The End Dessert Company

Organic

Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Boston, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and the surrounding area (614) 805-3585

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Daren

We chose The End Dessert Company to create our wedding cake last year. When we met with her to place our cake order, she said she offered a service of providing a small cake for our anniversary, in lieu of freezing part of our actual wedding cake. I thought this was a neat idea... Read More and it was a key-selling point for us. We didn't freeze any of our wedding cake, opting for this new tradition. So, nearing our one year anniversary, I was excited about the small anniversary cake to celebrate with. I emailed The End Dessert Company about it and received an auto-reply that she had moved to Boston. I then messaged the company on Facebook to enquire more about the service that was promised and paid for. She told me to just go buy a cake from somewhere else locally and nobody eats their frozen wedding cake anyways. She proceeded to be very rude and called me entitled for inquiring about a service i paid for. This is a business that offered and promised a service as part of the $600 wedding cake i purchased and they failed to follow through on that in any kind of way. This is a very unprofessional business. I understand they moved to another state, but that doesn't mean that all previous business obligations are null and void. And when a customer actually follows up about part of the service they paid you to provide, you don't call them entitled. As to our ACTUAL wedding cake, I don't feel like we got any part of what we paid for. Another reason we chose this cake vendor was because they offered interesting flavor combinations. We chose a Strawberry cake with Strawberry filling for the top tier, vanilla milk cake with raspberry filling for the middle tier and chocolate cake with salted caramel filling for the final tier. ONLY the top tier, the one the bride and groom cut into, had any of the specialty flavors in them. The other 2 tiers were just plain white and chocolate cake. No fancy fillings. Nothing we ordered. I'm sure she wouldn't think we'd notice something like that, but we did. She also tried to leave the venue before putting our custom cake topper on the cake. My husband had to ask her to do this. She then emailed later on asking me to leave her a positive review to win some award on the Knot. I didn't leave a positive review then, because my experience with the actual wedding cake was not positive. I chose not to say anything at all. But after she failed to follow through on the rest of the service, I had to say something. This company is extremely unprofessional, not timely in communication throughout the entire process, did not follow through on what we actually ordered and did not follow through with the service afterwards. She didn't seem to care about our cake at all or our experience. I would not recommend The End Dessert Company to any Bride or Groom.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Husband here! Our cake was AMAZING!!!! Aug 8 will be a day my wife and I will never forget thanks in part to Sarah's DELICIOUS cake. The wife smeared the cake on my face during our cutting of the cake and we were both like----"wow this is amazing." We weren't even expecting it!... Read More Guests loved it too. Thank you Sarah!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Sarah is a professional and impressive from the very first meeting. We were able to present our ideas about the wedding cake and she combined all of these and created a sketch that was worthy of a frame itself! Our taste-test was amazing and we were in love with the organic... Read More ingredients from the very first bite. The cake was just what my daughter wanted and impressed all of our guests. I highly recommend The End Dessert Company!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ally M

We are so lucky to have gotten the chance to work with Sarah before her move to Boston! The cake was delicious and so special-just what we were looking for. We were able to create our own favors even! Beautiful, Sarah, thank you.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Danny N

Oh my!! This is the ONLY place to get your wedding cake. Sarah was amazing to work with, custom created our design and met every request we made. The cake was stunning, exactly what we wanted!!! Everyone was commenting on how beautiful it was and were very curious as to how the... Read More ruffles were made. Thank you for everything!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Cassandra C

I met Sarah at a bridal show and was instantly impressed with her work. I had a very unique design I wanted which was a mix of Kate Spade and Lilly Pulitzer inspiration. Sarah helped me design the cake and hand painted several layers or it for a beautiful effect the day of. The... Read More cake was gorgeous and so yummy!! Thank you, Sarah!!

Unique, Beautiful, and Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Jennie H

We had a great experience with Sarah from The End Dessert Company. We had a consultation early on where she allowed myself as well as my mom and sister to try multiple full-sized cupcakes, and spoke with us for quite awhile about my vision for the cake so that she could do her... Read More absolute best making my vision come to life. Sarah allowed us to keep up communication with her as often as we liked, and we were able to choose the date and pick-up time for when we wanted to try cake flavors. She allowed us to try as many flavors as we wanted, and offered helpful suggestions in deciding flavor pairings. Sarah delivered the cake to our reception venue herself the day of, ensuring that the cake arrived safely in her specially designed cake transporting vehicle. We received so many compliments on how sweet the cake looked and how great it tasted. And though my husband and I only got to taste it the day of when we fed it to each other after cutting the cake together, we were confident that the cake was incredible. We would absolutely recommend this vendor to others looking for delicious, beautiful cakes made with all natural products and fine attention to detail.

