The Gallery

Kansas City, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Gallery

A BALLROOM IN KANSAS CITY, MO

The Gallery Event Space is a gorgeous venue option for couples in and around Kansas City, Missouri. Located in the city's Power and Light District, the Gallery is one of the largest event spaces in the city. It has 9,000 square feet of open space, with the ability to seat up to 400 guests for dinner. It features floor-to-ceiling windows with an outdoor balcony overlooking the Kansas City skyline. Couples note that the space is beautiful enough to stand alone without the need for excessive decorations, while still neutral enough to fit the theme of any wedding. Additionally, the Gallery is known for their impressive catering, which includes many options for a cocktail reception, buffet or plated dinner.

Unique options such as a mashed potato bar and grilled cheese with tomato soup shooters make the catering stand out from the standard reception fare. Additionally, guests have the option to have part of their event at the Kill Devil Club, which is adjacent to the Gallery and which has been nominated for a 'Best Bar' Midwest' award by Food and Wine Magazine. The event staff are accommodating and helpful, making the Gallery an easy choice for couples looking for a spacious and beautiful wedding venue.

The Gallery gives couples an option of all-inclusive wedding packages. These packages include access to the full venue the day of the wedding, which includes a bridal suite for relaxing and getting ready. It also includes all set up and tear down, a choice of black or white linens, cake cutting and sound equipment, including microphones. The Gallery uses fine china and silverware for all receptions. A wedding coordinator is on-site to help for the duration of the event. All food and beverage service is done in-house; outside catering is not allowed, with the exception of cakes. The wedding packages vary in terms of what food and beverage options are available and are generally priced per guest.

The Gallery is located within walking distance of five downtown hotels, making it easy for out-of-town guests to spend the night. Additionally, the Gallery offers some other unique perks to couples and their guests. These include:

• Special LED lighting with different color options to coordinate with the wedding theme
  • Private on-site parking
  • Ability to use the Kill Devil cocktail lounge, which is next to the Gallery, for a transition event between the ceremony and the reception
  • Projection screen and wall, if needed
  • All guests receive complimentary passes to KC Live, an music and entertainment venue within walking distance of the Gallery

An event space in the Power & Light District

Located in the heart of the Power & Light District and featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, dramatic finishes and a remarkable view of downtown from its outdoor balcony, The Gallery is an elegant urban venue ideal for your wedding reception, ceremony or rehearsal dinners.

Ballroom

61 E Street, Kansas City, MO (816) 842-1045

The ABSOLUTE BEST in KC!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Melissa P

There's no where else in Kansas City I could have imagined having my wedding reception at. Not only is the space magnificent and the food beyond amazing, but all the staff, especially Jessica Mullen, went above and beyond to ensure our wedding reception went smoothly. My family,... Read More my husband and I were able to enjoy every moment of our evening without worrying about a thing. We've received numerous compliments from our guests about the space and the food. I would 100% recommend anyone to use The Gallery Event Space in the future! I wish I could relive our night all over again!

Well done from beginning to end

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Erin T

Our daughter's wedding reception was exceptional, thanks to the staff at The Gallery. Jessica was incredibly attentive from our initial inquiry in October 2013 until we left at the end of a perfect evening in August 2014. She was on top of every detail during the entire... Read More reception. Chef was great to work with, and the food was very good. The banquet staff did their job well. The entire experience was great, but Jessica's professionalism and patience with us when we couldn't make a decision on the menu, and her genuine desire to make sure we were happy with everything, really stand out. A very positive experience! The event space itself is very nice. It could be bit overwhelming to decorate if that's not "your thing." But all it takes, really, is some lighting, table linens, flowers and, perhaps, some pipe & drape. When the room was all dressed up, it was beautiful! Be sure to go see the space when it's decorated for a wedding - it looks entirely different than it looks on a week day. We had a Tuscan-style head table, 25 guest tables, two double-sided buffet lines, two bars, a large dance floor and a decent sized area for cocktail tables for a brief cocktail time. The Gallery has a range of pricing options and packages, but don't be afraid to ask about customizing your own package. They are very accommodating!

You will be in great hands!

