Not just any dress...The Dress!

The Dress by Nicole is a bridal boutique for the discriminating bride looking for that exquisite, unique gown. Selected for elegance, beauty and high quality, we offer a wide array of special order and immediate purchase gowns and dresses. We are excited to help you find The Dress!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Private Appointments Available

131 W Wesley St, Wheaton, IL

Loved everything at The Dress by Nicole!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Meaghan V

I absolutely loved The Dress by Nicole and my whole experience at the store. I went to the store after trying on close to 60 wedding dresses elsewhere, and not finding anything I liked. I told my associate that I was extremely nervous felt like I was starting over, but she was... Read More so calm and helpful that any nervousness and anxiety I was feeling quickly disappeared. She helped me choose about 8 dresses, holding one for last, saying she knew it'd be my favorite— and it was! I walked out in the last dress and my mom and godmother both started crying. I knew it was the dress and I was so excited to finally find it. We paid for the dress that day, but they let me come back a two months later to try it on again to decide what size I should order. In the meantime, they kept me up to date on the status of my order and payment through phone calls and emails, but never were pushy or rude. Everyone at the store was exceptionally welcoming and kind, and they really gave me the best wedding dress shopping experience I could have. I even bought my veil and earrings from the same store. Thank you, Nicole, and all of your associates!

2013-08-08T09:54:05 Response from the vendor

Awww thank you for your great review! :) All the ladies at The Dress love to see our brides happy!

The perfect dress shop

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Brandi S

I bought my dress at The Dress by Nicole back in September of 2012. I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I loved the boutique style of the store and the intimacy that provided. The young girl helping me get in and out of dresses made me feel very comfortable and seemed... Read More enthusiastic about her job. Nicole was there as well to oversee the shopping and offer words of encouragement and compliments. My family and friends were with me, and they were made to feel very welcomed also. The prices of the dresses were very reasonable, and every dress fit like a dream - which made it hard to choose! I also loved that they suggested dress alterations with someone that was not associated with the store, their sales or commissions. That felt very honest and they advised me well on size choice. I did end up using the alterations specialist they had advised and she was wonderful, too. All in all, I paid $50 dollars to add a bussel and that was it! Loved The Dress by Nicole and have recommended it to all of my friends getting married, and anyone in need of a special occasion gown!

"THE" place to find The Dress

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Debbie R

I found my dress here for my March 2013 wedding and am so glad I did. The store is so cute and quaint with a great selection. The staff are very friendly, but never pushy. My dress was so amazing and very affordable for the quality I received - I can't tell you how many... Read More compliments I received about the dress. I would recommend for anyone to check out this cute shop in the search for their perfect dress!

Beautiful Boutique!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jess V

The Dress by Nicole has a beautiful selection and wonderful staff - so friendly, helpful, and professional! Highly recommend this boutique all around!

Say Yes to The Dress by Nicole!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Stephanie P

The Dress by Nicole was the second store I visited in hopes of finding the perfect dress. Not only did I find it, but I had a great experience! From my first visit, to picking up my dress after it arrived, Nicole and the rest of the staff was very friendly, even remembered my... Read More name, and knew so much about all wedding designers/colors/alterations etc. They provided a great recommendation for a seamstress who was easy to work with and put the final touches on my dream dress. My husband and groomsmen ordered their tuxes through The Dress as well and had no issues. I loved this store and would recommend to anyone!

Wonderful Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sarah M

I happened upon The Dress by Nicole in Wheaton on a whim while shopping for wedding dresses with my mom, sister, and M-I-L. I am so happy we did! We did not have an appointment, but they welcomed us in right away. The customer service is excellent, they really care about you and... Read More what you want. Not to mention the gorgeous couture gowns. David's Bridal just doesn't compare. The quality of the fabrics and beading was outstanding and the price was incredibly reasonable. My husband was blown away at our first look! I also got my cathedral length veil from The Dress by Nicole and it is gorgeous, we happened to buy it during their sidewalk sale and had 40% off! I highly recommend this salon!

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Madi T

Everyone who I worked with at The Dress by Nicole did everything they could to make my wedding dress shopping experience wonderful. They have a fun, friendly environment that made me and my guests comfortable. I found my dress on the first visit, and the sales people knew my own... Read More style better than I did. They were able to interpreted my incomplete vision to help me find the perfect dress. I did require multiple visits due to my own scheduling conflicts, and they were accommodating and understanding. They have a great selection of beautiful dresses, and accessories. It was a great experience!

I found the dress at The Dress!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Emily F

I would recommend this salon to absolutely anyone. I was nervous to dress shop because I don't have a modelesque figure, but the team at the nride was so supportive offering styling tips and knowing which designers were able to alter gowns. After my wedding I often thought "Oh I... Read More wish I would have done/had/changed this" but I never questioned my dress or where I got it. I only had to shop one day, granted a long day, but only one. I'm so grateful to The Dress for making me feel so confident and beautiful in my wedding day.

