Book Your Wedding with The Farm

A BALLROOM IN ROME, GA

Say your vows at The Farm in Rome, Georgia. Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, the rolling hills, lush green pastures and Tuscany-style barn on this family owned and operated horse farm makes the ideal backdrop for any wedding. Spread across 280 acres, the rustic property features mountain trails, ponds and natural springs.

Couples can say "I do" outside in the open pastures, a private gazebo in the woods, in the stable area or inside the renovated 40,000-square-foot European-style pine barn with old brick arches along the entrance way.

Three timbers room. Along with an adjoining ballroom is inside the barn. Heated and air-conditioned, it includes the full use of the loft area that's been transformed into a prep kitchen with a commercial ice maker and warming drawer, a wet bar and restroom area. The three timbers room can seat up to 200 guests.

The property is available for all your wedding needs. Small, intimate occasions that accompany your wedding, such as the bridal shower and rehearsal dinner, can be held in the mountain cabin, the cottage field or the general store.

Your event at The Farm begins with a personal tour of the property. Once you reserve your day, a wedding planner will help you choose the rest. Although The Farm is only an event venue, your planner is still available to help you pick from a list of preferred local vendors. Couples are responsible for their own caterer, beverage service, flowers, music, officiant, photographer and any other services they may need.

The wedding package includes:

• Bridal suite
  • All tables, chairs and crisp white, floor-length linens
  • Room full of rustic wedding decor to choose, including centerpieces, aisle markers and runners
  • Full liability insurance
  • Backup indoor location for outdoor events
  • Dance floor
  • Shuttle service to cabins

To reserve this place, a nonrefundable deposit is required. Rentals are available year-round on weekends only. The final balance must be paid three months before the event.

When you choose The Farm for your nuptials, the 70-acre wedding facility is yours for the weekend. The wedding package begins on Fridays at 1 p.m. and concludes on Sunday at 11 a.m. This is ideal for hosting your rehearsal dinner on Friday evening, the ceremony and reception on Saturday and a farewell breakfast for your wedding party on Sunday morning. Don't worry, the staff is available all weekend for coordinating your event as well as setup and cleanup.

Rustic Farm Weddings

A 300-acre farm, with European-style barn and elegant stables, perfect for weddings and receptions. Elegant ballroom located above the barn can hold up to 300 inside. Seventy-five acres of wide open pastures, perfect for outdoor weddings and receptions. Beautiful guest cottages on-site for lodging.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Hotel, Loft

Planning

2979 Big Texas Valley Rd., Rome, GA (706) 252-0497

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Jessica P

Words can not describe how beautiful our wedding was at The Farm. We were in love with it from the moment we saw it. They say in life you get what you pay for and we certainly did. I feel for the price we paid for the venue and the cottages was more than fair, especially... Read More considering it was ours for the weekend. The convenience of having the cottages on site also really helped alleviate my stress level during the weekend. My friends and family were blown away by the beauty of our wedding. It's only been 2 days and we are still getting calls and messages about how great of a time they had. We threw a great party on Friday night to welcome our guests and mingle with everyone and then a wonderful wedding in the field and reception in The Barn. The day was drama free, I don't know if that is the reality or if I was shielded from issues by Dixie but I don't care either way. If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't change a single thing. Dixie, Lee, and her staff helped us feel welcome and relaxed. Being so far out helped me and our guests really just leave the world behind and focus on our wedding. I haven't smiled, partied, and danced so much in years. If you are considering The Farm I highly recommend it, you will not be sorry. You will love every moment and you will cherish the pictures and memories for years to come!

2015-09-01T11:21:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! You made me teary eyed! We really loved having you guys! You were such an amazing bride! I can't thank you enough for picking us. Helping you with your wedding and being apart of your day was... Read Less Read More

Awesome venue with lots of charm!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Mandy B

I was so pleased with Dixie and her staff at the farm. They were professional, but warm and personable at the same time. They made planning a wedding from a distance a breeze! The venue is absolutely stunning, and the staff is awesome.

