The Desmond Hotel Malvern

Malvern, PA

Book Your Wedding with The Desmond Hotel Malvern

A BALLROOM IN MALVERN, PA

For the past 25 years, the Desmond Hotel in Malvern, Pennsylvania has brought their own brand of hospitality and elegance to their guests. Now, brides and grooms can host both their wedding ceremonies and receptions in one of the property's indoor or outdoor spaces for up to 275 guests.

The Gazebo. The Gazebo at the Desmond Hotel offers a quaint stage on which the bride and groom can say their vows as up to 275 guests look on from white garden chairs. Lush greenery and seasonal blooms provide the backdrop for the Gazebo and make for stunning photos. Use of the Gazebo includes a sound system, a professional ceremony coordinator, a ceremony table with ivory linens and a rehearsal.

The Grand Ballroom and Conservatory. The Grand Ballroom and Conservatory can be used for both ceremonies and receptions. It also provides the ideal indoor ceremony space for gazebo events that encounter rain. Up to 275 guests can enjoy cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and delicious meals in the Grand Ballroom while celebrating the newlywed couple surrounded by classic architecture, a gorgeous fireplace and picturesque windows.

Wedding menu packages include selections of cocktails, gourmet cheeses and fresh fruits, food stations like tapas and pasta, plated entrees like twin crab cakes and stuffed boneless chicken breast and a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres with meat, vegetarian and seafood choices. To-be-weds can also offer their guests premium or enhanced bar selections. Sunday receptions offer their own separate brunch and dinner packages. Also, wedding guests under the age of three can enjoy a special menu made just for them.

The Desmond Hotel requires that couples pay a $3,000 deposit to hold their chosen wedding date. The final payment is due no later than 72 hours before the wedding day.

The wedding party and wedding guests can enjoy a stay at the Desmond Hotel for a special reduced rate. Blocks of rooms can be reserved in advance and reservation cards will be made available to hand out to guests or send in invitations. Shuttle service is also available around the property using the Desmond mini-buses.

Couples can expect to enjoy some extra perks for booking their weddings at the Desmond Hotel. All wedding packages include the following:

• A one-hour cocktail reception complete with hors d'oeuvres
  • A menu tasting for the couple and up to two guests prior to the wedding
  • Premium open bar service for five hours
  • Three-course dinner with custom designed wedding cake
  • Hospitality suite with personal bridal attendant
  • Ivory linens and overlays
  • Custom floral centerpieces
  • Complimentary suite for bride and groom on the wedding night
  • Complimentary overnight stay at the Desmond Hotel on the first wedding anniversary

Classically Elegant, Affordable and Unique!

Award winning dining, first class accommodations and classically elegant decor await you at The Desmond Ballroom or a more casual elegance outdoors on The Desmond Terrace. Our exceptional staff will help you plan your dream wedding weekend from the rehearsal dinner to ceremony to the farewell breakfast and everything in-between! One stop simplicity! The Desmond will take care of you and your guests, like no other!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

1 Liberty Boulevard, Malvern, PA (610) 296-9800

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alayna G

The Desmond Staff went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything we wanted. All of our guests raved about the food, staff, and the hotel! We are still hearing from our guest months later about how great everything was! It was great being able to do everything in one... Read More location, my girls and I got ready in the presidential parlor and my groom got ready in our suite for that evening. Then at the end of the night we didn't have to worry about travel as we all just moved out to the deck for our after reception drinks and got to relax with our guests. The next morning we also had a private breakfast onsite which was delicious and everyone definitely loved. All in all The Desmond is an amazing place for a wedding and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing venue and staff to run their event.