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Abbey L

My husband and I were married in June 2014 at the Gallery. Everything was handled very well & I didn't have to worry about a thing. Jessica was wonderful - we could have not been more pleased with how our wedding day went! Our guests loved everything & continue to tell us how... Read More perfect our big day was. Be sure to check them out for all of your event needs!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Katie Q

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. They provide day-of wedding coordination (Jessica & Bobbi are fabulous). The food is AMAZING. The cocktail hour was hosted across the hall at the Kill Devil Club (very cool lounge). Tons of hotels around for guests to stay and in a wonderful... Read More location across from P&L. It honestly does not get any better than this. I was at ease during the whole planning process and especially the day of. The reception could not have gone more smoothly and it was a blast. I would HIGHLY recommend The Gallery to anyone looking for a reception venue. Simply perfect!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Allie I

I looked at nearly every venue in KC and nothing compares to the gallery. The space is absolutely stunning and the staff is outstanding. I cannot rave about Jessica Mullen and her team enough for making my wedding day perfect. Jessica couldn't have been more helpful or... Read More accommodating. She made sure everything was perfect for my day. She even ran the music for my ceremony. My day wouldn't have run nearly as smooth without her. If your looking for a modern space for a large wedding, the gallery is your place. The location is unbeatable and the views are stunning. The Kill Devil is a must for your cocktail hour. Our guest loved it just as much as we did. Thank you Jessica and the rest of the Gallery for exceeding all of my wedding dreams!! I cannot imagine a better place to have my wedding.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Celine G

AMAZING is all that I can say about The Gallery! We fell in love with the space the second we toured it! Being that it is located in the heart of KC, it was perfect for all of our out of town guests! The view from the balcony is gorgeous and of course having power and light just... Read More across the street is super convenient for those who wanted to continue the party! In addition to the space being PERFECT, Jessica is absolutely the best!!! From the first time we met with her she was efficient, incredibly knowledgeable, puts you at ease and simply takes care of business. Any request that you have or any question that you have, without hesitation, she provides. Not only that, but she does so with calm and confidence. With the stressors that come up around wedding planning, she was such a relief to have. The food was great and the staff throughout the evening was attentive and professional. We have received SO many compliments from guests in regards to our reception and we truly have everyone at The Gallery, especially Jessica, to thank for these compliments. I highly recommend this venue to all brides!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

When looking at wedding reception venues the bride wanted a beautiful and memorable location and the mother of the bride wanted a venue that would allow for a worry free wedding reception. The Gallery exceeded our expectations in every area!! The location is the BEST! Also,... Read More Jessica Mullen made our entire experience so enjoyable! She quickly answered our many questions, coordinated the vendors, and managed the reception to perfection! It was a dream come true for the bride and groom as well as the parents of the bride!!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2016

The Gallery was absolutely perfect for our wedding and reception. From the beautiful ceremony to the fabulous cocktail hour in The Kill Devil Club to the magnificent reception, it could not have been more perfect. Everyone kept telling us that night and ever since how fabulous... Read More they thought the space was! Jessica, at The Gallery was accommodating, flexible, patient and so easy to work with in helping us make our event one we will never forget!!

Reviewed on 3/01/2016

I looked everywhere in the Kansas City area and this was by far one of the best venues, that could also accommodate a large wedding reception. The staff was amazing and extremely helpful throughout the entire process. I could not have asked for a smoother wedding reception with... Read More great menu options.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Katie S

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Gallery Event Space, we had our cocktail hour in the Kill Devil Club and I was very pleased with everything!! Jessica was absolutely amazing, she would get back with us quickly, was very dependable and everything, I mean... Read More everything, was done to perfection. The food was wonderful, no one had to wait at the bar to get a drink. Everything was wonderful. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Brittanie W