2015-05-26T18:46:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!❤️

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Lindsey D

The Farm is a gorgeous rustic wedding venue in the backcountry of Rome, GA. When we first saw The Farm, me and my husband knew that this was the venue for us almost instantly so we booked it that day. We love Dixie, she's so easy to work with and will make sure you have... Read More everything you want for your big day! She's always just a text or phone call away! There is plenty of space for your guests and different options for location of your ceremony. Dixie also has a room full of decorations which helps your wallet! My husband and I stayed at the guest cottage with our 3 dogs for the weekend, which we highly recommend. We had our rehearsal dinner in the breezeway, our ceremony in the pasture, our reception dinner farm style in the stables, and the reception in the breezeway. Dixie also coordinates with all your vendors on the day of your wedding which is perfect! I never worried about handling any of my vendors, all I did was get ready and relaxed with my bridesmaids/family. Everything was perfect about our wedding, thanks Dixie!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Devin H

The Farm fulfilled every dream I had and more. I had my rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception all onsite in October 2016. My family and bridal party stayed onsite the entire weekend too which made the wedding THAT much more memorable and fun! Everything went absolutely... Read More perfectly and we are forever thankful for Dixie, the owner! She went above and beyond our expectations in order to ensure the wedding day went as smooth as possible. Nothing could have gone more perfectly! I will remain friends with Dixie forever and cannot wait to visit the site again one day soon! If you book at The Farm, you will be so thankful you did! Your day will go as smooth as possible and you will have beautiful pictures! We are so happy with our decision to get married at The Farm and you will be too!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Steve T

I fought in Nam, Korea and Desert Storm but of all the places I've been in my life... these cottages were the worst. Bugs, toilets facing each other and scorpions are just some of the delights you will find.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

The Farm in Rome Georgia is definitely a venue to consider. Don't let the drive fool or discourage you. My daughter and son in law selected this wedding venue over many other outdoor venues they visited from Atlanta to Rome. This was their favorite and they signed on the... Read More spot. The property is spectacular and Dixie (the owner) makes things so easy and kept everything on schedule. We had so many compliments and couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

I gave this venue a two star rating (and not lower), because it is an absolutely beautiful farm and it made for a wonderful wedding ceremony and overall fun weekend. That being said, I think the owners could learn a thing or two on professionalism and not constantly talking down... Read More to guests in an extremely condescending manner. I saw numerous guests yelled at for trying to drive down the wrong path to the ceremony (which was in the back of the farm), yet there were no signs or anyone directing traffic until they were yelling at them for going the wrong way. They had no trouble spending money on signs for the 10 mph speed limit that were about every 20 feet, I think some signs guiding traffic might be a good idea as well. And oh the speed limit... If you had told me 20 years ago that a grown man (the husband of the owner) would yell "slow down, asshole" to a parent driving 15 mph on a road not lined with pedestrians, I would have laughed. This was a common occurrence throughout the weekend. It got so bad that one car had run down to the cottages during the rehearsal dinner to grab something (I'll get to that later) and was definitely driving a little fast on the way back (by a little fast, MAYBE 25 mph) and went back inside to the rehearsal dinner. Five minutes later, the husband came in the barn and whistled to get everyone's attention and angrily screamed "who was driving that truck?" You have a strict speed limit, I get it, but to come into the middle of a REHEARSAL DINNER whistling over someone speeding is not only rude, but extremely unprofessional. What the car had left to go get was the check for the cottages for the weekend, which, either the owner or her assistant, came and asked the bride for DURING the rehearsal dinner (a little pattern with the unprofessionalism). The bride/groom/their family were on the property throughout the day, if it was so important to have had the check by that evening, they should have made sure to get the check from the couple earlier. The day of the wedding, everything seemed to go pretty smooth and it was a beautiful ceremony. We drive up to the reception from the back field where the ceremony was, and the husband is directing traffic dressed very casual for the event and once again yelling at cars for not doing exactly what he wanted them to do. I would think the drivers may have had a better understanding of what he was asking of them had he been willing to put his beer down and use both hands... I'm sure I could think of a few more similar instances, but I think you get my point. The bride and groom still managed to enjoy their wedding and it was a fun weekend overall, but I would not recommend this venue to anyone unless there is a change in ownership or they're going to be off the property for the weekend of the wedding. Hope this helps!

2015-09-17T22:23:34 Response from the vendor

Wow, I do love your one sides version. Payment was due upon arriving. You arrived on Wednesday on Friday at 12 you still did not have payment. You told me you would have it by 4, you didn't in my paperwork it states payment is... Read Less Read More

The Farm

Reviewed on 3/14/2015 Tyler V

The Farm is a gorgeous place to get married or have any sort of event, and I know that our photos will be beautiful because of it. There are plenty of different areas to suit all brides' tastes, and I would highly recommend using the cottages that dot the property - they are... Read More very well-maintained and charming. I know that everything is expensive in the wedding industry, but I felt that the price ended up being a little too steep for what we actually received. If you have a large budget and want the antique stable vibe for your wedding, I would definitely recommend The Farm. For those with smaller budgets, you might end up with buyer's remorse.

