Event Success is in The Finer Points

As a premier event planning company, we work under the philosophy that each event is unique and deserves our greatest respect and consideration. From total event planning to coordination services, no event is too large or small for our experienced planners.

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Leesburg, VA Serving N. VA, DC and MD

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Anne M

We worked with Lynn as a day-of coordinator on our wedding and I certainly believe our amazing wedding had everything to do with Lynn. From fielding a lot of random questions from me, to stepping up to help when we lost our venue, to fixing a stray curl during my reception, I... Read More don't think I would have been able to do it without her. She is sweet, reassuring, and an absolute must for a perfect wedding day!

2016-05-10T15:00:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you Anne for your kind words! It's much appreciated!

Great coordination and professionalism

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Gwynne R

Lynn did a fabulous job coordinating the details of my wedding. We hired her for day-of coordination, and everyone (including my mom, who was skeptical about using a coordinator) appreciated her attention to detail. She went the extra mile and thought of all sorts of details I... Read More hadn't - she was great to work with!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Amy F

We cannot say enough great things about the Finer Points and we love Laura. We first met Lynn and hired the Finer Points for Day Of Coordination. We had our wedding at our home in the backyard and we originally reached out to her to destress the prospect of having 60 people at... Read More our house and dealing with setup, vendors, etc. We didn't expect to get SO much more. From the moment we met Laura, she blew us away. She really got to know us and understood what we wanted, which was an outdoor rustic wedding with our closest family and friends. Laura helped with catering, met with the florist and managed the tent. I was amazed every time I went to a meeting with her because she was totally in control, which meant I did not have to be. She sent us tons of pictures and ideas whenever she saw something she thought we might like. For the day of, she was everywhere. From looking for sprinkler heads with the tent people to stringing lights in trees and sweeping my patio, to ensuring linens and centerpieces were perfect to making sure every last candle was where it was supposed to be. She was WONDERFUL. She even captured pictures and videos on her phone that everyone else missed. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and everything we hoped for. There is no way it would have been the same without her. She did everything possible to remove our stress so we could enjoy every moment. Hiring the Finer Points was absolutely the best decision we made in our wedding planning and I highly recommend them. A wedding takes months to plan but in the end, it only lasts for what feels like seconds. We are so glad we remember and enjoyed every one of those seconds thanks to Laura's help.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Jacqueline H

We hired Lynn as our day of coordinator, but she was more than just the day of! Lynn met with us when we had our tasting four months before the wedding. She also attended our rehearsal so she could meet with everyone and pass out the itinerary. Lynn made sure everything went... Read More smoothly so I could relax on my wedding day. Highly recommend Lynn for wedding planning! =)

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Nat G

We used The Finer Points for day-of services, and couldn't have been happier! They were incredibly organized and friendly and kept everything moving smoothly throughout the evening. We're so happy we decided to use their services and would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Sarah R

Lynn at the Finer Points was a life-saver. So easy to talk to, incredibly helpful, and relieved so much of the pressure of planning for my big day. On our actual wedding day, she handled so many of the details and truly allowed me to relax knowing that everything was in good... Read More hands!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Alison H

Hands down, hiring Lynn as our day of coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She is incredibly organized and was able to answer all of our last-minute questions. She was was so calm and reassuring on our wedding day, and knew our venue, Whitehall,... Read More backwards and forwards. Everything went so smoothly, all thanks to Lynn and Finer Points!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Laura

Lynn was WONDERFUL! As the mother of the bride, she was extremely helpful in planning a DC wedding from out of state. She was very calming and available and helped with selecting vendors, solving issues and making the whole event go smoothly. The wedding weekend was fantastic. I... Read More highly recommend Lynn and The Finer Points!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Nadya S

Hiring the Finer Points and Felicia as our day of coordinator was the best decision we made! We are so grateful for her thoroughness - every detail was captured from our decoration placement and to our timeline, where we had to squeeze in a tea ceremony. We met (in person and... Read More over the phone) with her several times to discuss the details and Felicia was great in answering our emails about decoration ideas, vendor coordination/updates, and taking care of us when we had last minute questions & cancellations. Felicia was there from the time we were getting our hair and make up done at 9am to the very end of the event. She made us feel like we were in good hands and could not be more thankful for Felicia in making sure we had a perfect day!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Starla M

