The English Manor

Ocean Township, NJ

Book Your Wedding with The English Manor

A BALLROOM IN OCEAN TOWNSHIP, NJ

Secluded Outdoor Terrace. The well-manicured outdoor terrace leads to the estate's gazebo. Couples can hold their ceremony and cocktail hour outside, before heading inside to the grand ballroom for their reception.

Indoor Garden Room. Overlooking the beautiful wooded grounds, the Indoor Garden Room brings the beauty of nature inside. A perfect location for your indoor cocktail hour!

Events at the English Manor can provide as much or as little detail as you need for your wedding. All wedding reception packages at the English Manor come with several standard options:

• Maitre’d Services
  • Champagne toast
  • Bottled wine service
  • Beautiful silk centerpieces for each guest table
  • All crisp ivory linens and a choice of colored cloth napkins
  • Five-hour wedding package (one-hour cocktail and four-hour ballroom reception)
  • Five-hour Premium Brand open bar

Each wedding includes an exclusive ceremony package with:

• Complete access to the luxury Bridal Suite and Groom's Room
  • Private garden area with a gazebo as the backdrop to your ceremony
  • Full set-up and removal of ceremony chairs
  • Half-hour ceremony service, separate from the allotted reception rental time
  • Rehearsal time

For the cocktail hour, the staff will set-up a Celebration Table with butlered hors d'oeuvres, beverages and a champagne toast.

During the winter and early spring, the English Manor offers an inclusive five-hour wedding package. Although it will be too cold to enjoy all that this property offers outside, the spacious Indoor Garden Room provides a fantastic escape from the cold, damp winter. This exclusive cold-weather package includes centerpieces, linens, a Maitre'D service, an all-inclusive menu package, four hours of music from the Elite Entertainment DJ Company and a photography package with Elite Digital Images. The price doesn't include the ceremony. An additional charge per person plus tax and gratuity is charged for an extra half-hour ceremony. A flat fee is available for parties of more than 150.

This wedding venue offers exclusive, gourmet dining. Each package gives couples the choice of a sit-down reception with a full wait staff and choice of several entrees or attended stations. Entree selections depend on the package. All packages conclude with a dessert and choice of coffee, tea, decaf, espresso and the After Dinner Cordial Cart.

All packages include an 18 percent tax and gratuity. No smoking is permitted inside the facility.

The staff at the English Manor want your wedding to be unique which is why they never book more than one event at their venue at once. When a couple reserves a date and time, it's only about them.

• Signature drinks for all guests over 21
  • Custom, tiered wedding cake (Couples provide the cake topper)
  • Direction cards, place cards and menu cards for all guests
  • A Welcome and Goodbye Station to personalize the couple and guests' wedding experience

One love... One moment... One wedding at a time...

A total package Wedding Facility. We are more than just your typical Wedding Hall. The EM is a place where you can celebrate the most important day of your life, surrounded by friends and family as you enjoy the ambiance of an enchanting ballroom, superb cuisine, and the most friendly service.

Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Garden, Mansion + Estate

1 English Ln, Ocean Township, NJ (732) 776-8558
PINTEREST

What an amazing team!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Stephani J

It was only our first day of looking for venue's and every other place was okay, but nothing was extra special to us. Then we pulled up to the English Manor and thought, well this is beautiful. Next thing we knew, Kristi was telling us that they would hold a date for us for 1... Read More week so we could think about it and I was already asking what time they were open until that day so I could call and commit to it. The customer service that we received from each employee was excellent, especially from Kristi and Denise! The day of our wedding, we had some last minute changes to the ceremony, thanks to the rain, and they waited as long as they could before they had to call it and were able to setup the indoor ceremony so quickly and efficiently, even the guests were amazed. Every single step along the way was explained to us and really made us feel comfortable with everything that was going on. The food was absolutely amazing and every single person raved about it. People still come up to me and talk about the food! We had a family friend make our cake and they were so accommodating with her dropping off the cake when was most convenient to her,even though they had 4 weddings that weekend! The entire night we didn't have to worry about anything being taken care of, we knew everything would go smoothly and it really did. We had the most amazing time at our wedding and could not have asked for a better venue/staff to work with. Thank you all for all of your hardwork and dedication. It truly meant the world to us.