2015-05-26T18:45:50 Response from the vendor

Hi thanks for your review. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and your family friends and gust were all great as well. Please keep in mind that our package, price and services that we provided never changed. If any thing we actually provide more services than... Read Less Read More

AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Julia R

The Farm is such a beautiful location and Dixie, Lee, and her staff were there every step of the way to make our wedding day absolutely perfect. They are super laid back and great people to work with. Dixie is so helpful and made the entire wedding planning process less... Read More stressful for me and for my dad. I would refer this venue to every bride who is looking for a rustic, vintage-chic wedding.

2015-05-26T18:47:32 Response from the vendor

Awe! Thank you so much! You guys were wonderful! And we love your dad!!! Hope to have you back soon!

Wonderful venue!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Ashley M

The venue and venue owner were wonderful!! Beautiful venue with amazing accommodations for all wedding sizes! Dixie was so easy to work with and very good at keeping the entire weekend relaxed! Dixie was wonderful! She is very easy going and open to any ideas that you may have!... Read More We brought a hay trailer, a beautiful arbor and lots of happy people! :) Dixie was a great host!

2015-05-26T18:47:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys!!!❤️

Bride

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Kristen F

When my husband and I visited The Farm for the first time we knew it was the place we wanted to get married. Everything was perfect! The owners were there the whole way to help in the planning process and helped make our wedding day perfect and unforgettable! What I also like... Read More about The Farm is there are multiple locations onsite to have your ceremony and reception. At most places you do not have a choice. I like this because each bride and groom can choose which location fits them best! I would recommend The Farm to anyone! Thank you Lee and Dixie for providing a gorgeous place to have our wedding that we will never forget!

2015-05-26T18:48:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!!❤️❤️

The farm in Rome, Ga

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Leigha W

I loved getting married at the farm! Dixie does a great job in helping you set up and has great ideas for you as well! There are several places to pick for the ceremony. I love how you get to plan where you get married and how you want it to look. You also get to use your... Read More own vendors. I highly recommend the farm! One of the best days of my life!!!

2015-05-26T18:48:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!

Amazing Venue and Wonderful Hosts!

Reviewed on 3/19/2013 Angela Z

We used the Farm for our 3/2/13 wedding and absolutely LOVED it. Dixie and Lee were there every step of the way to run, climb, help, and just DO anything needed, plus Dixie was our savior at making sure the wedding day went according to plan. AND she organized the ceremony with... Read More our pastor so all went smoothly. We couldn't have asked for a better value, and now better friends. Price includes ALL WEEKEND at the Farm, tables, chairs, linens, and you basically have access to anything and anywhere you want to go. You have the run of the place to make your day exactly how you imagined it. We used the cottages on property to house our families and bridal party - get them to chip in, whatever, but it beats the drive back and forth to town for the people that need to be there 24/7. Best of all are the views - you won't regret having your pictures made there with the barn, or gate or anything in the background! It's beautiful!

2015-05-26T18:49:20 Response from the vendor

Awe!thank you ! You know I love you guys, and hope to have you back soon.

In the process of planning

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Kristina B

I cannot explain how helpful Dixie the owner has been throughout our wedding planning. I am so thrilled that we chose to have our wedding at The Farm. UPDATE: Our wedding was absolutely incredible!! I was stressed the week before and Dixie did everything she could to ease... Read More the stress including going to a particularly difficult vendor appointment with me. She arranged a full bar for our reception with literally days notice. Dixie is without a doubt an incredible person who will be there for you 100%. The farm was absolutely stunning for our wedding. We got comments from almost all of our guests regarding how beautiful and different our wedding was, saying they would remember it! I was able to use decorations that Dixie had at the farm to enhance my own decorations it was perfect. I cannot say enough about the venue and about Dixie. If you want a memorable, incredible wedding day, book the farm, you will be blown away!

DJ's Pick!

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Chad O

The Farm is a unique and unforgettable wedding venue! With over 300 acres of well-manicured grounds, you and your loved will celebrate your wedding day in complete privacy! Whether your wedding is in the Spring (with flowers in bloom), the Summer (with lushish green grass), or... Read More during the Fall (when the leaves are so colorful), The Farm's natural beauty enhances not only the atmosphere but captures the charm of your wedding in every photograph! Their staff is knowledge and will assist you through the planning process. With over a decade of experience in the wedding industry and performing at hundreds of venues across the state, The Farm gets two-thumbs up! We recommend you not only taking our professional recommendation but read their Facebook page to see all the amazing things brides and grooms are saying about their experience and wedding day at The Farm!

2012-11-01T10:34:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!

Best Wedding Venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Allison S

We couldn't have chosen a better venue! The owners were very helpful in planning the entire wedding! It's the most beautiful venue in the area. It has so many different options on the locations property for the wedding & reception. You photographs are worth it with the beautiful... Read More backdrop!

2012-10-31T20:12:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you Allie!! We love you guys!