Wedding Receptions with European Flaire

The Freelance Chef LLC is geared towards the wedding couple who want to WOW their guests with real food! Everything we cook is done on site including the bread. We offer “Live Chef” events, where your guests see everything being cooked. We hide nothing from you. If your wedding venue doesn’t have a kitchen, no problem. We will arrange everything you need to have in order to keep your guests talking about how great your wedding meal was for years to come. We offer a truly personal service that is planned through your free in person consultation. We will also travel to do site visits of your reception venue for free. We offer beverage service, party rental, and party tent rental. We are a one-stop-shop to make your event the success of your dreams!

Cuisine

Hawaiian, Southern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

4829 Langdon Drive, Brighton, MI Michigan, Northern Ohio, Northern Indiana (313) 427-0626

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Chynna R

I was unsure if Chef Jay would be in our budget when I received the original quote. But he assured me that we could make cuts and told me that he would get back to me with a revised budget on June 15th. However, when asked about it, every time he said that he was still working... Read More on it. Then we decided to meet up on Sept. 3, so I prepared my own suggestions, thinking that we would just go over the budget then. We set the time for 3. He did not show up. I called him and left a voicemail asking what was going on and asking if he needed directions. He called at 3:30 saying that he was still a half hour out. No apology. No explanation. At that point, my family, who had come along as well, were very disappointed and we decided not to go through with the meeting. If you are an hour late to the consultation with no courtesy call, who is to say that you will be on time to the wedding? I am not going to spend several thousand dollars on someone who doesn't think its worth it to show up on time. Later this evening I received an immensely condescending and rude email, saying that I "probably would have been a nightmare", all for expecting him to show up on time and work with our budget, or at least be honest about not being able to produce what we wanted in our budget. He very easily could have given us the second quote with the cuts and let us decide if we could afford him. But instead he strung us along and treated us like second class citizens. I cannot express how disappointed I am with Chef Jay. And I just hope that this post will dissuade other brides from pursuing his work, only to be left hanging with an incredibly unprofessional and belittling email from a chef that stood them up.

2017-09-03T20:33:22 Response from the vendor

Dear Chynna. If you are going to quote from an email sent to you, please have the guts to add your name, and the whole email. "Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Unfortunately, we cannot do noon. We discussed between 3-5. My... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Veronica B

I have now used The Freelance Chef LLC for 4+ events including my bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, and my friend's bridal shower. Chef Michael Jay always exceeds our expectations in professionalism, knowledge in numerous foods around the world, and is always reasonably... Read More priced. We are never disappointed, and enjoy working with him to map out the perfect menu for each event. He is always prompt responding to questions and our guests are never disappointed with our food choices that he meticulously puts together! I highly recommend Chef Michael Jay with The Freelance Chef LLC for all of your catering needs!!

Michael Jay

Chef Mike Jay and his team set out some 10 years ago to put great wedding food a much needed face lift. Having trained at the same time & place as Gordon Ramsey, he wants to show Brides to be that Wedding food does not have to be Fried Chicken & Baked Pasta. Having traveled around the world, cooking for celebrities, royalty, & business leaders, The Freelance Chef is on a mission to give weddings a much needed makeover.