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Caitlin S

The Desmond Hotel made our wedding day absolutely perfect! Throughout the planning process, any time I had a question, they were immediately answered by Kevin, Andy or Karen. I had absolutely no worries placing my wedding in their hands. They knew what we wanted and took care of... Read More the rest, even anticipating somethings before we knew we needed/wanted them. They provided a bridal suite for my girls and I to get ready. They then turned over the room for the bridal party to enjoy apps and beverages before we went into cocktail hour. The day of Karen made sure the timeline went as planned. We had an outdoor ceremony with rain looming, so timing was necessary. Afterwards, Karen made sure to get me from cocktail hour and get the reception started right away. She was amazing. My husband and I had our own waitress the night of and it was fabulous. I never had to ask for anything! During the reception, Andy was our man. He was there every step of the way. He knew I wanted to keep the party moving and people dancing all night and he made sure to keep it that way. The staff at the Desmond is beyond any other I have encountered. They love their jobs and it shows. The food was amazing, from the cocktail appetizers, to the reception meals, to the decadent dessert bar...it was impeccable. My guests are STILL talking about the food. I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else.

The Desmond Hotel - Phenomenal!!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Susan F

We fell in love with The Desmond way before our daughter even became engaged in August of 2008. We knew this was where we wanted our daughter's wedding to take place. The setting, the food, the service, the sharp attention to even the tiniest details . . . and the list goes on... Read More and on--could not have been finer!!! From our very first meeting with the staff in June of 2009 through the week after the wedding (10/24/10), the service and attention we received could not have been more wonderful--and we have been to weddings at many different venues. We received very positive feedback from our guests, and the bride and groom were in heaven and so grateful to everyone at The Desmond for making all their wedding dreams come true. We would not hesitate to use The Desmond again for any special event.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lisa H

We cannot say thank you enough to Karen, Andy and Carol! Karen was with us from day one and helped us plan our wedding for months by answering all of the questions we had. Andy was there from start to finish on our wedding day to ensure it went smoothly. Carol was so sweet and... Read More willing to help out in any way. We loved The Desmond!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Ashley B

We cannot recommend The Desmond enough! Everything was perfect and our day was so smooth and fun. They catered to our guests and met any request. They allowed my dog in the ceremony, they were so professional, the food was amazing, and everyone had a fantastic time at our... Read More wedding. They exceeded all our expectations! You can't go wrong! It's a great location and the rooms are comfortable and clean. We even had an after party out on the terrace. They are experts in wedding planning and gave us an unforgettable day!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Aimee P

The Desmond was incredible start to finish. Communication was thorough and very quick. I absolutely loved how they took care EVERYTHING, no need to search for my cake or florist. Our guests were blown away by the decor and service. The food was also delicious, I couldn't be... Read More happier with our choice. Thank you Andy for overseeing our evening, we didn't have to worry about a thing.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Paige S

The Desmond was an amazing venue! They were great with communication throughout the planning process and executed flawlessly the day-of. I would recommend the Desmond Hotel to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Quin A

I was married at the Phoenixville Foundry and initially when I began my search for our room block, I wanted a hotel as close as possible to the venue. After visiting the Desmond, I realized those extra few minutes of travel time didn't matter at all. They were very accommodating... Read More and handled our large group (we had 62 rooms booked!) with ease and everyone said they had a great stay. Their rate was very reasonable as well. Guests said it was one of the best values they ever had while staying on a hotel room block rate. Also offering to pick guests up for free at the Paoli train station was also super helpful as well as accommodating so many early check-ins. They also coordinated our shuttles for no extra charge which was a huge help so I did not have to deal with the vendor. We also hosted our after party on the back deck which was great and a day-after brunch in the garden room. Both events went so smoothly! They were extremely responsive. I was probably the most hands-on bride that didn't even host her actual wedding at the Desmond, but they really were phenomenal to work with.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Ashley H

We were completely wow'd by the Desmond and their staff. Our ceremony was held on site in the conservatory. Absolutely a beautiful indoor option. Karen was our wedding coordinator and she made the process super easy. She couldn't have been more helpful. She had answers to every... Read More question and was an immense help along the way. The day of banquet manager was Kevin. He knew exactly what our vision was and made sure it happened. He kept us and our party on time and on task, but also made sure we had some moments to enjoy. They food simply put was spectacular. We did stations instead of plated dinner and would highly recommend this. The sirloin and pork loin were excellent, and the short rib ravioli's were a show stopper. The staff was excellent as well. All our guests had a great time. Price was very reasonable as well. I felt like we got great value for what we paid.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Nicole L

