Not just any dress...The Dress!

The Dress by Nicole is a bridal boutique for the discriminating bride looking for that exquisite, unique gown. Selected for elegance, beauty and high quality, we offer a wide array of special order dresses. We are excited to help you find The Dress!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Private Appointments Available

131 W Wesley St, Wheaton, IL

Perfect Fit

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Lisa L

I had done a lot of research before going to try on dresses for my wedding, and when I saw the dress that truly caught my eye, I had to go and try it on. The only shop that was listed for Kitty Chen at the time was The Dress by Nicole, and I am so glad I made an appointment at... Read More her store. I went with my mother and future mother in law, and a few of my bridesmaids. I was a little taken back by the size of her shop, but I think that's what gives it character. It is her store, and she controls everything that goes in and out of it, not like a David's Bridal or House of Brides where the consultants know nothing about each designer. When I told the consultant what designer I wanted to try, she knew exactly what kind of dress I was looking for. I went in wanting to try on one specific dress, and I ended up getting another dress that the consultant chose for me, and I am so glad that I picked that dress. My dress came in about a month earlier than expected, and Nicole called me right away to schedule a fitting. She also referred me to a seamstress that I absolutely loved. Mary and Nicole are so knowledged in wedding dresses and the way the are made, and it truly was such a blessing that I had both of them be a part of my wedding. I cannot recommend Nicole enough to all of my friends that are getting married. And it doesn't hurt that the designer of my dress has been to Nicole's store several times, she truly is a master of her craft.

Loved everything at The Dress by Nicole!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Meaghan V

I absolutely loved The Dress by Nicole and my whole experience at the store. I went to the store after trying on close to 60 wedding dresses elsewhere, and not finding anything I liked. I told my associate that I was extremely nervous felt like I was starting over, but she was... Read More so calm and helpful that any nervousness and anxiety I was feeling quickly disappeared. She helped me choose about 8 dresses, holding one for last, saying she knew it'd be my favorite— and it was! I walked out in the last dress and my mom and godmother both started crying. I knew it was the dress and I was so excited to finally find it. We paid for the dress that day, but they let me come back a two months later to try it on again to decide what size I should order. In the meantime, they kept me up to date on the status of my order and payment through phone calls and emails, but never were pushy or rude. Everyone at the store was exceptionally welcoming and kind, and they really gave me the best wedding dress shopping experience I could have. I even bought my veil and earrings from the same store. Thank you, Nicole, and all of your associates!

2013-08-08T09:54:05 Response from the vendor

Awww thank you for your great review! :) All the ladies at The Dress love to see our brides happy!

The perfect dress shop

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Brandi S

I bought my dress at The Dress by Nicole back in September of 2012. I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I loved the boutique style of the store and the intimacy that provided. The young girl helping me get in and out of dresses made me feel very comfortable and seemed... Read More enthusiastic about her job. Nicole was there as well to oversee the shopping and offer words of encouragement and compliments. My family and friends were with me, and they were made to feel very welcomed also. The prices of the dresses were very reasonable, and every dress fit like a dream - which made it hard to choose! I also loved that they suggested dress alterations with someone that was not associated with the store, their sales or commissions. That felt very honest and they advised me well on size choice. I did end up using the alterations specialist they had advised and she was wonderful, too. All in all, I paid $50 dollars to add a bussel and that was it! Loved The Dress by Nicole and have recommended it to all of my friends getting married, and anyone in need of a special occasion gown!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Mary Kate O

Stacy and the Dress by Nicole team went above and beyond for such an amazing experience! After going to a few places before, I thought I would never find a dress in my price range. Stacy actually pulled my dress for me and I fell in love with it! It was the opposite of what I... Read More thought I would end up with but it is better than what I imagined! I put my full trust into the dress by Nicole team! You won't be disappointed!!