BEST wedding venue EVER!!!! Not only did I get the venue that was absolutely perfect for my dream wedding because it provided us with our ceremony, cocktail hour, AND reception space all in one, but it was a package deal with: TWO wedding coordinators, catering (with seriously... Read More some of the BEST food in all of Kansas City), bartenders, tables, chairs, and AMAZING location in KC's trendy Power and Light District. It was SO nice not having to mess with additional outside vendors for catering, tables, chairs, linens, etc. Also, I cannot rave enough about Jessica, The Gallery's head event coordinator!! For starters, she was fabulous with working with our budget and getting us what we wanted for our pricing. Also, I was planning this Kansas City wedding while living four hours away in St. Louis, so I had limited availability for traveling to KC for wedding appointments, walk-thrus, etc. But Jessica was always SO accommodating with my funky schedule. I seriously went to the venue for numerous reasons throughout the whole wedding planning process probably 15-20 times and I never had trouble getting in to see the venue and talk to Jessica. And she was always so great with input and suggestions on things for the wedding that I would've Never thought of but were super important to the wedding. The day of the wedding she made sure everything was setup and decorated just like how I wanted (seriously, I cried when I walked into the venue before the ceremony and saw everything set up and decorated for the first time-it was PER-FECT!). That was great not having to stress about setting up for the wedding or assign friends or family members to do so because I knew it was all in good hands with Jessica and her team of workers. Throughout the evening of the wedding, she was always running around doing things behind the scenes and probably putting out fires (figuratively, haha) that I wasn't ever even aware of. How many venues come with something (someone) like that?! As for the event space itself, it was perfect for what my groom and I were looking for: modern, chic, and classy. I love the back wall that is all windows and doors that slide open to the balcony that overlooks the Power and Light District. I love the lounge area with the trendy white leather furniture. I love that the Kill Devil Club was just across the hall for cocktail hour and was just as upscale as the rest of The Gallery. Having cocktail hour there allowed for Jessica and her workers to flip the room from ceremony to reception. I love the fun light panels on the ceiling that change colors. I could go on, by basically, I LOVED this venue (in case you couldn't already tell) and would HIGHLY recommend it!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Laurie O

Austin and I got married at The Gallery on April 11th-the coordinator, Jessica, and staff did a tremendous job executing our special day-it was flawless! We were so happy with the food, service, and atmosphere that The Gallery event space provided. We got so many compliments on... Read More it and are still reliving our day!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Whitney K

The Gallery Event Space is a phenomenal venue. We could not have picked a better place to hold our wedding reception on June 6, 2015. The space is super open and clean. It is a gorgeous space on its own or it can act like blank slate that you can transform & decorate to match... Read More your wedding style. The food is delicious & the servers and bartenders go above and beyond to make sure all guests are happy. The outdoor space was more of a hit with our guests than we expected -- I loved the different view of KC from there and our guests enjoyed drinks and cigars out there. Jessica was awesome to work with throughout our entire time booking & all the way through our event. She was more than flexible with our special requests and handled sticky situations so beautifully and with grace. She is very organized and detailed to make sure everything is perfect & how you want it. I decided to do my own flowers for my wedding and she was kind enough to accommodate all my craziness in doing that. Our vendors (Lost Wax Band, Platinum Productions & Adam Hanly Photography) also love working with Jessica & The Gallery which is a huge plus. Everyone was so happy with how smooth the evening went and my family and friends are still giving us compliments on how great the space was. Everything was just perfect & if we had the chance to do it over again we would pick The Gallery hands down.

Beautiful venue, great location

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Erin P

We knew as soon as we walked into this place that our reception should be here. Overall, we received great reviews from our guests on this place. The food was good, the ambiance was great, and the location couldn't be beat. As an out of town couple, it did seem a little... Read More hectic trying to finalize things so close to the day of; however, in the end everything worked out perfectly. Jessica does a really great job helping you to figure out what is best for your guests.