I am so glad we hired Felicia as our day of coordinator! She was so nice and my wedding day was perfect thanks to her! We did not have to worry about anything the day of and during our rehearsal she took everything we had that needed to be set up the next day and she took care... Read More of all of it. She was very organized and had a timeline set up for us so that we knew exactly how our big day would go. Hiring Felicia was one of the smartest decisions we made during our wedding planning!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Dana W

Felicia was hands down the best decision of my life (aside from saying yes to my husband). I am a super type A person and from the get-go I knew what I wanted for my wedding almost down to a T. So I knew that I did not need a planner but I knew that I needed someone who could... Read More handle everything day-of when I would be otherwise occupied. Felicia could not have been more perfect! She was available when I needed her before the wedding. The week of she emailed me a giant timeline of how everything would flow and made me feel so comfortable and at ease with the wedding. I knew everything would be handled and taken care of on our wedding day and that I wouldn't have to worry about anything. I cannot recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Courtney K

We purchased the Partial Planning Package, and were thrilled with all of Lynn's suggestions, advice, and guidance. Not only was she a great help prior to the wedding, but day of, she ensured that everything ran smoothly. I couldn't imagine not having her there to tie up all the... Read More loose ends.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Malina B

Lynn was wonderful! Our wedding day went very smoothly due to Lynn handling all the details. I highly recommend her for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Elizabeth

We hired The Finer Points to be our day of coordinator on 10/03/15. We were so impressed by Lynn and her team! They not only offer Day-of, but also help you out a month or two in advance with any extra details and logistics. Best part, they put together a schedule and form with... Read More all important contact information to share with family&bridal party so no one is asking you (the bride or groom) what is going on day of. Lisa was our actual coordinator for the day, but Lynn helped out on every step of the process leading up to the day, even sending check-in emails the week of. You feel like you have two people looking out for you! Lisa was also great the day of making sure everything went smoothly. She was incredibly helpful to make sure bride+groom and close family had drink refills and ate during the party. Great experience having them for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

We have worked with Lynn twice--once in 2012 for one of my daughter's wedding and again in 2015 for another daughter's wedding. She is the calmest, nicest, most organized planner one could ask for. Her attention to detail is amazing and she was with us every step of the way,... Read More always available to us to answer questions and accompany us to vendor meetings. I cannot recommend her enough. She is the best!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Daniela R

Words can not express how grateful I am to Lynn for being the most level headed, organized, thoughtful, meticulous, and amazing wedding coordinator. My original wedding coordinator quit just 6 weeks before my wedding and I was scrambling to find a new one. Lynn came to my... Read More rescue! She was a pleasure to work with, she was knew exactly what to do for every situation, she listened to me, she understood my vision for my wedding day and she executed it perfectly. I actually ended up getting terribly ill right before our dinner and reception were supposed to start. I couldn't greet my guests, I couldn't keep any eye on anything because I couldn't even stand up and Lynn took care of everything. She was calm and thoughtful and kept everything moving forward so that guests weren't the wiser that the bride was missing. She rolled with the punches, made quick changes to our timeline to accommodate my getting sick, and even stayed later than she was contracted for so that she could make sure I was able to rejoin my guests and reception. She is worth every single penny! And her prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Jamie B

Lynn was nothing short of AMAZING! We ordered the partial planning package and Lynn was on top of her game! She stayed in constant contact and made sure she knew our vision. I couldn't have nicer things to say about her. She knows her stuff. We didn't have to worry about a thing... Read More the day of the wedding and it is all thanks to Lynn. I highly recommend her services.