Definitely look for your dress here!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

The Dress by Nicole was the last bridal store I visited in shopping for my wedding dress - I had visited four or five prior. The size is deceptive - the store looks tiny but it really has a wide selection of beautiful, high-quality, reasonably priced dresses! There were at least... Read More two dresses in the store that I would have been happy to wear down the aisle - something I couldn't say of any other store I visited. Jessica is a really patient and kind sales associate, as well - I had made appointments at all the other bridal salons I visited but I didn't at Nicole's because I went in on a whim. They still accommodated me. I felt totally confident in this store's ability to deliver the dress as promised and to help me accessorize it well. I also purchased my veil, a crystal accessory belt, and earrings there to complete my look. Definitely visit The Dress by Nicole in your search for your wedding dress!

Sample Sale

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Avery L

I went to The Dress By Nicole's sample sale in September. It was the first time I was trying on gowns, which they don't recommend, but I have a good sense of what I do and don't like, so I wasn't worried about being overwhelmed. The shop is lovely, with a great selection for... Read More being so small, and the staff were friendly and helpful; they looked at my inspiration dresses, and were able to point me toward specific designers that they carried. I appreciated that they gave my mother and I space as we discussed whether I should purchase my dress or not (which I did). The Amy Kuschel gowns they carry are lovely--I'm so excited to wear mine next spring!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Susanne K

I purchased my wedding dress at The Dress by Nicole and it was such a beautiful experience. The staff is so kind, patient, and supportive. The shop itself is beautiful and calm. The selection of dresses is classic and gorgeous. They also helped me find the perfect accessories... Read More (veil and matching belt) for my dress and referred me to an amazing seamstress (Mary) who did a perfect job of completing the vision that I had for my dress.

July 4th Wedding

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Lizzy K

I loved my experience at The Dress. Everyone was always very nice and they remembered who I was every time I came in. They do not do alterations, but they recommended someone who did a fantastic job. They even gave up one of their sample belts so that my belt, which was a bit... Read More too small, could be altered to fit.

Great experience

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Deanne C

I had a great experience at The Dress by Nicole. From the moment I went in, to picking up my dress, and finding accessories, everything went smoothly and as planned. They were great!

Best Customer Service Experience

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Allison Z

I went to The Dress by Nicole with my mother and sister. Jessica (the store manager) helped us and was extremely friendly and patient and let me try on a variety of gowns. When I found a dress that I wasn't expecting to like at the Aria Trunk Show, I was thrilled and they let me... Read More try on a bunch of different accessories to go with it. We had some issues with the fit and size of the dress that I ordered and Jessica and Nicole went above and beyond to work with the manufacturer to make sure I got a dress that fit right and I felt comfortable in. I highly recommend The Dress by Nicole. I promise they will take care of you!

Mrs. P

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Rebecca A

I had a wonderful experience at The Dress by Nicole. My consultant listened to what I wanted and let me dictate the appointment. She was honest and made me feel comfortable This was my first stop trying on dresses and I ended up with the third one I tried on. My sister also got... Read More her wedding dress from The Dress by Nicole, again first stop, third dress. Both dresses were completely different but gorgeous. I could not have asked for a better experience. It was not overwhelming as they only have a few appointments at a time and I was given the attention needed to let me make my decision. Wonderful boutique! Wonderful service!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Mary Cate W

Nicole and Jessica (and I'm sure the rest of the staff) are absolutely a delight to work with! I went to DBN because my friend had found her dress there, and she had gone because another friend had as well! I had a fantastic time trying on dresses at the sample sale, and wound... Read More up choosing the 2nd one I had put on. Nicole has a great eye and picks fantastic high-quality dresses. I used their recommended seamstress, who was also wonderful. When it came time to choose tuxes, I went back to DBN! Once again, Jessica and Nicole were extremely helpful, and everything came together perfectly. I absolutely loved working with DBN for my dress and tuxes!!