We used the Desmond Hotel for a variety of wedding related events and they were absolutely wonderful from beginning to end! We had our rehearsal dinner on Friday night and used the Desmond shuttles to go to and from our rehearsal venue and then had an open bar and light snacks... Read More after the rehearsal at the Desmond on the back deck, everything was beautiful and no issues. Saturday the bride and groom got ready in separate suites at the hotel and the staff was so accommodating and the rooms were the perfect size for a medium size bridal party to get ready in. I worked directly with the Desmond to organize shuttles for our bridal party and the wedding guests from the hotel to the wedding venue, they found vendors that were extremely reasonable. Sunday morning we hosted a buffet brunch for our guests in the garden room and the staff decorated the room so beautifully and the food was great quality!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Katie L

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Desmond. It was a beautiful and relaxed location on the patio with lights. Sam was great to work with, always responsive to our questions and very helpful throughout the whole process. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Kate Y

Our experience at the Desmond was wonderful. We had our guests stay there for our wedding on May 20th and could not be happier. The staff was so accomodating. They provided shuttles to and from our venue and the bridal suite was amazing! The rooms are very nice and give you... Read More a homey feel. The restaurants onsite were great and a fun place to go after the wedding! Overall, we would definitely recommend having your guests stay here if you are getting married in the general area! Thank you Desmond!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Monica S

Such a beautiful place to stay at and the staff here is amazing. Their customer service is top notch and you will LOVE staying here.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Lindsay B

We had our wedding reception at The Desmond in November '16, and it was absolutely incredible!! The staff here (from the banquet coordinators, servers, etc.) are truly the best in the business. Karen was wonderful to work with and was always very responsive. She made sure... Read More everything was how we wanted it to be! Kevin was there the night of our wedding and really helped the night flow smoothly! We also were able to "peek" at a few wedding receptions as they were being set up; this was great, because it allowed us to see what the space looks like for a wedding reception! The staff were busy setting up, but when they saw us looking around, they asked if we had any questions. That really showed us how attentive and customer-service oriented they all were! The space is absolutely beautiful and we received many compliments on the service and the food. One of the best parts is that this venue is a hotel, so you and your guests can "take the elevator home!" My parents hosted a breakfast at The Desmond the next morning for our out of town guests, and really raved about it (my husband and I were already on our way to our honeymoon). You will NOT be disappointed in this venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Matthew M

Karen, Brince and the rest of the staff did a great job of making sure our wedding went perfectly! Food was great! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Julie H

We held our post wedding brunch at the Desmond and we could not be happier with our experience! The 30 out of town guests who stayed here were absolutely thrilled with everything!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lori B

The Desmond was the perfect venue for my wedding. Next to the groom-- it was my best decision! They bend over backwards to accommodate. The whole staff is friendly and made my husband, our family and our friends feel like we were the most important clients of all time :) The... Read More food was outstanding-- very atypical of other hotel experiences.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ron P

Karen and the team were wonderful in answering all our questions and concerns. Everything went especially well at the wedding. I have recommended the Desmond to several others.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Stephanie K

EVERYONE at the Desmond worked hard to make sure that our reception was perfect. We are not a "normal" wedding couple, and they were happy to help us accommodate all of our "offbeat" and "geeky" ideas to make the evening perfection. It was perfectly classy for our families, and... Read More 100% fun for our friends. Everyone has been telling us that they've never been to a wedding reception that was more fun. We left feeling like the staff were new friends. Thank you to everyone at the Desmond.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Kelley M

Our wedding reception at the Desmond was everything we dreamed of and more! Our wedding consultant Karen was a complete pro and thought of absolutely EVERYTHING! The menu was extensive and there were so many menu options and price points - truly something for everyone and... Read More every budget. Our centerpieces were included with our package from Blue Moon Florist and were spectacular, as well as our cake from the Master's Baker! The Desmond also had a shuttle for all of our out of town family to take to the wedding ceremony at the church the day of the wedding. The cocktail hour was superb! Our photographer had us done in time so we got to enjoy time mingling with our guests in the stunning conservatory with a large assortment of passed appetizers as well as stations. The staff was extremely attentive, making sure we didn't have to worry about food or drinks all night. They also took care of our VIP tables which was extremely helpful with my elderly grandparents. The accommodations in the bridal suite were gorgeous - when we got to our room we had cake slices and a bottle of champagne waiting for us along with all of our gifts! They really take care of you. The Desmond truly makes you and your husband/wife feel extremely special and pampered. We cannot say enough good things about this venue! BOOK IT!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Caitlin

