THE DRAKE HOTEL

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Mansion/Historic Site, Restaurant, Unusual/Alternative

140 E Walton Place, Chicago, IL

Disappointed

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Katie H

Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to get married at The Drake. Well, I recently got engaged and was anxious to visit the property and discuss the details to prepare for my dream wedding reception! We met with John and he was very nice, the hotel is old ( reason we loved is for the history). However, the ceilings in the cocktail reception area were run down and one of the master suites shown smelled like mold. These were a few things we noticed during the visit but still had our hearts set on The Drake just because of it's history. The reason for writing this review is I wanted to express my extreme disappointment with the way my consultation was handled by both John (catering director) and Annemarke ( I suppose this was the room rate/ sales group rep). We were willing to spend 40k on a nice reception but they would not offer a reasonable reduced room rate for our guests. It was absurd and double what they advertise online. When trying to negotiate, there is no negotiation with them as they stick their noses up and have a take it or leave it stance and simply don't respond. They would not drop 40 bucks in order to stay in a reasonable group room rate and it's sad that they can't take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I suppose they have no problem filling their event space and made it apparent by forgetting to even try to work with us in order to make our wedding wishes a reality. Thanks Drake!

High Tea

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Sarah L

We had tea for my bachelorette party, and it was a lot of fun! The Drake Hotel's tea room is so fancy and elegant, and the food is pretty good. And, they keep the tea coming--we never ran out!

Service beyond compare.

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Maria R

Beautiful venue. Above all, their service was phenomenal. We're helpful in giving suggestions for wedding vendors as well.

Send Email