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Annika C

I absolutely loved my experience there. It was actually my first stop of the day and it was by far the best. They were personable, knowledgable and best-of-all not pushy! I ended up returning a week after my initial appointment to purchase my dress. It felt great to not feel... Read More hounded like I did from other stores. Nicole actually responds to you directly and they provide a cute gift bag when you buy from them. They also had a GREAT recommendation for a tailor (Mary Burlingame) out in the burbs. She was also phenomenal! Finally, they actually dropped off my dress for me to the tailors when it came in for free so that I wouldn't have to bring it over. Great experience and I would highly recommend them!

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Shannon O

I found my dress at The Dress by Nicole and I couldn't have been happier! At first I didn't think it was something I would have fallen in love with but I did! I got so many compliments and felt beautiful! Thank you DBN!

My Luna Novia...

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Christine C

First off, let me start by saying, I am an older bride...going dress shopping can be intimidating enough, let alone being older....The Dress by Nicole and her staff made me feel like a princess, they made me feel special, and it really meant alot to me...thank you for that!... Read More Now....Luna Novias had the dress I wanted, and boy, did I have a hard time finding one to try on. The Dress by Nicole carries Luna Novias, and Nicole located my dress via the vendor, and she made sure it was available for me to try on....I fell in love...! Nicole and her staff were very accommodating, and she answered whatever questions I had. They have an extensive inventory of bridal jewelry and accessories, even shoes! After my experience with some of the "big chain" bridal shops, I was so very happy with The Dress by Nicole. She has gowns in every budget, and works with an AWESOME seamstress for alterations. The Dress by Nicole made my dress shopping experience delightful, as it should be....don't you think?

The Dress By Nicole

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Emily L

The ladies at The Dress By Nicole are wonderful to work with. Despite being small, the store has a wide variety of styles and price ranges. I would absolutely recommend them!

Worth the trip

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Suzanne E

So I was the one that wanted to run to the courthouse and my fiancé was the one that wanted a big wedding. After a couple months into the process, I started to warm up to having our wedding and I was sold after trying on dresses at The Dress by Nicole. I decided to checkout... Read More their sample sale which was instantly appealing since it was by appointment. A little disappointing that I wouldn't have a throw down with another bride, but it was probably better since my mom, MOH and two cousins were there. I had tried on dresses before and none felt right. I'm a colorful person so white was just not doing it for me. I almost gave up, but with three dresses left, I found "the one". I knew instantly because my mom was head-over-heals (the whole courthouse idea came from her and my dad). Now we're both looking forward to the wedding! I cannot wait to wear my dress again. It'll be the third best thing of the day next to marrying my fiancé and seeing my family all in one space. The service was great and they were able to offer advice such as try on things you wouldn't normally think you would want. It was that advice that lead me to my dress. Side note: they have great accessories which can spice up your dress! Go. Don't wait. They're amazing.

Just the best!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

From the moment you walk into The Dress by Nicole store you feel special. I was on a time crunch with dress shopping as I was returning back to Bangkok, Thailand where I was working at the time. My consultant along with Nicole worked with me on the process of picking out the... Read More perfect dress while handling my international needs. I truly couldn't have asked for a better wedding dress shopping experience. I highly recommend this store to not just brides, but mother of the brides, bridesmaids, flower girls etc. The store is willing to cater to your needs and make you feel like a million bucks without breaking the bank. Thanks Dress by Nicole for everything, you made my wedding dress dreams a reality!

Loved the dress!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Marion S

Dress shopping at The Dress by Nicole was a wonderful experience for me. Each time I went in, the staff was extremely helpful and professional. I ended up buying not only my dress there, but also the belt, hair piece, and shoes. Although you couldn’t really see the shoes –... Read More they were absolutely amazing and recommended by store. I wore Tom’s wedges and they were extremely comfortable!! The Dress by Nicole also recommended Mary for alterations. Mary was excellent. Also, what helped me out was that the store dropped off the dress to Mary. I know this is a small detail, but I live in the city so by the store doing this for me it relieved me from taking a special trip out to Wheaton to transport the dress to the alterations.