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Pooja M

The cake was beautiful and very reasonably priced.

Beautiful and delicious wedding cakes!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Ellena K

Sarah was highly recommended by my coworker who constantly raved about her cake. So naturally I booked an appointment to try these cakes during my wedding planning. I had also scheduled several appointments with other cake vendors but after we met with Sarah on our very first... Read More cake tasting, we knew we didn't have to look any further. Sarah is truly talented in what she does. Our wedding cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious- all of our guests raved about the cakes. We had decided to go with 2 flavors- 1 traditional and the other a custom flavor, honey cake with fig jam and goat cheese buttercream. IT WAS SOOO GOOOOD!! She also provides a free anniversary cake so you don't have to freeze your top cake tier...but to be honest, I don't know how anyone would be able to avoid eating her entire cake before it makes it to the freezer... Try the cakes from The End Dessert Company!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Sophia D

You need to look no further than The End Dessert Company! Sarah’s cakes are beyond amazing! As a bride, some of the most important factors when selecting a cake (aside from taste, overall look, and design) were selecting a company that I could rely on, was quick to reply, and... Read More had competitive pricing. Sarah hit the nail on the head with everything. Not only are her cakes delicious, she’ll work with you to find just the perfect combination of flavors to make your special day memorable. She’s incredibly talented and only uses the best of ingredients. For example, we actually had a cake tasting party as part of our engagement party. Our engagement party consisted of about 60 of our closest friends and family members. We had three different cake flavors that we were considering, and had Sarah make those three cakes for our event. Each flavor was so delicious that we ended up with a three way tie!!  I cannot express enough good about Sarah, not only a wonderful cake baker and designer, but from a professional standpoint, she’s amazing. I’d highly recommend her for any event, and look forward to working with her in the future occasions and celebrations.

Beautiful and Delicious!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Tiffany P

The cake was a huge hit at our wedding! It was absolutely beautiful and it tasted just as good as it looked! Sarah did a superb job in working with us to get the design of the cake to look perfect! She will also make you a one year anniversary cake! I would definitely use... Read More The End Dessert Company again!

2015-01-06T15:08:25 Response from the vendor

Tiffany, Thank you for the thoughtful revie. It was a pleasure to work with both of you, and thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. Best regards, Sarah Gillespie

The Ultimate Professional

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Kayla M

Sarah is wonderful to work with. She is incredible at what she does and will truly make your wedding cake an artistic masterpiece for all to enjoy. There are several cake flavors to choose from and all are delicious! The best part about working with Sarah is that she has ideas.... Read More She will sit down with you and actually draw out your cake design to your liking. You will be happy you chose her as your wedding day baker. The only regret I have is that my husband and I were not able to take any cake home to enjoy after the wedding but that was our venue's fault and not Sarah's.

Best Wedding Cake Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Susan L

We were planning on having a family member make our cake but things fell through. We met Sarah at a bridal show and tried her cake. It was different than any other cake I had ever tasted. It was dense and full of flavor. We did taste cake from another place and every single one... Read More tasted the same (cake mix and flavoring). Each one we tried from Sarah had a unique taste (we ended up with Milk and Honey!). She did a perfect job matching the photo I had given her for inspiration. The best part was that she was able to take my wedding cake order on short notice!

Thanks, The End!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Allison S

The cake was AMAZING! We had so many compliments on the cake and I couldn't be happier. It was a pleasure working with you!

Amazing Cakes

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Kristina N

The cakes have amazing flavor and texture. Of all the Cake companies I checked out, this one actually ended up being one of the cheapest, but the quality was through the roof. I even had edible glitter on the cake!!! Who does that!?!

Beautiful & Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Laurel B

We could not have been happier with our choice of cake vendor for our wedding! I had a very specific cake envisioned for my wedding to go along with the mossy theme. We had only consulted with one other cake vendor prior to meeting with Sara, but after our consultation with her,... Read More our choice was apparent. The cake was absolutely AMAZING! I have never tasted cake like this before, and it may make eating any other cake in the future a little difficult. We chose 3 flavors for our cake tiers: peanut butter/peanut butter buttercream, dark chocolate/mint buttercream, and vanilla bean/vanilla bean buttercream. They were all fantastic! I appreciated how Sarah treats her cakes like a piece of artwork, and she almost seemed excited at the challenge of creating our cake. Her professionalism impressed me, and I felt that I could completely trust her to create a beautiful, quality cake and delivery it in a timely fashion. This was truly invaluable to me in the midst of all the wedding planning and organizing! The cake was definitely a showpiece at the reception..absolutely perfect!

