The Gathering Place & Garden on Pine

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

6 Pine Street, Mount Joy, PA (717) 653-5911

Reviewed on 1/04/2017

2016 went out with a Sparkle(r) as Kelsey and Kenton Hock left The Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms from their wedding/reception held here on 12/31/16 to their honeymoon cruise. Catered by The Gathering Place from Mt. Joy, the venue and the staff at The Barn, headed by... Read More Shirley Hershey is way and above at making this venue choice and event as easy, stress free, and the place to be in the Lancaster, Elizabethtown region. Great job by all of you and Thanks so much. Now to the Gathering Place, Jim and Joanne Pinkerton are the best, from the first meeting at their place in Mt.Joy for the taste testing, through all the e-mails and phone calls to iron out the details, (as we are not local to them or the venue) Joanne was there every step of the way to make the day go so smooth from linen set up, to food prep, to desert, and everything in between, everything was 5 star PLUS from her and the staff. From the cherry and cinnamon bread to the prime rib, etc. every bite was delicious. To anyone planning a catered event in the Mt. Joy or surrounding area, I highly recommend The Gathering Place at Mt. Joy with Joanne, Jim, and the entire staff there. Thanks for assisting in making this special day in the life of our children so enjoyable and special!

amazing

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Katherine D

Everything went so well. Having been to and been in many weddings I kept waiting for something to go awry and there was nothing at all. The location was beautiful. The food was amazing. The comments from guests were either about the delicious food or the kind and attentive... Read More staff. Our ceremony was in the garden and the Pinkertons (who are the owners) added a table of water and juices to the patio to aid in everyone's heat tolerance. Joanne's cake was unbelievable in design and taste! They also were attentive to the dietary needs of my guests and worked with us to create a menu that would accommodate everyone. The best part about working with the Gathering Place is that they are experienced and established, so they had suggestions and protocols but were also extremely flexible and open to new ideas. They laid out every cost and procedure very clearly so there were no surprises. They also know many other vendors in the area and gave helpful suggestions when asked. We do not hesitate to recommend this to friends.

The Perfect Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 3/24/2013 Ashley C

We had our wedding reception in September 2012, and we absolutely loved everything! We had a small wedding of around 105 guests. We all worked hard to make this day the best that it could be. Everything was taken into consideration. Our wedding cake was UNBELIEVABLE, as well... Read More as the groom's cake that was made. By the time that my husband and I showed up at our reception, things were already done, and the party was underway. It could not have been a better night, and things could not have gone more smoothly. If things went wrong, we did not know about it; things were taken care of to let us enjoy the evening. The folks at The Gathering Place definitely know how to take care of a Wedding and make it a very memorable experience. I would (and do) tell everyone that I can how wonderful our wedding reception was!

Extraoridnary Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Ashley M

My fiance and I recently had our rehearsal dinner at The Gathering Place and it was the best choice we could have made for such a special evening. Throughout the planning process we were made to feel that our thoughts mattered and truly felt that they made every effort to make... Read More our event special. The food was excellent and the staff was so attentive and efficient. They really work well together as a team and move things along seamlessly. I would recommend The Gathering Place to any bride that is looking for a truly special place to celebrate with great service, quality and affordability.

The Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Rebecca W

I had my wedding ceremony at the gathering place. They have a new beautiful outdoor location. I also had an indoor reception at the gathering place following the ceremony. It was so convenient for everyone to have both the ceremony and reception at the same location. The... Read More gathering place staff is very accommodating and easy to work with. I was able to truly enjoy my wedding day with our any stress. Everything was beautiful and the food was excellent! Joanne who is one of the owners made the wedding cake and it was delicious and beautiful. I recommend the gathering place to anyone getting married. The prices were so reasonable and I can not think of anything that I would have changed about the day.