The Empire Club

Little Ferry, NJ

We know perfect weddings by heart, offering one wedding at a time, large cocktail hour room, ballroom, and a beautifully manicured garden perfect for outdoor ceremonies and pictures. The award-winning cuisine and impeccable service are sure to make your wedding absolutely perfect.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

136 Mehrhof Road, Little Ferry, NJ

Have Your Wedding Reception Here!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Jenna

The Empire Club was the first of about a dozen venues my husband and I checked out for our wedding reception. No other place made us feel as welcome as The Empire Club did from the minute we first sat down with Chris. You will not get a better price for amount of delicious... Read More food (and open bar)!! Guests raved at the amount of food and how great it was from the Cocktail Hour at the beginning to the Viennese Hour at the end of the reception. The day of our wedding, due to unforeseen circumstances, we got an hour late start on our ceremony (not at The Empire Club). Chris and the rest of the team at The Empire Club graciously accommodated us with no problems, including extending the cocktail hour and shortening the length of our reception so that we could get our pictures in before sunset. Then, during the reception, there was someone always at hand to make sure my husband and I had everything we needed. Staff did a wonderful job making our wedding look beautiful and quickly waiting on our guests. I would not hesitate to hold another event at The Empire Club or recommend this venue to anybody.

A Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 4/12/2013 Allison C

If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, look no further than The Empire Club. Set in a residential area in Little Ferry, The Empire Club is easily accessible from Route 46 and Route 17 and is a straight drive from the George Washington Bridge. The owners,... Read More brothers Chris and Arthur, are warm, inviting and professional. It didn't matter what "crisis" came up, they both assured me everything would be fine, and it was. Even when the weather was not cooperating with outdoor pictures, they set up an area inside to accommodate our formal pictures. Choosing to have a continuous cocktail reception was the best thing we could have done for our guests. There was never ending food from the actual cocktail hour with passed butler hors d'oeuvres to the reception food with over six stations of various culinary delights to the Venetian hour with endless desserts. The quality and taste of the food could not have been better if it was cooked in my own kitchen. Since my husband and I didn’t get a chance to really eat all the glorious food at our own wedding, Chris packed some up for us so we could enjoy it later. The professionalism of Arthur and Chris is echoed in their staff. From the waiters, waitress, to the bartenders and the valets, everyone was excellent. We were so happy with The Empire Club, I encouraged the school I teach in to book it for their prom.

Our Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 2/20/2013 Carlos L

THERE IS NOTHING I CAN SAY BUT GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE EMPIRE CLUB! MY WIFE AND I WERE GETTING READY TO PUT A DOWN PAYMENT ON ANOTHER PLACE WHEN A FRIEND STOPPED BY AND SAID "WAIT! LET ME SHOW YOU THE EMPIRE CLUB!" IT MUST HAVE BEEN GOD SENT BECAUSE THE EMPIRE CLUB TRULY MADE OUR... Read More WEDDING EXACTLY WHAT WE HAD DREAMED OF. THEIR MANAGEMENT STAFF IS AMAZING! CHRIS YOU ARE THE BEST! THE VENUE IS BEAUTIFUL..FOOD! AMAZING...ALL OF OUR GUEST LEFT MORE THAN FULL! IF YOU'RE HAVING A GARDEN WEDDING IN JULY 6:30PM IS IDEAL AS THE SHADE COOLS DOWN EVERYTHING! IF YOU'RE A COUPLE ON A BUDGET WHICH MOST OF US ARE! THIS PLACE IS PERFECT!!!! THE PRICE IS AMAZINGLY CHEAP FOR THE QUALITY OF SERVICES, FOOD AND DECOR! TRUST ME, YOUR GUEST WILL THINK YOU PAID OVER 20k WHEN IN FACT YOU'VE PAID MUCH MUCH LESS! MR & MRS LOPEZ

Great Service!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Jessica D

One of the biggest pluses for us choosing this venue was the fact we had the place to ourselves. The service was excellent kept me at ease the entire time. Food was excellent. Definitely will recommend. Thank you Chris for all your help and amazing service. Only thing I... Read More would say the first impression was not great. When I called the person who answered the phone was rude and when we met a few times the first person we spoke to promised us things and when we signed the contract they said it was an added cost however they did not charge us for it after we had to show them the sheet showing no charge. Just make sure everything is clearly noted and you know exactly all the charges. Other than that, thank you for making our day special and memorable!!