Looked gorgeous, tasted amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

Not only did our cake look absolutely gorgeous, but it tasted amazing! No preservatives, no additives, made lovingly by Sarah Gillespie, owner of The End Dessert Company. We can't recommend her highly enough. It was beyond our expectations!!! Can't wait for an occasion for... Read More another cake!

Couldn't be Happier with The End!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

We came in from out of town to meet with three different cake vendors for our wedding and nothing compared to the cakes and quality at The End Dessert Company. The whole experience was the best part of planning our wedding and we couldn't be happier. Delicious and so beautiful!... Read More If you are getting married in Columbus, The End is the only choice to consider. Thanks Sarah!

Amazing cake

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Casey S

By far one of the best vendors we have worked with for our wedding. Sarah listened to every detail we wanted and found a way to make our cake one of the most talked about things at the wedding. All the guests loved the flavors. We have had such a wonderful experience with The... Read More End Dessert Company. We highly recommend working with this company!

Spectacular!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Catherine S

The End Dessert Co. made such a spectacular wedding cake for my husband and I! It was delicious and beautiful! I loved that she doesn't use fondant-she uses rolled buttercream:) This definitely makes for a tastier cake! Service was very professional and she ensures that each... Read More cake is personalized towards the couple's desires. I am SO happy with how our cake turned out and so were all of our guests! End Dessert Company is the way to go!

Loved the cake!

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Nathalie D

We just got back from my honeymoon, and had to write a review to let everyone know how much we loved the cake! It was so beautiful and delicious, and we got so many compliments on it. It was the perfect fit in our southern style wedding. Thanks again, The End. We will definitely... Read More recommend you to our friends!

Beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Marisa M

Sarah is amazingly talented and great to work with! We first met her at a bridal show and immediately book an appointment. Not only do her cakes look good but they taste amazing! She worked with us to create the perfect cake for us. We chose to have a simple and elegant cake... Read More that incorporated hand piped lace to match my dress and fresh flowers from my florist. It was beautiful! I also surprised my husband with a groom's cake at our rehearsal dinner. It included all of his favorite things (whiskey and football) and even had a mini figurine of our dog. He loved it! Thank you for helping to make our wedding cake so special and delicious!

Amazing and delicious!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Katie W

The End Dessert Company did an amazing job on our wedding cake. I have an egg allergy and she was the only vendor that agreed to make my fiancé and I our very own egg-free cake on the side. The wedding cake was so beautiful and it looked just like what I had envisioned. We... Read More received a ton of compliments on how beautiful the cake looked and how amazing it tasted. Sarah, the owner, uses all organic ingredients and you can tell she takes pride in her work. The cake was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for anything more! I would recommend her for any baking needs :)

Super delicious cake in many flavors

Reviewed on 5/10/2014 Meredith R

My husband and I met Sarah Gillespie of The End Dessert Company at a bridal show, and as soon as we tasted her cake, we knew that we didn't want anyone else. The icing is light and fluffy buttercream, and the cake is moist and rich. I love the clean look of fondant icing but... Read More hate the taste, so The End offered us rolled buttercream instead, which gave the cake the flat/smooth look I liked, but actually tasted good. They were also cool with us ordering tiers in multiple flavors, which was a must for me, as their almond, caramel apple and honeybee cakes were to die for. Sarah told us at the bridal shower that she only books one wedding a week since she does everything herself, in order to ensure that she can produce quality cake in a timely fashion, so if you're interested in booking her, do it well in advance. Something else to keep in mind is that because the ingredients are all-natural, the cake does tend to get stale the next day, so don't order way more cake than you think you'll need. If you do end up with leftover cake, it was pretty good after it had been microwaved for about 20 seconds. Also, in place of eating nasty year-old freezer cake on our one year anniversary, The End Dessert Company offered to make us a small, fresh anniversary tier next year, which we will definitely remember to order!

Amazing cake

Reviewed on 4/19/2014 Rebecca F

Sarah was a delight to work with, making a wonderful cake that both looked and tasted amazing, using local and organic ingredients. Would definitely recommend!