The Gathering Place at Darlington Lake

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

144 New Galilee Road, Darlington, PA

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Ashley E

Since my husband and I were not having our wedding at the church, we searched for a rustic venue that reflected the image of God. We were amazed at the venue and how there were bible verses all through the pavilion. Our wedding was absolutely amazing! I was so impressed with the... Read More outside decor and how well everything was decorated for fall. Annie and her husband were very helpful as well as their daughter. They never once told us that we couldn't come in earlier to decorate or gave us any hassles about the rehearsal. I was a little disappointed with the fact that during our rehearsal they were setting up for another wedding but, we were very respectful and not rude to the other wedding that was decorating that morning. Our guests were blown away with how beautiful the view was and couldn't stop talking about how great our ceremony went. We had prayed for perfect weather and for the Holy Spirit to move in people's hearts during the ceremony. God defiantly answered our prayers and we couldn't be more blessed than we were that day. Thank you Annie for the perfect place to have our dream wedding.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Kim S

How can I go about giving a 10/5 stars? My son and now daughter in law contracted The Gathering Place as the venue for their wedding which occurred last weekend...They truly superceeded every expectation and went out of their way to make our day one that was low stress and... Read More more than we ever anticipated... Annie was so helpful and offered suggestions and worked with us on so many levels above and beyond my previous experiences in when planning other events at other venues... The grounds were beaulifully landscaped and decorated for a festive fall wedding and immaculately groomed for the day. They couldn't have offered us any more.. I actually had a guest tell me that she was trying to find an excuse to plan something there! That says it all! Thank you for making our wedding one that will be long remembered for us... and our friends and family!!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Roxi M

My wedding at this venue LOOKED fairy tale perfect. I had an absolutely gorgeous warm November day and our actual wedding/reception-- I am speechless, perfect. BUT if you're the type of person that doesn't deal well with ongoing stress, I do not recommend this venue. We spent a... Read More ridiculous amount of money JUST to have the reception there and EVERYTHING else was an extra charge. The ceremony, the house, insurance, extra chairs etc etc etc were all separate charges. $3.75 a chair for more than 175 guests. Why? They're chairs? For the amount of money spent just to be on the property, everything else should have been included. For example.....I spent $500 extra to rent the bed and breakfast house for all us girls to get ready. They offer a luncheon but guess what, that's not included in the $500, it's $10 a person. Don't think about opting out either, you get charged a $55 "hospitality fee". Either way you have to pay something of course.....the planning up until the big day was fine until about 8 weeks before when all the nitty gritty stuff needed ironed out.....Jodie, the coordinator, never answers the phone, returns phone calls or emails. The only way to get her attention was to start getting quite snippy and she miraculously either called or emailed right back. She told me a few times she would get in contact with my vendors, the pastor being my main concern, but never did nor returned his phone calls. Can't have a normal evening "ceremony rehearsal into dinner" tradition (unless yours is on Friday) because they have weddings Friday Saturday and Sunday. Ok fine...our rehearsal was at 10am Friday morning, in nobody's way, not interrupting anything..whatever not a big deal.....I was completely unaware, however, that about 30 people would be interrupting my morning of wedding decorating by doing their rehearsal in the middle of the reception pavilion. Let's just say that I was so livid at the fact of people sitting at the tables who were causing chair sashes to fall, moving my center pieces around to accommodate their belongings, leaving their belongings on tables that weren't finished so that I couldn't finish them, members of that wedding party purposely standing in the way of things all while the owners watched, that I had to leave the area and leave everything in the hands of my wonderful bridesmaids. Then when my parents had a word with the owners about it, the husband nastily told my mother that we're lucky he let us in when he did and we didn't read the contract correctly, we should've only had 3 hours. Funny, Jodie (their daughter) told me directly we were permitted on the property at 9am- my wedding wasn't until 3 and again for the amount of money spent, I should've been able to get in the night before. He later apologized when we warned him of the reviews we'd be leaving. The husband also insisted to my dj, who was their a month or so before our wedding, that our wedding was the day before it was actually scheduled, prompting the dj to email me in the middle of the night making sure he had the right information... The property made our wedding day a pure fairy tale, everything is absolutely gorgeous there but beware of "nickel and dime-ing" and simply having a hard time with the way they do business....Im surprised there aren't more negative reviews. Word of mouth has told me a fair amount of horror stories about their experiences with them so I know I'm not the only one. Good luck!

2016-11-16T08:49:05 Response from the vendor

We were sad to see that we were unable to meet the expectations of one of our clients as we certainly strive to do so.  With regard to our contracts, it had become apparent to us over the course of the past several years that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Emily G

Loved having my reception here! The weather was perfect for Sept. 24, and the venue is absolutely breathtaking. One benefit I didn't realize until the actual wedding was how much space everyone has! The kids had plenty of room to run and play. The bar crowd had tons of room to... Read More spread out and chat. And the dance floor is the perfect size. Jodie and her team made everything super easy. I'd suggest to brides to not go overboard with flowers and decorations. This place is gorgeous all on its own and one your guests are sure to remember!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Abby V