Exceptional!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Christine S

After having attended many events at the empire club we decided to choose them as our wedding venue. I am so happy with our decision. From the beginning they made our entire experience perfect. Planning our wedding was simple with the help of Chris and the entire staff. Out... Read More guests truly enjoyed the food and are still talking about it. Everything was perfect and I would definitely recommend the empire club!

Look no Further!!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Angel G

Don’t think twice! Highly Recommended!! The Empire Club made our wedding perfect! Before the wedding day, we sat with Chris who went over all of the details leading up to the day of. The planning was smooth and communication was always prompt. The day of, our Maitre-d,... Read More Chris was very attentive to my husband and I as well as our guest giving direction. Lucy the Captain was also incredible, very accommodating making sure I had what I needed. Everything went seamlessly and my husband and I are so happy we chose The Empire Club. The service they provided was out of this world, indescribable and 5stars across the board. The staff was professionally attired and well-mannered. The price was unbeatable for the open bar and amount of food which taste phenomenal. They even included a fire show for our guests. As a side note I strongly recommend considering the Viennese hour, the guests were all happy, and enjoying the food and atmosphere which made me very happy and proud of our decision. I honestly cannot say enough good things about The Empire Club. I would get married there again in a heartbeat

Empire Club = affordable & elegant

Reviewed on 6/22/2013 Mine D

My only complaint is that the venue wasn't willing to bring out more chairs/tables if we had more guests show up. We were willing to pay the difference at the end of the night but they didn't agree to that either. Other than that the Empire Club is an excellent venue if you are... Read More budget-conscious but still want an elegant venue. The food was delicious too.

Fantastic as always!!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Shannon I

After having other parties at the Empire Club and knowing how good their food and serive was, they were quickly added to our list of possible venues for our wedding. THe offered us a comparable package to all the other places we spoke to at a great price and the entire building... Read More to ourselves for our wedding. All those helped us choose them for our venue. The day of the wedding, the staff went above and beyond accomodating us. The amount of food during cocktail hour was unimaginable. Our guests couldnt believe there was a sit down meal afterwards. The staff constantly checked in with my husband and I to make sure we were doing ok and check if we needed anything. I had a ton of little touches that I requested be done/ set up for the reception and the staff had everything ready exactly as I wanted it for the start of the reception. As always, all the food was fantastic and the venetian hour was filled with so many wonderful desserts. With the exception of the bartendars giving some guests a problem about ordering shots, we have absolutely no complaints about this place. This is the third time my family has used The Empire Club for events and I'm sure it wont be the last.

Awesome Venue

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Chioma A

This place was so beautiful, very affordable and had great tasting meals. Arthur and Chris are the owners of this hall and they worked with us throughout our planning process and made the preparations very easy for hubby and I. On the day of the wedding, even though we were... Read More about 1 hour late from the church, Donald our Maitre'D and Chris our captain moved the reception along very smoothly. And we didn't miss a beat. They even offered to wrap up our meals when they realized that hubby and I were not able to eat during the reception. Our wedding was a success because of these four gentlemen. Thanks guys!!!

Too Many Miscommunications

Reviewed on 8/10/2012 Tiffany M

We booked out venue almost two years in advance. Through the entirety of the planning, we worked with one person. The night of the rehearsal and the night of the wedding, he was not there. We had to work with new people we'd never met. They have no idea what was going on... Read More (i.e. they didn't know we were scheduled for a rehearsal, dinner and to set up for the wedding). The people we worked with were rude and offensive to my family, my pastors and those who helped me with everything. We were very unhappy with all of the last minute problems due to miscommunication between their staff members.

My wedding at the EC

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Nathalie S

They do all the work for you to make sure your day is perfect. Best of all they have an awesome price, and the food is great.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/02/2012 Jamie A

Everyone at The Empire Club was amazing! Chris helped me with every question I had through the whole process. While my husband and I were looking for a venue, Chris from The Empire Club was the only one to congratulate us on our engagement. He made us feel like we could relax... Read More and he did not treat us like we were just "another customer". The food was amazing and Don made sure that everything on our day went smoothly! My husband and I could not have been happier about having our wedding at The Empire Club! It was the perfect choice!

Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 5/02/2012 Renata L

We chose this venue for our 4-21-12 wedding. The very first vendor I secured was the reception venue. I searched high & low to find a place that was reasonably priced and would accommodate our smaller guest list. Several years ago my cousin and a different friend were married... Read More here, so I thought I’d check them out. I’m so glad I did! The venue was renovated only a few years ago, so the décor is much more modern. The cocktail room is pretty basic and a decent size. The garden was the perfect place for our family photos. The main ballroom was just wonderful. The décor is neutral enough to go with many different styles. The dance floor is large and there is plenty of room for tables. The chandeliers and sconces added a wonderful touch. I loved that the room came equipped with uplighting that was free. I met with Chris several times who was very kind and accommodating to my long list of questions. I liked that they didn’t have any hidden fees such as extra gratuity, cake cutting fee, cork fee…etc. We were able to work out a price that fit our budget by choosing April, limiting alcohol to beer/wine and paying in cash. We were allowed to bring in our own cupcakes and were discounted the price of the cake. I was very concerned about the food since tastings aren’t done until about 2 weeks before your wedding and I am vegan. I certainly didn’t want dry/boring food. Chris and the chef were very kind and offered me a special tasting in order to accommodate my vegan requests. All of the food was fantastic and the 4 of us left stuffed. Our last meeting discussed every last detail from napkin colors to table numbers. The Maitre’D had it all under control along with my DOC and the Captain who served us was a doll. Overall, the event went beautifully. My only demerit would be regarding the bar. During our last meeting, I clearly stated that I did NOT want a cash bar. We chose to limit the alcohol for reasons other than monetary. Although Chris stated that guests may complain (which they did), he agreed to respect my wishes by placing a mobile bar in the other event if necessary. Several days later, I find out that there was a cash bar. After contacting the venue, Chris explained that the other event in the smaller cocktail room wanted to have a cash bar. Since they were too over packed, they could not fit a mobile bar in their room as I was promised. So, the cash bar was set up on their side of the bar in the hallway. Of course, my guests had no way of knowing that wasn’t for them and went there anyway. I was terribly embarrassed and felt slighted. There is nothing I can do about it now. I understand that the venue felt this was their only option, but I do wish that my wishes had been respected and that I had been notified (even if it was after the fact). If it wasn’t for that, it would have been perfect.

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 11/27/2011 Lori L

The service here was wonderful, from start to finish I was taken care of well beyond my expectations. The food was wonderful and plentyful. Guest still 3 weeks later are talking about how tasteful the food was. The cocktail hour alone could feed and army. The entire staff... Read More went out of their way to assure my guest and my husband and I were taken care of. they went out of their way to puree food for my brother and did a fantastic job with his meal. The desert is beyond anything I have ever seen, and the international coffee station is amazing. All my guest were pleased as was my husband and I. Would definately recommend if you are looking for top of the line food and outstadning service

Neutral

Reviewed on 9/05/2011 Erica P

They never brought out some items from our menu, such as beef wellington. They ran out of leg of lamb. And they put alcohol in our toast glasses when they were specifically informed that I was pregnant and my husband is allergic.

Amazing staff, amazing food, amazing experience !!

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Farah A

Our experience at the Empire club was an amazing one!! When we first began to plan our wedding we realized we had a very small budget and we thought we probably would not have great food at our reception, however we found the empire club and Chris and Donald were true gentlemen... Read More and extremely helpful ( as well as the entire staff). The food on the day of our wedding was outstanding...everyone at the wedding complimented it. We highly recommend The Empire Club for your next event! you will not regret it!! Farah & John

The Empire Club!

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Cindy O

My fiance n I had been looking for a place to book for r wedding for a while n no other place made us feel more comfortable then The Empire Club, the place is beautiful we fell in luv instantly. Christos was very pleasant to work with very understanding n honest. The prices r... Read More amazing with everything dat they offer u cant go wrong, we booked r wedding date for August 12, 2012 n we cannot wait! Im sure dat they will keep their word n make dat day very especial n amazing! Thank u so much for all the help Christos.

The Empire Club

Reviewed on 6/21/2011 Iliana G

We only had 2 months to book a place and plan a wedding for 70 guests. The Empire Club happened to have an opening and their rates were the best we can find. Our wedding planner was amazed by the prices and asked us to make sure they were correct. Arthur (owner) was very... Read More welcoming and easy to work with. The food was delicious! The venue is clean and our matrie'd Don (I can't remember his name) took care of us and even gave us food to go. He made sure we both ate our dinners and was on top of it all. Our wedding planner says they were a pleasure to work with and let her take control, unlike other places that don't like to deal with wedding planners. I would definitely recommend The Empire Club to a friend and I can see myself doing another event with them in the future. Thank you for making it a stress free day!

TO The Empire Club