The Gardens at The Kelly Gallery

Overland Park, KS

The Gardens are home to personalized events, memor

The Gardens at The Kelly Gallery has been a well known and cherished part of Overland Park for over 20 years. Owner Kelly Daniels originally designed the beautiful English Gardens specifically for her art - portrait photography. The layout of The Gardens provide picturesque scenes from any perspective, creating a beautiful and peaceful wedding experience. The Gardens at The Kelly Gallery offer 10 acres of beautiful flowers, trees, gazebos, and a beautiful pond with a bridge and waterfall, providing numerous ceremony locations with the sounds of nature for an ideal outdoor wedding and reception. For a scenic, calm, and inviting outdoor wedding experience, The Gardens at The Kelly Gallery is the perfect wedding venue.

• Outdoor - Covered

Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Backyard, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Tented, Trees

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

17315 Antioch Rd, Overland Park, KS (913) 897-7340
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jenna F

My husband and I had the most perfect wedding at the Kelly Gallery. Hands down the best outdoor venue. The grounds there are absolutely stunning. Kelly and Bri did an amazing job with our photos as well. Bri was extremely helpful to me with the wedding preparation and did an... Read More amazing job keeping me calm and collected. Kelly is such a wonderful photographer. I could not say enough about how perfect the Kelly Gallery is. I will never forget the beautiful wedding that we had here. My guests all had amazing compliments for the scenery. PERFECT VENUE!! LOVE THE KELLY GALLERY!! AMAZING STAFF, AMAZING PHOTOS, AND AMAZING SCENERY!!

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Jenn B

This place was a wonderful find! It is well away from the hustle and bustle of Kansas City--all you can hear is the wind in the trees. Beautiful outdoor venue, and Kelly takes beautiful photos. Her compositions are so natural, and have such appealing light quality and feel... Read More like "moments" she just captured. She has a good eye for catching these kinds of moments, and her place is designed specifically for photographing. The atmosphere and Kelly herself are very relaxed. Every time I met with her to discuss my wedding plans, I left feeling less stressed and that getting married was actually pretty easy. The actual day of the wedding, she was a HUGE help, going above and beyond our expectations. She has recently installed a permanent onsite reception tent, which we used in our wedding. My entire family (and my now in-laws) were impressed by her venue and her photos. I highly recommend, especially if you want to work with someone who is relaxed and want to get married somewhere tucked away from the city and tranquil. It was perfect for our small outdoor wedding.

A Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Gina E

My daughter found this venue and knew from the minute she saw it, she wanted to have her wedding here. She made a fantastic choice! The garden setting, pond and big white tent offered the perfect background for her special day. The grounds were obviously well-loved and cared... Read More for. I look at the photos of the wedding and still find it hard to believe this was my daughter's wedding. It was like being in a fairy tale. I highly recommend The Kelly Gallery for anyone dreaming of a fairy tale garden wedding.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Charlie M

Venue was great, we were able to visit several times to coordinate everything we would be doing and thankfully everything went smoothly! We also had Kelly do our photos, I will update this review to include the photography as soon as I get photos.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Savannah V

I fell in love with the Kelly Gallery the minute I saw it! I received great service from both Kelly and Bri! I felt very comfortable while staying at the carriage house. Kelly is very laid back and easy to work with. The Kelly Gallery is like no other venue! I toured many other... Read More venues who were very expensive and had many rules and restrictions. The Kelly Gallery is gorgeous and very reasonable in price! Not to mentioned the amazing pictures that both Bri and Kelly captured! I was very surprised to see so many great photos as I had four young children in my wedding party who were very active and hyper during the shots. Kelly and Bri worked very well with the children in my wedding party. Thank you so much for make our Big Day so special!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Nissa A

Magical nature escape! Every time my family and I come to The Kelly Gallery, we are in awe. We booked our wedding here, have had family portraits done by Kelly, and we also attend the Blue River Forest School hosted here. Kelly and her staff are down to earth and ensure all... Read More guests are taken care of, as if we are family. The gardens are breathtaking and romantic, complete with a pond, ducks, gazebos, secret paths, a fire pit, an open sky for the perfect sunset views, a big white tent for hosting, and a carriage house for event use, as well. The Kelly Gallery sets itself apart from all other venues because of its uniqueness and Kelly's loving approach to all activities hosted here.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kristen M

You WILL NOT find a more gorgeous and convenient garden venue than The Kelly Gallery. The property is so lush and scenic. I love the pond with the ducks and the amazing willow tree to be married under. Also, there is a cute little carriage house you and your hubby to be can stay... Read More the night in. You'll wake up the day of your wedding in a gorgeous white room to the sounds of nature. Kelly and Brie are super sweet, accommodating and helpful as well. You can feel their love of photography, nature and weddings. Trust me and choose The Gardens at the Kelly Gallery for your perfect outdoor ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Bailey P

We LOVED having our wedding at The Kelly Gallery! Kelly and her crew were amazing. They captured the most beautiful pictures of our day, and asked us what we wanted so that everything was personal and meaningful to us. They answered all of our questions and helped us plan for... Read More the ceremony and reception so that there were no unanswered questions or concerns on our big day. We are so thankful we chose to get married here!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Breann F

My wedding couldn't have had a better venue! The Kelly Gallery was the perfect choice! Wonderful staff, and amazing help, made my planning less stressful.