Reviewed on 9/07/2015

Lynn was the best decision we made in planning my daughter’s wedding. She was organized and unflappable. She answered all our questions and addressed all our concerns before the wedding and during the wedding and reception made sure everything went smoothly and according to... Read More plan. Lynn is very knowledgeable about all things wedding and thought of things we never would have. Before the ceremony she made sure everyone was in the correct place and coached us on what to do when. During the reception, Lynn was there to coordinate with the DJ and make sure the toasts, speeches, first dance, cake cutting, etc. went off without a hitch. Last, but definitely not least, Lynn was a pleasure to work with and we truly appreciate all she did in making it the perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Michellanne D

Hiring Lynn as my day of planner from the Finer Points was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. My family and I literally said that to one another over and over. From our first conversation, she made me feel at ease, and I loved that she asked all the questions I... Read More didn't even know needed to be answered. On the day of the wedding, she orchestrated the rehearsal and impressed all of us with her knowledge of Jewish weddings. Because she was on hand all day, my parents and I could relax and trust that the event would run smoothly. It made such an enormous difference. I cannot recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

Lynn at The Finer Points was amazing as our day-of wedding coordinator! She was involved and handling details starting weeks before the wedding, too. I didn't worry about anything on the wedding day- Lynn handled all the contracts, tips, having the vendors set up, making sure... Read More everything in the venue was set up perfectly- the list goes on and on! She was even in contact with the shuttle drivers as they were en route to make sure the timing was perfect! And at the end of the night, Lynn made sure all of our things were nicely packed up and ready for us to pick up in the morning. SOOO happy we hired her! Lynn definitely made sure my stress level stayed low and that I was able to enjoy my wedding and feel confident that everything would go perfectly! Thanks, Lynn!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Daniel B

My wife and I had an enormously positive experience working with Lynn and the Finer Points and would recommend them to all of our friends in a heartbeat. We booked the Finer Points after looking at at least a dozen day-of coordinators and it was an easy decision because of... Read More the Finer Point's competitive pricing, particularly compared with all the services offered, and Lynn's wealth of knowledge and experience. Lynn worked with us in the months leading up to the wedding, quickly and fully answering all our various questions about details and minutiae that go into planning a wedding. She was very accessible. She worked seamlessly with all our vendors to ensure everything went smoothly. She created a timeline for the wedding wedding for the bridal party and the vendors to make sure everyone knew what had to be done when and who needed to be where, down to the minute. Perhaps most importantly, Lynn provided a reassuring and calming voice amid the stress of wedding planning. We could tell she has done many weddings and with her orchestrating everything, we were confident the wedding would go off flawlessly and it did.

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Kateleigh H

Lynn and her wonderful coordinators at The Finer Points made our wedding planning and day-of stress-free! We worked with her for a Day-Of Coordination, and since I was up in Boston and the wedding was in MD it helped so much to trust our planner and know that she was taking care... Read More of things. It made such a huge difference on the day itself to know that someone else was taking care of everything so we could just enjoy the day. Our families and wedding party also complimented us on their professionalism and attention to detail. I highly recommend Lynn to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Katie O

We had the best experience with Lynn! Both of us are busy professionals and did the full planning option -- it was worth every penny! Lynn did an amazing job helping us select vendors, answering e-mails, and making sure that all the details were taken care of and that we were... Read More staying on target with our timeline. We did not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. She is so sweet and the vendors she recommended were all wonderful! She was the perfect wedding planner!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Erinn S

Lynn was absolutely amazing! She was our day of coordinator but did SO much more. From our first meeting, we were highly impressed with Lynn’s professionalism, responsiveness and valuable ideas. We felt that Lynn was with us throughout our wedding planning process, even... Read More months, weeks and days before. She was extremely helpful in coordinating our other vendors and took away any stress and outstanding issues. We highly recommend Lynn and it was one of our best wedding investments. I am not sure what we would have done without her and she helped make our wedding...the best day ever!

Pleasure to work with

Reviewed on 8/09/2014

You can't work with a better staff than the FinerPoints, LLC. They are very professional and have contacts with some of the best vendors in the area. The vendors were flexible and acommodated my work schedule. They were also reasoably priced. Lynn, the primary wedding planner,... Read More helped me navigate the process while my fiance was out of town. Everyone waa so pleased wit the wedding that my guests are still talking about it.