The Grande Hall at Hofmann Ranch

Castroville, TX

Country Elegance in the Texas Hill Country

Nestled in Castroville, Texas, these 370 acres of scenic landscape & Alsatian Texas charm are 25 minutes from downtown San Antonio. Exchange your vows on the tranquil patio as the sun sets over the Medina River Valley. Enjoy cocktail hour in the pavilion & host your reception in the Grande Hall with its double oak staircases & lavish chandeliers. Your special day includes the use of The Grande Hall, the Brick Patio, and the Pavilion, which accommodate up to 300 guests.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Garden

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

448 Private Road 4742, Castroville, TX

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Maranda K

At the start of my wedding planning I had my heart set on a ranch outdoor wedding. When I discovered the Hofmann ranch online I thought it was too good to be true. I actually live out of the country, so my parents first went to look at the ranch and face timed me while they were... Read More there. Mrs. Hofmann gave the tour to my parents and I (on face time). They made everything so clear, showed me everything and answered all of my questions. Let's just say that the pictures online don't do the place justice. Even through face time I was able to see the beauty of the Hofmann Ranch. I knew it was the perfect place and booked right away over the phone. The venue both outside and inside are absolutely beautiful. The grounds outside are so green and well kept. So many hidden gems around every corner and you truly have the outdoor rustic feel. It has been 2 weeks now since we got married and my guests are still raving about how beautiful everything was. Not only is the venue beautiful. The Hofmann's were so great to work with. They are kind and genuine people and they are truly there to help you and make your wedding day amazing. I had most contact through email and Cindy was always there to answer all of my questions! If you are looking for a outdoor and ranch type of wedding definitely go check out the Hofmann Ranch. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Dyran W

From the beginning of our engagement we knew the first place we would like to go was to the Hofmann Ranch, based on the amazing website. From the start of me scheduling our tour to the end of our wedding day, the Hans and Cindy were so graceful and a blessing to work with. They... Read More made me feel like a bride! There wasn't a time that my emails and questions weren't answered. Every concern that I had they were there to help either it was the ought email, phone our by scheduling a time to come in the the ranch! I could not have asked for anything more throughout our whole wedding process! It was a dream come true, beautiful venue, great environment, and wonderful people to work with. I would recommend this venue to anyone, we are still getting talks about how beautiful the whole day was!! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

We had my daughter's wedding reception at the Hofmann Ranch and everything was so beautiful and everyone so helpful I couldn't have asked for anything better! From the initial meeting to the packing up after the wedding reception, the personnel were top notch and over the top in... Read More their dealings with us.i would highly recommend them to anyone hosting an event and will definitely use them again in the future.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Jen M

Wedding coordinator was not helpful but venue was beautiful! We had our entire belongings stored in the "hen house" and then we're told they all had to be out of the building after the ceremony in 100 degree weather. Venue is great for a small, intimate wedding but hire your... Read More owne coordinator to be sure things run smoothly and stuff is taken care of.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Janis O

From the start we new that The Grande Hall at Hoffman Ranch was for us. Charlotte, Hans and Cindy were GREAT to work with! They are all very nice, polite, organized and helpful through the entire process. Once thing i will note is that they definitely went above and beyond for... Read More us. We had two wood cake stands that were made for us and both did not work for us the day of. Charlotte and Hans had wood from a tree that was already cut and let us use that as our cake stand. It was extremely thoughtful and we loved it! Aaron & I are both fans of the outdoors so we loved that we were able to have both our ceremony and reception outdoors. We also loved the fact that if it rained we had a back up plan and could use the hall. We were always updated every step of the way. We even hired a coordinator that the Hoffman's recommended who were also Awesome by the way! We enjoyed our wedding from beginning to end! And we love the Hoffman's and Cindy for making our dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Audrey C

The Hofmann Ranch was a beautiful place for us to have our wedding. We got so many compliments from our guests. Charlotte and Hans were amazing throughout the process. Amazing place to have your special day.

