room to have a private cocktail hour with just the bridal party, and it was super nice to spend some time relaxing with them before the reception. If I haven't mentioned it already, all their food was amazing! From the dinner to the catered snacks we had at Fox and Hound to the incredible breakfast buffet in The Hunt Club the next morning, I would definitely not mind eating there again! Despite vegetarian options not being on the original list of food options, they did accommodate our vegetarian guests with what sounded like a ton of delicious pasta! Most importantly, it was awesome having everything in one spot, and I would think way less stressful. Our honeymoon suite was spacious and gorgeous. While our reception was going on they brought all our gifts and anything else we didn't need back to our room for us and they held onto our decorations at the front desk overnight. They left us some extra treats in the room too :) I didn't get much time to eat my dinner during the reception but they warmed it up for me afterwards and brought it over to the bar in the lobby where we were having our afterparty. Bottom line, a perfect place to have your wedding! :)

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Kristen J

We used the Desmond Hotel for our hotel room block and had a great experience! Their event manager, Samantha, accomidated all of our needs with out any issues. There were 8 weddings staying at the Desmond that weekend and you wouldn't have known! Everything went smoothly from... Read More the reservations to the transportation to and from the venue to the late night after party! Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about their stay and we had a wonderful time!!

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Dinsha M

Tucked in scenic beauty, The Desmond Hotel is a fantastic venue for a dream wedding. From the ballroom, to the guest rooms, to the employees helping us coordinate with the wedding the way we wanted, to the chef, to the butlers, everything is fantastic! My groom and I are truly... Read More grateful to everyone at The Desmond who helped us make our dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Christina K

I can't speak highly enough about the quality of my wedding reception at The Desmond Hotel. I have been a guest at Desmond weddings and occasionally dine in their restaurant, so I knew their service is excellent and their food is spectacular prior to booking our wedding... Read More reception. Our event coordinator, Karen, answered all of my questions and catered to all of my needs throughout the planning process. It truly was a pleasure working with her. The event itself progressed seamlessly and we were well taken care of the entire day: from a getting ready suite to the complimentary overnight newlywed suite. We have received dozens of remarkable comments from our guests regarding all aspects of the wedding reception. You will not be disappointed! We also appreciated that their package included the chair covers, wedding cake and centerpieces (which are easily upgraded). Other reception enhancements (napkin color, chair sashes) and the dessert upgrade were very reasonable, as well. There are zero complaints here! Thank you!

Great choice!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014

We absolutely loved having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Desmond! Kevin Kessler was a wonderful coordinator. He and his team were so responsive throughout the planning process. Planning a wedding can be an overwhelming task, but we knew we were in good hands and... Read More that made the process much easier. The venue itself is both gorgeous and spacious. We had 210 guests and it never felt crowded. The food was wonderful, the banquet service was incredible, and the staff did a great job of keeping things moving. Andy made sure everything flowed smoothly on the day of the wedding and kept track of every little detail for us. We never worried about a thing and he communicated with the band and our photographer throughout the night. We were glad we made the choice to have the ceremony in the ballroom. It was really lovely. The guests stayed at the hotel, which made everything even easier, and we had an after party at the pub. If you're looking for an outstanding venue, I highly recommend checking out The Desmond. They are true experts and we were so happy with the way everything turned out!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Taylor A

My husband and I decided to have our wedding reception at The Desmond back in August. The catch? We were planning our wedding all the way from Georgia. We decided that we wanted to have a 1920's themed wedding, and Karen (the wedding planner at the Desmond) made that happen!... Read More At times I thought that some of our requests sounded crazy, yet she was so sweet and got us any and all information we could use. The food was spectacular, as were the servers. The staff at the Desmond made it so easy to plan our big day from out of state. We also felt comfortable referring our guests to "take the elevator home" the night of our wedding because of the awesome rooms. I would definitely recommend The Desmond for any bride that wants easy planning, and spectacular service. There is only one word to describe our experience at the Desmond: AMAZING.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Julie R

I can not say enough positive things about The Desmond. My mom told us about it so we went to check it out. The service from the moment we walked through the door for the tour was outstanding. Communications were amazing. Karen answered all of my questions, eased my mind with... Read More any concerns I had and basically made me feel extremely comfortable that on our wedding day I would not have to worry about anything! The day of was perfect. We are still getting compliments from our guests about the outstanding quality of food, customer service and the band (which was a Desmond referral!). I could write a book about the Desmond, seriously worth every single penny! Highly, highly recommend! We can't wait to go back on our 1 year anniversary!

Wedding Weekend

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

From Start to Finish The Desmond provided my family a most wonderful experience. The wedding reception was beautiful. The food was delicious. The staff was so helpful, friendly and accommodating. Anything we needed they, assisted us in a kind friendly manner. A WONDERFUL PLACE... Read More OF AN EVENT

A wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Ann M

The Desmond is a remarkable venue for a wedding. Our banquet manager made wedding planning delightful with her attentiveness and professionalism. The general manager and staff carried out every detail of our reception in a seamless way. From the delectable cuisine to the... Read More grandeur of the ballroom, The Desmond made our wedding day unforgettable. I highly recommend this Chester County charm!

Great hotel to accommodate our wedding guests!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Laura C

The Desmond was our main hotel for our guests to stay at for our wedding. The bridal suite was gorgeous and perfect for having the bridal party get their hair and makeup done. The hotel staff was extremely attentive to all our needs. Marie and Rachel were instrumental in... Read More setting up our wedding block and accommodating as many guests as were possible.

Guests were pleased!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Catherine S

We had our reception at the Desmond (which was AWESOME!), so we had a room rate for the weekend. All of our guests were very happy with the price and their rooms. The Desmond was super accommodating with the reserve by date. I can't recommend the Desmond enough!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Erin S

They took care of everything! They made the wedding process as simple as possible beforehand and the day-of was a breeze. They handled set up perfectly and they packed everything back up for us at the end of the night and we picked it up in the morning. I couldn't have asked for... Read More more!