The Dress By Nicole

(78)

Wheaton, IL

Not just any dress...The Dress!

The Dress by Nicole is a bridal boutique for the discriminating bride looking for that exquisite, unique gown. Selected for elegance, beauty and high quality, we offer a wide array of special order and immediate purchase gowns, dresses and tuxedos. We are excited to help you find The Dress!

Type

Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mothers Fashions, Other Attire & Accessories, Shoes, Wedding Gowns

131 W Wesley St, Wheaton, IL

Perfect Fit

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Lisa L

I had done a lot of research before going to try on dresses for my wedding, and when I saw the dress that truly caught my eye, I had to go and try it on. The only shop that was listed for Kitty Chen at the time was The Dress by Nicole, and I am so glad I made an appointment at her store. I went with my mother and future mother in law, and a few of my bridesmaids. I was a little taken back by the size of her shop, but I think that's what gives it character. It is her store, and she controls everything that goes in and out of it, not like a David's Bridal or House of Brides where the consultants know nothing about each designer. When I told the consultant what designer I wanted to try, she knew exactly what kind of dress I was looking for. I went in wanting to try on one specific dress, and I ended up getting another dress that the consultant chose for me, and I am so glad that I picked that dress. My dress came in about a month earlier than expected, and Nicole called me right away to schedule a fitting. She also referred me to a seamstress that I absolutely loved. Mary and Nicole are so knowledged in wedding dresses and the way the are made, and it truly was such a blessing that I had both of them be a part of my wedding. I cannot recommend Nicole enough to all of my friends that are getting married. And it doesn't hurt that the designer of my dress has been to Nicole's store several times, she truly is a master of her craft.

Loved everything at The Dress by Nicole!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Meaghan V

I absolutely loved The Dress by Nicole and my whole experience at the store. I went to the store after trying on close to 60 wedding dresses elsewhere, and not finding anything I liked. I told my associate that I was extremely nervous felt like I was starting over, but she was so calm and helpful that any nervousness and anxiety I was feeling quickly disappeared. She helped me choose about 8 dresses, holding one for last, saying she knew it'd be my favorite— and it was! I walked out in the last dress and my mom and godmother both started crying. I knew it was the dress and I was so excited to finally find it. We paid for the dress that day, but they let me come back a two months later to try it on again to decide what size I should order. In the meantime, they kept me up to date on the status of my order and payment through phone calls and emails, but never were pushy or rude. Everyone at the store was exceptionally welcoming and kind, and they really gave me the best wedding dress shopping experience I could have. I even bought my veil and earrings from the same store. Thank you, Nicole, and all of your associates!

8/08/2013 Response from the vendor

Awww thank you for your great review! :) All the ladies at The Dress love to see our brides happy!

The perfect dress shop

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Brandi S

I bought my dress at The Dress by Nicole back in September of 2012. I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I loved the boutique style of the store and the intimacy that provided. The young girl helping me get in and out of dresses made me feel very comfortable and seemed enthusiastic about her job. Nicole was there as well to oversee the shopping and offer words of encouragement and compliments. My family and friends were with me, and they were made to feel very welcomed also. The prices of the dresses were very reasonable, and every dress fit like a dream - which made it hard to choose! I also loved that they suggested dress alterations with someone that was not associated with the store, their sales or commissions. That felt very honest and they advised me well on size choice. I did end up using the alterations specialist they had advised and she was wonderful, too. All in all, I paid $50 dollars to add a bussel and that was it! Loved The Dress by Nicole and have recommended it to all of my friends getting married, and anyone in need of a special occasion gown!

Best Customer Service Experience

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Allison Z

I went to The Dress by Nicole with my mother and sister. Jessica (the store manager) helped us and was extremely friendly and patient and let me try on a variety of gowns. When I found a dress that I wasn't expecting to like at the Aria Trunk Show, I was thrilled and they let me try on a bunch of different accessories to go with it. We had some issues with the fit and size of the dress that I ordered and Jessica and Nicole went above and beyond to work with the manufacturer to make sure I got a dress that fit right and I felt comfortable in. I highly recommend The Dress by Nicole. I promise they will take care of you!