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Sarah S

The Hofmann Ranch is an amazing venue. It's so beautiful and peaceful. I felt so honored and blessed to have had the chance to be married at this great venue. The owners, Charlotte and Hans are two wonderful and caring people. Their daughter Cindy was so helpful! They are truly... Read More loving people and I will highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Maranda G

The Hofmanns were wonderful to work with and the venue is absolutely gorgeous. All night my guests kept commenting about how nice it was out there. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Love at First Sight

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Nichole F

I was never the girl who grew up dreaming of her wedding day, but the day I toured the Hofmann Ranch I fell in love (again)! As I walked around I could finally envision where I would stand in my dress next to the absolutely breathtaking foliage and flowers, imagine my bridal... Read More party cascading down the grande hall staircase, and saying "I do" under the archway as the sunset behind us. The cost included a site for the ceremony and cocktail hour, then inside the grande hall for dinner, and back outside for an outdoor reception so we got three separate spaces in one AND a day of coordinator- such a value! The grounds were so beautiful that I had no need for chair covers, or extra decor other than my centerpieces. The staff was fabulous! Mrs. Charlotte, Cindy, and Heather were great with communication and vendor tips, they answered every question I had, and even helped me with ideas on how to make things work when needed. I could not have picked a better venue and could not recommend this one highly enough to brides in San Antonio!

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

The Grande Hall at Hofmann Ranch was the perfect place to celebrate our special day! The Hofmanns were incredibly flexible and willing to work with us. I was thankful for the upfront and professional way they handled business. All expectations and requirements were outlined very... Read More clearly. It made working with the ranch easy. The venue is very well kept and absolutely beautiful. It has the perfect amount of country charm yet, has a sense of elegance and beauty. The variety of rental options allowed us to plan the perfect ceremony/reception combination. The Antique Gates were perfect for our beautiful outdoor ceremony. We utilized the Pavilion for appetizer hour and then moved inside the Grande Hall for reception. This allowed us to accommodate for crazy Texas weather, yet, allowed us to do everything that we had imagined. Transitioning was seamless and easy. I wouldn't have wanted to have our wedding at any other venue. I am so thankful this is where we celebrated the beginning of our marriage!

April- De Leon Wedding

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

I loved the grande hall at Hoffman ranch for my wedding! This venue had everything I wanted to make my day special!! The indoor dinner followed by outdoor dancing was the perfect setting! I love Charlotte! She is amazing!! This venue is perfect for any type of wedding.... Read More Stephanie and Ray De Leon 4/4/15

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Megan H

We had the best experience at The Hofmann Ranch. Charlotte, Hans, and Cindy we so helpful, and were always easy to reach to answer any questions. The venue is so beautiful and well maintained. They made our wedding and reception so beautiful and stress free. I would... Read More recommend them to anyone.

LOVED THEM

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Kelly S

Loved the venue and loved the Hofmanns!!! You have multiple options for the ceremony in just one venue. The one and only thing I wish was different was that they only allow you to decorate 3 hours before the wedding. This made the day a little more hectic but other than that it... Read More was great!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

The Grande Hall at Hofmann Ranch is not only a beautiful venue, but it was a pleasure to work with everyone from the ranch. Planning a wedding can be very stressful, so it was nice to work with a group of people who want to make sure everything goes smoothly on your wedding... Read More day. We were able to have a plan for both good and bad weather. Knowing that your guests will be comfortable no matter what the weather brings was great. We had multiple guests compliment us on how gorgeous the venue was. Whether you have a lot of decorations or keep them to a minimum, this venue will make for some beautiful pictures. We highly recommend Hofmann Ranch. Thank you, Lauren and Randall

Gorgeous Texas Venue

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Rebekah M

I used Hofmann Ranch for my April 2015 wedding, and I am so happy that I did! The staff was wonderful, very flexible in meeting with me and e-mailing back and forth with little details. They also provided me with an option of several on-site coordinators, which I have to say... Read More was really nice to be able to choose. I worked with Heather, who was absolutely wonderful before and during the wedding! The venue itself is really wonderful because you get several different settings when you rent so you have lots of options! We did the ceremony at the antique gates, cocktail hour on the patio, and the reception in the covered patio. The look of the venue was beautiful for my Texas glam rustic but not oo rustic wedding. :) It was beautiful! I found that everything being so close to each other was a major bonus for my guests. My only qualm is that they could use a better sign so that guests see the venue off the road easily. If you haven't considered having your event here, please schedule a visit soon!