I highly recommend visiting The Dress by Nicole!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Jackie H

I absolutely loved The Dress by Nicole and my whole experience at the store! I first met Nicole when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding and she was very helpful with getting sized for and ordering my bridesmaid dress. I knew I wanted to visit The Dress when I got engaged!... Read More I visited the store with my mom and sister and explained to Nicole the styles and designers I liked. She helped us pick out some dresses in our price range and I fell in love with the sixth one I tried on! I actually had a "dress moment" and started to cry the second I saw myself in the mirror. Nicole even chose a belt to go with my dress that complemented it beautifully. Buying my wedding dress was one of the easiest parts of my wedding planning process and Nicole helped to make it as smooth as it was. My sister even picked out the dress all five of my bridesmaids wore. On my wedding day (7.26.14), I felt so incredibly beautiful! I received so many compliments on my dress and my bridesmaids' dresses. I couldn't have been happier with how the colors and everything looked! I am truly thankful for Nicole's professionalism and her genuine interest in my special day! I would definitely recommend all brides visit The Dress by Nicole!!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Jill S

Worked with Nicole personally - so nice and it was exciting that she was the actual owner. Did not end up buying a dress from there, but would recommend it. Wish I found something, would have been nice to help out a small business owner!

The Dress by Nicole is the best!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Amanda K

Throughout all of our wedding planning my least favorite part was trying on wedding dresses. They were either way to big or way to small, or I felt like "just another bride" when going to some stores. As soon as I walked into The Dress, I felt more comfortable. The staff,... Read More including Nicole herself, made me feel at ease. They were so patient and helpful (I had no idea what style dress I wanted); I felt like I was their only priority while I was there. AND they took the time to adjust dresses so they fit- so I could truly imagine what the gown would look like on "the big day". Aside from the incredible staff, the shop is intimate and CLEAN- no pit stains or tears on the dresses like I saw at other boutiques/chain stores. I must have gone to The Dress 5 times before finally deciding on my gown and each time was equally special. Nicole and her staff also recommended a great seamstress! The Dress is the way to go! It's worth a drive if you aren't local!!

Wonderful People - Gorgeous Dresses!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Nikki L

I came to this shop based off of my MOH's local search of Dress Shops. We already had 2 other appointments set up, but I was set on having at least 3 appointments! As we walked into The Dress, there was some minor mix-up as they did not have my appointment on the books. Since... Read More my entourage was relatively small, and it was the middle of a snow storm, they were able to accommodate us still. They asked for me and my entourage to start looking through their inventory and to turn out any dresses I may want to try on. Knowing my price range, they did mention that some of their dresses were above my price range, and to make sure I checked the prices before turning them out. The last thing any of us wanted was me falling in love with a dress I couldn't afford. My consultant, Jessica, was amazing! She was extremely attentive, and helped me get into each dress asking me after each dress if I liked that one more than the one before. She made what could be a daunting process SO EASY, and Yes. I found my dress!! I didn't think I wanted a strapless dress, but that it what I ended up purchasing. Knowing that I was interested in a cap sleeve, Jessica was also able to show me what that might look like if I so chose to have that added. And I did. (It turned out AMAZING!) Once I had chosen my dress, she also put me in a cathedral length veil, and I knew THAT was also my veil. She flawlessly completed my look. While the veil was much more than I had wanted to spend, they were able to order it for me without the embellishments and it was PERFECT. Thank you to Jessica and Nicole both, who proved to be EXTREMELY helpful throughout the process. I would never have found my beloved Ellis Dress without you!!

Great Overall Experience

Reviewed on 3/10/2014 Katie B

Great selection of dress -- great customer service -- very friendly and helpful staff -- helped me find the gown of my dreams!

Great option in the Western Suburbs

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Beth R

I visited this shop at the last minute based on the recommendation of my seamstress. I was looking for some inexpensive jewelry to go with my gown. The ladies that work here are super helpful. I found what I was looking for and didn't have to pay a fortune for it. I actually... Read More said to them as I was leaving: this is the first time in 6 months that I haven't felt ripped off by the wedding business. Thank you.