WOW! This venue was absolutely stunning. It was the first venue my husband and I looked at and weninstely fell in love! They're such amazing people to work with and they will transform your dreams into reality. We worked with events 143, LLC through them and they really brought... Read More everything to life for us. They truly exceeded our expectations for our wedding and everyone could not get over how amazing the place looked!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Karah B

this was my first and ONLY venue I went to see. It was everything I wanted and more in a wedding venue! A beautiful log pavilion, a lake front ceremony, a gorgeous new cabana bar what more can I say it's GORGEOUS and all of our guest were just amazed as we were! Communication... Read More with the vendor was easy and they answered all the questions I had! Food and bar tending is provided by Medure's catering, food is delicious to say the least my guests still raving about it! Top notch wedding venue! It was perfect!itravinabout it!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Valerie S

The Gathering Place is such a beautiful venue! We were looking for rustic elegance and they delivered. They recently built a pavilion and added on a kitchen and bathroom just before our wedding, which made it even better. Everything was fantastic. The venue was more than what we... Read More could have imagined. You wouldn't even need to decorate to make it beautiful - it does that on its own. Jodie was such a pleasure to work with - a bit busy as the venue is becoming more popular - but willing to help with whatever we needed. The weather turned bad so we had to move the ceremony under the pavilion and it turned out just as beautiful as the original plan outdoors. I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Jennifer W

he gathering place at Darlington lake was the perfect combination of destination wedding and close to home. I loved the log cabin view and the weather was perfect. The staff, including jodie and her family, were so accomodating and allowed me to stop by several times to calm my... Read More nerves for the day of. Guests are still talking about what a gem this is in beaver county!

destination wedding Pittsburgh Style

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Kristina K

Craving a destination wedding but not sure all of your family and friends can make a tropical location, well look no farther than lake front, complete with a narrow white sand beach that is nestled amongst beautiful tree foliage and not too far from downtown Pittsburgh, about... Read More 40 minutes from the Pittsburgh Airport, right off of Interstate 376 West in Beaver County. The facility is lovely- a log cabin lodge with extra special touches around every corner. The view is beautiful and the craftmanship of the facility is top-rate. The venue is always seasonally decorated making every guest feel right at home and well attended to plus making decorating for your cocktail hour easy. Mid-to large weddings currently need to use a tent and they work to make dining and dancing and other merry making just perfect. The staff was fantastic and work really hard to make your vision come to life for your special day. The venue is large and can accommodate several tents, use of the main lodge, and the outdoor decks and beach. I choose to use the entire facility and the grounds and had a fire pit, and sky lanterns for our farewell.. The grounds provide beautiful on-site photo-ops and the day and night sky made for amazing photographs. The Gathering Place uses an exclusive caterer, Pete Medures who was outstanding and worked very hard to accommodate every nuance of our wedding which was billed as a Fall Festival of Family, Friends, Food and Forever After. The venue cost varies with the facilities and services that you desire and the Caterer is considered a separate vendor and handles the tents, and handles any extras that you need. So in your planning you will need to plan for a facility cost and the catering costs, outside services such as a bar and your desserts, cake,etc. and a "just like home" (which we were told by our guest was way better than home. Because we had so many specialty items ie. a coffee bar, popcorn machine, some heaters, which weather held out and we did not need, and some special lighting that we wanted an extra generator was recommended.

AMAZING LOCATION

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Dana P

This venue is such a hidden gem! It was beautiful and everything looked perfect! It is a little bit of a drive from the city but was so worth it! Annie was great with keeping everything running smoothly. We received so many compliments about our reception and how beautiful it... Read More was.

Great venue, great family

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Jamie C

This is a family run venue that could not be easier to work with. I have worked weddings at a wide variety of venues (hotels, country clubs, and contracted on site caters) for almost 10 years and I cannot say enough about how great Jodie and her parents are about organizing... Read More anything that you need. There will be something on your day that doesn't go according to your plan brides. Fortunately for me, these were minor details that I didn't communicate and no one even knew. Jodie is laid back but very organized and will not pressure you about anything, unlike many of my vendors did! The venue itself is gorgeous and people will not stop talking about it to me! Everything went very smoothly and was flawless to my guests. If you are looking for a truly amazing venue and a laid back atmosphere that's outside, this is definitely the place for you.

People will rave about your wedding site!

Reviewed on 9/28/2011 Amanda H

We had our ceremony and reception here. Ed and Annie Knotts and Jodie Fusetti (all family members that own the location) are incredible and some of the nicest people in the world! Jodie organized everything for our ceremony and I don't think things could have gone so smooth... Read More without her. The site was reasonably priced and they pretty much gave us free reign on decorations, setup, timing, etc. We were able to set up times for the rehearsal and I was able to arrive early the day of the wedding to get ready. The only negatives I can possibly think of was that our power went out twice in the tent during our reception. Both times were very brief and Ed apologized to us. It really wasn't a big deal, it sort of added character to the night. The bridge was out on our wedding day also, so it kind of threw people off on where they needed to go (a sign for the bridge being out was a little bit misleading). All in all, our wedding day was perfect. Everyone couldn't believe how gorgeous the house was. The ceremony was gorgeous on the lake and the reception was very open and allowed our guests to move from the tent to the house. I highly recommend this site!

Start a Conversation!