Mrs. P

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Rebecca A

I had a wonderful experience at The Dress by Nicole. My consultant listened to what I wanted and let me dictate the appointment. She was honest and made me feel comfortable This was my first stop trying on dresses and I ended up with the third one I tried on. My sister also got her wedding dress from The Dress by Nicole, again first stop, third dress. Both dresses were completely different but gorgeous. I could not have asked for a better experience. It was not overwhelming as they only have a few appointments at a time and I was given the attention needed to let me make my decision. Wonderful boutique! Wonderful service!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Mary Cate W

Nicole and Jessica (and I'm sure the rest of the staff) are absolutely a delight to work with! I went to DBN because my friend had found her dress there, and she had gone because another friend had as well! I had a fantastic time trying on dresses at the sample sale, and wound up choosing the 2nd one I had put on. Nicole has a great eye and picks fantastic high-quality dresses. I used their recommended seamstress, who was also wonderful. When it came time to choose tuxes, I went back to DBN! Once again, Jessica and Nicole were extremely helpful, and everything came together perfectly. I absolutely loved working with DBN for my dress and tuxes!!

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Shannon O

I found my dress at The Dress by Nicole and I couldn't have been happier! At first I didn't think it was something I would have fallen in love with but I did! I got so many compliments and felt beautiful! Thank you DBN!

My Luna Novia...

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Christine C

First off, let me start by saying, I am an older bride...going dress shopping can be intimidating enough, let alone being older....The Dress by Nicole and her staff made me feel like a princess, they made me feel special, and it really meant alot to me...thank you for that! Now....Luna Novias had the dress I wanted, and boy, did I have a hard time finding one to try on. The Dress by Nicole carries Luna Novias, and Nicole located my dress via the vendor, and she made sure it was available for me to try on....I fell in love...! Nicole and her staff were very accommodating, and she answered whatever questions I had. They have an extensive inventory of bridal jewelry and accessories, even shoes! After my experience with some of the "big chain" bridal shops, I was so very happy with The Dress by Nicole. She has gowns in every budget, and works with an AWESOME seamstress for alterations. The Dress by Nicole made my dress shopping experience delightful, as it should be....don't you think?

The Dress By Nicole

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Emily L

The ladies at The Dress By Nicole are wonderful to work with. Despite being small, the store has a wide variety of styles and price ranges. I would absolutely recommend them!

Just the best!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

From the moment you walk into The Dress by Nicole store you feel special. I was on a time crunch with dress shopping as I was returning back to Bangkok, Thailand where I was working at the time. My consultant along with Nicole worked with me on the process of picking out the perfect dress while handling my international needs. I truly couldn't have asked for a better wedding dress shopping experience. I highly recommend this store to not just brides, but mother of the brides, bridesmaids, flower girls etc. The store is willing to cater to your needs and make you feel like a million bucks without breaking the bank. Thanks Dress by Nicole for everything, you made my wedding dress dreams a reality!

I highly recommend visiting The Dress by Nicole!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Jackie H

I absolutely loved The Dress by Nicole and my whole experience at the store! I first met Nicole when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding and she was very helpful with getting sized for and ordering my bridesmaid dress. I knew I wanted to visit The Dress when I got engaged! I visited the store with my mom and sister and explained to Nicole the styles and designers I liked. She helped us pick out some dresses in our price range and I fell in love with the sixth one I tried on! I actually had a "dress moment" and started to cry the second I saw myself in the mirror. Nicole even chose a belt to go with my dress that complemented it beautifully. Buying my wedding dress was one of the easiest parts of my wedding planning process and Nicole helped to make it as smooth as it was. My sister even picked out the dress all five of my bridesmaids wore. On my wedding day (7.26.14), I felt so incredibly beautiful! I received so many compliments on my dress and my bridesmaids' dresses. I couldn't have been happier with how the colors and everything looked! I am truly thankful for Nicole's professionalism and her genuine interest in my special day! I would definitely recommend all brides visit The Dress by Nicole!!!

The Dress by Nicole is the best!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Amanda K

Throughout all of our wedding planning my least favorite part was trying on wedding dresses. They were either way to big or way to small, or I felt like "just another bride" when going to some stores. As soon as I walked into The Dress, I felt more comfortable. The staff, including Nicole herself, made me feel at ease. They were so patient and helpful (I had no idea what style dress I wanted); I felt like I was their only priority while I was there. AND they took the time to adjust dresses so they fit- so I could truly imagine what the gown would look like on "the big day". Aside from the incredible staff, the shop is intimate and CLEAN- no pit stains or tears on the dresses like I saw at other boutiques/chain stores. I must have gone to The Dress 5 times before finally deciding on my gown and each time was equally special. Nicole and her staff also recommended a great seamstress! The Dress is the way to go! It's worth a drive if you aren't local!!

Great Overall Experience

Reviewed on 3/10/2014 Katie B

Great selection of dress -- great customer service -- very friendly and helpful staff -- helped me find the gown of my dreams!

