The Engine Room at Monroe Cotton Mills

Monroe, GA

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

A Premier Wedding Venue!

The Engine Room at Monroe Cotton Mills is a unique wedding venue located in historic downtown Monroe, GA. The Engine Room offers historical elegance with modern convenience and is a perfect space for your wedding! The Engine Room provides tours anytime by appointment. Please call (877)305-6455.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Wheelchair Accessible

Style

Loft/Raw Space, Mansion/Historic Site

601 S. Madison Avenue, Ste 150, Monroe, GA

Exquisite! Absolutely Perfect for Ceremony and Reception!

Reviewed on 3/19/2014

The Engine Room is a phenomenal venue, especially if you like the look of exposed brick and hardwood floors! The walls have the original paint of the cotton mill, creating a beautiful backdrop for my pictures (both for the ceremony and reception!) They also have a huge, industrial-sized kitchen (you're caterers will thank you!) and beautiful bathrooms for guests - all in keeping with the industrial mill look! The bridal suite downstairs is roomy and perfect for getting ready (for myself and all 14 of my bridesmaids!). I love the way they decorated the bridal suite and bathrooms - they did not skip any details! There is also a huge lawn outside (where we did the cocktail hour) and plenty of parking right across the street. The owner, Paul Rosenthal, is a pleasure to work with, and he went out of his way to make sure my wedding was exactly what I had envisioned! I definitely recommend this venue to any bride who wants a unique and fabulously exquisite wedding day! Mine sure was!

The Engine Room is ONE OF A KIND!

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Holly D

This venue was rather new when I discovered it - not a lot of pictures or reviews online. I'll admit, I was skeptical. I had my heart set on another location, but I thought I'd give it a look anyways. I was a little weary at first, but man, this place simply blew me away. In the evening, the space and grounds are absolutely stunning! The owner, house managers, and staff are more than helpful, and truly made our experience both pleasurable and fun! Our family and friends are still raving about how gorgeous the space was. Since The Engine Room did not charge us per chair, which so many venues do, so that was such a time and money saver! We looked at a dozen or more venues from Athens to Atlanta, and this is not only one of the more gorgeous places , but it was also a STEAL. For everything they provide and/or allow, the price was astonishing! I would recommend this venue to every couple looking for a beautiful bargain!

Lovely venue for a lovely day.

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Becca D

When my then-fiance stepped inside The Engine Room he took a deep gasp in and said "oh yes, this is the place." He loved it, I loved it. We had visited a similar venue that we loved, but it had a very horrible price. This venue is much more reasonably priced and just as gorgeous! It also comes with an accommodating team (Ceasar and Michelle) and an assortment of antique / rustic type props that can be used (or rented to be used) on site. The inside main room is huge and flexible with lots of natural character. The walls and flooring are made of dark brown wood and assorted color bricks. It doesn't require much decoration inside outside the table tops because there's so much personality there already. The Bridal Suite is secluded and adorably decorated. We had a great experience and seamless wedding day.

Southern Charm

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Tori P

This venue offers a unique elegance that I have found no where else. There is rustic charm located in every nook and cranny of this place. A nice catering kitchen, beautiful bridal suite, and plenty of room for having the ceremony and the reception. Beautiful scenery for taking pictures.

June wedding!

Reviewed on 8/06/2014

We had our wedding on June 27th at The Engine Room and it was so magical. It was literally exactly of what I imagined in my head what our wedding would look like. The beauty of the building, from the walls to the floors to the industrial lighting. It was the open space, ware-house venue we were looking for. We loved that you could bring outside vendors in, which helped our budget because nearly every venue we looked at required you to use their catering/florals/ etc. Which cost an arm and a leg! We were so grateful we were able to bring in our own choices. The gorgeous kitchen was an amazing space for the caterers. There was a loading ramp as well which was great help for the caterer, florist and other vendors. It is very "vendor-friendly"! So that made it an all around great experience for everyone. The chairs provided are BEAUTIFUL chivari chairs which made it feel so nice and not just your typical folding chairs. They looked amazing. They also hung white, sheer curtains as the ceremony back-drop and I was in LOVE with them. It added so much. It ended up raining on our wedding day, and while I was a little bummed the large windows made it the most dreamy wedding ceremony with the rain falling down. It was so perfect. There was a bridal suite down below where the girls were able to hang out before the ceremony, which was really nice to have. Although, a down would be there is no-where for the groom & groomsmen. But I think they are in the process of creating a space for that possibly! We used the space for ceremony + reception so we had to have a flip. One negative thing I have to say about this, is that the venue offers no help to do this and we had to assemble our own team to do the entire flip. It was very frustrating to find that out, and added more stress to have other people do it. While I have been in other weddings, and their venue includes so much help from the staff for no extra charges. The space was amazing, with SO much room for dancing, relaxing, and eating. We had over 260 guests so that tells you how large this space is. Over all it was everything my husband & I dreamed of having! We were grateful it worked out for us to have a summer wedding there with the availability! We loved The Engine Room and absolutely recommend it.

TO The Engine Room at Monroe Cotton Mills