The English Manor

Reviewed on 12/29/2014

The English Manor gave me the wedding I have always dreamed about. The staff is friendly and caters to your every need. They made my planning process very simple. The ballroom was absolutely gorgeous and the food was out of this world. (Cocktail hour hours devours and... Read More stations were my favorite part!) The grounds are beautiful for photos. I loved everything about the English Manor!!!

Magic the whole day!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Shannon M

WOW! I can't even express our full gratitude here but I will try. The English Manor really made our wedding fantastic and perfect. Lisa and the whole team made it very clear that their goal and purpose was to make the whole day exactly what we wanted. The preparation and care... Read More that Lisa took in the days before the wedding really showed. She helped the whole day run so smoothly that we felt present during every point of the wedding. I had nothing I was worried about because they were one step ahead. They made sure the grandparents were where they had to be (with mobility issues); they made sure my husband and I ate; they were at my side the moment I got a questioning look on my face; and they helped load the car at the end of the night. I really cannot say enough about the service. We were treated like royalty and I am so so grateful. The venue itself is exactly what we wanted. It is elegant yet homey. Since there is only one wedding at a time you really feel at home there. They set up the living room for a personal touch. We were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather and used the black gazebo for our ceremony (perfect) and had a spectacular outdoor cocktail hour (perfect). During our reception with 150 people and a photobooth there was plenty of room to walk between the tables and dance the night away. Our photographer also had plenty of gorgeous photo-op locations right on the property. Again...PERFECT. The food....PERFECT. :) EVERYTHING was delicious. We chose a buffet style service and not only was one thing better tasting than the next but the buffet line (or room should I say) was always full and attended by English Manor staff. We LOVE THE ENGLISH MANOR! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 2/16/2018 Lei-Ann S

I could not have even dreamed for a more beautiful wedding for myself and my husband. This was the first venue we went to look at and right away we knew. I had chills it just felt so perfect, and just so us. The day we visited was snowing and everything was lit up with lights.... Read More We were sold right then on having a winter wedding and at the English We went to look at other venues but before we did we decided not to bother. We knew this was where we wanted to get married. Throughout the wedding planning the staff was very helpful with any questions that we had. Kristi was always so helpful. I truly appreciated all of her help during the wedding planning. Marlyn, our Maitre d was absolutely amazing. She was so accommodating in the weeks that led up to the wedding and knowing we were in great hands took away a lot of the stress of the days leading up to the wedding so we could relax and just be excited that the wedding would be here before we knew it. Every single one of the staff was great! We had such an amazing wedding. Our guests were so happy and had a great time. The food was all so delicious! We still keep being told how great of a time everyone had, how much they loved the food and also so many of our guests our recommending this venue to other people. I honestly had the best time of my life on our wedding day. Marlyn and the staff kept making sure that me and my husband were having a great time and we really did. I very strongly suggest to anyone looking for a venue to check out the English Manor. It's absolutely a beautiful, romantic venue. We would not change a thing about our wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Matt W

Looking for a venue in New Jersey can be extremely overwhelming to say the least. After visiting 9 venues we walked into the English Manor and they seemed to have everything we were looking for. We found that most venues either offered a fabulous ambiance with a limited food... Read More package or a fabulous food package but extremely outdated ambiance. To us, the English Manor offered the perfect mix of both. The staff was extremely accommodating to our every want and need. Denise did a fantastic job making our vision come to life! She was always available in the weeks leading up to the wedding and made sure we were treated like royalty the night of our wedding. The food was fantastic and our guests were so impressed when the staff came around with huge platters of second options during the main course! Highly recommend the English Manor to all brides and grooms looking for premiere service, excellent variety of food options, and a day they will remember forever!