Impressive Bridal Salon

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Stacey with Dress by Nicole made it ALL possible! I found the wedding dress of my dreams that was right off of the runway. It was my 2nd visit to the boutique for the 2015 Kitty Chen Trunk party collection and I saw Roslyn in the window and actually was the 1st Bride to try it... Read More on. Let's say I tried on about 10+ bridal dresses that were all beautiful - so many choices to choose from within the boutique. I came in with one style in my head and Stacey assisted me along the way with developing into something extravagant and breath-taking. Stacey was very accommodating with my 4+ entourage and extremely personable. She and my wedding team kept telling me I would know it was it when I tried it on and we saved Kitty Chen's Roslyn dress for last. The dress fit like a glove and once it was on I was told my smile out-shined the glam on the dress itself. The accessories chosen to accent the dress was also a marvel, a beautiful 2015 Kitty Chen beaded jacket accessorized the dress to give it such an appeal. My husband, Marvin Fullard was very pleased when he saw me the day of our wedding, 08.15.15 and our guests and vendors on our BIG Day to this day still talk about how the dress was made for me for I was one of the most beautiful brides ever seen.

Latest trend, right out of the shipping box!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Janelle R

I went to The Dress because of its charm and good reputation in the Chicago Suburbs. I looked around and found such a large style selection with anything from lace to bling. I found a lot of dresses I was interested in, but didn't know if I was going to find "the one".... Read More Then I brought out a picture of a dress of Amy Kuschel that I had seen online. It was a brand new design that I was confident would be too recent to have in the stores yet. As soon as I showed the consultant the picture, she recognized it saying, "I have been waiting for that style to arrive.... but give me a second...." The consultation opened a brand new shipment that arrived that hour. Usually, she said it takes a few hours to go through the dresses, and get labels and pricing on them. But she went out of her way to dig through the shipment so I could try on my dream dress. I ended up going to a few other stores, and in the end coming back to The Dress to get my Amy Kuschel "Lennon" dress. Also, the since the dress was new, the consultant had additional questions about the sizing. In order to make sure everything was perfect, she called me a few days later to ask my preferences. I really appreciate consideration they took with all the details. They were patient and let me spend as long as I wanted in my new dress before a fitting. I would definitely recommend The Dress

Dream Dress via Sample Sale

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 AJ S

I was extremely impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of the Dress By NMicole Staff. I came in during a sample sale, they were patient and provided me with every option I could dream of! I would highly recommend using this salon for any dress or formal wear... Read More needs. I will definitely go back for any other formal gowns as they have an extensive selection of those as well.

Highly Recommend The Dress by Nicole

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Megan M

I would highly recommend The Dress by Nicole to every bride! Their shop is so cute and they have a beautiful selection of dresses.The dresses are reasonably priced given their high quality and details! The employees were so helpful, they listended to what I was looking for in a... Read More dress and helped me find options without being pushy. I had so much fun trying on the dresses and they were very accomodating to the large group I brought with me. Definitely go to The Dress by Nicole to find your perfect dress!

Great selection of Amy Kuschel Gowns

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Emily H

I purchased my wedding dress and veil at The Dress by Nicole. They have a great selection of Amy Kuschel gowns, which was one of the main reasons I chose to visit the shop. My mom and I had an appointment on a Friday morning, so we had the shop to ourselves. I worked with... Read More Jessica and she was attentive and knowledgeable. She let me browse and pick dresses I liked and then based on my selection, she pulled dresses she thought I may like but missed. After purchasing my dress, I was able to schedule an appointment for the next day to select a veil. I am so excited to wear my Amy Kuschel gown on my wedding day! Thanks to everyone at The Dress by Nicole!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Francesca D

The Dress by Nicole was amazing! After finding the Perfect Dress, I decided to custom make my veil as well. They made everything SUPER easy and even recommended a tailor (Mary) down the street who did all of my alterations- again, perfectly. Everything was taken care of at... Read More Nicole's from the moment I set my appointment to when I pick up my dress at the cleaners after it was pressed & ready. I would recommend The Dress by Nicole to anyone looking to make dress shopping a wonderful memory! They even let me come try on my dress before I got it altered just so some family members could get a glimpse. :) Overall, it wasn't just my fabulous dress it was the service and care that this boutique has that made everything so incredible for my wedding day. Everything is 1 on 1 and it's Super easy to make an appointment (which I HIGHLY recommend). They know how to make you feel special & that's what every Bride is looking for. :) Thank you again!! Francesca

The Best

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Dana G

The Dress By Nicole is by far the most welcoming bridal shop I went to, believe me I went to TONS. They were not pushy at all, didn't mind that I came back 4 times with groups of people to try on dresses and could accommodate me for an appointment any time I needed. Such great... Read More people working there and genuinely care about your happiness for your wedding day!

