Wedding Planning, Styling and Design

With the professional expertise of The Finer Things Event Planning, we will design and execute a unique and unforgettable wedding experience that will resonate with your family and friends for years to come. We tailor every aspect of wedding planning to create a cherished memory by all.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Blacklick, OH Serving Central Ohio (614) 330-8583

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Meagan W

Everyone kept telling me, "You are the most relaxed bride I have ever seen." There is a reason for that, I had Jennifer. There was literally nothing to stress about or worry because it was already taken care of. Seriously, all we needed to do was show up, get married, and party!... Read More Having The Finer Things Event Planning and Jennifer take care of us was THE BEST decision EVER! Worth every single penny! She was organized, creative, and helpful. I do not know how she does it! She understood what we wanted in every aspect of every detail, then... she delivered it and more! She has amazing contacts for every budget and ensured that the details we wanted the most, we got first and foremost. We live in Chicago, got married in Columbus and she made sure that every time we came in to town, if we needed to do wedding related tasks, she would line them up and knock out as much as possible without overwhelming us! Through many emails and texts, and just a handful of in-person meetings, she created our vision and more! AND this was all done in about 7 months time!!!! Everyone always asks what went wrong at the wedding and I can honestly say nothing! If it did, I sure didn't know about it and sure couldn't tell because she was on it! Our wedding looked like it was right out of a magazine. It was a delicate and romantic blush and gold lace themed evening affair and every detail was absolutely breath taking. I am a total control freak, but seriously, I let her take control and do what she does best and it paid off... a bonus was that both my husband and I still had our sanity on our wedding day and all we had to feel was excitement and love! No stress! That tops the beauty of the day!

Best Wedding Planner in Ohio

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Cara K

They say rain on your wedding is good luck. Well, let me tell you.. as the bride of a supposed to be beautiful outdoor garden mansion wedding, rain and 50 degree weather in early October did not seem like good luck at all. I was devastated that the wedding I was planning for... Read More over a year was not going to be what I envisioned because of mother nature's cruel ways. However, Jen and her team were able to transform our "back up plan" into the most beautiful and intimate setting I could ever imagine for my big day. Even though the weather was not working in our favor, I never once stressed the morning of my wedding. Jen took care of every detail and made sure that despite the circumstances of changing our ceremony completely that I was nothing less than happy. Walking into my ceremony venue for the first time on my wedding day, I was shocked and in awe at the beauty Jen was able to create on a moments notice. I actually cried happy tears at that moment because Jen was able to create the most beautiful and perfect setting for the most important day of my husband and I's lives. Realizing that my "back up plan" was actually more amazing than what I originally envisioned our "outdoor wedding" to be, was the exact moment I realized I wouldn't have made it through my wedding without Jen. Jen is absolutely incredible to work with. She recommended the best vendors, helped me find my perfect dress and even allowed me to keep my sanity by making sure every detail was met during our entire planning process. I worked with Jen for over a year and I was never disappointed with her work once. Jen came to my rescue in every situation imaginable. On the night before my wedding when I realized my cathedral length veil was in fact a shoulder length veil, Jen was able to find me a new veil within minutes. When one of my bridesmaid ripped her dress the day of our wedding, Jen was able to fix it. Jen was able to fix any problem that came my way. She became more than a wedding planner during our time working together, she became a friend. I cannot recommend her enough, she is worth every penny. She made my wedding the happiest day of my life, I am forever thankful for Jen and her amazing team (especially Brooke) at The Finer Things Event Planning.

Best Decision Ever

Reviewed on 5/05/2014 Kristen P

Jennifer from The Finer Things Event Planning is 100% the best decision you will make while planning your wedding. Jennifer has beautiful taste and you will always feel like no matter what, she will make your big day perfect. Her relationships with AMAZING vendors in the... Read More Columbus area will ensure you have the best possible team to work with. I promise you, an amazing wedding planner and a great vendor team will get you the wedding you saw on Pinterest! Jennifer was extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process. She was always prepared for our meetings with various fabric samples and inspiration pages. Jennifer's help was invaluable on the administrative side from assisting in writing out our wedding ceremony and running the rehearsal, to personally keeping track of our RSVP's! She is such a friendly woman and really loves what she does, you can tell and it makes all the difference in the world! I am so proud to be a TFTEP bride and know that our wedding day was EXACTLY how I always wished it would be! THANK YOU TFTEP & JENNIFER!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Kaitlin W