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Mary Christine

Chris and I were married on December 30, 2017 at the English Manor. Everything leading up to our wedding day and the day itself went extremely well. The English Manor team truly made things so simple from supplying the photographer as part of a package and we also were able to... Read More choose our deejay (Billy from Wedding Set Go) from "outside of the package." Chris arrived a few hours early and was able to get dressed in the beautiful Bridal Suite and than Cindy and Chris (photographers from Elite Entertainment) started taking the photographs. We were blessed with having an inch or two of snow that ended less than a half hour prior to us taking the photos. We had many family members that we wanted to be in photographs and the photographers and the English Manor staff were just so accommodating. We then had our ceremony right in the Ball Room with Debbie Zurey "marrying us." Following the ceremony we went right into the cocktail hour. The food in the cocktail hour was scrumptious. Many of the guests thought that the cocktail hour food was all of the food for the evening and were more than happy with both the selection and the quality of the food which included fresh ham, mashed potatoes, coconut shrimp, and at least another 10 hors d'oeuvres . The bartenders, Joe and Dan, were just so friendly and professional. The waiting staff were truly wonderful as Chris and I had plates of food and drinks available to us at all times. Our maitre d, Denise, was always making sure that Chris and I were treated like royalty. Immediately following the cocktail hour our guests were invited into the Ball Room and then Chris and I were escorted in by our adult children. We were immediately led onto the dance floor and from that point forward we experienced the fastest and most wonderful 4 hours being surrounded by family and friends. Billy had everyone out dancing just about the entire night. Next we sat down for our meals of prime rib and salmon which we and our guests enjoyed. The wait staff then brought out seconds for those still left with any type of appetite. After dinner there were ice cream cones handed out by the wait staff and then they served a fantastic wedding cake (strawberry filling with whip cream icing). Small carrot cake and chocolate covered strawberries were also served with the wedding cake. An expresso and liquor cart was then brought out for guests to enjoy. Chris and I have continued to receive compliments about the entire experience and I HIGHLY recommend the English Manor to anyone looking for a wedding venue. The entire staff (including the nice woman checking coats) made our day such a special one! Thank you to the English Manor management for making our wedding experience such a great one! Lisa has a great team and we thank everyone so much for their making our day a lifetime memory.

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Brittany B

We selected the English Manor for our wedding in December 2017 and were totally satisfied with our choice. I highly recommend their winter package if you are interested in getting married during the winter; they have beautiful decorations that make the venue look magical. The... Read More food is excellent and their grounds are perfect for photos. We were also very happy with the recommended Elite DJ. We had Marlyn as our maître d and she was lovely to work with. I had a specific vision for my cake and she worked with the baker to execute it and it turned out better than I imagined. I brought a lot of decorations for the reception and she handled all the details perfectly. The English Manor makes you feel welcome and is happy to accommodate your requests, I can’t recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Kristina W

I had my wedding at The English Manor on Nov 18 and it was beyond amazing! Everything was perfect and Denise was great. She made sure every detail was perfect. Not only is the venue beautiful the food is amazing and the entire staff is great. Our guests are still raving... Read More about the wedding. We could not have made a better choice for our wedding!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Lindsay C

English manor will be everything you dreamed of and more. If you are looking to have a ceremony outside, this is a dream spot to have it. Our guests said it was the best food they ever ever tasted (specifically the steak option!) and everyone said the cocktail hour food is out... Read More of this world. This venue does one wedding at a time, making each one so special. I️ highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Michelle F

As soon as we walked up to The English Manor for the first time we fell in love with it! The gardens are spectacular and were the perfect setting for our ceremony. The staff at the English Manor were very accommodating for our requests, and last minute changes. The venue looked... Read More amazing both inside and out! Every little detail had been thought of, and they also gave us a lot of help with the planning. When we were running late, the English Manor were flexible with us, and kept us on time throughout the rest of the night. We recommend this venue for your perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Gwen E

Our wedding day at The English Manor was truly magical! As soon as we entered, we were immediately welcomed by Lisa who toured us around the beautiful estate. We quickly fell head-over-hells for the venue. The incredible ceremony space, the option for an outdoor cocktail hour... Read More on the beautiful deck and the stunning reception room, each part was better than the next. We quickly hopped on the opportunity to plan our dream wedding day at The English Manor. We had a phenomenal food tasting months in advance of the wedding to help choose between all of the scrumptious options. As the wedding date got closer, we met with our Maître D’, Denise, who put all of our worries aside. It was so easy working with Denise, she was always available for what seemed like the silliest of questions and she had great ideas and recommendations for the big day! The weather on our big day was phenomenal so we were able to fulfill our dream of an outdoor wedding. We were privileged be able to do our first look, bridal party and family pictures at The English Manor before our ceremony. The lush grounds made a beautiful backdrop for each and every picture. The cocktail hour and reception food were just incredible! My guests are still raving about the vast array of foods at cocktail hour and the quality and quantity of food throughout the entire event! The entire wedding day went incredibly smoothly thanks to Denise. She even fixed my bustle that broke at the start of the reception! Silvana was an extreme pleasure to work with on the wedding day. She made sure my husband and I always had something to drink and eat and she was able to accommodate every request. We felt like absolute royalty hosting our wedding at The English Manor. We can only hope to one day attend an English Manor wedding as a guest to experience it from the other side. Thank you Denise, Silvana, Lisa, Kristi and the entire English Manor team for making our wedding day better than we ever could have imagined!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Michelle H