Definitely look for your dress here!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

The Dress by Nicole was the last bridal store I visited in shopping for my wedding dress - I had visited four or five prior. The size is deceptive - the store looks tiny but it really has a wide selection of beautiful, high-quality, reasonably priced dresses! There were at least... Read More two dresses in the store that I would have been happy to wear down the aisle - something I couldn't say of any other store I visited. Jessica is a really patient and kind sales associate, as well - I had made appointments at all the other bridal salons I visited but I didn't at Nicole's because I went in on a whim. They still accommodated me. I felt totally confident in this store's ability to deliver the dress as promised and to help me accessorize it well. I also purchased my veil, a crystal accessory belt, and earrings there to complete my look. Definitely visit The Dress by Nicole in your search for your wedding dress!

Sample Sale

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Avery L

I went to The Dress By Nicole's sample sale in September. It was the first time I was trying on gowns, which they don't recommend, but I have a good sense of what I do and don't like, so I wasn't worried about being overwhelmed. The shop is lovely, with a great selection for... Read More being so small, and the staff were friendly and helpful; they looked at my inspiration dresses, and were able to point me toward specific designers that they carried. I appreciated that they gave my mother and I space as we discussed whether I should purchase my dress or not (which I did). The Amy Kuschel gowns they carry are lovely--I'm so excited to wear mine next spring!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Susanne K

I purchased my wedding dress at The Dress by Nicole and it was such a beautiful experience. The staff is so kind, patient, and supportive. The shop itself is beautiful and calm. The selection of dresses is classic and gorgeous. They also helped me find the perfect accessories... Read More (veil and matching belt) for my dress and referred me to an amazing seamstress (Mary) who did a perfect job of completing the vision that I had for my dress.

July 4th Wedding

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Lizzy K

I loved my experience at The Dress. Everyone was always very nice and they remembered who I was every time I came in. They do not do alterations, but they recommended someone who did a fantastic job. They even gave up one of their sample belts so that my belt, which was a bit... Read More too small, could be altered to fit.

Great experience

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Deanne C

I had a great experience at The Dress by Nicole. From the moment I went in, to picking up my dress, and finding accessories, everything went smoothly and as planned. They were great!

Best Customer Service Experience

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Allison Z

I went to The Dress by Nicole with my mother and sister. Jessica (the store manager) helped us and was extremely friendly and patient and let me try on a variety of gowns. When I found a dress that I wasn't expecting to like at the Aria Trunk Show, I was thrilled and they let me... Read More try on a bunch of different accessories to go with it. We had some issues with the fit and size of the dress that I ordered and Jessica and Nicole went above and beyond to work with the manufacturer to make sure I got a dress that fit right and I felt comfortable in. I highly recommend The Dress by Nicole. I promise they will take care of you!

Mrs. P

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Rebecca A

I had a wonderful experience at The Dress by Nicole. My consultant listened to what I wanted and let me dictate the appointment. She was honest and made me feel comfortable This was my first stop trying on dresses and I ended up with the third one I tried on. My sister also got... Read More her wedding dress from The Dress by Nicole, again first stop, third dress. Both dresses were completely different but gorgeous. I could not have asked for a better experience. It was not overwhelming as they only have a few appointments at a time and I was given the attention needed to let me make my decision. Wonderful boutique! Wonderful service!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Mary Cate W

Nicole and Jessica (and I'm sure the rest of the staff) are absolutely a delight to work with! I went to DBN because my friend had found her dress there, and she had gone because another friend had as well! I had a fantastic time trying on dresses at the sample sale, and wound... Read More up choosing the 2nd one I had put on. Nicole has a great eye and picks fantastic high-quality dresses. I used their recommended seamstress, who was also wonderful. When it came time to choose tuxes, I went back to DBN! Once again, Jessica and Nicole were extremely helpful, and everything came together perfectly. I absolutely loved working with DBN for my dress and tuxes!!

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Annika C

I absolutely loved my experience there. It was actually my first stop of the day and it was by far the best. They were personable, knowledgable and best-of-all not pushy! I ended up returning a week after my initial appointment to purchase my dress. It felt great to not feel... Read More hounded like I did from other stores. Nicole actually responds to you directly and they provide a cute gift bag when you buy from them. They also had a GREAT recommendation for a tailor (Mary Burlingame) out in the burbs. She was also phenomenal! Finally, they actually dropped off my dress for me to the tailors when it came in for free so that I wouldn't have to bring it over. Great experience and I would highly recommend them!

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Shannon O

I found my dress at The Dress by Nicole and I couldn't have been happier! At first I didn't think it was something I would have fallen in love with but I did! I got so many compliments and felt beautiful! Thank you DBN!