Jennifer was the best wedding planner ever!! She took away all of the stress of planning a wedding. She always told me when it was time to make specific appointments - and she would make them for me. She was easy to communicate with a responsive through the entire process. I... Read More think the best part was the week of my wedding - I literally did nothing and Jennifer assured me that she had everything taken care of. On the night before and day of my wedding, Jennifer orchestrated everything perfectly. I had the perfect wedding day, with everything and everyone running on time, thanks to Jennifer. Also, my wedding was absolutely gorgeous, and it was all thanks to Jennifer and her help in picking the best vendors for me, decorations, etc. etc. I would recommend Jennifer 1 million times over to anyone planning a wedding in the Columbus area!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Erin S

Jennifer did a wonderful job helping us to bring together the best venders in Columbus! All of the people were the top of the line and stayed within our budget. She made my job as the bride effortless and fun. I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to her!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Krista C

For you brides out there - The Finer Things Event Planning was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding!!! (Really, it truly was!) From the moment I met Jennifer, I was extremely excited to work with her. She was classy, professional, she listened to me go on and on-... Read More and I truly felt she heard and shared my vision of wanting a classy wedding with a splash of fuschia. As a project manager for a living, I was concerned about losing control of my wedding plans if I used a planner, but my experience could not have been more of the opposite. She shared my excitement for the fun things like colors, linens, the lighting.... and even better she offered the true honest feedback I needed to hear on wild ideas I had (thank goodness!) She cared about my budget and always had options and different routes to explore. Her experience shown through every selection we made together!! I truly had that magical moment the minute I walked into our venue as a married woman with my husband. It was MORE BEAUTIFUL than I ever, ever could have hoped - she truly knocked it out of the park with classiness, sparkle and the fuschia color I dreamed of!! And the pictures are out of this world to prove it (can't believe it was our wedding, looks like a magazine!) The biggest mistake I made from my wedding planning was not choosing The Finer Things Event Planning until after I had chosen my venue. I completely see the value Jennifer brought to our experience and if I had it all over to do again, I would choose her FIRST, with her guidance of venue selection from day one. If you are on the fence of thinking you can plan your wedding yourself, my hope for you, Sweet Bride-to-Be, is that you go with this Jennifer with FTEP. She's fun, sophisticated and will take your wedding to the level you could only dream of pulling together. She will save you (and your fiance'!) hours of unnecessary stress. Best wishes to all with the wedding of your dreams!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Sheila G

I would highly recommend Jennifer to anyone planning a wedding. I can't say enough about her organizational skills, creativity, attention to detail and professionalism. She saved us a tremendous amount of time in streamlining the vendor selection process. She was prompt in... Read More returning texts, emails and phone calls, and she was a master at creating (and helping us stick to) our wedding timeline. All in all, it was a joy to work with Jennifer ~ We couldn't have done it without her!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Leigh Ann W

As the mother of an out-of-town bride and groom, I knew immediately that I wanted a professional to help plan my daughter's New Year's Eve wedding. In Jennifer, we found the consummate professional. We chose to work with Jennifer throughout the entire planning process and she... Read More never failed to deliver. She timely and tirelessly answered every e-mail and phone call we sent her way. She had a fantastic selection of vendors for every detail of the wedding. Her creative vision for the design and decor of both the wedding and the reception perfectly captured all of our expectations for a magical night. Jennifer and her team made sure everything went smoothly all evening long and allowed us to relax and enjoy the occasion. Her suggestion to have a balloon drop at midnight to ring in the New Year created a moment all of us will long remember. I would not have wanted to go through this experience without Jennifer. I recommend The Finer Things Event Planning without reservation.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Lauren B

Jen was incredible to work with. She was the first vendor I booked 2 year before my wedding date. After my first meeting with her I knew I had to book her. She has a ton of experience and has an outstanding network of vendors she works with that will make your dream wedding come... Read More true. She chose the best vendors for me in the budget that I required. She paid attention to detail and was always available for assistance via email/phone. She lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders throughout the wedding planning process. There are so many tasks that she completed that I could not have imagined doing all by myself. During the wedding weekend, Jen made it so that my family and I did not have to lift a finger. Everything ran so smoothly because of her and her team. Even when there were small hiccups Jen came to the rescue and solved the issue in no time at all. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we are still getting compliments weeks later from all of our guests saying that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Thank you Jen for all of your hard work for the 2 years you worked with us. You had the magic touch that made our wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Stephanie D

I have no words for how wonderful Jennifer and her team are. The entire planning process from start to finish was an amazing experience and I could not have done this without them! My wedding was a fairytale and couldn't have been possible without the effort and work that... Read More Jennifer put into this. It was beyond perfect and I am so thankful for everything they've done!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Nikki S

Best wedding planner I could have ever asked for! Just when I needed the most help, The Finer Things lead planner and owner, Jennifer Kontomerkos, was right there making sure all the details were getting done leaving me with very little stress leading up to my wedding day. Thank... Read More you to the entire Finer Things staff for making my dream wedding come true!