Our search for a venue started as soon as we were engaged nearly 2 years ago. I dragged my husband to 20 venues in search of the perfect location and it wasn't until we reached our very last one at The English Manor that we had finally fallen in love with the perfect venue!... Read More From the preparations leading to the day of, to the actual big day they did not disappoint! Our Maitre'D, Marlyn, was very helpful and always responsive every step of the way! Marlyn setup everything exactly as we had envisioned and made sure everything went exactly as we had wished! Although it rained and we couldn't have our outdoor ceremony, they waited until the very last moment to make that decision which we really appreciated. Otherwise everything went without a hitch! My guests raved about the delicious food and were amazed at being able to have seconds! The service there is truly one of a kind! Thank you English Manor for making our wedding absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Amber O

The English Manor was truly the perfect venue for our special day! Their grounds are stunning, the food was over the top and absolutely delicious, and the staff was a great help. Denise took all of our decorations and visions for the day and put everything in place perfectly.... Read More The EM just had a minor renovation, adding a beautiful patio and fountain to their grounds in place of a gazebo that was once there. Family and friends took nice pictures in front of it while enjoying the indoor/outdoor cocktail hour. The only minor complaint would be how the night ended. They didn't shuffle everyone out as best as they could so a lot of guests were lingering inside still, including my father, and they missed our sparkler exit. Over a month later, our family and friends are still talking about how our wedding was so much fun and how delicious the food was. Perfect choice!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Pamela G

Our wedding at the English Manor felt like a fairy tale. From the first moment of walking into the venue, we just knew it was exactly what we were looking for. The staff is amazing, our guests are still raving about the food, and the night was just perfect. Marlyn was... Read More amazing. She felt like my best friend for the evening, making sure no request felt too big or small. The evening of our rehearsal she took the time to listen to all my wishes and turned our special day into our best day ever. Every step of planning our wedding with the English Manor was simple. As we lived out of state and had just a few trips to NJ to get everything finalized, they really understood and worked with our schedules the best they could. Every couple that is looking for the perfect garden wedding should visit with the English Manor. Choosing this venue was the best decision we ever made, and our only wish is that someone else we know will get married there so we can enjoy the evening as guests to experience the other end! Thank you to the English Manor for our dream wedding!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Kaitlyn B

The English Manor was the perfect place to celebrate our marriage. Denise ensured that every detail was taken care of before our arrival to the venue and answered every text or call with last minute questions or details I had. I can tell she loves what she does and has a passion... Read More for making sure every bride's day is just how they dreamed it would be. I am still getting compliments on the food , cocktail hour and our signature drink as well as what a wonderful day it was! All of the ideas I had for a vintage travel themed wedding came together because the English Manor understood my vision and realized it beautifully. My husband and I are so glad we booked the English Manor and recommend it to any couple who is looking for an intimate , garden setting !! 😁

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Tricia H

The English Manor is amazing and I was able to have a perfect wedding there! The grounds are beautiful and make for a really great ceremony and fantastic pictures. The food at cocktail hour and dinner was amazing, and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. I received so... Read More many compliments on the venue and I couldn't have been happier with the day. I highly recommend The English Manor!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Ana G

Our wedding in June 2017, was beyond our expectations. Everyone on the staff was amazing and so detail-oriented. As the bride, I did not have to worry about a thing on my wedding day and everything went smoothly. I'd especially like to thank my wedding day coordinator, Marlyn,... Read More for handling everything that day. It was a gorgeous venue and the food was great! Thank you English Manor for giving me the perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Alexandria A