A Winter Wonderland Event

Reviewed on 2/19/2015 Emily H

Rain or shine, Texas heat or winter sleet this venue will go above and beyond to make your day a success! My husband & I chose The Grande Hall at Hofmann Ranch for our January 2015 wedding and we have no regrets. The Grande Hall is beautiful with it's polished wood feel that is... Read More unique enough but also neutral enough for any event theme from rustic to modern elegance. It has a beautiful two story balcony, a hardwood dance floor, a couple of built in bars, rustic accent pieces, wooden columns, a double staircase and metal chandeliers. The staff was exceptionally attentive, especially Cindy and Kendra. They made themselves readily available to myself and my family anytime we wanted another walk-through to plan the layout, had questions about the reception timeline, etc. They handled all the details of my vendor arrivals, decor set up times, table layouts, linens, basically everything the week of my event. All I needed to do was cross my fingers for good weather and show up! Kendra even kept our reception on time when the sleet slowed us down and forced us inside. She handled the changes of inclement weather smoothly with a Plan A & B and it all came together so beautifully no one knew we had originally planned something different. She ensured my husband & I had a chance to eat, got family photos taken, provided me with guidance when to cut the cake, do our first dances, and was always nearby to get get me anything I needed. She was very sweet, calm, professional and attentive. Overall our experience at Hofmann was flawless. I would recommend them to anyone for any event that deserves impeccable attention to detail in a unique environment!

Absolutely memorable place!

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Veronica A

From the scenic outdoors, to the spacious yet intimate indoors...the Hofmann Ranch provided many memorable, beautiful memories for our wedding. We wanted the beauty of the Texas hill country to radiate for our guests, especially those from out of town, and the Hofmann Ranch... Read More had that "It Factor" we just couldn't resist. It was meant to be with an affordable price, especially for a Sunday wedding. Cindy, and Mr and Mrs Hofmann worked so patiently and kindly with us. Cindy helped tremendously with the preferred Vendor list, options for the layout of tables for our guests, answering my millions of questions, and providing advice that helped for a smooth wedding rehearsal. They were like family making sure the place was perfect from the Hen House to the outdoor and indoor locations. We also got all our requests from the sheriffs with their horses to the Chiavari Chairs. Our dream wedding was made a reality. Highly recommend the Hofmann Ranch!

Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Jessica D

Very much enjoyed working with the folks at Hofmann Ranch and they made our wedding day very special. We had so many compliments on the venue. The venue sets the tone for your whole wedding, so it was a vital decision to create the setting I had envisioned in my mind. Utilizing... Read More the outdoors was really key, but obviously dependent on the weather. Texas is hot most of the year, so we tried to stay on the cooler side and picked October. While the weather was a little warm for the ceremony, it cooled down so fast and was pleasant to have dinner outside in the pavilion. They are flexible to work with many vendors of your choosing, so that was nice not to be restricted to one or two. Gorgeous venue for a Texas hill country feel, would recommend it to anyone who has the budget for it! I cannot wait to get my pictures to re-live it and see how it all turned out, as a bride, you miss many of the little details the day of!