Perfect Outdoor Wedding Location

Reviewed on 6/10/2014

My daughter just had her wedding at The Kelley Gallery. It is an absolutely beautiful location for a smaller outdoor wedding. The tent with the wood floor was a really nice plus for us since we had a rainy week before the wedding. Also, it was perfect for families with kids,... Read More since they were able to feed the fish in the pond, actually fish and catch the fish, and have room to run around. After the wedding we all felt like we would not have changed a thing if we did it over again. The bride and groom were very happy with their special day. We hired Sara, who works at the Kelly Gallery to help coordinate the day of the wedding and she was fabulous. We couldn't have managed without her help. I highly reccomend this venue for your wedding or event.

Beautiful Property. Inexperienced & Unprofessional Owner/Management

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Jessica C

The property is beautiful and well maintained. This is the main reason I booked the venue and to that end it met my expectations. However, in all other ways, it did not. I have grown up in the wedding business. My mom is a well-known coordinator in the KC area and we have... Read More successfully managed hundreds of weddings/events. Based on our experience, I can tell you reception venues have an event manager. They are responsible for following (or setting) a timeline (we provided a very detailed timeline to the owner Kelly and spent two hours during our final meeting reviewing it and doing a property walk through). In addition, the manager makes sure your vendors arrive and things run smoothly. They are responsible for making sure the bride and groom and families are happy and have everything they need. There responsibility is to MANAGE the event. To this end I was EXTREMELY disappointed with Kelly. She promised us she would fulfill certain responsibilities outlined in the timeline (highlighted for her convenience) and would manager the event with an assistant. She was not even at the event. The only thing I can credit Kelly with is getting tent heaters because it got pretty cold on our wedding day. Now, where to start... We got ready at the house which was dirty(cobwebs and dead flies in the room). Kelly also does portrait photography and her ethics are very questionable. We hired an outside photographer (you pay a fee to do this) and we specifically asked Kelly not to take photos but to focus on the event management. Our photographer is one of the best in KC so we didn't need her photos too. Kelly actually had the audacity to ask her "assistant" to follow our photographer so she could copy his photos! We know this because her assistant told us. We had to ask her to kindly stop twice. Then, during the ceremony, Kelly was sneaking around behind us taking photos. Our hired photographer had to go out of his way to make sure she wasn't in the shots (many had to be trashed). Shortly there after, she posted her photos on Facebook taking credit for the event as her own. She had no permission to do so and didn't give credit to our amazing florist or event designer. After the ceremony, Kelly and her assistant were no where to be found. My friends who actually took over running the event saw her take plates of cookies off our display before we had even cut the cake (or guests had gone through - a huge no no in this business)and retreat into the house. There was no manager working with the catering company to ensure dinner was served on time, no one that checked up on us to see if we needed anything, etc. She never even came into the tent or said congratulations. Later in the night, I went to the house and I found Kelly entertaining her entire family (who was in town) around the dinner table. We helped get Kelly's business off the ground initially-we were the second wedding she booked and she asked my mom for her industry experience. My mom spent countless hours planning her Open House, writing her contracts, putting her in touch with vendors, giving advice, etc. We worked professionally with Kelly on her open houses and her ethics were questioned here as well (not giving credit on FB). She cares about bettering herself and she ruined my wedding day. My mom and I were beyond stressed and I am so embarrassed my friends had to work b/c Kelly didn't do her job. Moral of the story if you book here-hire a outside planner!

The Kelly Gallery Rocks!

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Erica

The Kelly Gallery was THE ONE AND ONLY place to hold our special event and it only made sense to have her photograph the wedding as well. I've already seen some of the pictures and they are amazing! We held our wedding ceremony in the private gardens, and it was everything we... Read More had hoped it would be. The gardens and flowers, the gazebos, the ducks swimming in the pond... It all made for a wonderful day. We held our cocktail hour and reception under a beautiful tent that just topped off the entire event. I have to say, the tent was impressive and the view was to die for. The venue is so private and secluded and Kelly and her staff make you feel like you are right at home. Everyone on the staff has such a beautiful positive energy and everything was stress free from day one. I would go back there every year to have an event because the place is just so breathtaking and I loved working with everybody involved. Also, my guests keep talking about how awesome the place was. Thanks, Kelly!

Kelly Daniels

Owner Kelly Daniels has been a professional photographer for 35 years. She began her career photographing people at Strauss Peyton, a high-end portrait studio located on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri. Kelly opened her portrait business in 1989 creating her private gardens as backgrounds for her photographic artwork she designs for homes throughout the Midwest. In addition to operating The Kelly Gallery, Kelly travels to photograph around the world.