Super Duper!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016

Jennifer and her team are a must! This is the second time my family has used their services and would consider them to be part of the family :-)

Very Professional

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Courtney Phillips P

Jennifer, with The Finer Things Event Planning, was extremely professional and organized! I had some difficult vendors to work with, and she was able to handle them in a professional manner! She also took care of all the "little" things that become overwhelming closers to the... Read More big day! That really made a difference to me and my sanity!

2015-10-30T11:29:41 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the feedback Courtney!

The Finer Things Event Planning is the best choice I made!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jennifer D

Jennifer was absolutely amazing to work with, she is by far the most professional, kind and organized person that I've ever met and very knowledgeable of the industry and what works best for any situation. If you have a chance to book her I would certainly do it- with the advice... Read More and expertise you end up saving more money than you would not booking! Jennifer and her team did such an amazing job decorating my wedding as well, it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined and I am forever thankful, if I could give a 10 star rating I would! Her relationships with other vendors in the industry and timeline structure made it so much less stressful for us and easier to plan. I would recommend this be the first vendor that you book as soon as you get engaged!

Wedding Perfection Delivered By This Super Talented Team!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Rachel A

I know what I like and I know what I want when given choices. Being a very new business owner I knew I needed to hire a professional wedding planner to stream line the process and to provide me with options of tried and true vendors to work with for our wedding at The Ohio... Read More Statehouse. Like every girl I wanted my day to be special, memorable and beautiful. I did my thorough research and decided to call Jennifer at The Finer Things. This was the very best decision I made throughout the entire wedding planning process. Jennifer, Brooke and team are quality people and define true professionalism! Along the way we even built an amazing friendship. I know I am an opinionated Bride and I definitely like to weigh my options. I met with many vendors for music, flowers, officiates and photographers that were recommended by Jennifer. We put together an all star wedding team lineup. Every detail leading up to the wedding and on that day were perfection. Jennifer and team was very accessible and communicated to us quickly to answer any questions. Having a wedding planner and especially it being The Finer Things Staff made my life and my fiancés life much easier during this joyous yet hectic time. It was extremely helpful that they made timelines for our wedding party that we emailed to them in advance so that everything was executed perfectly. Class, Style, Professionalism and Perfection set The Finer Thing apart from the rest....."It is your wedding day".....seek the BEST! Love, Rachel & Ryan R&R #rcharmingwedding

Jennifer and team are nothing short of amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

The best decision I ever made throughout the wedding planning process was to hire Jennifer from Finer Things as my wedding planner! I can't imagine planning a wedding without her. She understood my vision from day one and truly brought it to life! At our room reveal, I was in... Read More awe of how the entire event came together. Without her team, things would have never looked as perfectly as they did that day. She is the most organized person I have ever met and was extremely responsive to all of our questions both via email and phone, sometimes around the clock! Jennifer is so passionate about what she does and it is reflected in her obvious commitment to her clients. I would highly recommend her services and would love to work with her on any future upcoming events in my life!

Great company

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Gifty K

Jennifer and her team did a great job in putting our events together. We had a traditional Ghanaian ceremony and a western ceremony and both days were spectacular. Jennifer did a great job in researching my culture and working with us to make sure both ceremonies turned out... Read More just as we wanted it. The vendors recommended by Jennifer's company were awesome and did spectacular jobs (flowers, general design, hair and make up, picture and video). We were very pleased with how everything turned out and the planning process towards the two days went well. Jennifer had wonderful suggestions that added to the beautiful nature of the wedding. I loved everything and I will definitely use this company again. Thank you for everything Jennifer and team

Finer Things Event Planning - Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/13/2014

I would highly recommend Finer Things Event Planning to anyone in need of a wedding planner. The service and designs are remarkable. Our wedding was beautiful in all aspects. Thank you Finer Things.