Great option in the Western Suburbs

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Beth R

I visited this shop at the last minute based on the recommendation of my seamstress. I was looking for some inexpensive jewelry to go with my gown. The ladies that work here are super helpful. I found what I was looking for and didn't have to pay a fortune for it. I actually said to them as I was leaving: this is the first time in 6 months that I haven't felt ripped off by the wedding business. Thank you.

Love The Dress by Nicole!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Lydia S

I must say that the Dress by Nicole is a wonderful shop. They are all so wonderful and very helpful. The price is decent and they have a wide variety of designers. They made sure everything came in on time and they also made sure everything looked perfect. I am very glad I found them. I would recommend The Dress by Nicole to everyone!

Very accommodating, best shop in the burbs!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Amy L

Bought my dress 5 months before my wedding and had iti n time. This shop goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy and look you best. I also bought my 6 bridesmaids dresses here. Best shop in the burbs!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Elizabeth M

Thank you, Nicole and Jessica! I greatly appreciate your patience and expertise.

I would wear my dress everyday if I could!!!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Hannah P

I had the most wonderful experience with The Dress by Nicole. Everyone that we worked with was absolutely lovely and so helpful! The experience of dress shopping at The Dress was so much more intimate and enjoyable than all of the other boutiques that I visited. The girls there were very knowledgeable and helpful, and because of their recommendations, I ended up with the perfect dress that I probably otherwise would not have tried on. Of course the dress that I loved was over my budget, but Nicole sold me the sample and I ended up being to afford it :) I absolutely LOVED my dress and have been sending all of my newly engaged friends over to The Dress so they can be as happy as I was on my big day!

Fantastic experience

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Bridget B

Nicole was flexible and helpful from our first meeting; she fit me in at the last minute, followed up with me, helped find the designer I liked, and ordered a dress even though she didn't carry it in stock. She also put us in touch with an AMAZING seamstress. Strongly recommended!

Best Wedding Dress Shopping Experience Bar None!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Madeline W

I made an appointment at The Dress by Nicole on a whim after I had seen an advertisement for their annual sample sale, and I am so happy I did! My shopping experience there was extremely positive -- I came when it was not only their sample sale, but they had also just opened a newly constructed part of the boutique (an expansion) that same day, and everyone was very calm and kind, and so I can't imagine what the experience must be for a traditional appointment! I was fortunate enough to have Nicole helping me find a dress, and as the other reviews have stated, she knows designers and dresses so well, was not pushy whatsoever and could not have been sweeter or more thoughtful. For being a somewhat smaller boutique shop, they have a very wide selection. It's so nice to support smaller businesses that actually care about and excel in their product. I have already made another appointment to go back for bridesmaids dresses! Thanks again! I am still SO excited about THE dress :)

I love The Dress by Nicole!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Julie K

The Dress by Nicole is a beautiful shop with a nice selection of gorgeous wedding gowns. The staff was very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly and made the entire process of finding 'the dress' very special. They were also very helpful with working with the entire bridal party for both bridesmaid dresses and tuxes. All of our orders and even special order pieces came in quickly and are beautiful! I would highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for that special dress!

Gorgeous Dress - Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 maggie c

I was so pleased when I found The Dress by Nicole -- I did not want to go to one of the 'big' shops to look for a dress as I knew it would be too overwhelming and I also wanted a 'one of a kind' dress. I am so glad that I found The Dress by Nicole; they had a nice selection of beautiful, unique and exceptionally well made wedding gowns. The staff was excellent - they helped me select a dress that was perfect for my figure but was also a bit out of my 'comfort zone' but in a good way! I also needed to be able to have a lace jacket for the dress as I wanted my shoulders covered -- they gave me the name of a seamstress they use and she did an awesome job. They managed to find a dress that I would never have selected for myself that ended up being perfect. I would highly recommend The Dress by Nicole and would use them in the future.

Great Vendor

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Rebecca R

Working with the Dress by Nicole was fantastic. She is reliable, prompt and very helpful. She also uses a fantastic tailor.

"THE" place to find The Dress

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Debbie R

I found my dress here for my March 2013 wedding and am so glad I did. The store is so cute and quaint with a great selection. The staff are very friendly, but never pushy. My dress was so amazing and very affordable for the quality I received - I can't tell you how many compliments I received about the dress. I would recommend for anyone to check out this cute shop in the search for their perfect dress!

The dress

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Alissa S

I love The Dress By Nicole. They were very patient with me through my decision process of dress shopping and I never felt pressured to purchase from them. I went in for two appointment with them before purchasing the second dress I tried on. They were very helpful and nothing but patient and understanding through a process that can be very stressful.

Send Email