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Katie Jo B

Words cannot do this place justice. We planned our January 2, 2015 wedding in less than 6 months, and we never could have done it without Jessica Mullen at the Gallery. She is phenomenal! Working with her was fantastic. She is organized, answers emails and questions promptly,... Read More and is very thoughtful about the details and planning that goes into the day. She walked us through our options at the beginning, so we knew what to expect. The all-inclusive packages that the Gallery offers meant that our wedding planning was (comparative to other venues we looked at) a very stress-free experience. Not having to worry about additional fees, coordinating with caterers, etc, meant that we could just enjoy the process. And, Jessica was very flexible about working with our schedule. She actually let us drop some decorations off the night before, so we wouldn't have to stress about it day-of the wedding! This is the kind of thoughtful, accommodating experience we had at the Gallery. Jessica also guided the wedding reception beautifully. She coordinated with our photographers and DJ to keep the night moving. It went seamlessly, and she even made sure that my husband and I got to eat! I truly cannot say enough great things about working with Jessica. It takes a lot of faith to put your wedding in the hands of one venue, but we felt comfortable enough to do that. One meeting with her and we knew she would do a fantastic job. The venue itself is STUNNING. We looked all over Kansas City for our venue, and we knew the moment we walked in that this was the place for us! The location simply cannot be beat. (Note: in the winter, the Christmas decorations remain up until mid January, making the outdoor balcony a dream!) The Gallery is an ideal size for larger weddings. It also provides the perfect place for people to take pictures. In particular, the couches and artwork on the wall add a nice backdrop for photos (our guests took a million pictures), and having such a large dance floor meant that our photographers had space to move around and capture the night. The Gallery was the perfect space to get great pictures--the Gallery has great lighting, lots of colorful lighting, and a white backdrop that made it ideal for good dance floor pictures! Also, the venue can be set up in multiple ways, so our wedding reception was customized to our own preferences and style. Lastly, this review wouldn't be complete without talking about the food! We heard from several people that this was the best "wedding food" they had ever had. We certainly felt that way! The quality of the food and presentation is very comparable to a top Kansas City restaurant. Overall, I really cannot imagine there is any better place in Kansas City to have a wedding reception. It was truly perfect!

KC Bride's Look No Further...

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Tracey B

We were married on August 16, 2014 and had our cocktail hour at The Kill Devil Club (across the foyer from The Gallery) and moved our guests into The Gallery for dinner and the reception. From the moment we stepped into The Gallery I knew we had found the perfect spot - the... Read More space is gorgeous! Couple that with Jessica (amazing wedding coordinator for The Gallery) our night was everything we could have hoped it to be. Everyone said through the planing process, something will go wrong and you will just have to deal with it - but, I can honestly say not one thing went wrong, I had zero stress about the reception because Jessica and her staff were so organized and on top of every detail. We had feedback from guests that the space was amazing, the food delicious and overall one of the best receptions they had been to. For any event, I would highly recommend this event space. The convenience of being in the heart of downtown and Jessica and her team really make this the perfect venue. I can 100% say if I had to do it over again I wouldn't change a thing!

Wedding reception at the Gallery

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

I cannot say enough about the wonderful experience we had planning our daughter's wedding reception at this venue. We live in another city and they were very accomodating concerning our trips to Kansas City to meet with them during the planning process. The wedding... Read More coordinator of TheGallery , Jessica Mullen, was incredibly helpful the entire time. Her knowledge and experience made us totally comfortable that everything we requested was done. She handled every detail and the during the reception there was nothing for us to worry about. The food was wonderful, offered a variety of unique choices and beautifully presented. Everyone in the service staff was helpful and professional. The tasting they provided was a delightful evening and they took our suggestions and incorporated them into the choices we made. Our guests were raving about the food all evening. The setting was beautiful for an urban wedding and the only complaint we had was that the evening went too quickly!

Choose The Gallery

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Kendra S

The Gallery is a fantastic choice for a reception. The food is absolutely amazing and the staff is PHENOMENAL! I am not exaggerating when I say that. From the second we sat down we had a waitress pouring our complimentary champagne (for the head table) and another waitress... Read More coming to ask what I would like to drink. I was never without attention. The staff is so attentive and courteous. The food is amazing and worth every penny! We were hesitant in doing an all in one type package, but I would highly recommend this place in the future to any bride. Jessica, the event coordinator is incredibly thorough and hooked us up with passes and freebies in the P&L every time we made a trip to KC (we live in Colorado). She worked with us on a special shot we wanted served in lieu of the champagne toast and everything went off without a hitch! The Gallery was the perfect place for our reception and I could not have hoped for a better venue.

Exceeded all expectations

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Betsy L

I would go through the planning process all over again if it meant I got to have my wedding at the Gallery again! From our first visit to the last call, everything was exceptional. Jessica is top notch- she was organized, responsive, friendly and so patient. She was always one... Read More step ahead and executed exactly what we discussed. The food is phenomenal and the Chef accommodated a few special requests. The space itself is gorgeous and the view makes the night. I cannot say enough positive things about Jessica and the Gallery- it was all perfection!