The Finer Things Event Planning

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

We used The Finer Things Event Planning for both the planning and the day of the event. They did an outstanding job from the beginning to the end. Jennifer was professional, well organized, creative, and detail driven. Her recommendations for vendors could not have been... Read More better, as I would give all of them Five Stars. The amount of orchestration they handled the day of the wedding was impressive, as we used a venue that provided nothing in the way of support other than the facility itself. I would highly recommend The Finer Things Event Planning because I am confident her team will deliver whatever style of wedding a bride is looking for, and make the parents' life at lot less hectic.

Lifesavers!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Meghan O

The Finer Things Event Planning was one of the best decisions I made throughout the planning process. When I first got engaged, I was overwhelmed by it all - the timeline, all the vendors - I had no idea where to start. Jennifer and her staff are nothing short of professionals.... Read More They know the industry, they know the vendors, and will guide you from start to finish. Jennifer went above and beyond, graciously attending meetings with vendors, our food tasting, just to make sure we were comfortable and getting exactly what we wanted. She truly made our lives so much easier - I couldn't have done it without her!! When your event weekend comes, she brings her A game and then some. Every detail is perfect, every crisis handled before you even had time to find out about it (trust me, there will be at least one!). She brought our vision to life and truly exceeded our expectations. Thank you to Jennifer and her staff - you guys are awesome. I highly recommend them to any future bride or anyone in need of top notch event planning services.

BEST IN TOWN!!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Courtney G

I absolutely cannot say enough wonderful things about Jennifer Kontomerkos of The Finer Things Event Planning. Quite simply, she made every single one of my wedding dreams come true. Not only is Jennifer completely up-to-date with the latest wedding trends, she’s creative,... Read More innovative, detail oriented and makes you feel like you are her only client. She responded within minutes to every single text and email I sent and met with me frequently. Jennifer is calm under pressure, efficient, driven, patient, funny and is extraordinarily talented at her job. Jennifer really took the time to understand my vision and listened to every idea I had, taking them in and collaborating with me to create an even more perfect idea. Jennifer made my 18 month engagement an extremely happy time in my life, handling every single stressful situation with ease. I do not know how anyone plans a wedding without the help of The Finer Things Event Planning!!!

Best In Class Ohio Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Lucinda T

Jennifer and her team were excellent from Day 1. Jennifer's high levels of business acumen set her apart from the rest of the planners we interviewed in Columbus and her resulting professionalism the 1.5 years we worked with her while planning our wedding was best in class. We... Read More were planning the Columbus wedding from St Louis and then Dallas so the process was daunting enough being long distance and we never felt the pressure of not knowing if we were making the right decisions on vendors, etc because we trusted Jennifer. She also has a great way of offering the vendors that will best suit your personality. She has a large number of great connections in the community and was also able to help us negotiate for discounts wherever possible. Her team the week and the day of the wedding was amazing and I can honestly say our Wedding Day was much much more fun, less stressful and overall more successful because of her and her team. She is the best without a doubt and I will continue to hire her for whatever I possibly can - if she will let me!

Mrs. D

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Caitlin D

Jennifer is the best! She was extremely organized and always willing to help with any situation. My wedding was completely stress free!

The Finer Things Event Planning

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Rosemary R

Our journey with Jennifer began in January 2013. Our daughter wanted her wedding in Columbus, OH area. Our daughter lives in Lexington, KY and we live 50 miles south of Columbus. From the first time we met Jennifer, we knew she was exactly what we needed. During the next... Read More eighteen months, Jennifer guided us to fantastic vendors, working appointment times to coincide with times when our daughter would be home. She had every detail of the wedding intimately and beautifully planned, from the table linens to the invitations. She and my daughter worked together very well and Jennifer provided excellent advice. I would highly recommend Jennifer and her team for anyone planning their wedding. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and many of our guests have commented that it was the most beautiful wedding they ever attended. That is due to the excellent planning skills of Jennifer and the wonderful vendors that she led us to.

Best wedding planner ever

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Carol H

Working with Jennifer from the Finer Things event Planning was a true pleasure from start to finish. I never imagined that I could go through the planning process without any stress. Jennifer is a true professional in every sense of the word. She had wonderful contacts for all... Read More the services we needed and kept our costs within the budget. She also handled so many of the tasks such as: mailing the save the date and invitation, receiving all rsvps, sending daily updates of responses, making and planning gift bags for hotel guests, picking up and delivering party favors and the list goes on. Everyone needs a "Jennifer" on their big day.

Jennifer Kontomerkos

Hello! My name is Jennifer Kontomerkos and I am the owner and lead planner of The Finer Things Event Planning. Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me and my company! I can't wait to hear from you!