The Gathering Place at Darlington Lake

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

341 Elmwood Blvd., Darlington, PA

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Jennifer W

he gathering place at Darlington lake was the perfect combination of destination wedding and close to home. I loved the log cabin view and the weather was perfect. The staff, including jodie and her family, were so accomodating and allowed me to stop by several times to calm my nerves for the day of. Guests are still talking about what a gem this is in beaver county!

destination wedding Pittsburgh Style

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Kristina K

Craving a destination wedding but not sure all of your family and friends can make a tropical location, well look no farther than lake front, complete with a narrow white sand beach that is nestled amongst beautiful tree foliage and not too far from downtown Pittsburgh, about 40 minutes from the Pittsburgh Airport, right off of Interstate 376 West in Beaver County. The facility is lovely- a log cabin lodge with extra special touches around every corner. The view is beautiful and the craftmanship of the facility is top-rate. The venue is always seasonally decorated making every guest feel right at home and well attended to plus making decorating for your cocktail hour easy. Mid-to large weddings currently need to use a tent and they work to make dining and dancing and other merry making just perfect. The staff was fantastic and work really hard to make your vision come to life for your special day. The venue is large and can accommodate several tents, use of the main lodge, and the outdoor decks and beach. I choose to use the entire facility and the grounds and had a fire pit, and sky lanterns for our farewell.. The grounds provide beautiful on-site photo-ops and the day and night sky made for amazing photographs. The Gathering Place uses an exclusive caterer, Pete Medures who was outstanding and worked very hard to accommodate every nuance of our wedding which was billed as a Fall Festival of Family, Friends, Food and Forever After. The venue cost varies with the facilities and services that you desire and the Caterer is considered a separate vendor and handles the tents, and handles any extras that you need. So in your planning you will need to plan for a facility cost and the catering costs, outside services such as a bar and your desserts, cake,etc. and a "just like home" (which we were told by our guest was way better than home. Because we had so many specialty items ie. a coffee bar, popcorn machine, some heaters, which weather held out and we did not need, and some special lighting that we wanted an extra generator was recommended.

AMAZING LOCATION

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Dana P

This venue is such a hidden gem! It was beautiful and everything looked perfect! It is a little bit of a drive from the city but was so worth it! Annie was great with keeping everything running smoothly. We received so many compliments about our reception and how beautiful it was.

Great venue, great family

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Jamie C

This is a family run venue that could not be easier to work with. I have worked weddings at a wide variety of venues (hotels, country clubs, and contracted on site caters) for almost 10 years and I cannot say enough about how great Jodie and her parents are about organizing anything that you need. There will be something on your day that doesn't go according to your plan brides. Fortunately for me, these were minor details that I didn't communicate and no one even knew. Jodie is laid back but very organized and will not pressure you about anything, unlike many of my vendors did! The venue itself is gorgeous and people will not stop talking about it to me! Everything went very smoothly and was flawless to my guests. If you are looking for a truly amazing venue and a laid back atmosphere that's outside, this is definitely the place for you.

People will rave about your wedding site!

Reviewed on 9/28/2011 Amanda H

We had our ceremony and reception here. Ed and Annie Knotts and Jodie Fusetti (all family members that own the location) are incredible and some of the nicest people in the world! Jodie organized everything for our ceremony and I don't think things could have gone so smooth without her. The site was reasonably priced and they pretty much gave us free reign on decorations, setup, timing, etc. We were able to set up times for the rehearsal and I was able to arrive early the day of the wedding to get ready. The only negatives I can possibly think of was that our power went out twice in the tent during our reception. Both times were very brief and Ed apologized to us. It really wasn't a big deal, it sort of added character to the night. The bridge was out on our wedding day also, so it kind of threw people off on where they needed to go (a sign for the bridge being out was a little bit misleading). All in all, our wedding day was perfect. Everyone couldn't believe how gorgeous the house was. The ceremony was gorgeous on the lake and the reception was very open and allowed our guests to move from the tent to the house. I highly recommend this site!

TO The Gathering Place at Darlington Lake