The Desmond was absolutely perfect and wonderful for our wedding. Everything turned out bigger and better than I imagined. Karen, our wedding coordinator, was easy to work with. She always made us feel welcome and special. Kevin, our catering manager, made sure our day went... Read More smoothly. Our conservatory ceremony was beautiful, the food was great, everyone was so nice and accommodating, we couldn't have asked for a better place to host our special day.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Kate B

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Desmond on the private covered deck outside and it was perfect! It was a Friday night and they always have live music which we were able to enjoy as well! And the food was delicious!!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Tina

Let me start by saying I would recommend The Desmond to everyone! We picked it ultimately due to it's close proximity to our chapel, the fact that guests could walk to their rooms at the end of the night, which was very important to us since most people were from out of town,... Read More and the fact that they would be accommodating to the possibility of military orders changing at the last minute. They provided us with a list of vendors they had worked with before and recommended, which was so helpful! We ended up using quite a few of them and they were all awesome. It was also nice that the flowers and cake were included in with the wedding package, two less things to worry about paying for! I also ended up going to a bridal show at The Desmond, which was additionally helpful for finding some other vendors. Not sure if they do it every year, but if you are planning on having your wedding there I would recommend it! We worked with Karen who was so helpful from day 1 all the way through to our wedding day! She was very accommodating to our limited availability to meet due to living several hours away. She was around the entire weekend of our wedding to collect all our decorations and favors to set up and make sure everything ran smoothly. There was a set day for the food tasting, but we were unfortunately unable to make it due to work schedules so they set up a personal food tasting for us. The catering manager was very helpful and talked us through all our options, and the food was all amazing!! We had a smaller wedding, but since we had it on a Saturday, we had a minimum amount (I think $18000) that we had to pay regardless, so I would look out for that if you are also planning on a smaller wedding. We didn't quite meet that amount and just ended up upgrading the bar so everything worked out. The day of they provided me and the bridesmaids with a room to get ready in, so the salon came right to us, which definitely helped with timing! We later used that room to have a private cocktail hour with just the bridal party, and it was super nice to spend some time relaxing with them before the reception. If I haven't mentioned it already, all their food was amazing! From the dinner to the catered snacks we had at Fox and Hound to the incredible breakfast buffet in The Hunt Club the next morning, I would definitely not mind eating there again! Despite vegetarian options not being on the original list of food options, they did accommodate our vegetarian guests with what sounded like a ton of delicious pasta! Most importantly, it was awesome having everything in one spot, and I would think way less stressful. Our honeymoon suite was spacious and gorgeous. While our reception was going on they brought all our gifts and anything else we didn't need back to our room for us and they held onto our decorations at the front desk overnight. They left us some extra treats in the room too :) I didn't get much time to eat my dinner during the reception but they warmed it up for me afterwards and brought it over to the bar in the lobby where we were having our afterparty. Bottom line, a perfect place to have your wedding! :)

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Kristen J

We used the Desmond Hotel for our hotel room block and had a great experience! Their event manager, Samantha, accomidated all of our needs with out any issues. There were 8 weddings staying at the Desmond that weekend and you wouldn't have known! Everything went smoothly from... Read More the reservations to the transportation to and from the venue to the late night after party! Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about their stay and we had a wonderful time!!

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Dinsha M

Tucked in scenic beauty, The Desmond Hotel is a fantastic venue for a dream wedding. From the ballroom, to the guest rooms, to the employees helping us coordinate with the wedding the way we wanted, to the chef, to the butlers, everything is fantastic! My groom and I are truly... Read More grateful to everyone at The Desmond who helped us make our dream wedding come true!