Best night ever

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Anne M

I had a wonderful experience working with The Gallery and Jessica. They were very accommodating. Our wedding reception was absolutely perfect! You really can't beat the location. The after party at The Kill Devil was fun too!

A True Fairytale!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Summer S

This space is beautiful, classy, and modern. Perfect for any bride wanting a venue that can stand alone without a lot of decorations. Jessica gave us a perfect night with delicious food, impeccable service, and consistent support throughout our engagement. I highly recommend... Read More this venue to all brides. I promise you will get EXACTLY what you want!

Book at The Gallery

Reviewed on 10/20/2013

As soon as the wedding planning started I knew I wanted an 'all in one' venue in downtown or with a view of the downtown skyline. The Gallery provided both. Our ceremony and reception were held at The Gallery. The weather was perfect so everyone got to enjoy the balcony... Read More overlooking the Power & Light district. We had a seated dinner with entrée options of salmon, chicken and vegetarian. The service was professional and efficient and the guests were impressed with their dinner and wine selection. The coordinator at the The Gallery was more than helpful during the planning process and the day of making sure everything ran smoothly and offering solutions to problems created by outside vendors. By the time my husband and I sat down for dinner during the reception he was already saying how everything turned out better than he could have imagined. And that was due to what having our ceremony and reception at The Gallery provided - the wedding of our dreams for a more than reasonable price.

Mrs. Shermineh Foy (Formerly Shermineh Adib)

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Shermineh A

This wedding venue is OUTSTANDING!!! I cannot tell you how wonderful the staff, especially the coordinator Jessica was. She worked so well with us. They are flexible and positive the entire way and work incredibly hard to make your wedding exactly what you want. They offer... Read More such a unique space and an incredible location with an amazing view that you cannot compete with any other venue in the KC area. Please do not hesitate to make an appointment with the Gallery. It will be a wedding your family and friends will be talking about for years. Thank you everyone at the Gallery Sher and Michael Foy

Bride

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Liat a

We got married at the Gallery Event Space this summer (2013) and planned the wedding from the East Coast. Jessica, our coordinator there, was a pleasure to work with. We appreciated how organized, helpful, and responsive she was (especially via email)! The space itself was... Read More beautiful and there was alot of ease in throwing the wedding in a venue made for weddings! Acoustics were great for speeches and the dance floor was perfect! The location and balcony were also an added perk. Overall we would definitely recommend this venue to others!

A Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Ali M

When looking for a place to hold the reception for my wedding, I couldn't stop thinking about The Gallery Event Space. Like most brides, I visited numerous event spaces looking for the perfect place to celebrate my marriage. When I went on a tour at the Gallery, I was blown... Read More away by the space! It is clean, modern, and elegant. One wall of the Gallery is made of windows that overlook downtown Kansas City-a great space! It is such a unique space that was pleasing to the eye. The food that is provided was spectacular! My fiance and I went in to taste the food before we chose the menu. We were able to select three food options to offer guests. We chose a plated dinner option yet there is also a buffet option available. The guests were raving about the food because it was so good! It did not taste like the chef had mass produced food for 200 people. It tasted as if the food was prepared especially for me. The beer and wine selection was great! There were between 5-10 beers available for guests to choose from, in addition to a white and red wine. I also allowed guests to purchase their own hard alcoholic drinks from the bar if they wished yet beer and wine was free for guests all night. The event coordinator at the Gallery, Jessica Mullen, is absolutely wonderful to work with! She was willing to help me in any way possible. She was easy to contact by phone and email leading up to the wedding to plan my special day. She wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. She even came up to me during the reception to ask how my food was and asked if I needed anything. This was a nice touch to show that she genuinely cared and wanted to make sure my day was perfect. I did not have a wedding planner and planned my wedding during my senior year of college. The Gallery Event Space was the perfect choice for me because it was similar to a 'one stop shop' for almost all your wedding needs. I did not have time to call several different businesses to rent my dinnerware, glassware, flatware, tables, chairs, food, etc-The Gallery includes that all! The only thing that I had to bring into the Gallery was my decorations, DJ, and cake. I would highly recommend The Gallery Event Space to anyone. It is a large space and can accommodate a large group. I had 200 guests and there was plenty of room, even with a large dance floor. I hope I get the opportunity to visit The Gallery Event Space for another wedding soon!