Unique and Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Lucia V

When looking for a wedding venue, we wanted a place with a Texas feel AND a great outdoor ceremony space. Although there were other venues that were similar in style to Hofmann Ranch, none of them had outdoor covered spaces. This was important to us since we didn't want to get... Read More rained on or have the sun beating down on our guests, and we didn't want to be forced inside for the ceremony either. All our guests loved the setting and we got so many compliments on our beautiful wedding venue. There are a ton of spots for great pictures, and our guests took advantage of those too. The only things I would caution other brides about is the time. You have access to the venue, including the hen house where the bridal party can get ready, 3 hours before the ceremony start. With two people doing hair and one doing makeup, that was barely enough time for me, my mom and 2 bridesmaids to get ready, and my bridesmaids did their own makeup. Someone with a larger party would need more hair/makeup people since they won't give you more time. The other thing that could be an issue is getting everything out of the hen house an hour after the ceremony's done. That wasn't an issue for me since I had such a small bridal party, but if you have a larger one or people who aren't very helpful, it might be more stressful. In the end, we had a wonderful time on our wedding day and I am glad we settled on Hofmann Ranch!!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Jessica G

This venue was amazing! Not to mention the family was so helpful and kind to us. I do not have one complaint about this place or the Hofmann's. From the outdoor pavilion to the grande hall everything is beautiful. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Fantastic Venue

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Jana G

Hofmann Ranch is a gorgeous, well-equipped venue for any type of event. Our daughter's wedding went off "without a hitch" largely due to the welcoming Hofmann family who worked tirelessly to make the event flow smoothly from start to finish. Cindy, Kendra and Charlotte offered... Read More encouragement and support throughout the wedding planning process. We definitely recommend this venue to anyone who might be looking for a unique, pristine event location.

Dream Come True Venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Clarissa B

I got married on June 7, 2014 and used this venue for all of my wedding needs: getting ready, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. This venue is absolutely beautiful and the service goes above and beyond to make your dream wedding come true. This venue is wedding ready... Read More without a lot of decoration needed but is to die for adding a few flowers or whatever to the tables. With the Hofmann Family and using Gary as my caterer, you don't even need a coordinator. They take care of everything and both were super amazing to work with. Gary took care of all of my decorating needs and I would recommend using him also! I wasn't even stressing over how things were going to look or turn out because the venue was perfect already, and this is coming from a bride who planned her wedding that was about 300 miles away! It's well worth the cost. This venue is only 30 minutes away from downtown San Antonio and is just far enough away that you don't feel like your in the city anymore but it's just a short trip away. My guest were so blown away when they saw the venue and they all absolutely loved it! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue! Definitely worth the trip to at least go see and consider.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Laura B

The Hoffman ranch was the perfect place for our wedding! Cindy and everyone at the ranch was always so helpful and gave such great recommendations. The catering from Gary was amazing and everything went so well! All our guests were so impressed with the venue and raved about... Read More how great and beautiful everything was.

Great Venue!!!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Laura F

We got married at the Hofmann Ranch just a little over a month ago(May 2014). I could not have been more pleased with picking this venue! The Hofmann's are a great family and really care about their venue and their brides and grooms. We picked this venue 11 months before our... Read More wedding and Cindy did a great job contacting us through out this time to check in and answer our questions. Hans Hofmann also went out of his way to help us put together a sign before the wedding. We had multiple people come up to us through out the wedding and after to comment on how amazing the venue was! Our ring bearer even left his little jacket at the venue and they ended up shipping it to them. I would definitely recommend booking the Hofmann.

A Dream Come true

Reviewed on 1/28/2014

The venue is beautiful and you can tell they leave no detail unnoticed. I never had a worry when working with them and the Castroville Cafe which is a blessing because planning a wedding is very stressful. They were always so helpful and all the vendors they recommend are... Read More amazing. The night was truly perfect and not a thing went wrong. I was so blessed to get married here on November 9, 2013. Everything was so beautiful and I got marry the man of my dreams. That night we accidentally left several items including our card box. They held everything for us in a safe until we were able to pick it up almost 2 weeks later. Charlotte and her husband are such sweet people. This venue is beautiful and the owners are beautiful people which made it even better!!