The English Manor was the best decision we made about our wedding! The food was delicious and everyone loved cocktail hour. Denis and the staff at the English Manor took care of every single detail. My husband and I didn't have to do or worry about anything. Denis, the wedding... Read More planner, is truly amazing! The Garden is so romantic and our photos came out great! Loved every second of our day!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Lauren M

The English Manor venue and staff are amazing! Not only is the outdoor venue beautiful and constantly being updated (improving even over our year of wedding planning with addition of a water fountain and improved river rocks), the service and attention to detail is second to... Read More none! I am an out of state bride and had so much satisfaction and relief working with our maitre'd Denise who was willing to FaceTime with myself and my now husband to plan every last detail when we were unable to come in person for meetings. Our wedding day was the best day of my life and went perfectly- I really think its the communication and hard work of the staff (especially Denise) that kept our wedding on track. And don't even get us started on the AMAZING food- our family and friends are still raving about how much there was and the quality of what was offered! Denise made sure that we ate and was so attentive- our every need and request was accommodated (even last minute changes). The English Manor goes above and beyond to exceed your expectations and we were blown away! You won't regret having your wedding here- it will always have a special place in our lives.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Rebecca F

I cannot say enough good things about The English Manor! The maitre d', Marlyn, was absolutely amazing. Everyone raved about the food and the place. Even though it rained on our wedding, they were so quick to set up the ceremony inside and then put it all back for the reception.... Read More The food was absolutely phenomenal and the fact that my husband and I didn't get a chance to eat was okay, because they packed us extra dinners and cocktail hour foods to go! Seriously amazing, they came in so handy the next day. They were also so accommodating to us, and happily let us do our gender reveal cake after our wedding cake. It was great because the whole staff was just as excited as we were, and they made it so special for us. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my wedding, and every single person there said something great about them. If you're considering The English Manor, go for it, you will not regret a thing.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Allen R

The cocktail hour, reception and attention to detail was fantastic. The attendees all complimented us on the exquisite and beautiful venue. If you are looking for a cozy, friendly, fun environment we suggest you strongly consider The English Manor.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Jessica R

Our wedding reception could not have been any better! From the minute we saw the English Manor and it felt like we were at home in a cozy but gorgeous house, we knew we had to have our December Christmas themed wedding there. It was decorated so beautifully for the holiday... Read More season that we really didn't even need to do much. We couldn't wait to hang our stockings above the fireplace and see how pretty our wreaths decorated the candelabras in the main reception room. Kristi was fantastic and was there with a quick response to any question every step of the way. Denise did an amazing job coordinating our reception and didn't leave one stone unturned. We could not have been happier. Our guests still rave about the food and wonderful time they had. EM is the best! Our day was perfect.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Bridget L

We had our wedding at The English Manor this past December and couldn't have imagined a more perfect day!! The entire staff was friendly, helpful and really just fantastic to work with. Denise was beyond incredible and really took care of us. She made all our dreams a reality,... Read More she even made it snow on our wedding day ;D All the guests raved about the food both in quality and quantity and they had a BLAST. I really can't say enough good things about The English Manor. Thank you so so much for making our day so magical!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Courtney L

I can't say enough great things about the English Manor. Kristi and Denise were an absolute pleasure to work with. The food was amazing and my guests raved about it!! The venue is just beautiful and I barely brought it any of my own decorations because it really doesn't need... Read More anything. I had a craft beer station out on the patio which was so much fun! I also opted for the "exit station" of pork roll, egg, and cheese, which was a huge hit! HIGHLY recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Colleen W

Thank you to the entire English Manor staff much for a truly wonderful experience...we were treated like royalty for the entire time (including the many months spent planning before the actual ceremony). The amazing quality and variety of food truly astounded me and your... Read More servers were truly experts in their field. To say the grounds that we were lucky enough to enjoy on our wedding day were beautiful is an understatement. The entire place has a magical feel to it and Brendan and I took a few minutes by ourselves during the reception to sneak away and stroll around your gorgeous place. Everything was lit up at night just sparkled. I highly highly highly recommend the English Manor for anyone who's looking for a place a special event to be held. Thank you again for all that you did!